Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 18:28:28 +0100, Bjørn Steensrud
> wrote:

>Evelyn wrote:
>

>> Now I ONLY own pets. I still insist on getting good dogs, but I buy
>> from a breeder who breeds only from German imported stock. His dogs
>> are all sold to the police and K-9 people, as well as the obedience
>> crowd. I would never own another dog bred for the show ring. They
>> don't care about the dogs mind, only conformation.
>>
>> This was my own fault for not insisting on both parents being OFA and
>> having my dog X-rayed at 7 mos. to determine how his hips were. But
>> the reason for that, is that no way would I give him up at 7 mos. even
>> if he did have bad hips. I would already love the dog and would keep
>> him till the problem became evident. So I hoped for the best.
>>
>> He is now 6 yrs old and he's been good till now.
>>
>> The anti-inflammatories seem to be doing a very good job, but we are
>> keeping him from being over active. Moderate exercise only.

>That's good to hear, Evelyn.
>The problem with having dogs and/or cats is that we come to love them so
>much.
>
>I still miss Simba (he was a cream colored cat, hence the name) who just
>disappeared, years ago. I have his litter brother, but he's quite different.
>I would have shown Simba to the highest titles, he was that nice, and with a
>temperament to match. I never showed cats that did not like the show halls.

I have one cat that is the most amazing, loving, trusting, gentle cat
I have ever owned, and another who is a bit standoffish. She is
loving too, but nothing like the other one, who is unbelievable.
Everyone who comes over wants to steal her or clone her. :-) Animals
have very different personalities, even if you raise them the same
way.

Evelyn