Old 11-01-2012, 09:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

On 1/11/2012 1:06 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
LMFAO That is perfect, Julie! Isn't that exactly the ONLY meaning when
you've been stopped on the highway and the cop says, "Have you been
drinking?" PIMPLMFAO

ahhhh, yup! LOL

which is why i say, brb, got to get some pop!

love the new acronym! LOL

kate

Old 11-01-2012, 09:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
wrote in message

I know you mean well, Kate. But Jan alone is responsible for what she
said. And it's clear why she is trying to say she didn't.

But she did.

This is SO bad a time for news.individual.net to NOT be sending me
messages and you are on the SAME service, Susan.

With all respect, i truly didn't read what you are saying was
intended........ Ask anyone i know......... i call 'em as i see's 'em
and........ i'll often ask folks in RL "do you REALLY want an answer to
THAT question?, think before you ask.........."

i can only speak of what i believe is honest, and with respect for all
parties

In over 20 years of wedded bliss, I have only asked my wife once, "Do you
really want to know?"

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/11/2012 12:40 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
sigh Sensitivity training would be good for many people, including
me. Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

Bellatrix??

or??

I've never read or seen anything Harry Potterish.

I was referring to Doctora Lambastaka.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/11/2012 1:06 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
LMFAO That is perfect, Julie! Isn't that exactly the ONLY meaning when
you've been stopped on the highway and the cop says, "Have you been
drinking?" PIMPLMFAO

ahhhh, yup! LOL

which is why i say, brb, got to get some pop!

love the new acronym! LOL

kate

Thank you, dear lady. bowing

Old 11-01-2012, 09:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote:
Ozgirl wrote:
: "KROM" wrote in message

: sorry ozgirl but "put it out of its misery" has always meant to
kill
: it here and I've heard it used in UK movies in the euthanize
context.
:
: put "what does put it out of its misery mean?" into a Google
search
: bar and see the result.
:
: its very easy to take something a person says wrong..so lets be
: careful when taking a idiom wrong in others because we will
: eventually do it ourselves.

: In my country an ass is not a butt. Should I take Americans
literally
: when they say ass? I accept what Americans use in that context, can
it
: be possible that Americans can accept different word/phrase usages
from
: others? Especially when the context was there, i.e. followed by a
list
: of possible ways to relieve said misery. Instead of a call of
Ozgirl
: suggests I kill my cat! How about, Ozgirl, are you saying I should
kill
: my cat? Nope, kangaroo trial instead. Tolerance for differences at
its
: best, but yet... the phrase means more than just to kill even in
: America. Not my problem if people in here haven't experienced it.
Not
: my problem that people refuse to check it into properly. Google:
: "define: put out of misery".

:
"http://www.writersevents.com/Words_Starting_with_P/put_ones_foot_down_
:
put_something_together/put_someone_or_something_out_of_their_misery_def
: inition.html Idiom: put someone or something out of their misery
: To ****relieve them***** from their physical suffering or their
mental
: anguish.
: To kill (an animal that is in great pain)." (American)

:
"http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/put-sb-out-of-their
: -misery to stop someone worrying, usually by giving them
information
: that they have been waiting for" (British)

:
"http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/put+someone+out+of+his+or+her+m
: isery Kill a wounded or suffering animal or person, as in When a
horse
: breaks a leg, there is nothing to do but put it out of its misery .
: [Late 1700s]

: End someone's feeling of suspense, as in Tell them who won the
: tournament; put them out of their misery . [c. 1920] *******Both
usages
: employ put out of in the sense of "extricate" or "free
from."********"
: (American)

: http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+out+of+misery
: Put (one) out of (one's) misery
: 1. Euph. Fig. to kill someone as an act of mercy. Why doesn't the
: doctor simply put her out of her misery? He took pills to put
himself
: out of his misery.
: 2. Fig. to end a suspenseful situation for someone. Please, put me
out
: of misery; what happened? I put her out of her misery and told her
how
: the movie ended.
: See also: misery, out, put
: McGraw-Hill Dictionary of ****************American
Idioms*************
: and Phrasal Verbs. ? 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

: Anyone still want to tell me the phase ONLY means to euthanise?

A number of us simultainiously were astounded to hear that there was
another meaning for a phrase we had all only heard s meaning to put
down
or wthenize n animal. We all wrote, pretty simlutaniously. When you
described tht to you it didn't mean that some of us , at leasi I,
said
that in the US it was not such a meaning tht it had in oz. thant's
all.
When you sain put him out of his misery we had had an automatic
response.
Once we were told tht it was one of those bum , ass, knock up , kind
of
differences between British based and American usages we could begin
deal with it. Criticising us all and claiming dog iling, etc is
rather
an overkill from the Aussies as it was totally new to us USAns that
there
was any other meaning.

Please don't let your hostility towards Susan so cloud your view that
you
misinterpret all of our reactions. It is simply one of those
langage
differences that come up every once in a while.

sigh Sensitivity training would be good for many people, including
me.
Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

I'd say it probably means my brain is FUBAR, but I am not a psychic so I
can't say for sure. Whatever, telling someone they are ****ed in the
head is pretty strong stuff.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/10/2012 10:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
I'll buy the cake for the pity party because you don't like cake.

Um... Are you allowed to say that in here?

*Looks sheepish*

LOL

we'll have a Pithy Pity Party for you, and Jan and I can eat the cake

wait, Jeremy and a few others are nearby, we could have a meet! LOL

Jeremy, blast from the past. I didn't bring his addy over from an old
computer (which got accidentally tossed out - don't ask, anything can
happen in this house). Is he ok? Give him my email address.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/10/2012 11:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
That might be acceptable but... I am not supposed to say that I
don't like
something. So I don't know if it would be acceptable for*you* to
say that
I don't like something.

eeeeeewwwwwwwww, that's DISGUSTING i would NEVER eat that, it's too
slimey and i can't stand it, it makes me want to GACK and PUKE

Here's a pukey bucket. Actually I use empty ice cream containers, keep a
few hidden away in cupboards around the house. Good thing is you can
toss them out afterwards.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/10/2012 11:07 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
But you are really me!

oh crap, no! LOL

Julie, girl, love you, but........ i can't agree with you a lot of the
time.

Jan, if you see any similarities, please tell me, cause i sure don't!

kate

We are human, that's a start! Anyway vive la différence

Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote:

If I say that I am enjoying a drink do you automatically assume it is
alcohol? Probably you would!

LMFAO That is perfect, Julie! Isn't that exactly the ONLY meaning when
you've been stopped on the highway and the cop says, "Have you been
drinking?" PIMPLMFAO

IME police now ask if you have drunk any alcohol Maybe they got too
many smartarse answers in the past, lol.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/11/2012 12:40 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
sigh Sensitivity training would be good for many people, including
me.
Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

Bellatrix??

I'd like to think I am a shining star But I do love Helena Bonham
Carter (sp?).

Old 11-01-2012, 10:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/11/2012 12:40 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
sigh Sensitivity training would be good for many people,
including
me. Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

Bellatrix??

or??

I've never read or seen anything Harry Potterish.

I was referring to Doctora Lambastaka.

Doesn't ring a bell and the only other reference online is from you a
few years ago, lol.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

The question related to several decades before we met. And no, she didn't.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/11/2012 12:40 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
sigh Sensitivity training would be good for many people, including
me.
Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

Bellatrix??

I'd like to think I am a shining star But I do love Helena Bonham
Carter (sp?).

Who? Has she played in any Monty Python productions?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/11/2012 12:40 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
sigh Sensitivity training would be good for many people,
including
me. Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

Bellatrix??

or??

I've never read or seen anything Harry Potterish.

I was referring to Doctora Lambastaka.

Doesn't ring a bell and the only other reference online is from you a
few years ago, lol.

Those were the days, my dear. sigh