Old 07-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Nancy Young

Default Bloody mary mix?

I usually just wing it. But for tailgating I'd usually get a
good mix out of a jar. I forget the name of the brand
and I don't want to go running around looking for it.

So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of
course, some nice celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones.
Celery has been nasty this year.

Anyway, anything good I'm missing?

nancy

Old 07-09-2005, 11:33 PM
notbob

On 2005-09-07, Nancy Young wrote:

Anyway, anything good I'm missing?

Whuhs-dis-here-sauce?

nb
Old 07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Nancy Young

On 2005-09-07, Nancy Young wrote:

Anyway, anything good I'm missing?

Whuhs-dis-here-sauce?

nb

Heh ... is that anything like that hard to spell stuff? (those
wacky brits)

nancy

Old 07-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 07 Sep 2005 03:30:08p, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

I usually just wing it. But for tailgating I'd usually get a
good mix out of a jar. I forget the name of the brand
and I don't want to go running around looking for it.

So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of
course, some nice celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones.
Celery has been nasty this year.

Anyway, anything good I'm missing?

nancy

Worcestershire, for sure, and I usually put just a bit of prepared
horseradish in it (not the creamed style).

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 07-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Nancy Young

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote
On Wed 07 Sep 2005 03:30:08p, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of
course, some nice celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones.
Celery has been nasty this year.

Worcestershire, for sure, and I usually put just a bit of prepared
horseradish in it (not the creamed style).

Of course, horseradish. Maybe I'll take it on the side.

nancy

Old 08-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Melba's Jammin'

In article , notbob

On 2005-09-07, Nancy Young wrote:

Anyway, anything good I'm missing?

Whuhs-dis-here-sauce?

nb

Gitcher snout outta that Nawlins concocktailshun, nb -- she's got the
worcestershire covered. 8=)
--
-Barb, http://www.jamlady.eboard.com Several notes since 8/18/05,
including the Blue Ribbon Brownie Recipe. Sam I Am! 9/6/05.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Mr Libido Incognito

Nancy Young wrote on 07 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking

I usually just wing it. But for tailgating I'd usually get a
good mix out of a jar. I forget the name of the brand
and I don't want to go running around looking for it.

So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of
course, some nice celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones.
Celery has been nasty this year.

Anyway, anything good I'm missing?

nancy

salt for the rim?...

pickled whole green beans or pickled asparagus spears works fine instead of
celery.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:17 AM
jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
I usually just wing it. But for tailgating I'd usually get a
good mix out of a jar. I forget the name of the brand
and I don't want to go running around looking for it.

So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of
course, some nice celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones.
Celery has been nasty this year.

Anyway, anything good I'm missing?

nancy

Celery salt, rather than celery seed (who wants *seeds* in their drink?).
If you can't find a good mix (Texas Redeye is good down this way and comes
in a variety from pretty much plain tomato juice to HOT) I'd use the V-8
regular and the V-8 Spicy. Let people pick and choose whether they want to
add more hot sauce. Lots of people swear by clam juice. Why clam juice
came into the picture I don't know. I adore clam soup but not with tomatoes
and certainly not in my bloody mary's!

Additional garnishes- wedges of fresh limes.

Jill

Old 08-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Mr Libido Incognito

jmcquown wrote on 07 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking

Lots of people swear by clam juice. Why clam juice
came into the picture I don't know. I adore clam soup but not with
tomatoes and certainly not in my bloody mary's!

tomato juice and clam juice...Mott's clamato juice is the base for the
Canadian drink a Ceasar!

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Frenchy

:
: So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
: pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of
: course, some nice celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones.
: Celery has been nasty this year.
:
: Anyway, anything good I'm missing?
:
: nancy
:

Wasabi!!!

Get some good paste (or make your own from powder is better) stir that in to mix
it well. A powerful zing to the BM!! Can add a teaspoon of prepared horseradish
as well for a combined flavour Wasabi/Horseradish

Frenchy

Old 08-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 07 Sep 2005 04:17:09p, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

Nancy Young wrote:
[...]

I never could understand Beefamato, either. I usually make my own
concoction, but does anyone still use Mr. & Mrs. T mix?
--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 08-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Dimitri

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
I usually just wing it. But for tailgating I'd usually get a
good mix out of a jar. I forget the name of the brand
and I don't want to go running around looking for it.

So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of
course, some nice celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones.
Celery has been nasty this year.

Anyway, anything good I'm missing?

nancy

For me.

lemon or lime
drop the V8 - go with regular.
Celery salt not seed.
I like a shot (tablespoon) of Cocktail sauce or horseradish.
Tabasco
Worcestershire
Vodka
Ice
:-)

Dimitri

Old 08-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Nancy Young

"jmcquown" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:

So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me.

Celery salt, rather than celery seed (who wants *seeds* in their drink?).

That's the thing, celery seeds get in my teeth and are annoying. But,
since I usually use V8, it's already so salty ... but then so is tomato
juice,
no?

add more hot sauce. Lots of people swear by clam juice. Why clam juice
came into the picture I don't know. I adore clam soup but not with
tomatoes
and certainly not in my bloody mary's!

Heh, no clams in my bloody mary, uh uh.

nancy

Old 08-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Nancy Young

"Frenchy" wrote

Wasabi!!!

Get some good paste (or make your own from powder is better) stir that in
to mix
it well. A powerful zing to the BM!!

(laughing) See, that's what I'd be afraid of, BM! with all that hot stuff.
I don't wanna watch the game from the ladies room.

nancy

Old 08-09-2005, 01:57 AM
Damsel in dis Dress

"Nancy Young" said:

"jmcquown" wrote

Lots of people swear by clam juice. Why clam juice
came into the picture I don't know. I adore clam soup but not with
tomatoes and certainly not in my bloody mary's!

Heh, no clams in my bloody mary, uh uh.

I think they're called by a different name when Clamato is introduced into
the picture. I love that variation.

Carol
--
http://www.manilowfund.com/

"You Deserve a Break Today" by Barry Manilow