~patches~

Dave Smith wrote:
<snip>
> Baloney. Women have conversations. At an outdoor party I have seen four women
> carry on their conversation as they walked over to the shadows and then dropped
> their drawers, squatted and peed, and not even a pause in the conversation.

Ya-but, we don't talk about it It's just a matter of the fact thing
not a giggling fest like the menfolk do. Not that I've ever done that
as washrooms have always been sufficient for me and I'm not too fond of
poison ivy or worse on my privates, thank you very much.

Mr Libido Incognito

Nancy Young wrote on 08 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> Have you ever tried that?? It's horrible! I bought a
> bunch of cans of it (must have been Costco, all I can
> think) never having tried it ... took me months before
> I admitted the error of my ways and ditched it.
>
> nancy

It's ok if you add salt.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 07 Sep 2005 04:17:09p, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>> I usually just wing it. But for tailgating I'd usually get a
>>> good mix out of a jar. I forget the name of the brand
>>> and I don't want to go running around looking for it.
>>>
>>> So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco, pepper,
>>> sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of course, some nice
>>> celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones. Celery has been nasty
>>> this year.
>>>
>>> Anyway, anything good I'm missing?
>>>
>>> nancy

>> Celery salt, rather than celery seed (who wants *seeds* in their
>> drink?). If you can't find a good mix (Texas Redeye is good down this
>> way and comes in a variety from pretty much plain tomato juice to
>> HOT) I'd use the V-8 regular and the V-8 Spicy. Let people pick and
>> choose whether they want to add more hot sauce. Lots of people
>> swear by clam juice. Why clam juice came into the picture I don't
>> know. I adore clam soup but not with tomatoes and certainly not in
>> my bloody mary's!
>>
>> Additional garnishes- wedges of fresh limes.

> I never could understand Beefamato, either. I usually make my own
> concoction, but does anyone still use Mr. & Mrs. T mix?

When I'm in the mood for a bloody mary (which isn't all that often) I buy
Texas Redeye. The hot stuff will knock your socks off!

Jill

Damsel in dis Dress

"Nancy Young" > said:

> I usually just wing it. But for tailgating I'd usually get a
> good mix out of a jar. I forget the name of the brand
> and I don't want to go running around looking for it.
>
> So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
> pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of
> course, some nice celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones.
> Celery has been nasty this year.
>
> Anyway, anything good I'm missing?

Sorry, slowly catching up on posts.

Crash used to hang out in a bar where they stuck a bouquet of celery sticks
into a pitcher full of vodka and let them soak for a day. The celery
packed a bigger punch than the drink did!

We used to go to a bar where they put a sausage in the drink instead of
celery. Kinda like Slim Jims, but edible.

Oh, and you need green olives.

I suppose now I'll read the rest of the thread and discover that all of
these have already been suggested. <G>

Carol
--
http://www.manilowfund.com/

"You Deserve a Break Today" by Barry Manilow