Sheryl Rosen

zxcvbob at wrote on 9/7/05 10:48 PM:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> I usually just wing it. But for tailgating I'd usually get a
>> good mix out of a jar. I forget the name of the brand
>> and I don't want to go running around looking for it.
>>
>> So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
>> pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of
>> course, some nice celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones.
>> Celery has been nasty this year.
>>
>> Anyway, anything good I'm missing?
>>
>> nancy

Get the V8 that's "Spicy Hot" or Picante.....
I like "English Prime Rib Rub" from Penzey's in my Bloody Mary, too.
(It's got a little salt, but also pepper, ground celery seed and other good
things).

Worcestershire....oh wait, I see you're using tabasco, so maybe you don't
need the spicy hot V8. Horseradish adds another dimension of "hot" and I
actually prefer the horseradish heat to the tabasco heat. I also prefer
chipotle vs. tabasco....

My fav. bloody mary mix is V8, worcestershire, ground chipotle, ground black
pepper, the prime rib rub, lemon juice (a must)....plus vodka, of course.
And I prefer a dill pickle spear to the celery stalk.

Yummy stuff.

--
---
Love like you've never been hurt