Nancy Young

"aem" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> [snip]
>> So, I'm making my own. V8, Worchestershire, Tabasco,
>> pepper, sometimes celery seed, but it annoys me. Of
>> course, some nice celery stalks, if I can find any nice ones.
>> Celery has been nasty this year.
>>
>> Anyway, anything good I'm missing?
>>

> You're missing lemon juice.

I never ever put lemon juice in my bloody mary's, who
knew? I will do so.

> We prefer tomato juice to V-8 to avoid
> that nasty carrot juice, but that's just personal preference.

Ah, is that the problem, the carrot juice? I like V8, but I'll
take tomato juice instead, either way. Whatever I can get in
those plastic jars.

> If we
> can hide it in a big pitcher we sometimes but in several stalks of
> parsley. Horseradish, wasabi, etc. are best available for individual
> choice. The big unknown is whether these are simply brunch Bloody
> Marys or the more critical medicinal morning after marys. The latter
> need more black pepper and more salt.

(laugh) These are for hanging out by the car waiting for the game to
start while eating various mismatched foods, from cookies to stromboli
to cheese and crackers to ... all in no particular order. Oh! that reminds
me, I should make some potato salad.

(smile) The first tailgate of the season is always the most fun. As the
season goes on it's more like ... just grab a sub from Joyce's and let's go.

nancy