Pandora

Default [YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS]

Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter that
I've put in the fridge.
I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I must
put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps only
for an a half?
Thank you very much for clarifications
Pandora

Ophelia

"Pandora" > wrote in message
> Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter
> that I've put in the fridge.
> I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I
> must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
> stamps only for an a half?
> Thank you very much for clarifications
> Pandora

I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook much
faster than the big ones

Good Luck)

Pandora

"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
.uk...

> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>> Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter
>> that I've put in the fridge.
>> I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I
>> must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps
>> only for an a half?
>> Thank you very much for clarifications
>> Pandora

> I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook much
> faster than the big ones
>
> Good Luck)

Thank you Ophelya ! I will do this late afternoon, because this morning we
eat pasta.
Then I send you photos. I hope they come well.
Cheers
Pandora

sf

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:36:24 GMT, Ophelia wrote:

> "Pandora" > wrote in message
> > Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter
> > that I've put in the fridge.
> > I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I
> > must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
> > stamps only for an a half?
> > Thank you very much for clarifications
> > Pandora

> I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook much
> faster than the big ones

They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.
Ophelia

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:36:24 GMT, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>> > Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the

>> batter
>> > that I've put in the fridge.
>> > I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much

>> batter I
>> > must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
>> > stamps only for an a half?
>> > Thank you very much for clarifications
>> > Pandora

>> I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook
>> much
>> faster than the big ones
>>

> They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
> raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
> pan (preheated of course).

Yes indeed they turn out fine and very high)))

Cast iron is perfect

TammyM

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:26:59 +0200, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter that
>I've put in the fridge.
>I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I must
>put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps only
>for an a half?
>Thank you very much for clarifications
>Pandora

Heh. I have this picture of batter-dipped Yorkshire terriers. I
know. I'm awful.

TammyM
Pandora

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:36:24 GMT, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>> > Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter
>> > that I've put in the fridge.
>> > I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I
>> > must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
>> > stamps only for an a half?
>> > Thank you very much for clarifications
>> > Pandora

>> I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook much
>> faster than the big ones
>>

> They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
> raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
> pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
> those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
> souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top an
raw on the internal base.
1) I haven't preheated the tins;
2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?
Cheers
Pandora

Bill

wrote:

>Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter that
>I've put in the fridge.
>I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I must
>put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps only
>for an a half?
>Thank you very much for clarifications
>Pandora

yours look alot more "airy" and "puffy" than mine did Pandora...mine
had too much flour and they were flatter and more "bisquit" like in
appearance...

Bill

Pandora

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:36:24 GMT, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>> > Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter
>> > that I've put in the fridge.
>> > I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I
>> > must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
>> > stamps only for an a half?
>> > Thank you very much for clarifications
>> > Pandora

>> I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook much
>> faster than the big ones
>>

> They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
> raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
> pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
> those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
> souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

Have you got a photo of cast iron, please, sf?
Thanks
Pan

Bill

wrote:

>"Pandora" > wrote in message
>> Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter
>> that I've put in the fridge.
>> I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I
>> must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
>> stamps only for an a half?
>> Thank you very much for clarifications
>> Pandora

>I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook much
>faster than the big ones
>
>Good Luck)

looking at Pandora's pictures Ophelia, how do they compare in
"appearance" with your Scones?

Bill

Pandora

"TammyM" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:26:59 +0200, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>
>>Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter that
>>I've put in the fridge.
>>I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I
>>must
>>put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps only
>>for an a half?
>>Thank you very much for clarifications
>>Pandora
>>

> Heh. I have this picture of batter-dipped Yorkshire terriers. I
> know. I'm awful.

DDDDDDDDDDD

Pandora

"Bill" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:26:59 +0200, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>
>>Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter that
>>I've put in the fridge.
>>I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I
>>must
>>put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps only
>>for an a half?
>>Thank you very much for clarifications
>>Pandora

> yours look alot more "airy" and "puffy" than mine did Pandora...mine
> had too much flour and they were flatter and more "bisquit" like in
> appearance...

Oh yes! But many of them "puffed down" when out of oven. I wonder if this
thing is normal!

Pandora

Ophelia

"TammyM" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:26:59 +0200, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>
>>Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter
>>that
>>I've put in the fridge.
>>I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I
>>must
>>put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps
>>only
>>for an a half?
>>Thank you very much for clarifications
>>Pandora
>>

> Heh. I have this picture of batter-dipped Yorkshire terriers. I
> know. I'm awful.

Well you could but the hairs get in between your teeth

Ophelia

"Bill" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:36:24 GMT, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Pandora" > wrote in message
>>> Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the
>>> batter
>>> that I've put in the fridge.
>>> I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter
>>> must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
>>> stamps only for an a half?
>>> Thank you very much for clarifications
>>> Pandora

>>I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook much
>>faster than the big ones
>>
>>Good Luck)
>>>

> looking at Pandora's pictures Ophelia, how do they compare in
> "appearance" with your Scones?

Well I haven't seen the url for the pics Btw we are making Yorkshire
puddings not scones)

Ophelia

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>>> batter
>>> batter I
>>> the
>>>
>>> I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook
>>> much
>>> faster than the big ones
>>>

>> They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
>> raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
>> pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
>> those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
>> souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

> Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top
> an raw on the internal base.
> 1) I haven't preheated the tins;
> 2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
> 3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
> But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

I think perhaps your oven was too hot also. I did warn you about
different ovens. I am sure I mentioned to heat the tins ! I hope this
won't put you off trying again!

Pandora

Debbie, tomorrow I will try your recipe.
But I must ask you a thing: in your recipe you use 1 1/3 cups milk.
How much is 1 1/3 of cup? Cups are of various measure, you know...
Than you said: "the batter should be about 1/2 inch deep"; this when you use
the big pan or the muffin tin?
At the end I ask you: "how many batter shall I put in the muffin thin and
how much if I use a big round cake pan of 9 inch?
Thank you and sorry for all this questions.
Pandora

Pandora

"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
k...

> "Pandora" > wrote in message

>>> They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
>>> raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
>>> pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
>>> those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
>>> souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

>> Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top an
>> raw on the internal base.
>> 1) I haven't preheated the tins;
>> 2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
>> 3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
>> But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

> I think perhaps your oven was too hot also. I did warn you about
> different ovens. I am sure I mentioned to heat the tins ! I hope this
> won't put you off trying again!

Ohh! Ophelia. Noooo! I will try again and I must try also Debbie's recipe!
Yes. You told me ! I forgot to preheat the pan
Pandora ((

Ophelia

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Bill" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:26:59 +0200, "Pandora" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter
>>>that
>>>I've put in the fridge.
>>>I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter
>>>I must
>>>put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps
>>>only
>>>for an a half?
>>>Thank you very much for clarifications
>>>Pandora

>> yours look alot more "airy" and "puffy" than mine did Pandora...mine
>> had too much flour and they were flatter and more "bisquit" like in
>> appearance...
>>

> Oh yes! But many of them "puffed down" when out of oven. I wonder if
> this thing is normal!

Please will you repost your url I haven't seen the pics yet

sf

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:26:57 GMT, TammyM wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:26:59 +0200, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>
> >Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter that
> >I've put in the fridge.
> >I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I must
> >put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps only
> >for an a half?
> >Thank you very much for clarifications
> >Pandora
> >

> Heh. I have this picture of batter-dipped Yorkshire terriers.

No that's a Corn Dog!

> I know. I'm awful.

More of a cat person, I gather?
sf

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:48:47 +0200, Pandora wrote:

> Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top an
> raw on the internal base.
> 1) I haven't preheated the tins;
> 2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
> 3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
> But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

No, but I've made them several times in the past few months.

sf

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:51:11 +0200, Pandora wrote:

> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> >>

> > They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
> > raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
> > pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
> > those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
> > souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

> Have you got a photo of cast iron, please, sf?
> Thanks

Google is faster.

For one big YP, I use either my 10" or my 12" skillet
http://www.cookeryware.com/images/ironskillet.jpg

www.innonthecove.com/culinary_column.html Do you see how they
raised straight up on the sides? That's what they are supposed to to
look like!
Debbie

Pandora wrote:
>> Debbie, tomorrow I will try your recipe.
>> But I must ask you a thing: in your recipe you use 1 1/3 cups milk.
>> How much is 1 1/3 of cup?

There are 8 ounces in a cup. You will need about 303 ml.

Cups are of various measure, you know...
>> Than you said: "the batter should be about 1/2 inch deep"; this when
>> you use the big pan or the muffin tin?

Either. I only pour the batter to a depth of about 1/2 inch.

>> At the end I ask you: "how many batter shall I put in the muffin
>> thin and how much if I use a big round cake pan of 9 inch?

If I remember right, the recipe I gave you should do for this size pan.

Debbie

Debbie

Pandora wrote:

>>> They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
>>> raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
>>> pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
>>> those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
>>> souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

>> Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the
>> top an raw on the internal base.
>> 1) I haven't preheated the tins;

Very important step. Put the meat drippings/oil in the pan and preheat
until the oil is sizzling.

Debbie

Debbie

Pandora wrote:
>> "Bill" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>>> yours look alot more "airy" and "puffy" than mine did Pandora...mine
>>> had too much flour and they were flatter and more "bisquit" like in
>>> appearance...
>>>

>> Oh yes! But many of them "puffed down" when out of oven. I wonder if
>> this thing is normal!

Yes.

Debbie

Pandora

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:48:47 +0200, Pandora wrote:
>
>> Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top
>> an
>> raw on the internal base.
>> 1) I haven't preheated the tins;
>> 2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
>> 3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
>> But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

> No, but I've made them several times in the past few months.

And how they came? How they was internally?
Pandy

Pandora

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:51:11 +0200, Pandora wrote:
>>
>> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> >>
>> > They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
>> > raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
>> > pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
>> > those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
>> > souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

>> Have you got a photo of cast iron, please, sf?
>> Thanks

> Google is faster.
>
> For one big YP, I use either my 10" or my 12" skillet
> http://www.cookeryware.com/images/ironskillet.jpg

Beautiful. This kind of pans are very expensive, here!

Does exist also cast iron tin?

> www.innonthecove.com/culinary_column.html Do you see how they
> raised straight up on the sides? That's what they are supposed to to
> look like!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! What wonderful! I hoped they would come like this!!!!!
But I see that the recipe is different. Ross mavis use more flour (the same
quantity of liquid and more eggs!
I want to try this recipe.
thank you Sf

Pandora

"Debbie" > ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .
> Pandora wrote:
>>> Debbie, tomorrow I will try your recipe.
>>> But I must ask you a thing: in your recipe you use 1 1/3 cups milk.
>>> How much is 1 1/3 of cup?

> There are 8 ounces in a cup. You will need about 303 ml.

Ok. 303 ml!

> Cups are of various measure, you know...
>>> Than you said: "the batter should be about 1/2 inch deep"; this when
>>> you use the big pan or the muffin tin?

> Either. I only pour the batter to a depth of about 1/2 inch.

Ok!

>>> At the end I ask you: "how many batter shall I put in the muffin
>>> thin and how much if I use a big round cake pan of 9 inch?

> If I remember right, the recipe I gave you should do for this size pan.

Yes. Ok! Tomorrow I will tell you. Thank you Debbie!
Pandora

> Debbie

Pandora

"Debbie" > ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .
> Pandora wrote:

>>> Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the
>>> top an raw on the internal base.
>>> 1) I haven't preheated the tins;

> Very important step. Put the meat drippings/oil in the pan and preheat
> until the oil is sizzling.

I must remember, today )))
Pandora

> Debbie

Pandora

"Debbie" > ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .
> Pandora wrote:

>>> Oh yes! But many of them "puffed down" when out of oven. I wonder if
>>> this thing is normal!
>>>

> Yes.
> Debbie

This is a consolation ))))
Pandora

Ophelia

"Debbie" > wrote in message
.. .
> Pandora wrote:

>>> Oh yes! But many of them "puffed down" when out of oven. I wonder if
>>> this thing is normal!
>>>

> Yes.

Oh! My small ones don't but a big one does

Ophelia

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:51:11 +0200, Pandora wrote:
>>
>> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> www.innonthecove.com/culinary_column.html Do you see how they
> raised straight up on the sides? That's what they are supposed to to
> look like!

Yes this is how mine are

Pandora

"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
news

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:51:11 +0200, Pandora wrote:
>>>
>>> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>> www.innonthecove.com/culinary_column.html Do you see how they
>> raised straight up on the sides? That's what they are supposed to to
>> look like!

> Yes this is how mine are

But the recipe is a little different. Now I 'm very confused!
One say that I must put only 1/2 inch og batter, others say for 3/4, others
(like the Mister in the website) almost full!
the same Mister put 4 eggs!!!! and 500 mg of flour!
What shoul I do?
Pandora ((

nancy1

Pandora wrote:
> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:48:47 +0200, Pandora wrote:
> >
> >> Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top
> >> an
> >> raw on the internal base.
> >> 1) I haven't preheated the tins;
> >> 2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
> >> 3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
> >> But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

> > No, but I've made them several times in the past few months.
> >

> And how they came? How they was internally?
> Pandy

If you want something like Yorkshire pudding that will definitely keep
its shape, try Popovers or Cream Puffs...you can fill these, too.

N.

Pandora

"nancy1" > ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...

> Pandora wrote:

>> > No, but I've made them several times in the past few months.
>> >

>> And how they came? How they was internally?
>> Pandy
>> >

> If you want something like Yorkshire pudding that will definitely keep
> its shape, try Popovers or Cream Puffs...you can fill these, too.
>
> N.

Thank you Nancy1. But haven't they say that popovers and YP are the same
thing?
If not I would like a good recipe for popovers, too!!!!
have you got?
Thank you
Pandora.

Ophelia

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> news

>>> www.innonthecove.com/culinary_column.html Do you see how they
>>> raised straight up on the sides? That's what they are supposed to
>>> look like!

>> Yes this is how mine are

> But the recipe is a little different. Now I 'm very confused!
> One say that I must put only 1/2 inch og batter, others say for 3/4,
> others (like the Mister in the website) almost full!
> the same Mister put 4 eggs!!!! and 500 mg of flour!
> What shoul I do?

Well you need to choose. I am sure they all work ok.

Why not continue with the one you are using and see how you can improve
it

Pandora

"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. uk...

> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news

>>> Yes this is how mine are

>> But the recipe is a little different. Now I 'm very confused!
>> One say that I must put only 1/2 inch og batter, others say for 3/4,
>> others (like the Mister in the website) almost full!
>> the same Mister put 4 eggs!!!! and 500 mg of flour!
>> What shoul I do?

> Well you need to choose. I am sure they all work ok.
>
> Why not continue with the one you are using and see how you can improve
> it

Yes. I'm continuing with your recipe because is the better IMHO
Cheers
Pandora
I'm doing now

nancy1

Pandora wrote:
> "nancy1" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> ups.com...
> >
> > Pandora wrote:

le)

> >> And how they came? How they was internally?
> >> Pandy
> >> >

> > If you want something like Yorkshire pudding that will definitely keep
> > its shape, try Popovers or Cream Puffs...you can fill these, too.
> >
> > N.

> Thank you Nancy1. But haven't they say that popovers and YP are the same
> thing?
> If not I would like a good recipe for popovers, too!!!!
> have you got?
> Thank you
> Pandora.

Well, they're sort of the same and sort of not. They get more dry
inside - huge air pocket in the center - you bake them in a lightly
greased pan, or non-stick muffin tins and they get a lot higher. You
have to bake them on the bottom rack, or the tops will burn, they get
so high.

The below is from the Martha Stewart website - I use her recipe and a
popover pan.

"By adding cheese (such as Parmesan), sugar, or spices to the batter,
popovers can be suited to any occasion. For ease of use, a popover pan
with a nonstick coating is the ideal baking vessel for popovers, but
you can also use six-ounce custard dishes or a muffin tin."

1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing tin

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 large eggs

1 1/4 cups milk

1. Preheat oven to 450=B0. Lightly grease and flour a popover tin.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a separate
medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
Pour over flour mixture, and fold until just blended.

3. Fill the popover cups two-thirds to three-quarters full.

4. Transfer tin to oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the
temperature to 350=B0, and bake until well browned and crusty, about 20
minutes. Remove popovers from the oven, and unmold onto a rack.
Puncture the sides with a sharp knife to let steam escape, and serve
immediately."

If you don't serve them immediately, turn them out on a rack to cool
completely. They store nicely for a couple days in a plastic bag at
room temperature. Have fun! You can flavor them with all kinds of
herbs - dill is one of my favorite things to add to the batter.

N=2E

Pandora

"nancy1" wrote:

Well, they're sort of the same and sort of not. They get more dry
inside - huge air pocket in the center - you bake them in a lightly
greased pan, or non-stick muffin tins and they get a lot higher. You
have to bake them on the bottom rack, or the tops will burn, they get
so high.

GooooooooDDDDDDD!!!!!! Thank you for this recipe, Nancy1
I will try tomorrow. Only a question:
How much is one cup for you? 300 or 500 ml?
Thank you
Pandora

The below is from the Martha Stewart website - I use her recipe and a
popover pan.

"By adding cheese (such as Parmesan), sugar, or spices to the batter,
popovers can be suited to any occasion. For ease of use, a popover pan
with a nonstick coating is the ideal baking vessel for popovers, but
you can also use six-ounce custard dishes or a muffin tin."

1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing tin

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 large eggs

1 1/4 cups milk

1. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly grease and flour a popover tin.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a separate
medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
Pour over flour mixture, and fold until just blended.

3. Fill the popover cups two-thirds to three-quarters full.

4. Transfer tin to oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the
temperature to 350°, and bake until well browned and crusty, about 20
minutes. Remove popovers from the oven, and unmold onto a rack.
Puncture the sides with a sharp knife to let steam escape, and serve
immediately."

If you don't serve them immediately, turn them out on a rack to cool
completely. They store nicely for a couple days in a plastic bag at
room temperature. Have fun! You can flavor them with all kinds of
herbs - dill is one of my favorite things to add to the batter.

N.

nancy1

Pandora wrote:
> "nancy1" wrote:
>
> Well, they're sort of the same and sort of not. They get more dry
> inside - huge air pocket in the center - you bake them in a lightly
> greased pan, or non-stick muffin tins and they get a lot higher. You
> have to bake them on the bottom rack, or the tops will burn, they get
> so high.
>
> GooooooooDDDDDDD!!!!!! Thank you for this recipe, Nancy1
> I will try tomorrow. Only a question:
> How much is one cup for you? 300 or 500 ml?
> Thank you
> Pandora
>

> The below is from the Martha Stewart website - I use her recipe and a
> popover pan.
>
> "By adding cheese (such as Parmesan), sugar, or spices to the batter,
> popovers can be suited to any occasion. For ease of use, a popover pan
> with a nonstick coating is the ideal baking vessel for popovers, but
> you can also use six-ounce custard dishes or a muffin tin."
>

> 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing tin
>
> 1 cup all-purpose flour
>
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>
> 2 large eggs
>
> 1 1/4 cups milk
>
> 1. Preheat oven to 450=B0. Lightly grease and flour a popover tin.
>
> 2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a separate
> medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
> Pour over flour mixture, and fold until just blended.
>
> 3. Fill the popover cups two-thirds to three-quarters full.
>
> 4. Transfer tin to oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the
> temperature to 350=B0, and bake until well browned and crusty, about 20
> minutes. Remove popovers from the oven, and unmold onto a rack.
> Puncture the sides with a sharp knife to let steam escape, and serve
> immediately."
>
> If you don't serve them immediately, turn them out on a rack to cool
> completely. They store nicely for a couple days in a plastic bag at
> room temperature. Have fun! You can flavor them with all kinds of
> herbs - dill is one of my favorite things to add to the batter.
>
> N.

Here's a website for converting measurements - it says 250 ml is one
cup. =20

N=2E

Andy

"nancy1" > wrote in
oups.com:

> 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing tin
> 1 cup all-purpose flour
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 2 large eggs
> 1 1/4 cups milk

Nancy,

I follow that recipe except the butter in the batter. My popovers always
come out of the oven looking dull and dry looking. My mom's popovers
would come out of the oven with the crowns nice and shiny. Maybe the
added butter makes the difference?

How do yours come out?

Andy

--