Old 04-06-2016, 01:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Video: Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Looks good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

Jill

Old 04-06-2016, 02:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2016 9:28 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 20:58:16 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

Looks good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

I don't need to watch a video of somebody making a grilled cheese
sandwich.

-sw

So don't watch.

Jill
Old 04-06-2016, 02:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 20:58:16 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

Looks good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

I don't need to watch a video of somebody making a grilled cheese
sandwich.

-sw

bbbbut it's not just a grilled cheese sandwich, it is the ULTIMATE grilled
cheese sandwich. Yes, yet ANOTHER ultimate grilled cheese sandwich.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/3/2016 8:28 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 20:58:16 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

Looks good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

I don't need to watch a video of somebody making a grilled cheese
sandwich.

-sw

This is different from any grilled cheese sandwich I have ever seen
because it has cheese on the inside and also on the outside of both
slices of bread. If the video is accurate, the outside will be crispy
(just as with any grilled cheese sandwich) and not greasy.

MaryL

Old 04-06-2016, 09:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"MaryL" wrote in message
On 6/3/2016 8:28 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 20:58:16 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

Looks good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

I don't need to watch a video of somebody making a grilled cheese
sandwich.

-sw

This is different from any grilled cheese sandwich I have ever seen
because it has cheese on the inside and also on the outside of both slices
of bread. If the video is accurate, the outside will be crispy (just as
with any grilled cheese sandwich) and not greasy.

Same here. I think I'll try that for Hubby. I think he will like it a lot

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 04-06-2016, 01:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

I put pepperoni between the cheese slices.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 7:09:24 PM UTC-10, MaryL wrote:
On 6/3/2016 8:28 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 20:58:16 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

Looks good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

I don't need to watch a video of somebody making a grilled cheese
sandwich.

-sw

This is different from any grilled cheese sandwich I have ever seen
because it has cheese on the inside and also on the outside of both
slices of bread. If the video is accurate, the outside will be crispy
(just as with any grilled cheese sandwich) and not greasy.

MaryL

Grilled cheese is a very good thing. I make a grilled cheese spaghetti the same way. It's the reason I like non-stick pans - you can do things with them that you cannot do with stick pans. I like to use mayo instead of butter on the bread. One day most people will do that.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
[...]

I tried that (grilled cheese recipe) this evening but ... I don't have plain
white bread. I make my bread (to our preference) with seeds and wheat
flakes and mixed wholemeal and white flour. I expect that might make a
difference. It was good but fairly greasy. I will do it like this again,
but not with the added cheese on the outside. Oh and I did add sun dried
tomatoes in the middle which made that part very good.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 04-06-2016, 09:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2016 10:09 AM, Ophelia wrote:

"dsi1" wrote in message
[...]

I could go for one now! I'd take your bread or anyone else's homemade
bread over white bread any day. Hee hee.

Oddly enough, I've been making cheese sandwiches with grilled cheese on
the outside for years. I think a better choice for the cheese on the
outside is Parmesan cheese. It's tastier and less greasy!
Old 05-06-2016, 08:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
[...]

Oh! That sounds better! I just followed the recipe on the vid.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/