Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_20_] dsi1[_20_] is offline

Default Video: Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich

On 6/4/2016 10:09 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> This is different from any grilled cheese sandwich I have ever seen
>>> because it has cheese on the inside and also on the outside of both
>>> slices of bread. If the video is accurate, the outside will be crispy
>>> (just as with any grilled cheese sandwich) and not greasy.
>>>
>>> MaryL

>> Grilled cheese is a very good thing. I make a grilled cheese spaghetti
>> the same way. It's the reason I like non-stick pans - you can do
>> things with them that you cannot do with stick pans. I like to use
>> mayo instead of butter on the bread. One day most people will do that.

> I tried that (grilled cheese recipe) this evening but ... I don't have
> plain white bread. I make my bread (to our preference) with seeds and
> wheat flakes and mixed wholemeal and white flour. I expect that might
> make a difference. It was good but fairly greasy. I will do it like
> this again, but not with the added cheese on the outside. Oh and I did
> add sun dried tomatoes in the middle which made that part very good.

I could go for one now! I'd take your bread or anyone else's homemade
bread over white bread any day. Hee hee.

Oddly enough, I've been making cheese sandwiches with grilled cheese on
the outside for years. I think a better choice for the cheese on the
outside is Parmesan cheese. It's tastier and less greasy!