Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grilled cheese sandwich

A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
mistakes but was soon put right.

Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!

AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!

Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?

;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:26:35 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
>mistakes but was soon put right.
>
>Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>
>AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>
>Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>
>;-)

check out this modified grilled cheese with bacon...

http://images.edge-generalmills.com/...878e3e1563.jpg

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"William" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:26:35 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
>>mistakes but was soon put right.
>>
>>Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>>
>>AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>>
>>Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>>
>>;-)

> check out this modified grilled cheese with bacon...
>
> http://images.edge-generalmills.com/...878e3e1563.jpg

Thank you Mine looks a wee bit different because I am using my own home
made bread with seeds and wheatflakes added but it doesn't stop it being
really good I put chutney in mine at present but I can see I might be
trying other stuff out)
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
> mistakes but was soon put right.
>
> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>
> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>
> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>
> ;-)

How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
American way.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 8:26:59 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
> mistakes but was soon put right.
>
> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>
> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>
> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>
> ;-)

Yummy yummy cheese! Replete with GREASE!! :-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 9:51:33 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 8:26:59 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> > A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
> > mistakes but was soon put right.
> >
> > Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
> >
> > AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
> >
> > Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
> >
> > ;-)

> Yummy yummy cheese! Replete with GREASE!! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

John, for all of your education...why don't you have a greater knowledge about food? Fats are very important in most people's diets.
====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2016 12:22 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 9:51:33 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 8:26:59 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
>>> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
>>> mistakes but was soon put right.
>>>
>>> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>>>
>>> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>>>
>>> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>>>
>>> ;-)

>> Yummy yummy cheese! Replete with GREASE!! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> John, for all of your education...why don't you have a greater knowledge about food? Fats are very important in most people's diets.
> ====

It would appear he spends too much time taking classes and less time
actually cooking.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in news:ds7qkuF2vgtU1
@mid.individual.net:

> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
> mistakes but was soon put right.
>
> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>
> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>
> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>
> ;-)

If you make grilled cheese sandwiches as I do. remember there are many
other such sandwiches - most any lunch meat and cheese. Like ham or
braunsweiger (sp?) (I call it liver sausage!) and I prefer Velveeta or
its generic for grilling.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:26:35 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> > A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
> > mistakes but was soon put right.
> >
> > Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
> >
> > AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
> >
> > Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
> >
> > ;-)

> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
> American way.

Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
together; it was one or the other for lunch.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2016 12:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
>> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
>> American way.

> Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
> together; it was one or the other for lunch.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I think that image was a Campbell's soup company invention. Grilled
cheese with tomato soup was not the norm in my home as a child, either.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:26:35 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
>> mistakes but was soon put right.
>>
>> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>>
>> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>>
>> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>>
>> ;-)

> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
> American way.

LOL thanks
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 8:26:59 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
>> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
>> mistakes but was soon put right.
>>
>> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>>
>> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>>
>> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>>
>> ;-)

> Yummy yummy cheese! Replete with GREASE!! :-)

No, these are not. The first I made was but I was advised and now, no
grease!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message
> "Ophelia" > wrote in news:ds7qkuF2vgtU1
> @mid.individual.net:
>

>> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
>> mistakes but was soon put right.
>>
>> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>>
>> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>>
>> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>>
>> ;-)
>>

> If you make grilled cheese sandwiches as I do. remember there are many
> other such sandwiches - most any lunch meat and cheese. Like ham or
> braunsweiger (sp?) (I call it liver sausage!) and I prefer Velveeta or
> its generic for grilling.

Is that what I call, Plastic Cheese? I don't like it and I am happy with
cheddar

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:26:35 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> > A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
>> > mistakes but was soon put right.
>> >
>> > Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>> >
>> > AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>> >
>> > Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>> >
>> > ;-)

>> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
>> American way.

> Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
> together; it was one or the other for lunch.

Yes, I can see eating it for lunch. I use only one slice for my breakfast
and that is more than enough for me

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in
:

> "KenK" > wrote in message
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in news:ds7qkuF2vgtU1
>> @mid.individual.net:
>>

>>> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple
>>> of mistakes but was soon put right.
>>>
>>> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>>>
>>> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>>>
>>> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>>

>> If you make grilled cheese sandwiches as I do. remember there are
>> many other such sandwiches - most any lunch meat and cheese. Like ham
>> or braunsweiger (sp?) (I call it liver sausage!) and I prefer
>> Velveeta or its generic for grilling.

> Is that what I call, Plastic Cheese? I don't like it and I am happy
> with cheddar

Probably. Many here don't like it either. Cheddar works just fine. I love
real sharp cheddar too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown > wrote in news:BJB7z.27065$_02.18976
@fx21.iad:

> On 6/13/2016 12:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
>>> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
>>> American way.

>> Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
>> together; it was one or the other for lunch.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> I think that image was a Campbell's soup company invention. Grilled
> cheese with tomato soup was not the norm in my home as a child, either.
>
> Jill

Nor mine. Or mine now. I've not had tomato soup for many decades.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:26:35 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> > A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
> > mistakes but was soon put right.
> >
> > Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
> >
> > AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
> >
> > Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
> >
> > ;-)

> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
> American way.

I finished up my tomato soup last night with 2 more grilled
cheese sandwiches.
2 kinds of cheese and a nice slice of tomato. S&P
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message
> "Ophelia" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "KenK" > wrote in message
>>> "Ophelia" > wrote in news:ds7qkuF2vgtU1
>>> @mid.individual.net:

>>> If you make grilled cheese sandwiches as I do. remember there are
>>> many other such sandwiches - most any lunch meat and cheese. Like ham
>>> or braunsweiger (sp?) (I call it liver sausage!) and I prefer
>>> Velveeta or its generic for grilling.

>> Is that what I call, Plastic Cheese? I don't like it and I am happy
>> with cheddar
>>

> Probably. Many here don't like it either. Cheddar works just fine. I love
> real sharp cheddar too.

Oh yes)) That is what I use

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 6/13/2016 12:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> >> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
> >> American way.

> > Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
> > together; it was one or the other for lunch.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I think that image was a Campbell's soup company invention. Grilled
> cheese with tomato soup was not the norm in my home as a child, either.

The combo is an old comfort meal to me. Dip those grilled cheese
sandwiches into the tomato soup. Pretty good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Is that what I call, Plastic Cheese? I don't like it and I am happy with
> cheddar

Just so you know, Oph... that "plastic cheese" aka American Cheese
Product, tastes exactly like real mild cheddar cheese.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 3:26:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
> mistakes but was soon put right.
>
> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>
> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>
> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>
> ;-)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

I made some meat pies last night - my version of a pastie. My wife says that I should make them more and I'm inclined to agree. They are kind of labor intensive and I'm more into high speed, high heat frying but boy are they good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/13/2016 12:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
>>> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
>>> American way.

>> Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
>> together; it was one or the other for lunch.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> I think that image was a Campbell's soup company invention. Grilled
> cheese with tomato soup was not the norm in my home as a child, either.
>
> Jill

I've never cared for any kind of tomato soup.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 3:26:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
>> mistakes but was soon put right.
>>
>> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>>
>> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>>
>> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>>
>> ;-)
>>

> I made some meat pies last night - my version of a pastie. My wife says
> that I should make them more and I'm inclined to agree. They are kind of
> labor intensive and I'm more into high speed, high heat frying but boy are
> they good.

I made some game pies today! He had one for dinner this evening and was
very pleased)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Is that what I call, Plastic Cheese? I don't like it and I am happy with
>> cheddar

> Just so you know, Oph... that "plastic cheese" aka American Cheese
> Product, tastes exactly like real mild cheddar cheese.

But what about the texture?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-06-13 12:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:

>> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
>> American way.

> Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
> together; it was one or the other for lunch.

I am not American and I grew up on grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato
soup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 9:04:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" <dsi1> wrote in message
> > On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 3:26:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >> A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
> >> mistakes but was soon put right.
> >>
> >> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
> >>
> >> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
> >>
> >> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
> >>
> >> ;-)
> >>

> > I made some meat pies last night - my version of a pastie. My wife says
> > that I should make them more and I'm inclined to agree. They are kind of
> > labor intensive and I'm more into high speed, high heat frying but boy are
> > they good.

> I made some game pies today! He had one for dinner this evening and was
> very pleased)
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Cultural exchange program wot?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 13:29:57 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>sf wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:26:35 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> > A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
>> > mistakes but was soon put right.
>> >
>> > Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>> >
>> > AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>> >
>> > Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
>> >
>> > ;-)

>> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
>> American way.

>I finished up my tomato soup last night with 2 more grilled
>cheese sandwiches.
>2 kinds of cheese and a nice slice of tomato. S&P

That's the best. Grilled cheese made with tomato slices inside.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-06-13 1:45 PM, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Is that what I call, Plastic Cheese? I don't like it and I am happy with
>> cheddar

> Just so you know, Oph... that "plastic cheese" aka American Cheese
> Product, tastes exactly like real mild cheddar cheese.

I will agree that it is somewhat the same colour.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 9:04:11 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > I made some meat pies last night - my version of a pastie. My wife says
>> > that I should make them more and I'm inclined to agree. They are kind
>> > of
>> > labor intensive and I'm more into high speed, high heat frying but boy
>> > are
>> > they good.

>> I made some game pies today! He had one for dinner this evening and was
>> very pleased)

> Cultural exchange program wot?

Any time you want to try my game pies ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2016 10:19 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> says
>>>
>>> I made some game pies today! He had one for dinner this evening and
>>> was
>>> very pleased)

>> Cultural exchange program wot?

> Any time you want to try my game pies ...

I'm sure they were abfab. Hee hee. Unfortunately, the only game around
here are cats and chickens. I don't want to eat the chickens because I
think they're just cute and funny as hell. There's a couple of cats that
I'd like to shoot though. I suspect that a shotgun report from inside my
apartment might get my neighbors a little upset.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 6/13/2016 10:19 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Cultural exchange program wot?

>> Any time you want to try my game pies ...
>>

> I'm sure they were abfab. Hee hee. Unfortunately, the only game around
> here are cats and chickens. I don't want to eat the chickens because I
> think they're just cute and funny as hell. There's a couple of cats that
> I'd like to shoot though. I suspect that a shotgun report from inside my
> apartment might get my neighbors a little upset.

I expect it would)

Well, who knows on your next visit ... ;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/16 9:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>
> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>
> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?

I have to warn you that it could get worse...

My wife and I had an appetizer tonight at a Belgian restaurant in DC --
a bowl of tomato soup, accompanied by a grilled cheese sandwich made
with aged Gouda cheese between two Belgian waffles. It was absolutely
scrumptious!

I'll be doing that at home soon. 8

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 09:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:26:35 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> > wrote:
> >

> > > A few people here advised me on how to make them. I made a couple of
> > > mistakes but was soon put right.
> > >
> > > Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
> > >
> > > AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
> > >
> > > Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?? ?
> > >
> > > ;-)

> > How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
> > American way.

> Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
> together; it was one or the other for lunch.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I ate them separately, but I also ate them together. I think they are
perfect partners for lunch. For two people: split the sandwich and
have a cup of tomato soup each.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:57:17 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
> >> together; it was one or the other for lunch.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> >>

> > I think that image was a Campbell's soup company invention. Grilled
> > cheese with tomato soup was not the norm in my home as a child, either.
> >
> > Jill

> I've never cared for any kind of tomato soup.
>
> Cheri

Make your own and don't add milk/cream. Oh, my - so delicious!

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 15:09:13 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2016-06-13 12:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:

> >> How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
> >> American way.

> > Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
> > together; it was one or the other for lunch.

> I am not American and I grew up on grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato
> soup.

You might be across the boarder, but we're (virtually) from the same
neck o' the woods culturally.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 13:45:10 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Is that what I call, Plastic Cheese? I don't like it and I am happy with
> > cheddar

> Just so you know, Oph... that "plastic cheese" aka American Cheese
> Product, tastes exactly like real mild cheddar cheese.

And it melts beautifully.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 20:03:48 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Ophelia wrote:
> >>
> >> Is that what I call, Plastic Cheese? I don't like it and I am happy with
> >> cheddar

> > Just so you know, Oph... that "plastic cheese" aka American Cheese
> > Product, tastes exactly like real mild cheddar cheese.

> But what about the texture?

Smooth, not greasy the way sharp cheddar melts.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On 6/13/16 9:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> Well, I have to inform you that I am now hooked!
>>
>> AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
>>
>> Guess what my favourite breakfast is now?

> I have to warn you that it could get worse...

Oh Noooooooooooo ...

> My wife and I had an appetizer tonight at a Belgian restaurant in DC --
> a bowl of tomato soup, accompanied by a grilled cheese sandwich made with
> aged Gouda cheese between two Belgian waffles. It was absolutely
> scrumptious!
>
> I'll be doing that at home soon. 8

LOL

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 09:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:40:24 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:

>> > How British! Now try it for lunch with tomato soup. That's the
>> > American way.

>> Some Americans. I didn't grow up eating the two
>> together; it was one or the other for lunch.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> I ate them separately, but I also ate them together. I think they are
> perfect partners for lunch. For two people: split the sandwich and
> have a cup of tomato soup each.

Remember though I am only using one slice of bread and even that is a bit
too much

Also I didn't point out that I don't often eat breakfast so it is not an
everyday thing. But anyway, when and if I do make it, I love it)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Sqwertz
> wrote:

> It's a very common meal and is even listed on restaurant menus
> together. But finding a tomato soup that isn't obnoxiously sweet is
> near impossible these days. I tried the Campbells Tomato Bisque
> hoping it would be less considering in facny name, but nope...

As you know, making tomato soup the way you like it is dirt easy. Start
with a can of tomatoes. Salt, a little sugar to squelch the bite and
whatever else one thinks they'd like. Then a wand blender. Let's make a
bisque and add cream. I make tomato soup like Campbell's used to.
Anyone can easily do it and probably even better than Campbell's did
with little work.
Add a grilled cheese sandwich and I'm back in the sixties. I eat Kraft
American nowadays, but I'll eat Velveeta in a heartbeat if offered. Oh,
I prefer cheap white bread just like mom used to make.

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

You eat way better than me.

leo