Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default Video: Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 7:09:24 PM UTC-10, MaryL wrote:

>> > I don't need to watch a video of somebody making a grilled cheese
>> > sandwich.
>> >
>> > -sw
>> >

>> This is different from any grilled cheese sandwich I have ever seen
>> because it has cheese on the inside and also on the outside of both
>> slices of bread. If the video is accurate, the outside will be crispy
>> (just as with any grilled cheese sandwich) and not greasy.
>>
>> MaryL

> Grilled cheese is a very good thing. I make a grilled cheese spaghetti the
> same way. It's the reason I like non-stick pans - you can do things with
> them that you cannot do with stick pans. I like to use mayo instead of
> butter on the bread. One day most people will do that.

I tried that (grilled cheese recipe) this evening but ... I don't have plain
white bread. I make my bread (to our preference) with seeds and wheat
flakes and mixed wholemeal and white flour. I expect that might make a
difference. It was good but fairly greasy. I will do it like this again,
but not with the added cheese on the outside. Oh and I did add sun dried
tomatoes in the middle which made that part very good.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/