Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_20_] dsi1[_20_] is offline

Default Video: Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich

On 6/6/2016 9:14 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> ever
>>> outside of
>>> will >> >> >>>> be

>>> can >> >> >>> do
>>> to >> >> >>> use
>>> will >> >> >>> do

>>> do >> >> >> it
>>> and >> >> >> I

>>> on >> >> > the

>>> the >> > UK

>>> and
>>>
>>> But just on the outside of the bread?
>>>

>> I used to grill both sides of the bread since I was a kid. These days
>> I'm too lazy and just grill the outsides. You can spread butter or
>> mayo on the inside and not grill it too. I've never tried that. If I
>> had a thick slice of bread, I'd grill both sides. It tends to be too
>> greasy if you grill two sides of a thin slice but that's the way I
>> liked it back in the old days.

> You could give the old way another shot, just for old times sake? ))))
>
> You might even feel enthused to do it again ...

A trip down memory lane, eh? It could happen. OTOH, the idea of a greasy
sandwich doesn't light up my brain.

Try it with butter/mayo on one side only - my guess is that you'll enjoy
it and as an extra bonus, you get to taste some real American cuisine.
For extra authenticity, use yellow processed cheese
material/foodstuff/substance. Good eating to you!