Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Default ultimate-plus grilled ham & swiss cheese sandwich

Dang, but what a good grilled ham & swiss cheese-plus sandwich did I
just have for dinner tonight Bought the deli ham today, very thinly
sliced, along with the store-brand swiss cheese in block form.

Used the cheese slicer to slice the swiss cheese into some thin slices.
In a small skillet, individual slices of deli ham were grilled so
they'd get nice & browned - about six or seven very thin slices. After
browning each slice of ham, small bits of swiss cheese were in between
on one side. One large (thin) slice of ham was on the bottom. Add some
slices of cooked hard salami, too, if desired. Then fold the bottom
slice of ham back over itself with the rest of the bundle of cooked
ham/salami & cheese I hope this makes sense ;D

Then butter the insides of a sesame-seeded hamburger bun and grilled
each until they are toasty. Flip those over so the outsides get
'grilled' too, whilst a layer of swiss cheese melts on the just-browned
insides of the bun Once the outsides of the buns are somewhat
toasted, remove them to a separate plate for reserve. At this point,
put the ham/salami/swiss cheese bundle back into the small skillet to
heat and help melt the cheese again.

After some moments, the ham/swish/etc contents get removed and placed
onto the top inside of the hamburger bun - and top that with the bottom
portion of the bun. Put the entire sandwich back in the skillet for a
few more moments to get heated through - flip - heat through again -
then serve

Dang, but I forgot to add mustard at some point!!!! It was still good
;D Many variations of the above directions exist. Use imagination and
different ingredients of choices!

Sky

-

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sky" > wrote in message
> Dang, but what a good grilled ham & swiss cheese-plus sandwich did I just
> have for dinner tonight Bought the deli ham today, very thinly sliced,
> along with the store-brand swiss cheese in block form.
>
> Used the cheese slicer to slice the swiss cheese into some thin slices. In
> a small skillet, individual slices of deli ham were grilled so they'd get
> nice & browned - about six or seven very thin slices. After browning each
> slice of ham, small bits of swiss cheese were in between on one side. One
> large (thin) slice of ham was on the bottom. Add some slices of cooked
> hard salami, too, if desired. Then fold the bottom slice of ham back over
> itself with the rest of the bundle of cooked ham/salami & cheese I
> hope this makes sense ;D
>
> Then butter the insides of a sesame-seeded hamburger bun and grilled each
> until they are toasty. Flip those over so the outsides get 'grilled' too,
> whilst a layer of swiss cheese melts on the just-browned insides of the
> bun Once the outsides of the buns are somewhat toasted, remove them to
> a separate plate for reserve. At this point, put the ham/salami/swiss
> cheese bundle back into the small skillet to heat and help melt the cheese
> again.
>
> After some moments, the ham/swish/etc contents get removed and placed onto
> the top inside of the hamburger bun - and top that with the bottom portion
> of the bun. Put the entire sandwich back in the skillet for a few more
> moments to get heated through - flip - heat through again - then serve
>
> Dang, but I forgot to add mustard at some point!!!! It was still good ;D
> Many variations of the above directions exist. Use imagination and
> different ingredients of choices!

Sounds complicated, but sounds very yummy! I didn't have dinner tonight. I
had nothing ready so just ate a couple of slices of cheese. No wonder I
have IBS. No time to eat right.