Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Video: Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich

sf wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
> > You would spread than on the bread instead of butter. You get a nicer looking sandwich because you're spreading on an even coating of egg and oil. It also tastes better - no, it tastes awesome!

> Depends on what you're used to (aka: like). Personally, I think a
> grilled sandwich make with mayo instead of butter has an odd flavor.

OK... I've never heard of that but I'm thinking, "Hmmm..."
I should probably trust your opinion but then dsi1 has the opposite.
I planned to make 2 more today anyway and this time with tomato soup.
I'll do one with butter and try one with mayo.

Another cheese sandwich I like is "wrinkled cheese"
That's just what we called it.

Toast 2 slices of white bread (in a toaster)
No butter, just add a layer of extra sharp cheddar cheese
on top of each slice...
then put them under the broiler until they brown and start to blacken