Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:48:04 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" > wrote:

>Todd > wrote:
>: On 10/21/2013 06:54 AM, W. Baker wrote:
>: > You look at carb overeaters and say that is evil so
>: > any carbs are evil.
>
>: Hi Wendy,
>
>: "Any"? Not exactly sure where you got that impression.
>: A few won't hurt anyone. Never said "any" that I
>: can recall.
>
>: >
>: > Wendy
>: >
>: > Moderation in all things except laughter-Thanks, Alan S
>
>: 1+
>
>You sound as if you even begrudge yourself those 15(including fiber) grams
>per meal you allow just in order to get some low carb fibrous vegetables
>into your diet. When you speak of Evil , etc. It is a bit of overkill
>and it is very accusatory when you talk of peole on this newsgroup as
>making concessions with carbs adn taking meds as bad practice and
>simplying signs of weakness of character. It sould liek you are saying"
>Be real men and quit eating all those half apples or handfuls of cherries
>or dairy product with all those carb . Real me diabetic are strong
>enough to resist that evil temtation." This comes off a very judgemental.
>I know you have not said those words, but that is what you comments imply.
>ike saying that testing by Jennifer's method is fine for those who are not
>eqaul to , or able to do without the carbs. Not your exact words, but
>definitely the feelin you are giving with your words.
>
>There are many routes to excellent control, yours being ONE, but not all
>of them so , please stop implying that with one or two exceptions we are
>all wimps adn weaklings for eating more carbs than you and/or for needing
>medicine to control our diabetes, which many of us have beendoing for many
>yers by now. We do what works for us and you do what works for you.
>
>Wendy

+1
Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
when he was preaching to me about carbs. He would say one thing and
then when called on it deny he said it even. Like saying the ADA
recommended 375 g carbs a day. He said, then said he didn't say it.
This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.
I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.
Karen