Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

Todd > wrote:
: On 10/20/2013 09:06 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: > Thanks for the complimant, but i still disagree.

: And yet you remain a Lady while doing it. This means others
: are far more likely to consider your words.

: > IT is easy to say, well
: > i follow the "natural" un hybredized paleo diet and look at all the things
: > that we don't eat. Many of those foods are sill eten in many parts of the
: > worlk.

: I was finding that "amusing". I obviously could not eat like
: a real Paleolithic man if I wanted to. I was making conversation.

: > Liver is often prepared in delicious ays like chopped liver and
: > has been adopted by many non-Jews as a nice sandwich or first course.

: My Mom use to make liver. I though she trying to kill me, literally.
: That was the single most obnoxious meat I have ever come across -- worse
: than venison.

: That being said, looking at non-human predators around me, they have
: a tendency to go straight for the liver. So, there is something to
: that. Must taste better raw.

: Anyway, a lot of toxins are stored in the liver, so it would be
: essential to get an organically raised liver. And they are impossible
: to find around these parts. If any ever come available, I will be
: asking your cooking instructions. If you like it (prepared your way),
: I am sure I will like it.

: > How about liverwurst? Pate de Fois gras(nasty as the mehod of production
: > is), and then there is sreak and kidny pie, still, I gather eaten in Great
: > Britain. In old cook books there are all those tripe adn lung stew
: > recipies very common in the 19th century. Lung were commonly eaten until
: > they were outlawed in the US, for I believe , TB concerns. Every have
: > Osso bucco? They give you a special small spoon to eat the marrow.

: I was actually talking about the United States. But, extremely
: interesting observation! Thank you. I remember the "wursts" in
: Germany. A little mustard, bread, and an instant sandwich to die for.

: >
: > In non-European parts of the world I can't address this, but I am sue we
: > wold find much of this still eaten in indigenous ways. Dates have
: > beenaround since very early times I fact , some believe that "the land
: > flowing with milk and honey" talked about in the Bible meant the wild date
: > honey and the milk of the wild goats.

: Fascinating.

: >
: > In any event, I don't really see how trying to follow that Paleo diet for
: > Historical benefits

: Who is following it for historical benefit? I am following it
: because there is strong evidence that after we got too clever
: and figured out how to hybridize plants for abnormal high
: level of carbs, that we 1) lost our height, 2) lost our teeth,
: 3) lost years off our life span. And that is also where we
: started with T2. We violated the design parameters of our bodies
: by eating way to much carb.

: Here is a rather long winded medical paper on the subject:

: Increased consumption of refined carbohydrates and the
: epidemic of type 2 diabetes in the United States:

: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/5/774.long

: You will note from the paper that Carbs cause a lot of other
: problems too, such as inflammation (heart disease).

: If you don't like that article, go to pubmed.gov and
: enter "carbohydrate diabetes epidemic" into the search field.
: It will light up like a Christmas tree.

: > seems to be the answer for everyone. It may work
: > well for you, but not for all diabetics or all humans today.

: I am just giving my experience. I have done tons of research,
: which I am sharing with others. I fully expect others to
: check out what I say and make up their own minds.
: I am not telling anyone what to do.

: And as for the general public, considering the inflammation
: caused by excessive carbs, and the epidemic of T2, yes, it
: would probably be a real advantage to others to cuts back too.
: (type "carbohydrate inflammation" into pubmed's search
: engine and you will be in for a real treat.)

: I really hate seeing people get hurt. I especially hate
: seeing folks continue to get hurt because the don't want
: to give up what injured them in the first place. ("I am
: on the kidney transplant list".) And that does not apply
: to all T2's who occasionally eat a few carbs, which never
: hurt anyone.

: And, I fully expect to hear back that carbs have nothing
: to do with T2. To those, please do some research.

: -T

Just remember that there is a difference between eating and overeating any
food. Too many carbs is bad for diabetics, but eating a lmited
(determined for eacyh by testing wth Jennifer's method, is not bad for
diabetics and makes for happier eating and living in a world with others
for most diabetics. You look at carb overeaters and say that is evil so
any carbs are evil.

Wendy

Moderation in all things except laughter-Thanks, Alan S