Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 10/21/2013 06:50 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> like to make sure I : shoot for 20 grams or more a day. Artichokes
> are
> : great for fiber. Plus you get to play with your food.
>
> So if you eat 60 grams of carb a day, of which 20 are fiber, you are
> only
> having 40 grams fo the "evil" stuff that raises blood glucose, or
> approximately that . I learned form susan that fiber actually only
> has
> about 2 calories per gram unlike the rest of the carbs which have 4-5
> calories a gram because so much is indigestible.

Hi Wendy,

Depending on what I am eating, I try to get a minimum
of 20 grams of fiber. A lot of the time I get a lot more.

And, if I eat 60 grams of carbs a day and 20 grams of
fiber, I am still eating 60 grams of carbs.

I do not do the subtraction thing. The carbs are still
absorbed. Just at a somewhat slower rate -- time released.
You can really get yourself into some trouble. Like
carbs that keep getting into your system, even when you
haven't eaten for a while. The gift that keeps on giving.
I have heard others call it the Pizza Effect.

I don't think Susan is speaking to me.

-T

I don't like doing the subtraction thing either. When I was insulin
resistant an ounce of a high fibre starch would raise me the same way
and in the same timeframe as an ounce of the same thing processed.