Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

Todd > wrote:
: >>> Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
: >>> The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
: >>> one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).
: >>>
: >>>
: >>> -T
: >>
: >> Eight grams of what bad stuff?
: >>
: >
: >
: > He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is
: > complete nonsense.
: >
: > Cheri

: Hi Cheri,

: "Complete nonsense"?!?!? Why now KIDS THESE DAYS!
: You meant the "Good Kind" of nonsense, no?

: Living with Diabetes:
: Fat: good
: Protein: good
: carbs: bad (also know as the "bad stuff")

Rather oversiplified.
: If you want to cheat the system and eat the bad stuff, you
: need the specialized tests that Wendy knows about
: or you will get yourself in a lot of trouble. Wendy
: can fill in the details if you are curious.

What in the world are you talking about "special tests" Like bg finger
sticks and every 3-6 months A1c? I know of no other "special tets"

: Me, I will eat like my body was designed and like
: my ancestors did for 99% of our history (before Beer).
: I will not push the envelope and re-damage myself.
: (Wendy's method sounds like it is pretty safe.)

30 years of this disease without any of the complications ? Otherwise I
don' know what "system" you are talking about.

: Actually, with my 15 carb per meal and 60 per day limit,
: Artichokes are awesome. And they are a nutritionally
: a huge plus. GROK ON!

By the way, I have never boiled an artichoke. I steam them over water in
a covered pot with a bit of vinegar in the water. I then eat them either
plain or dipped in an oiland vinegar dressing with some herbs , garoc, etc
in the dressing.

: -T

Wendy