Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low carb diet

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> >
> wrote:
>

>> > There it is:"I don't care". Of course you don't, because if you did,
>> > you'd
>> > get answers you don't want
>> >

>> What is that supposed to mean? I have no way of knowing how it got on
>> the
>> floor. I don't have a security cam. I have better things to do than to
>> worry about how two pieces of food got on the floor yesterday.

> Your context when mentioning you found it on the floor strongly implied
> that DD
> put it there. As to not knowing how it got there, why not ask your
> kittens...oh
> wait, maybe you could ask DD, but as I said, you really don't want to know
> that
> she did it, do you?

There is nobody named DD in this house. Sure I could ask. And she could
lie. So no point in that.

>> > And what are you going to do when food magically appears on the floor
>> > after
>> > you've implemented your new lidded trash can? "Oh the cats must have
>> > figured out how to get the lid open"

>> Well no because of the design of it. They can't open it *and* get in it.
>> So
>> if I see food on the floor after that I'll know Angela did it. Or if my
>> husband is home maybe he did it.

> So, instead of actually asking DD if she did it, you went out and spent
> money,
> which you have previously mentioned is a concern for you, on a possibly
> unnecessary item?

No. It was necessary. I ordered it several days ago from Walmart.com.
Cost me 97 cents to have it delievered. I have been looking for a slim
trash can because my kitchen is so small and the one we have is old, too big
for the room and disgustingly stained. So I really did need a new one.
Plus the kitten had been getting into it. I've seen her. I wanted
something with a lid.

>> > Of course not, because she has you to do it for her. You are some
>> > mother,
>> > preparing your child for the world when she's on her own.

>> It is not necessary to touch raw meat to cook. It really isn't.

> Which in no way is the same thing as having DD take *SOME* responsibility
> for
> both her disease/illness and diet

Again... There is no DD here.

>> > In that case, there's no problem so why did you post yet another insane
>> > thread?

>> Insane? I don't think so.

> The "so" seems totally redundant

Whatever.

>> > 1) because it's her problem, not yours

>> You must not have children. To expect a 13 year old to be responsible
>> for
>> her medial stuff is what's insane.

> I'm not talking about her medical stuff, I'm talking about the stuff she
> puts in
> her mouth, which hopefully is food

She knows how to read food labels.

>> She has a friend who is a type 1 diabetic. She sneaks food all the time.
>> It's what kids do. If kids of that age didn't need their parents then
>> they
>> would commonly be emancipated. And they're not.

> They would be commonly emancipated if they could prove they are
> responsible.
> Since you seem unlike to provide an environment that encourages DD to be
> responsible, she will enter legal adulthood totally unprepared to take
> care of
> herself.

Oh go take a hike!

>> > 2) because some day you will die and she will have to take care of
>> > herself

>> And hopefully she will be old enough to take care of herself when I do
>> die.

> She's old enough to take care of herself now, it's just that you don't
> want her
> to take care of herself.
>
>> My parents left me home alone when I was 13. Not for the day but
>> like...for
>> a week. I did things I wasn't supposed to do. That's what kids do!

> Oh, so at age 13 you were able to feed and clothe yourself, but DD isn't?

She has issues and I am not going to get into them with you since all you
can do is take cheap pot shots at me.

>> > 3) because 13 is way old enough for her to take charge of her body and
>> > herself.

>> What country do you live in where this is the law?

> What has the law got to do with taking responsibility for her body and
> herself?
>
>> > You actually seem quite proud that she is indifferent to her issues.
>> > Way to
>> > go mom.

>> I never said she was indifferent. But what I will say is that you are an
>> asshole. Yep. ASSHOLE!

> I'd be insulted, but in my experience, such lame insults from defective
> mothers
> means nothing except that you are angry with yourself

Whatever. I sense another one going into my KF.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> I know how to look up recipes. I know what she will and won't eat. And I
> know breaded food isn't low carb.

what a gracious word of thanks
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> > Could you have gotten the proportions between the chicken, olive
> > oil, and lemon juice wrong? Is she able to give you more details
> > about what she doesn't like about your version so you can try
> > another variation?

> I doubt it. I think the mere fact that I made it had something to do with
> it.

Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
> restaurants

What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
You'll both be happier.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> There is nobody named DD in this house.

DD is daughter dearest

> Sure I could ask. And she could lie. So no point in that.

No point? I see that you've set it up perfectly for your daughter to control
you, just like your mom does

> > So, instead of actually asking DD if she did it, you went out and spent
> > money, which you have previously mentioned is a concern for you, on a
> > possibly unnecessary item?

> No. It was necessary. I ordered it several days ago from Walmart.com. Cost
> me 97 cents to have it delievered. I have been looking for a slim trash can
> because my kitchen is so small and the one we have is old, too big for the
> room and disgustingly stained. So I really did need a new one. Plus the
> kitten had been getting into it. I've seen her. I wanted something with a
> lid.

Nice deflection

> Again... There is no DD here.

Sure there is and even someone as dense as you knows who I am writing about

> >> Insane? I don't think so.

> > The "so" seems totally redundant

> Whatever.

I see you are pretty good at channeling your inner 13 year old

> >> You must not have children. To expect a 13 year old to be responsible for
> >> her medial stuff is what's insane.

> > I'm not talking about her medical stuff, I'm talking about the stuff she
> > puts in her mouth, which hopefully is food

> She knows how to read food labels.

and she knows how to make you take care of her dietary needs. Once again, the
food she eats is her problem not yours

> >> She has a friend who is a type 1 diabetic. She sneaks food all the time.
> >> It's what kids do. If kids of that age didn't need their parents then
> >> they would commonly be emancipated. And they're not.

> > They would be commonly emancipated if they could prove they are
> > responsible. Since you seem unlike to provide an environment that
> > encourages DD to be responsible, she will enter legal adulthood totally
> > unprepared to take care of herself.

> Oh go take a hike!

I'm so wounded

> >> My parents left me home alone when I was 13. Not for the day but
> >> like...for a week. I did things I wasn't supposed to do. That's what
> >> kids do!

> > Oh, so at age 13 you were able to feed and clothe yourself, but DD isn't?

> She has issues and I am not going to get into them with you since all you can
> do is take cheap pot shots at me.

So you do know who DD is. The only issue she has is that you refuse to treat her
like anything other than a baby.

> >> I never said she was indifferent. But what I will say is that you are an
> >> asshole. Yep. ASSHOLE!

> > I'd be insulted, but in my experience, such lame insults from defective
> > mothers means nothing except that you are angry with yourself

> Whatever. I sense another one going into my KF.

Wickedly funny. I thought I was already there. But run away, you seem to be
extraordinarily good at doing that

--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla adipiscing suscipit, velit urna

[...]

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> She is my daughter. She is not DD. I do not refer to anyone in that manner
> and I hope they don't refer to me like that either. I think it's disgusting.
> I used to work with some people that were some sort of fundamentalist
> religion and they referred to everyone as "dear". That's what it reminds me
> of.

So you do know who DD is
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Cheri" > wrote:

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
>
> > Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
> > restaurants

> What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
> feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
> because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
> You'll both be happier.
>
> Cheri

If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable laughing at
them
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> > Could you have gotten the proportions between the chicken, olive
>> > oil, and lemon juice wrong? Is she able to give you more details
>> > about what she doesn't like about your version so you can try
>> > another variation?

>> I doubt it. I think the mere fact that I made it had something to do
>> with
>> it.

> Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
> restaurants

I am not going to have her cook her own food! I don't mind cooking. In
fact I like it. I did take over most of the cooking at home when I was 12.
That was the point in time where my mom sent me and a friend for cooking
lessons. It was a birthday present. That didn't last long though. I put
my foot down. The woman simply wouldn't listen to us and kept insisting
that we cook things our families wouldn't eat. Like BBQed beef and buns
from scratch. My mom doesn't eat bread or buns and nobody likes BBQ.

Every week she would ask us what we wanted to make the following week. We
would tell her and then arrive only to find that she had something entirely
different for us to cook.

Anyway... She does know how to cook. She doesn't like to do it. Life is
too short to waste time doing things you don't want to do. She does like
the prep work. I do not. So I have her prep and I do the cooking.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
>
>> Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
>> restaurants

> What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
> feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
> because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
> You'll both be happier.

Yeah.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
>> > restaurants

>> What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
>> feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
>> because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
>> You'll both be happier.
>>
>> Cheri

> If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable laughing
> at
> them

Julie posts a lot more than moans, however...I've not seen anything of worth
from you and bullying doesn't count. I have now changed your posting color
to yellow. Bye now.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> There is nobody named DD in this house.

> DD is daughter dearest
>
>> Sure I could ask. And she could lie. So no point in that.

> No point? I see that you've set it up perfectly for your daughter to
> control
> you, just like your mom does

WTF? Why do you say my mom controls me? She doesn't live with me. She can
tell me whatever she wants. That doesn't mean I will do it. In case you
haven't noticed, I can be very stubborn and I pretty much do what I want
unless there is a law against it. Not that I am really into breaking laws
but you just never know.

>> > So, instead of actually asking DD if she did it, you went out and spent
>> > money, which you have previously mentioned is a concern for you, on a
>> > possibly unnecessary item?

>> No. It was necessary. I ordered it several days ago from Walmart.com.
>> Cost
>> me 97 cents to have it delievered. I have been looking for a slim trash
>> can
>> because my kitchen is so small and the one we have is old, too big for
>> the
>> room and disgustingly stained. So I really did need a new one. Plus the
>> kitten had been getting into it. I've seen her. I wanted something with
>> lid.

> Nice deflection

What?

>> Again... There is no DD here.

> Sure there is and even someone as dense as you knows who I am writing
> about

As I said in my other post, I do not refer to anyone as "dear". I never
have and I never will. That just doesn't fit with my personality.

>> > The "so" seems totally redundant

>> Whatever.

> I see you are pretty good at channeling your inner 13 year old

>> > I'm not talking about her medical stuff, I'm talking about the stuff
>> > she
>> > puts in her mouth, which hopefully is food

>> She knows how to read food labels.

> and she knows how to make you take care of her dietary needs. Once again,
> the
> food she eats is her problem not yours

*I* should be responsible for her diet. I am the parent! I was most likely
not your typical 13 year old. I am a big vegetable pusher and I always have
been. Always! Vegetables are my favorite foods. So the way I ate at 13
was not the way my friends ate at 13 nor is it the way most kids eat today
according to Angela and from what I have seen at the dance studio. They
like things like pizza, chicken nuggets, burgers, fries (lots of fries),
chips, candy, cookies, cupcakes, donuts, mac and cheese. Very rarely
salads. Now I don't know about the boys and what they eat. There are not
too many boys at the dance studio on the nights we have been there. Yes
there are all boy classes. But... When the girls start to begin to
discover boys, they may change their diets. But maybe not for the better.
They may do something like eat just a carrot. Or just a piece of meat with
the mistaken notion that it will slim them down. I do not see very many
teens who eat a balanced diet.

I did study nutition at that age. I have always been really into food. I
made my own trail mix. I entered recipe contests. That was my thing.

Angela knows the basics of nutrition. They teach it in school. But I do
think it's a bit much to expect her to know what to do when told to eat a
low carb diet. Especially when the "low carb" part wasn't spelled out by
the Dr. I will ask him more specifically what he means when we go in there.
By then we will have probably eaten most all of the high carb stuff we have
in the house.

>> > They would be commonly emancipated if they could prove they are
>> > responsible. Since you seem unlike to provide an environment that
>> > encourages DD to be responsible, she will enter legal adulthood totally
>> > unprepared to take care of herself.

>> Oh go take a hike!

> I'm so wounded

Yeah.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> She is my daughter. She is not DD. I do not refer to anyone in that
>> manner
>> and I hope they don't refer to me like that either. I think it's
>> disgusting.
>> I used to work with some people that were some sort of fundamentalist
>> religion and they referred to everyone as "dear". That's what it reminds
>> me
>> of.

> So you do know who DD is

No I do not. I have a daughter. Her name is Angela. She is not a "dear".
Nobody in my family is a dear. I would never refer to people as such and I
hope they don't do it to me. I think it's rather demeaning and insulting.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
>> > restaurants

>> What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
>> feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
>> because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
>> You'll both be happier.
>>
>> Cheri

> If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable laughing
> at
> them

And I'm sure everyone will remember that you said that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Cheri" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message

> >> What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
> >> feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
> >> because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
> >> You'll both be happier.
> >>
> >> Cheri

> > If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable laughing
> > at
> > them

> And I'm sure everyone will remember that you said that.

Just as long as everyone remembers what an ungrateful person and horrible mother
you are, that's fine with me
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Cheri" > wrote:

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Cheri" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message

> >> What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
> >> feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
> >> because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
> >> You'll both be happier.
> >>
> >> Cheri

> > If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable laughing
> > at
> > them

> Julie posts a lot more than moans, however...I've not seen anything of worth
> from you and bullying doesn't count. I have now changed your posting color
> to yellow. Bye now.
>

> Cheri

No loss to me, but do read my original reply to this thread and you will see
that I posted plenty of ideas to help her, which she promptly cut and ignored.
She is an ungrateful, angry woman and even this post from you acknowledges the
fact that she quite often posts moans...and for no other reason than to gather
sympathy for her poor situation in life

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Julie Bove"
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> She is my daughter. She is not DD. I do not refer to anyone in that
> >> manner
> >> and I hope they don't refer to me like that either. I think it's
> >> disgusting.
> >> I used to work with some people that were some sort of fundamentalist
> >> religion and they referred to everyone as "dear". That's what it reminds
> >> me
> >> of.

> > So you do know who DD is

> No I do not. I have a daughter. Her name is Angela. She is not a "dear".
> Nobody in my family is a dear. I would never refer to people as such and I
> hope they don't do it to me. I think it's rather demeaning and insulting.

And of course your grasp on reality is so solid
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> > No point? I see that you've set it up perfectly for your daughter to
> > control you, just like your mom does

> WTF? Why do you say my mom controls me? She doesn't live with me. She can
> tell me whatever she wants. That doesn't mean I will do it. In case you
> haven't noticed, I can be very stubborn and I pretty much do what I want
> unless there is a law against it. Not that I am really into breaking laws
> but you just never know.

You are unable to make your mother understand your dietary constraints and you
are unable to make your daughter take control of her dietary constraints

> > Nice deflection

Rather than address the issue, you spend money on it...and you are so proud that
you spent money to have Walmart ship their product to their store for you to
pick up.

> > and she knows how to make you take care of her dietary needs. Once again,
> > the food she eats is her problem not yours

> *I* should be responsible for her diet.

No. You should be responsible for seeing that she understands the need to
control her diet

> I am the parent!

And she is the one with the problem, isn't she?

I was most likely
> not your typical 13 year old. I am a big vegetable pusher and I always have
> been. Always! Vegetables are my favorite foods. So the way I ate at 13 was
> not the way my friends ate at 13 nor is it the way most kids eat today
> according to Angela and from what I have seen at the dance studio. They like
> things like pizza, chicken nuggets, burgers, fries (lots of fries), chips,
> candy, cookies, cupcakes, donuts, mac and cheese. Very rarely salads. Now I
> don't know about the boys and what they eat. There are not too many boys at
> the dance studio on the nights we have been there. Yes there are all boy
> classes. But... When the girls start to begin to discover boys, they may
> change their diets. But maybe not for the better. They may do something like
> eat just a carrot. Or just a piece of meat with the mistaken notion that it
> will slim them down. I do not see very many teens who eat a balanced diet.

So to recap, you were able to take control of your diet/nutritional needs, but
your daughter isn't. And just to point out the obvious, unless your daughter is
a zombie, she already knows about boys and probably more than you did at that
age.

> I did study nutition at that age. I have always been really into food. I
> made my own trail mix. I entered recipe contests. That was my thing.
> Angela knows the basics of nutrition. They teach it in school. But I do
> think it's a bit much to expect her to know what to do when told to eat a low
> carb diet. Especially when the "low carb" part wasn't spelled out by the Dr.
> I will ask him more specifically what he means when we go in there. By then
> we will have probably eaten most all of the high carb stuff we have in the
> house.

Wait a minute. At 13 without the web you studied nutrition, but your daughter is
unable to research her nutrition/medical needs?

Maybe her search engines are broken, but just exactly how hard is it to research
low-carb diet...I assume she actually knows how to dl iTunes

[...]

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message

> >> I doubt it. I think the mere fact that I made it had something to do
> >> with
> >> it.

> > Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
> > restaurants

> I am not going to have her cook her own food!

Exactly. Because it is in your best interests to treat her like she is
handicapped

> I don't mind cooking. In fact I like it.

But strangely enough SHE doesn't like YOUR cooking

I did take over most of the cooking at home when I was 12.
> That was the point in time where my mom sent me and a friend for cooking
> lessons. It was a birthday present. That didn't last long though. I put
> my foot down. The woman simply wouldn't listen to us and kept insisting
> that we cook things our families wouldn't eat. Like BBQed beef and buns
> from scratch. My mom doesn't eat bread or buns and nobody likes BBQ.
>
> Every week she would ask us what we wanted to make the following week. We
> would tell her and then arrive only to find that she had something entirely
> different for us to cook.
>
> Anyway... She does know how to cook. She doesn't like to do it. Life is
> too short to waste time doing things you don't want to do. She does like
> the prep work. I do not. So I have her prep and I do the cooking.

You may have noticed that adults, especially those with some sort of illness or
disease often have to do things they don't want to do.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Cheri"
> > wrote:
>
>> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in
>> message

>> > If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable
>> > laughing
>> > at
>> > them

>> Julie posts a lot more than moans, however...I've not seen anything
>> of worth
>> from you and bullying doesn't count. I have now changed your posting
>> color
>> to yellow. Bye now.
>>

>> Cheri

> No loss to me, but do read my original reply to this thread and you
> will see
> that I posted plenty of ideas to help her, which she promptly cut and
> ignored.

Which you knew in advance so you set the scene to enable you to act luck
a ****wit when she acted predictably. You've always known what the
results of communicating with Julie will be. So don't make yourself out
to this wonderful guy who was helping her out. That act is what is known
as trolling, which you already know.

> She is an ungrateful, angry woman and even this post from you
> acknowledges the
> fact that she quite often posts moans...and for no other reason than
> to gather
> sympathy for her poor situation in life

And you bait her so you can continually abuse her. Get a life.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

unfortunately this really is her life, so you will simply have to decide
which is more important, you not touching meat, or her living to adulthood,
i hate to be harsh, but coming from a family where my parents not only had
to do things to my eyes medically that aftwards, my father would throw his
guts up, they paid for over a hundred k of surgical procedures, starting in
1959 on their own, so i could see for a while, i am sure grateful they were
both able to do what needed doing, if they haden't the doctors would have
had no option but to cut out my eys because the pain wouldn't have been
bearable, Julie you are a smart woman, and you love your child, now go do
what needs doing, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> I won't use the broiler. Too messy. I also don't think I could make
>>> kebabs. I won't touch raw meat.
>>>
>>> Too bad the chicken kebabs they sell have either wheat or peanut in
>>> them.

>> Well, the unfortunate thing now is that Angela really needs to have
>> certain things to get healthy so you might have to bite the bullet. Use
>> the disposables gloves. When Jazz was an infant she got asthma after
>> bronchiolitis. I had a major mask problem ever since I had a rubber mask
>> pumping ether into me when I had tonsils out at 3. For 2 days nurses held
>> her while she was on the nebuliser. After that they forced me to do it.
>> As they said, my child's life could depend on this and I was the only one
>> home with her most of the time. Yes they were brutal but it was
>> necessary. My kids' life and health had to come before my phobia. I think
>> you might have to overcome some of your problems like with fresh meat, to
>> help Angela. No one else is going to do it.

> There is no way I will handle raw meat even with gloves on. And no way I
> will use the broiler. There is no way of knowing if she would even like
> the kebabs. Chances are she wouldn't. She just doesn't like meat when I
> cook it. I found part of tonight's dinner on the kitchen floor. I guess
> she thought I wouldn't see it there? A piece of meat and a potato with
> one bite taken out of them. She said she liked the potatoes. Apparently
> not. I didn't like them one bit. Most likely because of the garlic.
> Luckily it was a small dinner but apparently too much meat for me.
>
> My stomach has really been bothering me lately and the foods I seem to
> digest the best are white bread, white rice, and mashed potatoes. I hate
> eating these things around her but... I guess I have no choice.
> Especially since we are down to one toilet now.
>
> I am hoping the guy will show up tomorrow like he said he would to finish
> my driveway and then I can ask him if he could put in a new toilet. After
> we get that paid off I will take her to Smart Eats. They sell gluten free
> stuff and low carb stuff. In most cases you get one or the other. And I
> think most of the low carb stuff will be out for her because it contains
> nuts or soy. But we might find something she can eat.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> unfortunately this really is her life, so you will simply have to decide
> which is more important, you not touching meat, or her living to
> adulthood, i hate to be harsh, but coming from a family where my parents
> not only had to do things to my eyes medically that aftwards, my father
> would throw his guts up, they paid for over a hundred k of surgical
> procedures, starting in 1959 on their own, so i could see for a while, i
> am sure grateful they were both able to do what needed doing, if they
> haden't the doctors would have had no option but to cut out my eys because
> the pain wouldn't have been

That sounds terrible Storrmmee, thankfully you had such caring parents.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

you bring tears to my eyes, in fac you just made me cry, not an often
occurence, you once again reminded me of what my parents did for me, and
never not once did they ever let me know that anything was different, it is
just what families do for each other, my mom shopped yard sales for the
things we needed, had a huge garden, bought material so my aunt/grandmothers
could make things for us, my mom decorated by saving money from picking up
walnuts in the fall... my parents worked very hard, my father worked
overtime and went without things, we never had a new car, well they bout one
the year i was born, then no other car until 68 because they simply couldn't
afford the payments... we weren't poor my father was a steelworker, but my
medical bills cost me two siblings they opted to not have because the bills
were too great, and had they told the doctor they couldn't have applied the
medication and done the massages, like i said, they would have cut out my
eyes to try and save my sanity, julie, you are all that stands between
angela and a life of misery, please do what needs doing, Lee, rambling and
hoping points to both of you are understood,
"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> It seems to me it's her behavior that has to change. Why is this all
>>> about what she likes? This is a requirement for her health. She's just
>>> got to do it.

>> Well maybe *you* can eat food that you don't like. I can't and she can't
>> either. I would seriously rather starve than to eat something I don't
>> like. In fact if something I don't like goes in my mouth it just won't go
>> down. I start retching and gagging and it comes right back out. She is
>> the same way. So I have to try to come up with things she will like to
>> eat.
>>>
>>> I doubt very much she'll starve herself to death rather than eat food
>>> that she doesn't prefer.

>> I would! I do not like torturing myself.

> Julie, I am not sure you are understanding the severity of Angela's health
> problems. 1. having the problems she has at 13 is so rare, this could be
> the beginning of a lifetime of shocking things for her - health-wise. 2.
> She is not you and she, if she is made to realise the severity of her
> condition, may very well choose different foods rather than starve. You
> can't speak for her. 3. What if she ends up needing insulin to survive but
> hates needles? Do you let her die because you don't want to force her to
> do what is necessary to live? 4. Do you really want to see her on a
> dangerous drug at age 13? 2,000 mg Metformin could do terrible things to
> her. I would be avoiding that like the plague at her age. Her health
> problems aren't going to go away unless you actively help her make some
> serious dietary changes, whether she likes them or not. She is well and
> truly old enough to realise the consequences.
>
> Young kids all over the world have to go on special diets and medical
> treatments to stay alive, its just a fact of life and these kids have to
> deal with it, whether they are 2 or 13. I can see your point about not
> wanting to force things she doesn't like but its not a choice thing
> anymore, its really serious life threatening stuff. I personally would be
> getting an appt with a kids' hospital endo. Jasmine's open heart surgery
> and 6 weeks in intensive care cost close to $200,000. I paid nothing, I
> couldn't have paid $200 but if I was told without paying she wouldn't have
> the op then I would do everything in my power to get that money even if I
> had to sell myself on street corners, no joke. I would actually do
> something so abhorrent to raise that money. Please don't give in to her on
> this Julie. As a mother, this is very hard for me to watch.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

How awful for you Lee, and your parents, to have to watch. Watching a
kid suffer is the absolute worst thing. Well death is the ultimate but
you know what I mean.

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> unfortunately this really is her life, so you will simply have to
> decide which is more important, you not touching meat, or her living
> to adulthood, i hate to be harsh, but coming from a family where my
> parents not only had to do things to my eyes medically that aftwards,
> my father would throw his guts up, they paid for over a hundred k of
> surgical procedures, starting in 1959 on their own, so i could see for
> a while, i am sure grateful they were both able to do what needed
> doing, if they haden't the doctors would have had no option but to cut
> out my eys because the pain wouldn't have been bearable, Julie you
> are a smart woman, and you love your child, now go do what needs
> doing, Lee
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Well, the unfortunate thing now is that Angela really needs to have
>>> certain things to get healthy so you might have to bite the bullet.
>>> Use the disposables gloves. When Jazz was an infant she got asthma
>>> after bronchiolitis. I had a major mask problem ever since I had a
>>> rubber mask pumping ether into me when I had tonsils out at 3. For 2
>>> days nurses held her while she was on the nebuliser. After that they
>>> forced me to do it. As they said, my child's life could depend on
>>> this and I was the only one home with her most of the time. Yes they
>>> were brutal but it was necessary. My kids' life and health had to
>>> come before my phobia. I think you might have to overcome some of
>>> your problems like with fresh meat, to help Angela. No one else is
>>> going to do it.

>> There is no way I will handle raw meat even with gloves on. And no
>> way I will use the broiler. There is no way of knowing if she would
>> even like the kebabs. Chances are she wouldn't. She just doesn't
>> like meat when I cook it. I found part of tonight's dinner on the
>> kitchen floor. I guess she thought I wouldn't see it there? A piece
>> of meat and a potato with one bite taken out of them. She said she
>> liked the potatoes. Apparently not. I didn't like them one bit.
>> Most likely because of the garlic. Luckily it was a small dinner but
>> apparently too much meat for me.
>>
>> My stomach has really been bothering me lately and the foods I seem
>> to digest the best are white bread, white rice, and mashed potatoes.
>> I hate eating these things around her but... I guess I have no
>> choice. Especially since we are down to one toilet now.
>>
>> I am hoping the guy will show up tomorrow like he said he would to
>> finish my driveway and then I can ask him if he could put in a new
>> toilet. After we get that paid off I will take her to Smart Eats.
>> They sell gluten free stuff and low carb stuff. In most cases you
>> get one or the other. And I think most of the low carb stuff will be
>> out for her because it contains nuts or soy. But we might find
>> something she can eat.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

spaghettie squash is a wonderful food, my favorite way to eat it is for
dessert, cook, then mix in butter, splenda and a touch of nutmeg, eat warm
or cold, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> : "KROM" > wrote in message
>> : > Hormel and a few others make pre cooked meats like roasts and chicken
>> : > breasts that aren't breaded
>> : >
>> : >
>> http://www.hormelfoods.com/brands/ho...edEntrees.aspx
>>
>> : But the only ones that don't contain her allergens are the Roast Beef
>> Au
>> : Jus, the same but Italian seasoned (yuck) and the Pork Au Jus. She
>> does
>> : like the first and last ones but she likes them with pasta. She will
>> only
>> : eat a tiny bit of the meat and mostly the pasta.
>>
>> Can yu tel her that she can't have more than a tiny portion of pasta ,
>> but
>> could try string beans(fresh or canned) or spaghetti squash in place of
>> the pasta. let her know that there really are no cjoices out side this
>> ,
>> unless she will eatthe meat plain, with aoem vegetable , etc. She did
>> learn not to eat foods she is allergic. Now she has some now things she
>> has to learn she cannot't eat in large enough portions that she fills her
>> enough, so she has to keep trying too find what she can like and is able
>> to keep her from getting sick.

> Spaghetti squash is just nasty. Nobody in the house will eat it. She
> will eat canned green beans but only one serving.
>>
>> Can you find a couse at a Y or some such place that could help you learn
>> new ways of cooking fresh foods? It might be good for both of you. You
>> do not have to cook like your Mother. You are young enough to learn new
>> techniques. It is not a matter of recipes, but methods of cooking like
>> broiling, etc. You can easily not get everything greasy by broiling if
>> you take a shlalow metal or enamel over metal pan without a handle, cover
>> it with aluminum foile and put a grate on the pan and then use that to
>> broil the chicken or meat. With chicken, you firt start with it sking
>> side down, and only when close to done, but not all dried out, turn it
>> over and brown the skin side. You can put herbs, lemon juice, salt and
>> pepper, etc on the chicken before you broil it.

> I just do not like to use the broiler at all ever. It makes the house too
> hot. I also will not cook any chicken with skin nor will Angela eat
> chicken with skin on it.
>
> There is no Y around here. There are a couple that I know of. Not close
> by. I don't think they offer any cooking classes. I did go to cooking
> school. I do know how to cook.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I wish more would do it so i wouldn't have to see his abuse, i don't agree
with juilie on things but these things are julies life and talking them out
will at least give her other perspectives, and maybe that will help, Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
>> In article >, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message

>>> What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what
>>> she
>>> feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
>>> because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
>>> You'll both be happier.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable
>> laughing at
>> them

> Julie posts a lot more than moans, however...I've not seen anything of
> worth from you and bullying doesn't count. I have now changed your posting
> color to yellow. Bye now.
>

> Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

this is another area we disagree on julie,

because the dh must do things that require sight, and right now with our
living situation, he has picked up a lot more of our paid work, so even
though i hate, hate, HATE to cook i have picked it up and am doing it so he
doesn't have to do everything, I am saying this because i feel as though if
she had to cook it then there would be less stress and she would realise
just what effort goes into it so she might be more accepting of what you do
put in front of her... and honestly it is just that simple, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message

>>> I doubt it. I think the mere fact that I made it had something to do
>>> with
>>> it.

>> Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
>> restaurants

> I am not going to have her cook her own food! I don't mind cooking. In
> fact I like it. I did take over most of the cooking at home when I was
> 12. That was the point in time where my mom sent me and a friend for
> cooking lessons. It was a birthday present. That didn't last long
> though. I put my foot down. The woman simply wouldn't listen to us and
> kept insisting that we cook things our families wouldn't eat. Like BBQed
> beef and buns from scratch. My mom doesn't eat bread or buns and nobody
> likes BBQ.
>
> Every week she would ask us what we wanted to make the following week. We
> would tell her and then arrive only to find that she had something
> entirely different for us to cook.
>
> Anyway... She does know how to cook. She doesn't like to do it. Life is
> too short to waste time doing things you don't want to do. She does like
> the prep work. I do not. So I have her prep and I do the cooking.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

another place we disagree, from the time i was five, we would go to the
specialist, then after my parents understood what the next experiment would
be, mom would say, now explain it to her... the first doc was great at this,
when he took a partener as he aged, he balked, my mom called th older one
in, said, if she doesn't understand it in her way then it won't get done or
we will find a doctor who will be able to explain itt, that day, i was
seven, dr. isreal explained it to me, next visit, new doc was just fine at
explaining, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
>> In article >, "Julie Bove"
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> So... The quandry. Angela is supposed to follow a low carb diet. But
>>> I can
>>> not because I don't digest most protein, fats or fiber very well.
>>>
>>> And she doesn't like low carb foods. Because of her allergies she can
>>> not
>>> have wheat, peas, lentils, peanuts or almonds. She can have dairy only
>>> twice
>>> a week and eggs once a week.

>> Goat milk will solve that. Duck eggs might solve the egg problem
>>

>> Because of her thyroid problem she can't
>>> have soy except in limited amounts. Like soy sauce once in a while, soy
>>> lecithin (mainly in vitamins and supplements) and soybean oil (mainly in
>>> restaurants).
>>>
>>> For the most part she doesn't like meat. She will eat chicken if it is
>>> mixed
>>> into rice or potatoes or if it is plain. No sauces of any kind. She
>>> will
>>> eat Ian's chicken nuggets on occasion but with something like 42g of
>>> carb,
>>> they are not low carb. Ditto for the Ian's fish sticks or the Starfish
>>> breaded gluten free fish.

>> You could bread with potato flakes or use any of the following gluten
>> free
>> grains http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/reci...des/grains.php
>>

>>> Actually I think the fish has even more
>>> carbs but not a lot. Maybe 44. She will eat tuna casserole but that
>>> contains rice pasta so that's not low carb.

>> plenty of gluten free grains/pasta
>>

>>> Once in a great while I can get

>> her to eat tuna salad.
>>>
>>> She doesn't really like any other kind of meat or fish. She does like
>>> some
>>> lamb kebabs from Central Market but at $4.00 per kebab they are not
>>> something
>>> I can afford to get often. But then she gets a psychological thing
>>> going
>>> about the cute little baby lambs and sometimes when I do buy them she
>>> can't
>>> bring herself to eat them.

>> her problem, but more for you
>>

>>> She will eat turkey in a wrap (not lot carb) or with mashed potatoes.
>>> Once
>>> in awhile she will grab a few slices of turkey or bologna and just eat
>>> that.
>>> Once in a while she will eat pepperoni, salami or bacon.

>> all such wonderful non-junk foods?
>>

>>> She will eat my meatloaf. I do plan to make a lot of those for the
>>> freezer
>>> when the weather cools off. I hate to use the oven for long periods of
>>> time
>>> now. I do put oats in there but not a lot and a bit of flax instead of
> [...]
>>> does know they are in there but doesn't seem to mind.

>> Let meatloaf be your savior, but how do you make meatloaf without
>> touching raw
>> meat?
>>

>>> So how do you get someone on a low carb diet who doesn't like low carb?

>> Just a suggestion, and I know how prickly you get when you actually get
>> help,
>> but I'd write a gut-wrenching letter to Rachel Ray and Dr Oz (In fact
>> todays
>> episode showed an extremely low-carb, gluten free, low fat, low calorie
>> pizza
>> that used cauliflower for the base...yes, this is where you tell us your
>> tale
>> of woe about her and veggies) and see if they think you would make a good
>> show
>> or even a good reality series. I'd also write to every food show on the
>> food
>> channel and see if anyone would take pity on you.
>>
>> And then there are the clinical trials that you might qualify for, but of
>> course haven't looked for.
>>

>>> She has already made a few changes. When we go out for Mexican food she
>>> has
>>> part of an appetizer such as nachos or bean dip and chips with a salad
>>> topped
>>> with a piece of chicken.

>> all low-carb?
>>

>>> Gah! What to do! What to do?

>> You could of course actually involve your daughter in the solution
>> instead of
>> treating her like a baby. The fact that you tolerate her throwing food on
>> the
>> floor shows your inability to treat her like an adult. You could have her
>> cook
>> those raw meats you won't touch...but that would require you getting
>> involved
>> with her instead of her problem.

> Where did I say that she threw food on the floor? I didn't. I said I
> found it on the floor. How it got there I do not know. I really don't
> care. Could be one of our cats did it. The kitten does like to get into
> the trash. I did get a lidded trash can today. So if it is the cats
> doing it, that problem will be solves unless they figure out how to open
> the lid. Which they may well do because they are very smart.
>
> As for touching raw meat... Do you really think she would do it? Nope.
> She has no interest whatever in cooking. And that's fine. As long as she
> knows how to get food that works for me. She can do stuff in the
> microwave. My dad will soon turn 80 and my mom is 78. They rarely ever
> cook. Not everyone enjoys that sort of thing. I do. I just don't like
> messing with dead things.
>>
>> It might be interesting to find out what she has done in regards to
>> searching
>> for answers to her problems...she is searching for answers, isn't she?

> Why would she be searching for answers? She's 13!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

way to go julie, something we agree on, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> [...]

> they would commonly be emancipated. And they're not.
>>
>> 2) because some day you will die and she will have to take care of
>> herself

> And hopefully she will be old enough to take care of herself when I do
> die.
>
> My parents left me home alone when I was 13. Not for the day but
> like...for a week. I did things I wasn't supposed to do. That's what
> kids do!
>>
>> 3) because 13 is way old enough for her to take charge of her body and
>> herself.

> What country do you live in where this is the law?
>
>> You actually seem quite proud that she is indifferent to her issues. Way
>> to go
>> mom.

> I never said she was indifferent. But what I will say is that you are an

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> unfortunately this really is her life, so you will simply have to decide
> which is more important, you not touching meat, or her living to
> adulthood, i hate to be harsh, but coming from a family where my parents
> not only had to do things to my eyes medically that aftwards, my father
> would throw his guts up, they paid for over a hundred k of surgical
> procedures, starting in 1959 on their own, so i could see for a while, i
> am sure grateful they were both able to do what needed doing, if they
> haden't the doctors would have had no option but to cut out my eys because
> the pain wouldn't have been bearable, Julie you are a smart woman, and
> you love your child, now go do what needs doing, Lee

As I said before... There are plenty of ways to cook meat without touching
it. No harm will come to her if she doesn't eat meat on a stick. She won't
touch it either. And the way I look at things, if you won't do something
yourself, then don't expect others to do it. Now can't is another matter.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

a friend once told me there are only two kinds of parents of kids with
special needs, pushers, and smotherers, and blessedly, my parents gritted
their teeth and pushed... i guess that is part of why i have always beleived
in a higher power, some kids might have needed different, but i got what i
needed, i have confidence i can survive anything, Lee
"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> How awful for you Lee, and your parents, to have to watch. Watching a kid
> suffer is the absolute worst thing. Well death is the ultimate but you
> know what I mean.
>
> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> unfortunately this really is her life, so you will simply have to decide
>> which is more important, you not touching meat, or her living to
>> adulthood, i hate to be harsh, but coming from a family where my parents
>> not only had to do things to my eyes medically that aftwards, my father
>> would throw his guts up, they paid for over a hundred k of surgical
>> procedures, starting in 1959 on their own, so i could see for a while, i
>> am sure grateful they were both able to do what needed doing, if they
>> haden't the doctors would have had no option but to cut out my eys
>> because the pain wouldn't have been bearable, Julie you are a smart
>> woman, and you love your child, now go do what needs doing, Lee

>>> There is no way I will handle raw meat even with gloves on. And no way
>>> I will use the broiler. There is no way of knowing if she would even
>>> like the kebabs. Chances are she wouldn't. She just doesn't like meat
>>> when I cook it. I found part of tonight's dinner on the kitchen floor.
>>> I guess she thought I wouldn't see it there? A piece of meat and a
>>> potato with one bite taken out of them. She said she liked the
>>> potatoes. Apparently not. I didn't like them one bit. Most likely
>>> because of the garlic. Luckily it was a small dinner but apparently too
>>> much meat for me.
>>>
>>> My stomach has really been bothering me lately and the foods I seem to
>>> digest the best are white bread, white rice, and mashed potatoes. I hate
>>> eating these things around her but... I guess I have no choice.
>>> Especially since we are down to one toilet now.
>>>
>>> I am hoping the guy will show up tomorrow like he said he would to
>>> finish my driveway and then I can ask him if he could put in a new
>>> toilet. After we get that paid off I will take her to Smart Eats. They
>>> sell gluten free stuff and low carb stuff. In most cases you get one or
>>> the other. And I think most of the low carb stuff will be out for her
>>> because it contains nuts or soy. But we might find something she can
>>> eat.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> spaghettie squash is a wonderful food, my favorite way to eat it is for
> dessert, cook, then mix in butter, splenda and a touch of nutmeg, eat warm
> or cold, Lee

Uck. I feel about that like you feel about black eyed peas. Or is it lima
beans?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> this is another area we disagree on julie,
>
> because the dh must do things that require sight, and right now with our
> living situation, he has picked up a lot more of our paid work, so even
> though i hate, hate, HATE to cook i have picked it up and am doing it so
> he doesn't have to do everything, I am saying this because i feel as
> though if she had to cook it then there would be less stress and she would
> realise just what effort goes into it so she might be more accepting of
> what you do put in front of her... and honestly it is just that simple,
> Lee

I don't see how that would make anything simpler. Bottom line, when school
starts she will have no time to cook. I will have to have the meal ready
for her to eat when she gets home. She will eat, have a short amount of
time and then go to the dance studio. That's assuming her back is healed
and the Dr. gives her the go ahead.

My job when I was a kid was to make the salad for dinner. We had salad
every night. I freaking HATE making salad and in no way shape or form did
making me do that make anything simpler for anyone. It just caused a lot of
fights between my mom and I.

When I was on my own I did some cooking but not a lot. There are plenty of
inexpensive foods one can eat that don't require cooking.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol, black eyed peas, and if you feel that way, nevermind, bletch to the
beps...lol, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> spaghettie squash is a wonderful food, my favorite way to eat it is for
>> dessert, cook, then mix in butter, splenda and a touch of nutmeg, eat
>> warm or cold, Lee

> Uck. I feel about that like you feel about black eyed peas. Or is it
> lima beans?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
<snip>

> My job when I was a kid was to make the salad for dinner. We had
> salad every night. I freaking HATE making salad and in no way shape
> or form did making me do that make anything simpler for anyone. It
> just caused a lot of fights between my mom and I.

Ha! I, too, was given the job of making the salad dressing and salad as a
kid. And although I love to cook, and do lots of it--and love salad-- making
salad is my LEAST favorite cooking activity. In fact, I often buy boxes
of baby romaine or mesclun instead of head lettuce because not having to
wash lettuce makes it more likely that I will force myself to make salad at
night.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Janet" > wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > My job when I was a kid was to make the salad for dinner. We had
> > salad every night. I freaking HATE making salad and in no way shape
> > or form did making me do that make anything simpler for anyone. It
> > just caused a lot of fights between my mom and I.

> Ha! I, too, was given the job of making the salad dressing and salad as a
> kid. And although I love to cook, and do lots of it--and love salad-- making
> salad is my LEAST favorite cooking activity. In fact, I often buy boxes
> of baby romaine or mesclun instead of head lettuce because not having to
> wash lettuce makes it more likely that I will force myself to make salad at
> night.

I have a Rubbermaid lettuce bowl with a little grid at the bottom. I
find that if I prep my lettuce when I get it home, I'm much more likely
to eat salad on a regular basis. I clean out the kitchen sink, fill it
with cold water, and soak the lettuce, tearing off any bits that I'm not
going to eat. If I notice a lot of sand or dirt on the lettuce, I drain
the sink and refill it. I then spin the lettuce (I have a large salad
spinner), and put it in the Rubbermaid bowl. It keeps for quite a while.
A large bunch of loose-leaf lettuce costs anywhere from $1.49-$2.99,
depending on store and season. And, at least from May-November or so,
the lettuce is local (and not trucked in from California)

When I do this, the basis for my salads is opening the fridge and taking
out the bowl of lettuce.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Janet" > wrote:
>
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> > My job when I was a kid was to make the salad for dinner. We had
>> > salad every night. I freaking HATE making salad and in no way shape
>> > or form did making me do that make anything simpler for anyone. It
>> > just caused a lot of fights between my mom and I.

>> Ha! I, too, was given the job of making the salad dressing and salad as a
>> kid. And although I love to cook, and do lots of it--and love salad--
>> making
>> salad is my LEAST favorite cooking activity. In fact, I often buy
>> boxes
>> of baby romaine or mesclun instead of head lettuce because not having to
>> wash lettuce makes it more likely that I will force myself to make salad
>> at
>> night.

> I have a Rubbermaid lettuce bowl with a little grid at the bottom. I
> find that if I prep my lettuce when I get it home, I'm much more likely
> to eat salad on a regular basis. I clean out the kitchen sink, fill it
> with cold water, and soak the lettuce, tearing off any bits that I'm not
> going to eat. If I notice a lot of sand or dirt on the lettuce, I drain
> the sink and refill it. I then spin the lettuce (I have a large salad
> spinner), and put it in the Rubbermaid bowl. It keeps for quite a while.
> A large bunch of loose-leaf lettuce costs anywhere from $1.49-$2.99,
> depending on store and season. And, at least from May-November or so,
> the lettuce is local (and not trucked in from California)
>
> When I do this, the basis for my salads is opening the fridge and taking
> out the bowl of lettuce.

I just take my chances and buy bagged salad now.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> > I think kids who don't learn how to cook, clean and otherwise care for
> > themselves by 13 end up leaving their parents' houses ill prepared for
> > independent life and responsibilities of self care.

> Angela knows how to cook and do laundry. Neither of us much likes doing
> laundry. But she really hates cooking so I don't have her do it. Why
> should I? I like to cook.

but she doesn't like what you cook. Are you following the dots?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> > No loss to me, but do read my original reply to this thread and you will
> > see that I posted plenty of ideas to help her, which she promptly cut and
> > ignored.

> Which you knew in advance so you set the scene to enable you to act luck a
> ****wit when she acted predictably. You've always known what the results of
> communicating with Julie will be. So don't make yourself out to this
> wonderful guy who was helping her out.

I in fact offered her several valid suggestions and asked several questions.
She ignored the suggestions and proceeded to rant, so I took the opportunity to
guilt free tweak a handicapped person...this being one of the few places in
America where you can treat the handicapped as they deserve and ask for without
having someone sue you for forcing reality into the discussion.

That act is what is known
> as trolling, which you already know.

Trolls don't help. I offered sound advice. If there is a troll it's Julie, it
just amazes me that so many of you treat her like she cares

> > She is an ungrateful, angry woman and even this post from you acknowledges
> > the fact that she quite often posts moans...and for no other reason than to
> > gather sympathy for her poor situation in life

> And you bait her so you can continually abuse her. Get a life.

I have a life and I have a hobby. Julie has a hobby and no life so she makes
herself miserable for our entertainment
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> > I think kids who don't learn how to cook, clean and otherwise care for
>> > themselves by 13 end up leaving their parents' houses ill prepared for
>> > independent life and responsibilities of self care.

>> Angela knows how to cook and do laundry. Neither of us much likes doing
>> laundry. But she really hates cooking so I don't have her do it. Why
>> should I? I like to cook.

> but she doesn't like what you cook. Are you following the dots?

She likes a lot of what I cook. Just not chicken.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>

>> > No loss to me, but do read my original reply to this thread and you
>> > will
>> > see that I posted plenty of ideas to help her, which she promptly cut
>> > and
>> > ignored.

>> Which you knew in advance so you set the scene to enable you to act luck
>> ****wit when she acted predictably. You've always known what the results
>> of
>> communicating with Julie will be. So don't make yourself out to this
>> wonderful guy who was helping her out.

> I in fact offered her several valid suggestions and asked several
> questions.
> She ignored the suggestions and proceeded to rant, so I took the
> opportunity to
> guilt free tweak a handicapped person...this being one of the few places
> in
> America where you can treat the handicapped as they deserve and ask for
> without
> having someone sue you for forcing reality into the discussion.

The only ranting here I see is by you. And for you to say what you just did
is dispicable. It won't be forgotten.

Nobody deserved to be handicapped for starters. So why in the hell would
you say that just because a person is handicapped they deserve to be treated
a certain way? Jeez.

> That act is what is known
>> as trolling, which you already know.

> Trolls don't help. I offered sound advice. If there is a troll it's Julie,
> it
> just amazes me that so many of you treat her like she cares
>

>> > She is an ungrateful, angry woman and even this post from you
>> > acknowledges
>> > the fact that she quite often posts moans...and for no other reason
>> > than to
>> > gather sympathy for her poor situation in life

>> And you bait her so you can continually abuse her. Get a life.

> I have a life and I have a hobby. Julie has a hobby and no life so she
> makes
> herself miserable for our entertainment

And my hobby is? I have tons of hobbies. I generally don't post about them
here but I suppose once in a while I may have. I have a life too.