Old 19-08-2011, 01:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low carb diet

"Janet" wrote in message
I've taken to using grated zucchini sauteed in olive oil as a pasta
substitute under things like chicken breast cooked in pasta sauce. Maybe
she'd like it.

In any case, as others have said, she is going to have to start taking
some responsibility for her own nutrition, and to try to overcome this
excessive finickiness. Allergies are one thing, but she seems to have an
awful lot of extreme food phobias.

Nope. She haters zucchini. I will put a little in when I make a vegetable
soup. If I put too much everyone starts complaining. Nobody really likes
it here. We don't like any kind of squash. She doesn't really like pasta
sauce on her chicken either. She just likes plain chicken breast.

There is an Italian place in Lynnwood that makes chicken that she loves. It
is a cutlet, unbreaded. The menu says it is marinated. I asked them what
they marinate it in and they said olive oil and lemon juice. Seems simple
enough but when I tried to make it she didn't like it. I did try it at the
restaurant and I didn't like it at all. But then I don't like chicken.

Old 19-08-2011, 04:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Where did I say that she threw food on the floor? I didn't. I said I found
it on the floor. How it got there I do not know. I really don't care.

There it is:"I don't care". Of course you don't, because if you did, you'd get
answers you don't want

Could be one of our cats did it. The kitten does like to get into the
trash. I did get a lidded trash can today. So if it is the cats doing it,
that problem will be solves unless they figure out how to open the lid.
Which they may well do because they are very smart.

And what are you going to do when food magically appears on the floor after
you've implemented your new lidded trash can? "Oh the cats must have figured out
how to get the lid open"

As for touching raw meat... Do you really think she would do it? Nope.

Of course not, because she has you to do it for her. You are some mother,
preparing your child for the world when she's on her own.

She has no interest whatever in cooking. And that's fine. As long as she
knows how to get food that works for me.

In that case, there's no problem so why did you post yet another insane thread?

She can do stuff in the microwave.
My dad will soon turn 80 and my mom is 78. They rarely ever cook. Not
everyone enjoys that sort of thing. I do. I just don't like messing with
dead things.

It might be interesting to find out what she has done in regards to
searching
for answers to her problems...she is searching for answers, isn't she?

Why would she be searching for answers? She's 13!

1) because it's her problem, not yours

2) because some day you will die and she will have to take care of herself

3) because 13 is way old enough for her to take charge of her body and herself.
You actually seem quite proud that she is indifferent to her issues. Way to go
mom.
Old 19-08-2011, 04:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

There is an Italian place in Lynnwood that makes chicken that she loves. It
is a cutlet, unbreaded. The menu says it is marinated. I asked them what
they marinate it in and they said olive oil and lemon juice. Seems simple
enough but when I tried to make it she didn't like it.

of course not. this way she has trained you to take to eat at restaurants
Old 19-08-2011, 05:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
In article , "Julie Bove"

wrote:

Where did I say that she threw food on the floor? I didn't. I said I
found
it on the floor. How it got there I do not know. I really don't care.

There it is:"I don't care". Of course you don't, because if you did, you'd
get
answers you don't want

What is that supposed to mean? I have no way of knowing how it got on the
floor. I don't have a security cam. I have better things to do than to
worry about how two pieces of food got on the floor yesterday.

Could be one of our cats did it. The kitten does like to get into the
trash. I did get a lidded trash can today. So if it is the cats doing
it,
that problem will be solves unless they figure out how to open the lid.
Which they may well do because they are very smart.

And what are you going to do when food magically appears on the floor
after
you've implemented your new lidded trash can? "Oh the cats must have
figured out
how to get the lid open"

Well no because of the design of it. They can't open it *and* get in it.
So if I see food on the floor after that I'll know Angela did it. Or if my
husband is home maybe he did it.

As for touching raw meat... Do you really think she would do it? Nope.

Of course not, because she has you to do it for her. You are some mother,
preparing your child for the world when she's on her own.

It is not necessary to touch raw meat to cook. It really isn't.

She has no interest whatever in cooking. And that's fine. As long as
she
knows how to get food that works for me.

In that case, there's no problem so why did you post yet another insane
thread?

Insane? I don't think so.

She can do stuff in the microwave.
My dad will soon turn 80 and my mom is 78. They rarely ever cook. Not
everyone enjoys that sort of thing. I do. I just don't like messing
with
dead things.

It might be interesting to find out what she has done in regards to
searching
for answers to her problems...she is searching for answers, isn't she?

Why would she be searching for answers? She's 13!

1) because it's her problem, not yours

You must not have children. To expect a 13 year old to be responsible for
her medial stuff is what's insane.

She has a friend who is a type 1 diabetic. She sneaks food all the time.
It's what kids do. If kids of that age didn't need their parents then they
would commonly be emancipated. And they're not.

2) because some day you will die and she will have to take care of herself

And hopefully she will be old enough to take care of herself when I do die.

My parents left me home alone when I was 13. Not for the day but like...for
a week. I did things I wasn't supposed to do. That's what kids do!

3) because 13 is way old enough for her to take charge of her body and
herself.

What country do you live in where this is the law?

You actually seem quite proud that she is indifferent to her issues. Way
to go
mom.

I never said she was indifferent. But what I will say is that you are an
asshole. Yep. ASSHOLE!

Old 19-08-2011, 05:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

There is an Italian place in Lynnwood that makes chicken that she loves.
It
is a cutlet, unbreaded. The menu says it is marinated. I asked them
what
they marinate it in and they said olive oil and lemon juice. Seems
simple
enough but when I tried to make it she didn't like it.

of course not. this way she has trained you to take to eat at restaurants

I don't take her to eat there. We haven't been there in years. They don't
really have anything I will eat.

Old 19-08-2011, 04:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/18/2011 7:14 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message

[snip]
There is an Italian place in Lynnwood that makes chicken that she loves. It
is a cutlet, unbreaded. The menu says it is marinated. I asked them what
they marinate it in and they said olive oil and lemon juice. Seems simple
enough but when I tried to make it she didn't like it. I did try it at the
restaurant and I didn't like it at all. But then I don't like chicken.

Could you have gotten the proportions between the chicken, olive
oil, and lemon juice wrong? Is she able to give you more details
about what she doesn't like about your version so you can try
another variation?

Old 19-08-2011, 08:22 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

There is an Italian place in Lynnwood that makes chicken that she loves.
It is a cutlet, unbreaded. The menu says it is marinated. I asked them
what they marinate it in and they said olive oil and lemon juice. Seems
simple enough but when I tried to make it she didn't like it.

of course not. this way she has trained you to take to eat at restaurants

I don't take her to eat there. We haven't been there in years. They don't
really have anything I will eat.

but they have stuff that DD will eat and it was important enough for you to
mention
Old 19-08-2011, 08:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

There it is:"I don't care". Of course you don't, because if you did, you'd
get answers you don't want

What is that supposed to mean? I have no way of knowing how it got on the
floor. I don't have a security cam. I have better things to do than to
worry about how two pieces of food got on the floor yesterday.

Your context when mentioning you found it on the floor strongly implied that DD
put it there. As to not knowing how it got there, why not ask your kittens...oh
wait, maybe you could ask DD, but as I said, you really don't want to know that
she did it, do you?

And what are you going to do when food magically appears on the floor after
you've implemented your new lidded trash can? "Oh the cats must have
figured out how to get the lid open"

Well no because of the design of it. They can't open it *and* get in it. So
if I see food on the floor after that I'll know Angela did it. Or if my
husband is home maybe he did it.

So, instead of actually asking DD if she did it, you went out and spent money,
which you have previously mentioned is a concern for you, on a possibly
unnecessary item?

As for touching raw meat... Do you really think she would do it? Nope.

Of course not, because she has you to do it for her. You are some mother,
preparing your child for the world when she's on her own.

It is not necessary to touch raw meat to cook. It really isn't.

Which in no way is the same thing as having DD take *SOME* responsibility for
both her disease/illness and diet

She has no interest whatever in cooking. And that's fine. As long as she
knows how to get food that works for me.

In that case, there's no problem so why did you post yet another insane
thread?

Insane? I don't think so.

The "so" seems totally redundant

Why would she be searching for answers? She's 13!

1) because it's her problem, not yours

You must not have children. To expect a 13 year old to be responsible for
her medial stuff is what's insane.

I'm not talking about her medical stuff, I'm talking about the stuff she puts in
her mouth, which hopefully is food

She has a friend who is a type 1 diabetic. She sneaks food all the time.
It's what kids do. If kids of that age didn't need their parents then they
would commonly be emancipated. And they're not.

They would be commonly emancipated if they could prove they are responsible.
Since you seem unlike to provide an environment that encourages DD to be
responsible, she will enter legal adulthood totally unprepared to take care of
herself.

2) because some day you will die and she will have to take care of herself

And hopefully she will be old enough to take care of herself when I do die.

She's old enough to take care of herself now, it's just that you don't want her
to take care of herself.

My parents left me home alone when I was 13. Not for the day but like...for
a week. I did things I wasn't supposed to do. That's what kids do!

Oh, so at age 13 you were able to feed and clothe yourself, but DD isn't?

3) because 13 is way old enough for her to take charge of her body and
herself.

What country do you live in where this is the law?

What has the law got to do with taking responsibility for her body and herself?

You actually seem quite proud that she is indifferent to her issues. Way to
go mom.

I never said she was indifferent. But what I will say is that you are an
asshole. Yep. ASSHOLE!

I'd be insulted, but in my experience, such lame insults from defective mothers
means nothing except that you are angry with yourself

--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla adipiscing suscipit, velit urna
Old 19-08-2011, 09:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" wrote in message
.com...
On 8/18/2011 7:14 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message

[snip]
There is an Italian place in Lynnwood that makes chicken that she loves.
It
is a cutlet, unbreaded. The menu says it is marinated. I asked them
what
they marinate it in and they said olive oil and lemon juice. Seems
simple
enough but when I tried to make it she didn't like it. I did try it at
the
restaurant and I didn't like it at all. But then I don't like chicken.

Could you have gotten the proportions between the chicken, olive
oil, and lemon juice wrong? Is she able to give you more details
about what she doesn't like about your version so you can try
another variation?

I doubt it. I think the mere fact that I made it had something to do with
it.

Old 19-08-2011, 09:59 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

There is an Italian place in Lynnwood that makes chicken that she
loves.
It is a cutlet, unbreaded. The menu says it is marinated. I asked
them
what they marinate it in and they said olive oil and lemon juice.
Seems
simple enough but when I tried to make it she didn't like it.

of course not. this way she has trained you to take to eat at
restaurants

I don't take her to eat there. We haven't been there in years. They
don't
really have anything I will eat.

but they have stuff that DD will eat and it was important enough for you
mention

She is my daughter. She is not DD. I do not refer to anyone in that manner
and I hope they don't refer to me like that either. I think it's
disgusting. I used to work with some people that were some sort of
fundamentalist religion and they referred to everyone as "dear". That's
what it reminds me of.

Old 19-08-2011, 10:09 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

There it is:"I don't care". Of course you don't, because if you did,
you'd
get answers you don't want

What is that supposed to mean? I have no way of knowing how it got on
the
floor. I don't have a security cam. I have better things to do than to
worry about how two pieces of food got on the floor yesterday.

Your context when mentioning you found it on the floor strongly implied
that DD
put it there. As to not knowing how it got there, why not ask your
kittens...oh
wait, maybe you could ask DD, but as I said, you really don't want to know
that
she did it, do you?

There is nobody named DD in this house. Sure I could ask. And she could
lie. So no point in that.

And what are you going to do when food magically appears on the floor
after
you've implemented your new lidded trash can? "Oh the cats must have
figured out how to get the lid open"

Well no because of the design of it. They can't open it *and* get in it.
So
if I see food on the floor after that I'll know Angela did it. Or if my
husband is home maybe he did it.

So, instead of actually asking DD if she did it, you went out and spent
money,
which you have previously mentioned is a concern for you, on a possibly
unnecessary item?

No. It was necessary. I ordered it several days ago from Walmart.com.
Cost me 97 cents to have it delievered. I have been looking for a slim
trash can because my kitchen is so small and the one we have is old, too big
for the room and disgustingly stained. So I really did need a new one.
Plus the kitten had been getting into it. I've seen her. I wanted
something with a lid.

As for touching raw meat... Do you really think she would do it?
Nope.

Of course not, because she has you to do it for her. You are some
mother,
preparing your child for the world when she's on her own.

It is not necessary to touch raw meat to cook. It really isn't.

Which in no way is the same thing as having DD take *SOME* responsibility
for
both her disease/illness and diet

Again... There is no DD here.

She has no interest whatever in cooking. And that's fine. As long as
she
knows how to get food that works for me.

In that case, there's no problem so why did you post yet another insane
thread?

Insane? I don't think so.

The "so" seems totally redundant

Whatever.

Why would she be searching for answers? She's 13!

1) because it's her problem, not yours

You must not have children. To expect a 13 year old to be responsible
for
her medial stuff is what's insane.

I'm not talking about her medical stuff, I'm talking about the stuff she
puts in
her mouth, which hopefully is food

She knows how to read food labels.

She has a friend who is a type 1 diabetic. She sneaks food all the time.
It's what kids do. If kids of that age didn't need their parents then
they
would commonly be emancipated. And they're not.

They would be commonly emancipated if they could prove they are
responsible.
Since you seem unlike to provide an environment that encourages DD to be
responsible, she will enter legal adulthood totally unprepared to take
care of
herself.

Oh go take a hike!

2) because some day you will die and she will have to take care of
herself

And hopefully she will be old enough to take care of herself when I do
die.

She's old enough to take care of herself now, it's just that you don't
want her
to take care of herself.

My parents left me home alone when I was 13. Not for the day but
like...for
a week. I did things I wasn't supposed to do. That's what kids do!

Oh, so at age 13 you were able to feed and clothe yourself, but DD isn't?

She has issues and I am not going to get into them with you since all you
can do is take cheap pot shots at me.

3) because 13 is way old enough for her to take charge of her body and
herself.

What country do you live in where this is the law?

What has the law got to do with taking responsibility for her body and
herself?

You actually seem quite proud that she is indifferent to her issues.
Way to
go mom.

I never said she was indifferent. But what I will say is that you are an
asshole. Yep. ASSHOLE!

I'd be insulted, but in my experience, such lame insults from defective
mothers
means nothing except that you are angry with yourself

Whatever. I sense another one going into my KF.

Old 20-08-2011, 03:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

I know how to look up recipes. I know what she will and won't eat. And I
know breaded food isn't low carb.

what a gracious word of thanks
Old 20-08-2011, 03:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Could you have gotten the proportions between the chicken, olive
oil, and lemon juice wrong? Is she able to give you more details
about what she doesn't like about your version so you can try
another variation?

I doubt it. I think the mere fact that I made it had something to do with
it.

Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants
Old 20-08-2011, 03:31 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants

What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
You'll both be happier.

Cheri

Old 20-08-2011, 03:37 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

There is nobody named DD in this house.

DD is daughter dearest

Sure I could ask. And she could lie. So no point in that.

No point? I see that you've set it up perfectly for your daughter to control
you, just like your mom does

So, instead of actually asking DD if she did it, you went out and spent
money, which you have previously mentioned is a concern for you, on a
possibly unnecessary item?

No. It was necessary. I ordered it several days ago from Walmart.com. Cost
me 97 cents to have it delievered. I have been looking for a slim trash can
because my kitchen is so small and the one we have is old, too big for the
room and disgustingly stained. So I really did need a new one. Plus the
kitten had been getting into it. I've seen her. I wanted something with a
lid.

Nice deflection

Again... There is no DD here.

Sure there is and even someone as dense as you knows who I am writing about

Insane? I don't think so.

The "so" seems totally redundant

Whatever.

I see you are pretty good at channeling your inner 13 year old

You must not have children. To expect a 13 year old to be responsible for
her medial stuff is what's insane.

I'm not talking about her medical stuff, I'm talking about the stuff she
puts in her mouth, which hopefully is food

She knows how to read food labels.

and she knows how to make you take care of her dietary needs. Once again, the
food she eats is her problem not yours

She has a friend who is a type 1 diabetic. She sneaks food all the time.
It's what kids do. If kids of that age didn't need their parents then
they would commonly be emancipated. And they're not.

They would be commonly emancipated if they could prove they are
responsible. Since you seem unlike to provide an environment that
encourages DD to be responsible, she will enter legal adulthood totally
unprepared to take care of herself.

Oh go take a hike!

I'm so wounded

My parents left me home alone when I was 13. Not for the day but
like...for a week. I did things I wasn't supposed to do. That's what
kids do!

Oh, so at age 13 you were able to feed and clothe yourself, but DD isn't?

She has issues and I am not going to get into them with you since all you can
do is take cheap pot shots at me.

So you do know who DD is. The only issue she has is that you refuse to treat her
like anything other than a baby.

I never said she was indifferent. But what I will say is that you are an
asshole. Yep. ASSHOLE!

I'd be insulted, but in my experience, such lame insults from defective
mothers means nothing except that you are angry with yourself

Whatever. I sense another one going into my KF.

Wickedly funny. I thought I was already there. But run away, you seem to be
extraordinarily good at doing that