Old 17-08-2011, 05:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low carb diet

So... The quandry. Angela is supposed to follow a low carb diet. But I
can not because I don't digest most protein, fats or fiber very well.

And she doesn't like low carb foods. Because of her allergies she can not
have wheat, peas, lentils, peanuts or almonds. She can have dairy only
twice a week and eggs once a week. Because of her thyroid problem she can't
have soy except in limited amounts. Like soy sauce once in a while, soy
lecithin (mainly in vitamins and supplements) and soybean oil (mainly in
restaurants).

For the most part she doesn't like meat. She will eat chicken if it is
mixed into rice or potatoes or if it is plain. No sauces of any kind. She
will eat Ian's chicken nuggets on occasion but with something like 42g of
carb, they are not low carb. Ditto for the Ian's fish sticks or the
Starfish breaded gluten free fish. Actually I think the fish has even more
carbs but not a lot. Maybe 44. She will eat tuna casserole but that
contains rice pasta so that's not low carb. Once in a great while I can get
her to eat tuna salad.

She doesn't really like any other kind of meat or fish. She does like some
lamb kebabs from Central Market but at $4.00 per kebab they are not
something I can afford to get often. But then she gets a psychological
thing going about the cute little baby lambs and sometimes when I do buy
them she can't bring herself to eat them.

She will eat turkey in a wrap (not lot carb) or with mashed potatoes. Once
in awhile she will grab a few slices of turkey or bologna and just eat that.
Once in a while she will eat pepperoni, salami or bacon.

The only way I can get her to eat beef is to mix it with something else.
And then she only gets a few bites by default because they are sticking to
her other food. Like rice, pasta or potatoes. All high carb things of
course.

She found a ham she liked the looks of the other day but it was HUGE! I
don't eat ham and her dad isn't home. I tried to talk her into a ham steak
or a package of lunch meat type ham but then she said she didn't even like
ham (I know she doesn't like it) but that the big ham just looked good. She
will eat ham if mixed into eggs but that's about it.

She will eat my meatloaf. I do plan to make a lot of those for the freezer
when the weather cools off. I hate to use the oven for long periods of time
now. I do put oats in there but not a lot and a bit of flax instead of
eggs. Also a lot of veggies that she wouldn't normally eat. I puree them.
She does know they are in there but doesn't seem to mind.

So protein is a problem. She does eat hummus and sometimes dried beans.
But no nuts or seeds of any kind. If I could find an alternate nut butter
that was safe, she would try it. But all of the ones we find say they may
contain traces of what she is allergic to. There is a sunseed butter that
is safe but she doesn't like it.

Vegetables are another matter. She will eat raw carrots, raw celery,
cucumbers and sometimes raw peppers and radishes. She will eat salad but
only if it is Romaine or Iceberg Lettuce with or without cabbage (she can't
eat much cabbage because of her thyroid) and maybe carrots. She will eat
canned green beans and wax beans.

When I make meals I almost always include onion, celery and sometimes bell
pepper. If I chop them finely enough she seems not to notice them. But
those meals were pretty high in carbs.

What to do? What to do?

Because our finances are strained at the moment I have to make do with what
we have and/or can get for cheap. I just had to spend over $700 on the
kitchen plumbing and now our toilet is broken. I already know that I need a
new one. I spent $250 on it last year at about this time to get a new
flapper. Yes, really! People pointed out to me that I could get a new
toilet for that. And certainly not by that plumber. I'm sure he would have
charged me at least double that. But I had a contractor put one in my
husband's bathroom in the Spring and I think it was around $250. I am just
waiting for him to call me back because with Angela just starting on
Metformin and my propensity for the big D I would prefer that we had two
toilets! Anyway...

I am going to have to serve up the foods that I have with us perhaps just
eating less of them and adding more raw veggies to the meal. Or more canned
green beans. I do have things that I bought that are lower in carbs like a
mix of potatoes and green beans. They come frozen. I don't know if I can
get her to eat the beans in the mix. She is good to try things but if she
doesn't like something she won't eat it. And up until now the only beans
she will eat are the canned. I do make roasted potatoes with a ton of added
onion chunks but she just eats around the onions. Gah!

So how do you get someone on a low carb diet who doesn't like low carb?

She has already made a few changes. When we go out for Mexican food she has
part of an appetizer such as nachos or bean dip and chips with a salad
topped with a piece of chicken.

At Bob's Burger and Brew she has an amended taco salad. They could not
guarantee that their chicken taco meat was safe for her in terms of
containing wheat. So they will make it for her with plain grilled chicken.
It is not sold in greasy wheat shell but with tri-colored chips around the
edge. She eats just one or two of the chips. I get the same salad but with
ground beef. And we get a small side order of Jo Jos which never gets fully
eaten even though not just the two of us eat from it but the whole table.
They also offer a raw veggie plate which we get with Italian dressing.

I did buy low carb ice cream. She liked the ice cream just okay but they
were bars with chocolate and she didn't like the chocolate at all. Plus
they contain sugar alcohols which I really didn't like her to have.

Her favorite foods are ice cream, cheese, eggs (these things must be limited
because of her allergies), rice, rice or corn pasta, corn, popcorn, potatoes
and some candies. She isn't really a big candy eater overall but she does
like Jr. Mints, hard candies, Smarties, Starburst, Nerds, so...basically the
ones that are all sugar. She has recently tried sugar free pudding and she
does like some flavors but since it contains dairy she can't have it often.
I could make it from a mix with rice milk but that would up the carb count
considerably.

I just don't know what I'm going to feed her. Especially school lunches!
Last year she ate very little for breakfast or lunch. Mostly just apples or
carrots for either one. Sometimes some kind of bar but she is limited due
to her allergies to just a few kinds of bars. I think they run about 15 to
24g per bar depending on what kind they are. Either Odwalla or granola
bars.

She doesn't want to take a thermos to school and I don't blame her! She has
to haul so much stuff in her backpack, I can't help but wonder if it wasn't
to blame for her back injury.

I will look at Costco next time we are there and see if we can get some
lightweight containers to pack salad in that are disposable. She did have
some salad containers but they were large and although not overly heavy she
didn't like hauling them back and forth. Failing that I will just go to a
store with a salad bar and buy some of their containers. So she could take
a salad sometimes and some meat and raw veg other times but I think that
would be tiring day after day.

The only good thing here is that her dance schedule for this year will be
such that she can eat her dinner before she leaves. So that is one meal I
won't have to worry about. Assuming I can come up with things to fix.

Gah! What to do! What to do?

Old 17-08-2011, 06:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I think that now she is 13 she is old enough to understand she has a
medical problem and it needs to be treated in a certain way. Now is the
time for her to realise that she just can't have a lot of the things she
prefers and has to bite the bullet and eat things that are better for
her but not her first choice. I have told you all often enough about my
friend's boy who has so many things he can't eat it that's its almost
down to one brand of Lemonade, rice and freshly cooked meat, can't even
have it reheated. He is now 11 and that's how it is for him. Basically
he eats what he is allowed or he starves, so he eats. To have the kinds
of health problems she is having at such a young age can mean a lifetime
of misery if she doesn't get a handle on it now. Go to a dietician and
let them figure out a workable diet for her.

Old 17-08-2011, 06:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message
I think that now she is 13 she is old enough to understand she has a
medical problem and it needs to be treated in a certain way. Now is the
time for her to realise that she just can't have a lot of the things she
prefers and has to bite the bullet and eat things that are better for her
but not her first choice. I have told you all often enough about my
friend's boy who has so many things he can't eat it that's its almost down
to one brand of Lemonade, rice and freshly cooked meat, can't even have it
reheated. He is now 11 and that's how it is for him. Basically he eats
what he is allowed or he starves, so he eats. To have the kinds of health
problems she is having at such a young age can mean a lifetime of misery if
she doesn't get a handle on it now. Go to a dietician and let them figure
out a workable diet for her.

That is going to be tough. I know I could never eat things that I didn't
like. I would sooner starve than to have to eat things I don't like.

I don't think the dietician is an option. She would have to see the one
that I saw and she knows nothing of food allergies. She told me to drink
lactose free milk. I told her lactose wasn't the problem. It was the milk
protein. She just told me I would have to figure something out.

Old 17-08-2011, 07:06 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/16/2011 11:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

the word was casein that you were looking for
the 'dietician' sounds like an idiot

i agree with Jan, it's time for ANGELA to decide what ANGELA will and
will and can and cannot eat.............. teach her how to find out, you
have spent your life in misery at the beck and call of your mother
making you sick

do you want this for Angela? or do you want her to be savvy on her own??

it's now or later............. she's young and capable of learning

but....... good luck

kate

Old 17-08-2011, 05:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
Julie, this is so difficult for both you and Angela. I don't hav etoo
much to offer, but if she likes the lamb kebobs could you make some me
made with either chicken or beef with the vegetables like peppers and
tomatoes? they are not difficult to do and might give her some nice
dinners. Does she like hamburgers when you go out? If so, she can have
them on some lettuce instead of the bun which she can't eat anyway.
She could get grilled chicken the same way. that's what I do when I go
out, order a sandwich with no bread. Will she eat raw veggies like
broccoli or cauliflower dipped in humus or some other lew c arb dressing
or dip? Those dips can make many vegetables more palitable for kids.

When was she last tested for allergies? It would make life simpler if
she has grown out of a few more.

That's about it for now.

I am so sorry about ths .

Wendy

Old 17-08-2011, 09:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:
Julie, this is so difficult for both you and Angela. I don't hav etoo
much to offer, but if she likes the lamb kebobs could you make some me
made with either chicken or beef with the vegetables like peppers and
tomatoes? they are not difficult to do and might give her some nice
dinners. Does she like hamburgers when you go out? If so, she can have
them on some lettuce instead of the bun which she can't eat anyway.
She could get grilled chicken the same way. that's what I do when I go
out, order a sandwich with no bread. Will she eat raw veggies like
broccoli or cauliflower dipped in humus or some other lew c arb dressing
or dip? Those dips can make many vegetables more palitable for kids.

She will not eat anything on the kebabs but meat. No veggies. And I have
no BBQ so no way of making them. She hates hamburgers. She can get grilled
chicken at some restaurants but at others it is not safe because it contains
wheat. I don't know why they do that. For that reason she has to eat more
burgers than she would like. Because of her wheat allergy she hasn't had a
bun in years. Neither of us like burgers or chicken wrapped in lettuce. It
just makes the lettuce wilted and greasy. We just get them plain.

She really shouldn't have broccoli or cauliflower because of her thyroid.
She doesn't like it much anyway. She will eat a piece or two but that's
about it. Mostly she likes carrots and celery but she gets annoyed with
having to eat vegetables with dips and would much rather eat chips.

Last night I caught her sneaking chips with her dip. She said she was
eating vegetables. When I asked her to show me the vegetable she admittd
they were chips.

When was she last tested for allergies? It would make life simpler if
she has grown out of a few more.

She is due to be tested but... The Dr. who did the last testing is now
deceased. The Dr. who did the testing prior charges $2,000. We can't
afford that. Our insurance won't cover it. I have yet to find a new Dr. who
will do that kind of testing.

That's about it for now.

I am so sorry about ths .

Wendy

Thanks!

Old 17-08-2011, 11:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:
[...]

The time has come to toss out the stuff she shouldn't be eating and then
don't buy more.

For a few weeks now I have been unable to buy much food - price wise -
because I had to pay my car registration. So for weeks now there has
been nothing but main meals (meat, vegetables, salad veggies, cereal for
one kid who eats it) plus milk, yoghurt, fruit, cheese, some juice,
bread and butter. Of course there has been whining about no snacks etc
but tough boobies, it was that or starve. Jasmine is the one who fully
doesn't understand these kinds of things and she has ripped open every
cupboard in the house looking for chips, biscuits etc but hasn't found
any. Now that rego is paid I might just stay as it is.

I have never found lettuce leaves to wilt with burgers etc. I buy large
icebergs for that kind of thing and crisp the leaves in the fridge as
soon as I have got it home and washed it. Subway will do a salad made to
your specs, with meat, without, whatever, you choose everything that
goes on it. She might like san choy bow adapted to her tastes and
allergies. Really just spiced meat and she can choose what flavourings.
Nachos is another good thing with lettuce. Burrito fillings, ditto.
Anything you make that goes with bread, wraps or corn chips can be put
in lettuce. Can fill up on the raw veggies she does like. I eat nachos
and tacos on a plate without the chips and wrap and top it with shredded
lettuce, chopped tomatoes, red onions, sour lite cream and mashed
avocado. Eat with knife and fork. Take her likes and build around that.

Jasmine go a pizza pamphlet out of the letter box earlier this week and
has stuck it under my nose a couple of times a day since Last night I
made her "pizza" on lightly toasted bread. Not what Angela could have
but an example of how to work something in. In our case it was for
financial reasons so I adapted. If I make her burgers I do them on
English muffins so they look like a McMuffin Sometimes I keep a cup
and straw from a takeaway place and fill it up at home with watered down
juice or diet drink. Mentally she is 2 so it works.

If my 16 yr old complains about hunger and its not dinner time I tell
him to drink a large glass of water or have a mandarin. That actually
works. A couple of years ago my two eldest grandkids (who are 10 and 8
now) were visiting and I got some skewers and we cut up different fruits
to make fruit kebabs. I had a few marshmallows and some chocolate sauce
as well as yoghurt and after they made their kebabs they chose not to
have the marshmallows and choc sauce. Often when kids are given a choice
of a range of things they tend to go for healthy stuff.

Old 18-08-2011, 01:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

The time has come to toss out the stuff she shouldn't be eating and then
don't buy more.

I can't do that because I eat many of those things Plus at this point in
time there is simply no money to buy other food. We are going to have to
make do with what we have for at least a few weeks. I can buy some meat and
produce. But since I bought that freezer it is full to almost stuffed and
we will have to eat those things up.

For a few weeks now I have been unable to buy much food - price wise -
because I had to pay my car registration. So for weeks now there has been
nothing but main meals (meat, vegetables, salad veggies, cereal for one
kid who eats it) plus milk, yoghurt, fruit, cheese, some juice, bread and
butter. Of course there has been whining about no snacks etc but tough
boobies, it was that or starve. Jasmine is the one who fully doesn't
understand these kinds of things and she has ripped open every cupboard in
the house looking for chips, biscuits etc but hasn't found any. Now that
rego is paid I might just stay as it is.

We don't have a lot of snacks except that we had bought some for my husband
when he was home. He eats mainly meat, ice cream, chips and other junk
food. Once in a while he will go on a vegetable or fruit kick.

I have never found lettuce leaves to wilt with burgers etc. I buy large
icebergs for that kind of thing and crisp the leaves in the fridge as soon
as I have got it home and washed it. Subway will do a salad made to your
specs, with meat, without, whatever, you choose everything that goes on
it.

Subway is a horrible place for people with wheat alleriges. Because they
are touching the bread and then touching the meat, cheese, lettuce, etc.
they have cross contaminated all of it. Not a safe place to eat at all
unless it is one of the experimental ones in Texas (I think that's where
they are) that sell gluten free bread. They have a separate area for with a
whole separate batch of fillings so none get cross contaminated.

As for the lettuce, I have never *not* had it get soggy. To me it is just a
nasty, nasty thing to do.

Really just spiced meat and she can choose what flavourings. Nachos is
another good thing with lettuce. Burrito fillings, ditto. Anything you make
that goes with bread, wraps or corn chips can be put in lettuce. Can fill
up on the raw veggies she does like. I eat nachos and tacos on a plate
without the chips and wrap and top it with shredded lettuce, chopped
tomatoes, red onions, sour lite cream and mashed avocado. Eat with knife
and fork. Take her likes and build around that.

I don't think she would like that at all. She does like salad but only
specific things on it. And remember, she can have dairy only twice a week.
Taco shells are pretty low in carbs so I'm not concerned about that.

Jasmine go a pizza pamphlet out of the letter box earlier this week and
has stuck it under my nose a couple of times a day since Last night I
made her "pizza" on lightly toasted bread. Not what Angela could have but
an example of how to work something in. In our case it was for financial
reasons so I adapted. If I make her burgers I do them on English muffins
so they look like a McMuffin Sometimes I keep a cup and straw from a
takeaway place and fill it up at home with watered down juice or diet
drink. Mentally she is 2 so it works.

Thankfully neither of us like pizza very much. My husband is the big pizza
lover so when we get it, it is usually for him. I was making GF pizza for a
while when we first found it but we can really both do without it.

If my 16 yr old complains about hunger and its not dinner time I tell him
to drink a large glass of water or have a mandarin. That actually works. A
couple of years ago my two eldest grandkids (who are 10 and 8 now) were
visiting and I got some skewers and we cut up different fruits to make
fruit kebabs. I had a few marshmallows and some chocolate sauce as well as
yoghurt and after they made their kebabs they chose not to have the
marshmallows and choc sauce. Often when kids are given a choice of a range
of things they tend to go for healthy stuff.

I tend to keep a limited amount of stuff in the house. When I don't I wind
up throwing it out. I have thrown out watermelon countless times when she
said she would eat it and didn't. Same for bologna. And certain kinds of
cheese. Yesterday it was guacamole and sour cream. The guacamole was never
even opened. She ate about half of the sour cream.

Tonight I am making chicken and potatoes. I will just have to suffer
through it since I don't like chicken at all. The potatoes are a new item.
Susan would just love them because they come in a steamer bag. Yes, I know
they contain crabs but it is a limited amount of potatoes in that bag. I
won't be able to put too much on her plate and she won't be able to go back
for more.

I had a coupon for Target for $7 off any grocery order of $75 so that is
where we did our weekly shopping. The chicken is probably enough for two
meals and I also got some pre-cooked chicken strips. She really prefers the
chicken if I don't cook it. I also got some shredded lettuce and I hope it
holds up. The last few times I got it, it got mushy before we could eat it.
Our fridge just isn't big enough for a whole head of lettuce! I have sliced
turkey and was planning to make her some Teff wraps. They are very thin so
they look like they should be low in carbs but I don't think they are.

I guess I am just going to have to ease into this while we use up the food
we have in the house, which is really quite a lot. At least of some things.
I will have to give some things to the food bank. Like the case of baked
beans and the case of apple juice in the cute little apple bottles.

She is not a super big juice drinker but she does like it once in a while.
Thankfully we do have diet juice here and I did get two bottles for free
yesterday at Target. They had a special on diet soda where if you bought a
12 pack you got a free bottle of Snapple.

My next shopping trip will be to QFC because I have coupons for free items
there.

I just can't believe how expensive everything is getting and how many things
around here are breaking down and needing to be replaced or repaired!

Old 18-08-2011, 01:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:

julie,

You can make kebabas in the broiler of your oven. I live in a city
apartment and would make them for the kids occasionally.

Wendy

Old 18-08-2011, 01:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:

julie,

You can make kebabas in the broiler of your oven. I live in a city
apartment and would make them for the kids occasionally.

I won't use the broiler. Too messy. I also don't think I could make
kebabs. I won't touch raw meat.

Too bad the chicken kebabs they sell have either wheat or peanut in them.

Old 18-08-2011, 02:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:

julie,

You can make kebabas in the broiler of your oven. I live in a city
apartment and would make them for the kids occasionally.

I make them under the grill, under the hotplate it is, not in the actual
oven (when I don't want to start up the BBQ) or even in an electric fry
pan.
I use my electric fry pan almost daily. Last night we had satay chicken
stirfry in it. Tonight I have a bag full of marinated chicken legs which
I am going to roast, don't care if I lose the marinade. In the fry pan I
am cooking halved new potatoes and sweet potatoes in oil and having some
greens and carrots on the side. I have a large sachet of liquid chicken
gravy left in the pantry so it will all turn out like a roast dinner

I went to Super Butcher this morning. Its my "off pay" week. They had
advertised by email a pack of 7 meals for 4 people for $43. When I got
there they told me it was just a recommendation of what to make with
their weekly specials. I was disappointed but starting throwing things
in the basket anyway as I had travelled 15 minutes from home and their
stuff is good. I only needed 6 meals because I still had that bag of
legs So, I tossed in a pack of their delicious sausages, 2 packs of
minced beef, one pack of sausage mince (to add to 1 pack of mince to
make rissoles) which actually had real colour in it. 2 large pieces of
chuck to make stew, 2 packs of tiny chicken legs and some bacon (will
have them with eggs and maybe chips and veggies for the kids, I am happy
to have bacon, eggs, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. One pack of mince
will probably go to making a Shepherd's pie. When the guy rang it up it
was $42.75, lol. 25 cents less than the advertised $43.

Probably give the kids risini pasta with the stew, they have gone off
rice. Potatoes are going to feature in most stuff this week but can't be
helped. I'll have salad with my meat, its what I like anyway. I think a
few cans of tomatoes are going to be used too.

Old 18-08-2011, 02:33 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:

julie,

You can make kebabas in the broiler of your oven. I live in a city
apartment and would make them for the kids occasionally.

I won't use the broiler. Too messy. I also don't think I could make
kebabs. I won't touch raw meat.

Too bad the chicken kebabs they sell have either wheat or peanut in
them.

Well, the unfortunate thing now is that Angela really needs to have
certain things to get healthy so you might have to bite the bullet. Use
the disposables gloves. When Jazz was an infant she got asthma after
bronchiolitis. I had a major mask problem ever since I had a rubber mask
pumping ether into me when I had tonsils out at 3. For 2 days nurses
held her while she was on the nebuliser. After that they forced me to do
it. As they said, my child's life could depend on this and I was the
only one home with her most of the time. Yes they were brutal but it was
necessary. My kids' life and health had to come before my phobia. I
think you might have to overcome some of your problems like with fresh
meat, to help Angela. No one else is going to do it.

Old 18-08-2011, 02:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:
:
: : "W. Baker" wrote in message
: : ...
: : Julie Bove wrote:
:
: julie,
:
: You can make kebabas in the broiler of your oven. I live in a city
: apartment and would make them for the kids occasionally.

: I won't use the broiler. Too messy. I also don't think I could make
: kebabs. I won't touch raw meat.

: Too bad the chicken kebabs they sell have either wheat or peanut in them.
If you won't touch aw meat you are giving your daughter a much harder row
to hoe, as using al pre-prepared meat is very limiting as so much of it
ihas things she should not eat in or on it, even the non-gluten nuggests
now are very carby so they are out. You both have many dietary limittions
but it is so much worse when you set, in effect, additional limits on the
food because you don't like to handle it. It makes for an extremely tough
situation, unless you get Angela, with her busy schedule to learn to cook
the things you are unwilling to cook.

Wendy

Old 18-08-2011, 03:35 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

There is no way I will handle raw meat even with gloves on. And no way I
will use the broiler. There is no way of knowing if she would even like the
kebabs. Chances are she wouldn't. She just doesn't like meat when I cook
it. I found part of tonight's dinner on the kitchen floor. I guess she
thought I wouldn't see it there? A piece of meat and a potato with one bite
taken out of them. She said she liked the potatoes. Apparently not. I
didn't like them one bit. Most likely because of the garlic. Luckily it
was a small dinner but apparently too much meat for me.

My stomach has really been bothering me lately and the foods I seem to
digest the best are white bread, white rice, and mashed potatoes. I hate
eating these things around her but... I guess I have no choice. Especially
since we are down to one toilet now.

I am hoping the guy will show up tomorrow like he said he would to finish my
driveway and then I can ask him if he could put in a new toilet. After we
get that paid off I will take her to Smart Eats. They sell gluten free
stuff and low carb stuff. In most cases you get one or the other. And I
think most of the low carb stuff will be out for her because it contains
nuts or soy. But we might find something she can eat.