Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default Low carb diet

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message

> >> I doubt it. I think the mere fact that I made it had something to do
> >> with
> >> it.

> > Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
> > restaurants

> I am not going to have her cook her own food!

Exactly. Because it is in your best interests to treat her like she is
handicapped

> I don't mind cooking. In fact I like it.

But strangely enough SHE doesn't like YOUR cooking

I did take over most of the cooking at home when I was 12.
> That was the point in time where my mom sent me and a friend for cooking
> lessons. It was a birthday present. That didn't last long though. I put
> my foot down. The woman simply wouldn't listen to us and kept insisting
> that we cook things our families wouldn't eat. Like BBQed beef and buns
> from scratch. My mom doesn't eat bread or buns and nobody likes BBQ.
>
> Every week she would ask us what we wanted to make the following week. We
> would tell her and then arrive only to find that she had something entirely
> different for us to cook.
>
> Anyway... She does know how to cook. She doesn't like to do it. Life is
> too short to waste time doing things you don't want to do. She does like
> the prep work. I do not. So I have her prep and I do the cooking.

You may have noticed that adults, especially those with some sort of illness or
disease often have to do things they don't want to do.