Diabetic (alt.food.diabetic) This group is for the discussion of controlled-portion eating plans for the dietary management of diabetes.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #46 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 03:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,128
Default Low carb diet

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

She is my daughter. She is not DD. I do not refer to anyone in that manner
and I hope they don't refer to me like that either. I think it's disgusting.
I used to work with some people that were some sort of fundamentalist
religion and they referred to everyone as "dear". That's what it reminds me
of.


So you do know who DD is

  #47 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 04:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,128
Default Low carb diet

In article , "Cheri" wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
news:atlas-bugged-

Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants


What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
You'll both be happier.

Cheri


If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable laughing at
them
  #48 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 04:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,810
Default Low carb diet


"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
...
In article , "Julie Bove"

wrote:

Could you have gotten the proportions between the chicken, olive
oil, and lemon juice wrong? Is she able to give you more details
about what she doesn't like about your version so you can try
another variation?


I doubt it. I think the mere fact that I made it had something to do
with
it.


Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants


I am not going to have her cook her own food! I don't mind cooking. In
fact I like it. I did take over most of the cooking at home when I was 12.
That was the point in time where my mom sent me and a friend for cooking
lessons. It was a birthday present. That didn't last long though. I put
my foot down. The woman simply wouldn't listen to us and kept insisting
that we cook things our families wouldn't eat. Like BBQed beef and buns
from scratch. My mom doesn't eat bread or buns and nobody likes BBQ.

Every week she would ask us what we wanted to make the following week. We
would tell her and then arrive only to find that she had something entirely
different for us to cook.

Anyway... She does know how to cook. She doesn't like to do it. Life is
too short to waste time doing things you don't want to do. She does like
the prep work. I do not. So I have her prep and I do the cooking.


  #49 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 04:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,810
Default Low carb diet


"Cheri" wrote in message
...
"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
news:atlas-bugged-

Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants


What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
You'll both be happier.


Yeah.


  #50 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 04:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,620
Default Low carb diet

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
...
In article , "Cheri"
wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
news:atlas-bugged-

Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants


What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
You'll both be happier.

Cheri


If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable laughing
at
them


Julie posts a lot more than moans, however...I've not seen anything of worth
from you and bullying doesn't count. I have now changed your posting color
to yellow. Bye now.


Cheri




  #51 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 04:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,810
Default Low carb diet


"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
...
In article , "Julie Bove"

wrote:

There is nobody named DD in this house.


DD is daughter dearest

Sure I could ask. And she could lie. So no point in that.


No point? I see that you've set it up perfectly for your daughter to
control
you, just like your mom does


WTF? Why do you say my mom controls me? She doesn't live with me. She can
tell me whatever she wants. That doesn't mean I will do it. In case you
haven't noticed, I can be very stubborn and I pretty much do what I want
unless there is a law against it. Not that I am really into breaking laws
but you just never know.

So, instead of actually asking DD if she did it, you went out and spent
money, which you have previously mentioned is a concern for you, on a
possibly unnecessary item?


No. It was necessary. I ordered it several days ago from Walmart.com.
Cost
me 97 cents to have it delievered. I have been looking for a slim trash
can
because my kitchen is so small and the one we have is old, too big for
the
room and disgustingly stained. So I really did need a new one. Plus the
kitten had been getting into it. I've seen her. I wanted something with
a
lid.


Nice deflection


What?

Again... There is no DD here.


Sure there is and even someone as dense as you knows who I am writing
about

As I said in my other post, I do not refer to anyone as "dear". I never
have and I never will. That just doesn't fit with my personality.

Insane? I don't think so.

The "so" seems totally redundant


Whatever.


I see you are pretty good at channeling your inner 13 year old

You must not have children. To expect a 13 year old to be responsible
for
her medial stuff is what's insane.

I'm not talking about her medical stuff, I'm talking about the stuff
she
puts in her mouth, which hopefully is food


She knows how to read food labels.


and she knows how to make you take care of her dietary needs. Once again,
the
food she eats is her problem not yours


*I* should be responsible for her diet. I am the parent! I was most likely
not your typical 13 year old. I am a big vegetable pusher and I always have
been. Always! Vegetables are my favorite foods. So the way I ate at 13
was not the way my friends ate at 13 nor is it the way most kids eat today
according to Angela and from what I have seen at the dance studio. They
like things like pizza, chicken nuggets, burgers, fries (lots of fries),
chips, candy, cookies, cupcakes, donuts, mac and cheese. Very rarely
salads. Now I don't know about the boys and what they eat. There are not
too many boys at the dance studio on the nights we have been there. Yes
there are all boy classes. But... When the girls start to begin to
discover boys, they may change their diets. But maybe not for the better.
They may do something like eat just a carrot. Or just a piece of meat with
the mistaken notion that it will slim them down. I do not see very many
teens who eat a balanced diet.

I did study nutition at that age. I have always been really into food. I
made my own trail mix. I entered recipe contests. That was my thing.

Angela knows the basics of nutrition. They teach it in school. But I do
think it's a bit much to expect her to know what to do when told to eat a
low carb diet. Especially when the "low carb" part wasn't spelled out by
the Dr. I will ask him more specifically what he means when we go in there.
By then we will have probably eaten most all of the high carb stuff we have
in the house.

She has a friend who is a type 1 diabetic. She sneaks food all the
time.
It's what kids do. If kids of that age didn't need their parents then
they would commonly be emancipated. And they're not.

They would be commonly emancipated if they could prove they are
responsible. Since you seem unlike to provide an environment that
encourages DD to be responsible, she will enter legal adulthood totally
unprepared to take care of herself.


Oh go take a hike!


I'm so wounded


Yeah.


  #52 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 04:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,810
Default Low carb diet


"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
...
In article , "Julie Bove"

wrote:

She is my daughter. She is not DD. I do not refer to anyone in that
manner
and I hope they don't refer to me like that either. I think it's
disgusting.
I used to work with some people that were some sort of fundamentalist
religion and they referred to everyone as "dear". That's what it reminds
me
of.


So you do know who DD is


No I do not. I have a daughter. Her name is Angela. She is not a "dear".
Nobody in my family is a dear. I would never refer to people as such and I
hope they don't do it to me. I think it's rather demeaning and insulting.


  #53 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 05:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,810
Default Low carb diet


"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
...
In article , "Cheri"
wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
news:atlas-bugged-

Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants


What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
You'll both be happier.

Cheri


If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable laughing
at
them


And I'm sure everyone will remember that you said that.


  #54 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 07:18 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,128
Default Low carb diet

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
...
In article , "Cheri"
wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
news:atlas-bugged-

Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants

What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
You'll both be happier.

Cheri


If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable laughing
at
them


And I'm sure everyone will remember that you said that.


Just as long as everyone remembers what an ungrateful person and horrible mother
you are, that's fine with me
  #55 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 07:20 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,128
Default Low carb diet

In article , "Cheri" wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
...
In article , "Cheri"
wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
news:atlas-bugged-

Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants

What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and what she
feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at times
because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling her.
You'll both be happier.

Cheri


If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable laughing
at
them


Julie posts a lot more than moans, however...I've not seen anything of worth
from you and bullying doesn't count. I have now changed your posting color
to yellow. Bye now.


Cheri


No loss to me, but do read my original reply to this thread and you will see
that I posted plenty of ideas to help her, which she promptly cut and ignored.
She is an ungrateful, angry woman and even this post from you acknowledges the
fact that she quite often posts moans...and for no other reason than to gather
sympathy for her poor situation in life


  #56 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 07:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,128
Default Low carb diet

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
...
In article , "Julie Bove"

wrote:

She is my daughter. She is not DD. I do not refer to anyone in that
manner
and I hope they don't refer to me like that either. I think it's
disgusting.
I used to work with some people that were some sort of fundamentalist
religion and they referred to everyone as "dear". That's what it reminds
me
of.


So you do know who DD is


No I do not. I have a daughter. Her name is Angela. She is not a "dear".
Nobody in my family is a dear. I would never refer to people as such and I
hope they don't do it to me. I think it's rather demeaning and insulting.


And of course your grasp on reality is so solid
  #57 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 07:31 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,128
Default Low carb diet

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:


No point? I see that you've set it up perfectly for your daughter to
control you, just like your mom does


WTF? Why do you say my mom controls me? She doesn't live with me. She can
tell me whatever she wants. That doesn't mean I will do it. In case you
haven't noticed, I can be very stubborn and I pretty much do what I want
unless there is a law against it. Not that I am really into breaking laws
but you just never know.


You are unable to make your mother understand your dietary constraints and you
are unable to make your daughter take control of her dietary constraints


Nice deflection


Rather than address the issue, you spend money on it...and you are so proud that
you spent money to have Walmart ship their product to their store for you to
pick up.

and she knows how to make you take care of her dietary needs. Once again,
the food she eats is her problem not yours


*I* should be responsible for her diet.


No. You should be responsible for seeing that she understands the need to
control her diet


I am the parent!


And she is the one with the problem, isn't she?


I was most likely
not your typical 13 year old. I am a big vegetable pusher and I always have
been. Always! Vegetables are my favorite foods. So the way I ate at 13 was
not the way my friends ate at 13 nor is it the way most kids eat today
according to Angela and from what I have seen at the dance studio. They like
things like pizza, chicken nuggets, burgers, fries (lots of fries), chips,
candy, cookies, cupcakes, donuts, mac and cheese. Very rarely salads. Now I
don't know about the boys and what they eat. There are not too many boys at
the dance studio on the nights we have been there. Yes there are all boy
classes. But... When the girls start to begin to discover boys, they may
change their diets. But maybe not for the better. They may do something like
eat just a carrot. Or just a piece of meat with the mistaken notion that it
will slim them down. I do not see very many teens who eat a balanced diet.


So to recap, you were able to take control of your diet/nutritional needs, but
your daughter isn't. And just to point out the obvious, unless your daughter is
a zombie, she already knows about boys and probably more than you did at that
age.




I did study nutition at that age. I have always been really into food. I
made my own trail mix. I entered recipe contests. That was my thing.
Angela knows the basics of nutrition. They teach it in school. But I do
think it's a bit much to expect her to know what to do when told to eat a low
carb diet. Especially when the "low carb" part wasn't spelled out by the Dr.
I will ask him more specifically what he means when we go in there. By then
we will have probably eaten most all of the high carb stuff we have in the
house.


Wait a minute. At 13 without the web you studied nutrition, but your daughter is
unable to research her nutrition/medical needs?

Maybe her search engines are broken, but just exactly how hard is it to research
low-carb diet...I assume she actually knows how to dl iTunes

--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla adipiscing suscipit, velit urna
pharetra neque, non luctus arcu diam vitae justo. Vivamus lacinia scelerisque
ultricies. Nunc lobortis elit ligula. Aliquam sollicitudin nunc sed est gravida
ac viverra tellus ullamcorper. Vivamus non nisi suscipit nisi egestas venenatis.
Donec vitae arcu id urna euismod feugiat. Vivamus porta lobortis ultricies.
Nulla adipiscing tellus a neque vehicula porta. Maecenas volutpat aliquet
sagittis. Proin nisi magna, molestie id volutpat in, tincidunt sed dolor. Nullam
nisi erat, aliquet scelerisque sagittis vitae, pretium accumsan odio. Sed ut mi
iaculis eros rutrum tristique ut nec mi. Aliquam nec augue dui, in mattis urna.
In pretium metus eu diam blandit accumsan. Ut eu lorem sed odio porttitor
blandit.

--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla adipiscing suscipit, velit urna
pharetra neque, non luctus arcu diam vitae justo. Vivamus lacinia scelerisque
ultricies. Nunc lobortis elit ligula. Aliquam sollicitudin nunc sed est gravida
ac viverra tellus ullamcorper. Vivamus non nisi suscipit nisi egestas venenatis.
Donec vitae arcu id urna euismod feugiat. Vivamus porta lobortis ultricies.
Nulla adipiscing tellus a neque vehicula porta. Maecenas volutpat aliquet
sagittis. Proin nisi magna, molestie id volutpat in, tincidunt sed dolor. Nullam
nisi erat, aliquet scelerisque sagittis vitae, pretium accumsan odio. Sed ut mi
iaculis eros rutrum tristique ut nec mi. Aliquam nec augue dui, in mattis urna.
In pretium metus eu diam blandit accumsan. Ut eu lorem sed odio porttitor
blandit.
  #58 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-08-2011, 07:34 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,128
Default Low carb diet

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
...
In article , "Julie Bove"

wrote:

Could you have gotten the proportions between the chicken, olive
oil, and lemon juice wrong? Is she able to give you more details
about what she doesn't like about your version so you can try
another variation?

I doubt it. I think the mere fact that I made it had something to do
with
it.


Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
restaurants


I am not going to have her cook her own food!


Exactly. Because it is in your best interests to treat her like she is
handicapped



I don't mind cooking. In fact I like it.


But strangely enough SHE doesn't like YOUR cooking


I did take over most of the cooking at home when I was 12.
That was the point in time where my mom sent me and a friend for cooking
lessons. It was a birthday present. That didn't last long though. I put
my foot down. The woman simply wouldn't listen to us and kept insisting
that we cook things our families wouldn't eat. Like BBQed beef and buns
from scratch. My mom doesn't eat bread or buns and nobody likes BBQ.

Every week she would ask us what we wanted to make the following week. We
would tell her and then arrive only to find that she had something entirely
different for us to cook.

Anyway... She does know how to cook. She doesn't like to do it. Life is
too short to waste time doing things you don't want to do. She does like
the prep work. I do not. So I have her prep and I do the cooking.


You may have noticed that adults, especially those with some sort of illness or
disease often have to do things they don't want to do.
  #59 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-08-2011, 12:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,614
Default Low carb diet



"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
...
In article , "Cheri"
wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in
message
...
In article , "Cheri"

wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in
message
news:atlas-bugged-

Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking
her to
restaurants

What are you hoping to accomplish here? Julie is who she is, and
what she
feeds herself/Angela is her own business. It can be frustrating at
times
because of all the "I won'ts" but leave it alone and stop hassling
her.
You'll both be happier.

Cheri

If she feels comfortable publishing her moans, I feel comfortable
laughing
at
them


Julie posts a lot more than moans, however...I've not seen anything
of worth
from you and bullying doesn't count. I have now changed your posting
color
to yellow. Bye now.


Cheri


No loss to me, but do read my original reply to this thread and you
will see
that I posted plenty of ideas to help her, which she promptly cut and
ignored.


Which you knew in advance so you set the scene to enable you to act luck
a ****wit when she acted predictably. You've always known what the
results of communicating with Julie will be. So don't make yourself out
to this wonderful guy who was helping her out. That act is what is known
as trolling, which you already know.

She is an ungrateful, angry woman and even this post from you
acknowledges the
fact that she quite often posts moans...and for no other reason than
to gather
sympathy for her poor situation in life


And you bait her so you can continually abuse her. Get a life.

  #60 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-08-2011, 02:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,619
Default Low carb diet

unfortunately this really is her life, so you will simply have to decide
which is more important, you not touching meat, or her living to adulthood,
i hate to be harsh, but coming from a family where my parents not only had
to do things to my eyes medically that aftwards, my father would throw his
guts up, they paid for over a hundred k of surgical procedures, starting in
1959 on their own, so i could see for a while, i am sure grateful they were
both able to do what needed doing, if they haden't the doctors would have
had no option but to cut out my eys because the pain wouldn't have been
bearable, Julie you are a smart woman, and you love your child, now go do
what needs doing, Lee
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
...

"Ozgirl" wrote in message
...


"Julie Bove" wrote in message
...

"W. Baker" wrote in message
...
Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:

julie,

You can make kebabas in the broiler of your oven. I live in a city
apartment and would make them for the kids occasionally.

I won't use the broiler. Too messy. I also don't think I could make
kebabs. I won't touch raw meat.

Too bad the chicken kebabs they sell have either wheat or peanut in
them.


Well, the unfortunate thing now is that Angela really needs to have
certain things to get healthy so you might have to bite the bullet. Use
the disposables gloves. When Jazz was an infant she got asthma after
bronchiolitis. I had a major mask problem ever since I had a rubber mask
pumping ether into me when I had tonsils out at 3. For 2 days nurses held
her while she was on the nebuliser. After that they forced me to do it.
As they said, my child's life could depend on this and I was the only one
home with her most of the time. Yes they were brutal but it was
necessary. My kids' life and health had to come before my phobia. I think
you might have to overcome some of your problems like with fresh meat, to
help Angela. No one else is going to do it.


There is no way I will handle raw meat even with gloves on. And no way I
will use the broiler. There is no way of knowing if she would even like
the kebabs. Chances are she wouldn't. She just doesn't like meat when I
cook it. I found part of tonight's dinner on the kitchen floor. I guess
she thought I wouldn't see it there? A piece of meat and a potato with
one bite taken out of them. She said she liked the potatoes. Apparently
not. I didn't like them one bit. Most likely because of the garlic.
Luckily it was a small dinner but apparently too much meat for me.

My stomach has really been bothering me lately and the foods I seem to
digest the best are white bread, white rice, and mashed potatoes. I hate
eating these things around her but... I guess I have no choice.
Especially since we are down to one toilet now.

I am hoping the guy will show up tomorrow like he said he would to finish
my driveway and then I can ask him if he could put in a new toilet. After
we get that paid off I will take her to Smart Eats. They sell gluten free
stuff and low carb stuff. In most cases you get one or the other. And I
think most of the low carb stuff will be out for her because it contains
nuts or soy. But we might find something she can eat.





Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Critique of Owsley's zero carb diet Laurie Vegan 0 23-09-2007 06:21 PM
The Secret to Low-Carb Diet Success: Eat Less Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD General Cooking 1 04-12-2005 03:01 AM
Low carb diet- what to serve? CK General Cooking 12 10-12-2004 03:44 AM
Bad breath/low carb diet??? TOM KAN PA General Cooking 5 27-10-2004 02:52 AM
veg low carb diet? Michael Balarama Vegan 3 22-05-2004 05:46 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017