Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low carb diet

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> There is nobody named DD in this house.

> DD is daughter dearest
>
>> Sure I could ask. And she could lie. So no point in that.

> No point? I see that you've set it up perfectly for your daughter to
> control
> you, just like your mom does

WTF? Why do you say my mom controls me? She doesn't live with me. She can
tell me whatever she wants. That doesn't mean I will do it. In case you
haven't noticed, I can be very stubborn and I pretty much do what I want
unless there is a law against it. Not that I am really into breaking laws
but you just never know.

>> > So, instead of actually asking DD if she did it, you went out and spent
>> > money, which you have previously mentioned is a concern for you, on a
>> > possibly unnecessary item?

>> No. It was necessary. I ordered it several days ago from Walmart.com.
>> Cost
>> me 97 cents to have it delievered. I have been looking for a slim trash
>> can
>> because my kitchen is so small and the one we have is old, too big for
>> the
>> room and disgustingly stained. So I really did need a new one. Plus the
>> kitten had been getting into it. I've seen her. I wanted something with
>> lid.

> Nice deflection

What?

>> Again... There is no DD here.

> Sure there is and even someone as dense as you knows who I am writing
> about

As I said in my other post, I do not refer to anyone as "dear". I never
have and I never will. That just doesn't fit with my personality.

>> > The "so" seems totally redundant

>> Whatever.

> I see you are pretty good at channeling your inner 13 year old

>> > I'm not talking about her medical stuff, I'm talking about the stuff
>> > she
>> > puts in her mouth, which hopefully is food

>> She knows how to read food labels.

> and she knows how to make you take care of her dietary needs. Once again,
> the
> food she eats is her problem not yours

*I* should be responsible for her diet. I am the parent! I was most likely
not your typical 13 year old. I am a big vegetable pusher and I always have
been. Always! Vegetables are my favorite foods. So the way I ate at 13
was not the way my friends ate at 13 nor is it the way most kids eat today
according to Angela and from what I have seen at the dance studio. They
like things like pizza, chicken nuggets, burgers, fries (lots of fries),
chips, candy, cookies, cupcakes, donuts, mac and cheese. Very rarely
salads. Now I don't know about the boys and what they eat. There are not
too many boys at the dance studio on the nights we have been there. Yes
there are all boy classes. But... When the girls start to begin to
discover boys, they may change their diets. But maybe not for the better.
They may do something like eat just a carrot. Or just a piece of meat with
the mistaken notion that it will slim them down. I do not see very many
teens who eat a balanced diet.

I did study nutition at that age. I have always been really into food. I
made my own trail mix. I entered recipe contests. That was my thing.

Angela knows the basics of nutrition. They teach it in school. But I do
think it's a bit much to expect her to know what to do when told to eat a
low carb diet. Especially when the "low carb" part wasn't spelled out by
the Dr. I will ask him more specifically what he means when we go in there.
By then we will have probably eaten most all of the high carb stuff we have
in the house.

>> > They would be commonly emancipated if they could prove they are
>> > responsible. Since you seem unlike to provide an environment that
>> > encourages DD to be responsible, she will enter legal adulthood totally
>> > unprepared to take care of herself.

>> Oh go take a hike!

> I'm so wounded

Yeah.