Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low carb diet

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> > Could you have gotten the proportions between the chicken, olive
>> > oil, and lemon juice wrong? Is she able to give you more details
>> > about what she doesn't like about your version so you can try
>> > another variation?

>> I doubt it. I think the mere fact that I made it had something to do
>> with
>> it.

> Yet another reason to let her cook her own food...or keep taking her to
> restaurants

I am not going to have her cook her own food! I don't mind cooking. In
fact I like it. I did take over most of the cooking at home when I was 12.
That was the point in time where my mom sent me and a friend for cooking
lessons. It was a birthday present. That didn't last long though. I put
my foot down. The woman simply wouldn't listen to us and kept insisting
that we cook things our families wouldn't eat. Like BBQed beef and buns
from scratch. My mom doesn't eat bread or buns and nobody likes BBQ.

Every week she would ask us what we wanted to make the following week. We
would tell her and then arrive only to find that she had something entirely
different for us to cook.

Anyway... She does know how to cook. She doesn't like to do it. Life is
too short to waste time doing things you don't want to do. She does like
the prep work. I do not. So I have her prep and I do the cooking.