Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low carb diet

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> >
> wrote:
>

>> > There it is:"I don't care". Of course you don't, because if you did,
>> > you'd
>> > get answers you don't want
>> >

>> What is that supposed to mean? I have no way of knowing how it got on
>> the
>> floor. I don't have a security cam. I have better things to do than to
>> worry about how two pieces of food got on the floor yesterday.

> Your context when mentioning you found it on the floor strongly implied
> that DD
> put it there. As to not knowing how it got there, why not ask your
> kittens...oh
> wait, maybe you could ask DD, but as I said, you really don't want to know
> that
> she did it, do you?

There is nobody named DD in this house. Sure I could ask. And she could
lie. So no point in that.

>> > And what are you going to do when food magically appears on the floor
>> > after
>> > you've implemented your new lidded trash can? "Oh the cats must have
>> > figured out how to get the lid open"

>> Well no because of the design of it. They can't open it *and* get in it.
>> So
>> if I see food on the floor after that I'll know Angela did it. Or if my
>> husband is home maybe he did it.

> So, instead of actually asking DD if she did it, you went out and spent
> money,
> which you have previously mentioned is a concern for you, on a possibly
> unnecessary item?

No. It was necessary. I ordered it several days ago from Walmart.com.
Cost me 97 cents to have it delievered. I have been looking for a slim
trash can because my kitchen is so small and the one we have is old, too big
for the room and disgustingly stained. So I really did need a new one.
Plus the kitten had been getting into it. I've seen her. I wanted
something with a lid.

>> > Of course not, because she has you to do it for her. You are some
>> > mother,
>> > preparing your child for the world when she's on her own.

>> It is not necessary to touch raw meat to cook. It really isn't.

> Which in no way is the same thing as having DD take *SOME* responsibility
> for
> both her disease/illness and diet

Again... There is no DD here.

>> > In that case, there's no problem so why did you post yet another insane
>> > thread?

>> Insane? I don't think so.

> The "so" seems totally redundant

Whatever.

>> > 1) because it's her problem, not yours

>> You must not have children. To expect a 13 year old to be responsible
>> for
>> her medial stuff is what's insane.

> I'm not talking about her medical stuff, I'm talking about the stuff she
> puts in
> her mouth, which hopefully is food

She knows how to read food labels.

>> She has a friend who is a type 1 diabetic. She sneaks food all the time.
>> It's what kids do. If kids of that age didn't need their parents then
>> they
>> would commonly be emancipated. And they're not.

> They would be commonly emancipated if they could prove they are
> responsible.
> Since you seem unlike to provide an environment that encourages DD to be
> responsible, she will enter legal adulthood totally unprepared to take
> care of
> herself.

Oh go take a hike!

>> > 2) because some day you will die and she will have to take care of
>> > herself

>> And hopefully she will be old enough to take care of herself when I do
>> die.

> She's old enough to take care of herself now, it's just that you don't
> want her
> to take care of herself.
>
>> My parents left me home alone when I was 13. Not for the day but
>> like...for
>> a week. I did things I wasn't supposed to do. That's what kids do!

> Oh, so at age 13 you were able to feed and clothe yourself, but DD isn't?

She has issues and I am not going to get into them with you since all you
can do is take cheap pot shots at me.

>> > 3) because 13 is way old enough for her to take charge of her body and
>> > herself.

>> What country do you live in where this is the law?

> What has the law got to do with taking responsibility for her body and
> herself?
>
>> > You actually seem quite proud that she is indifferent to her issues.
>> > Way to
>> > go mom.

>> I never said she was indifferent. But what I will say is that you are an
>> asshole. Yep. ASSHOLE!

> I'd be insulted, but in my experience, such lame insults from defective
> mothers
> means nothing except that you are angry with yourself

Whatever. I sense another one going into my KF.