Old 27-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Beach Runner

Default Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as ever

That is an excellent question. The end of factory farming animals,
people eating
animals, protecting the environment, and perhaps most important,
PROTECTING HABITAT. The number one thing destroying natural life is the
destruction of habitat.

I'm not a Christian, but I know 99% of Christians will find the ad
offensive, even
if they care about animals.

They could say, Mother Mary would care about animals and the world, and
make similar
statements. Their standard answer is a Catholic thought up the ad.
That is the same
justification they used when their horrible Holocaust ad was used. All
it did was create
animosity and I doubt it created one "convert" to someone that wasn't
already a vegetarian

Peta could and has done a lot of good, but they are making some
horrendous mistakes.
They need to understand marketing 101 if they want to promote their
ideals. It makes
them seem rude, crazy, and lacking sensativity, the exact opposite
message I would hope to promote.

Just remember, the most important part of the picture is we want to make
animals lives
better and protect natural habitat. That won't offend anyone. Say it
nicely.

Bob

Old 27-12-2003, 05:00 PM
frlpwr

Bob Yates wrote:

frlpwr wrote:

(snip)

Oh, I am sorry, I thought that you had been reading the thread, the
message that you replied to said "lifeless" which would tend to imply
dead to a native speaker of English.

Never trust Reuters to double check the facts. I took a closer look at
the chicken poster and it's clear the poor bird is suffering from bad
juju. Cheap ass chicken farmers and their contaminated puffer fish
feed.

If the Virgin can spare a kind touch, the zombie bird could Rise and
Walk.

(snip)

I had no intention of being original,

A good thing, too. You're not up to it.

(snip)

I have friends and relatives that speak a variety of non-Engligh
languages.

They're only pretending to speak other languages so they don't have to
talk to you.

Old 27-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Rubystars

"Beach Runner" wrote in message
snip
Just remember, the most important part of the picture is we want to make
animals lives
better and protect natural habitat. That won't offend anyone. Say it
nicely.

These are worthy goals. PETA intends to do much more than that though, they
intend to end all animal use, not just abuse.

-Rubystars

Old 27-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Michael Saunby

"Rubystars" wrote in message

"Beach Runner" wrote in message
snip
Just remember, the most important part of the picture is we want to

make
animals lives
better and protect natural habitat. That won't offend anyone. Say it
nicely.

These are worthy goals. PETA intends to do much more than that though,

they
intend to end all animal use, not just abuse.

Of course, and their advertising is clearly aimed at their existing and
future membership, not the general public. PETA and organisations like it
exist to meet a need that bored white urban middle class youngsters have to
belong to an oppressed group, because it seems trendy to be an anarchist.
They see others minorities apparently enjoying their anger with the
establishment and want to do something similar.

Michael Saunby

Old 27-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Elle Mathews

Beach Runner wrote in message om...
Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
the exact opposite message.

Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will. I'm a
supportive member. Do you really have any data to support your
position? I think not.

Old 27-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Rubystars

"Elle Mathews" wrote in message
om...
Beach Runner wrote in message

om...
Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
the exact opposite message.

Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will. I'm a
supportive member. Do you really have any data to support your
position? I think not.

Are you aware that they support terrorist organizations?

-Rubystars

Old 27-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Michael Saunby

"Elle Mathews" wrote in message
om...
Beach Runner wrote in message

om...
Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
the exact opposite message.

Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will. I'm a
supportive member. Do you really have any data to support your
position? I think not.

It probably does harm the very many people who choose to declare themselves
to be vegetarian for ethical reasons. Such behavior is clearly non violent
in nature and makes no great demands of others. Proselytizing vegans like
PETA may not all be violent but they clearly aren't simply prepared to
abstain from meat but wish to fight some kind of war in order to change the
world to fit the ideals of their charismatic cult leaders

Though just as the activists see the damage done by releasing mink or
similar into the wild as a necessary loss of animal life to further their
cause (just as those who use animals for medical research see a greater
purpose in their actions) then I guess the loss of esteem for vegetarians
in general is seen as a reasonable price to pay.

A simple google search on "militant vegan" or "anarchist vegan" (or similar
with vegetarian) shows there are a lot of angry teenagers out there that
have chosen veganism as their personal cause (until such time as they die
or get a job).

Michael Saunby

Old 27-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Jonathan Ball

Elle Mathews wrote:
Beach Runner wrote in message om...

Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
the exact opposite message.

Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.

No, it isn't nonsense. It might be incorrect - I don't
know how anyone would tell for sure - but it isn't
nonsense.

They could do more harm than good, to their cause, if
their gratuitously offensive and antagonistic publicity
stunts turned off some people who are on the fence, so
to speak.

Personally, I LIKE that they might be doing more harm
than good. I consider them to be irrational extremists
whose point of view, but not the people themselves, is
slightly dangerous. Fortunately, because they are far
more the object of derision and contempt than anything
else, no one takes them really seriously.

Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will.

You are a fool.

I'm a supportive member.

And a fool.

From: "Michael Saunby"
Subject: Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as
ever
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000
Path:uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!news-FFM2.ecrc.net!kibo.news.demon.net!demon!mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com!mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com

Looks like mike is getting ready to find a new ISP, why mike?

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.801% richest people in the world.
There are 5,951,930,035 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 48,069,965
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

---------------------------------------

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.
Old 27-12-2003, 07:29 PM
Michael Saunby

From: "Michael Saunby"
ever
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000

Path:uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!news-FFM2.ecrc.net!kibo.news.demon.net!demo
n!mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com!mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com

Looks like mike is getting ready to find a new ISP, why mike?

And it look like Peter Clark/Hills (JudgeDred, Ratchet, Mbongo) of Animal
Aid UK doesn't think it will necessarily be in his best interests. Why
would that be Peter?

Though perhaps it has nothing at all to do with the Animal Aid and their
usenet stalker/email-bombers, and more to do with other stuff. Let's see
eh Peter?

Why not send a few complaints about my posts to my "new" ISP and see what
happens. Good luck.

Michael Saunby

Old 27-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Russ Thompson

Default Give me a break!

Beach Runner said in responce to the question:
"What exactly is the "vegan movement?"

That is an excellent question. The end of factory farming animals,

*** What a load of manure. Vegans and animal rights types are certainly NOT
aginst "factory farming". The fact that it is the small family farmers that
they are assising to put out of business first should make this obvious to
any reasonable person.
The fact is that the number of small family farms such as ours decreases
every years and the number of large farms increases every year. The vegan /
animal rights crowd are helping to speed this process up
When a vegan / animal rights types uses information, disinformation,
half trueths, and propaganda to discourage others from consuming animal
products who do you think it is who suffers? The large farm with huge
amounts of capital behind them that allow them to take the resulting lower
prices or the small family farmer who is operating under slim margins
already?
The interesting thing is that if the vegan / animal rights types where
actually interested in getting rid of "factory farming" they would find a
lot of support and allies among the small family farmers. In fact the anti
"factory farm" retoric from each group sounds about the same.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, Wi

Old 27-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Thighbone Lee Jackson

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:29:51 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
wrote:

.. .

From: "Michael Saunby"
ever
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000

Path:uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!news-FFM2.ecrc.net!kibo.news.demon.net!demo
n!mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com!mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com

Looks like mike is getting ready to find a new ISP, why mike?

And it look like Peter Clark/Hills (JudgeDred, Ratchet, Mbongo) of Animal
Aid UK doesn't think it will necessarily be in his best interests.

Best interests to do what?

Why
would that be Peter?

New home, new job, may as well have a new ISP too...good idea michael.

Pete whom?

Though perhaps it has nothing at all to do with the Animal Aid and their
usenet stalker/email-bombers, and more to do with other stuff. Let's see
eh Peter?

Pardon? how long have you been drinking today?

Why not send a few complaints about my posts to my "new" ISP and see what
happens. Good luck.

Why would anyone want to do that?, bad enough getting dumped by demon,
they dump nobody usually, even pedo's are safe with them, so you must
have been bad, bad, bad. come on tell us what you been upto?

after all it is christmas ho ho ho.

Old 27-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Thighbone Lee Jackson

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:35:07 -0600, "Russ Thompson"
wrote:

[...]

Make a new year resolution to try and not sound so stupid next year.

Since when does the small farmer giles do anything other then for
themselves?

From: "Michael Saunby"
ever
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000

Path:uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!news-FFM2.ecrc.net!kibo.news.demon.net!demo
n!mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com!mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com

Looks like mike is getting ready to find a new ISP, why mike?

And it look like Peter Clark/Hills (JudgeDred, Ratchet, Mbongo)

Cant make your mind up now michael? bwahahahahahahaha do you just
throw darts at the phonebook or worse do you get RSPB marksmen to do
it for you! lol

Come and join our gang we'll educate you, feed you and show you how
it's done.

Old 27-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Russ Thompson

Make a new year resolution to try and not sound so stupid next year.

*** Ah yes, the standard responce for those who are unable to make a
reasonable argument - resort to personal insults.

Since when does the small farmer giles do anything other then for
themselves?

*** Well as I have said I am not a native speaker of english and I do not
know what "giles" means.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, Wi USA

KFC is a sleazy marketer Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 105 18-08-2008 03:41 PM
Tasteless apples - Doug K Nancy Young General Cooking 14 17-11-2005 12:57 AM
tasteless apples rmg General Cooking 25 28-10-2005 09:33 PM
Tasteless ingredients Daisy General Cooking 29 25-10-2004 09:27 AM
tasteless acid ? William R. Watt Preserving 16 26-09-2004 02:41 AM