Old 27-12-2003, 09:09 PM
rick etter

Default Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as ever

"Elle Mathews" wrote in message
om...
Beach Runner wrote in message

om...
Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
the exact opposite message.

Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will. I'm a
supportive member. Do you really have any data to support your
position? I think not.

======================
ROTFLMAO What a hoot! PeTA kills more animals than it saves once they get
their bloody hands on them!
The 'e' isn't lower case for nothing, you know. Well, maybe you don't know,
being the ignorant dupe that you are. PeTA loves getting their claws into
rubes like you...

Old 27-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Thighbone Lee Jackson

Default Give me a break!

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:00:12 -0600, "Russ Thompson"
wrote:

Make a new year resolution to try and not sound so stupid next year.

*** Ah yes, the standard responce for those who are unable to make a
reasonable argument - resort to personal insults.

Don't be silly, it's not personal it applies to all of you.

Since when does the small farmer giles do anything other then for
themselves?

*** Well as I have said I am not a native speaker of english and I do not
know what "giles" means.

OK so drop it then.

Since when does the small farmer do anything other then for
themselves?

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.801% richest people in the world.
There are 5,951,930,035 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 48,069,965
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

---------------------------------------

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.
Old 27-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Russ Thompson

Don't be silly, it's not personal it applies to all of you.

*** You said that I sounded stupid - translation "I have no real counter
point or intelligent discussion to offer so I will resort to insulting
remarks".

Since when does the small farmer do anything other then for
themselves?

*** Since the first person became a farmer. To ask a question like that I am
going to guess that you simply don't know any farmers. I also have no idea
what that question has to do with the point I was trying to make.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, Wi USA

Old 27-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Thighbone Lee Jackson

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:41:03 -0600, "Russ Thompson"
wrote:

Don't be silly, it's not personal it applies to all of you.

*** You said that I sounded stupid - translation "I have no real counter
point or intelligent discussion to offer so I will resort to insulting
remarks".

Well why didn't you say so in the first place, we guessed as much.

Since when does the small farmer do anything other then for
themselves?

*** Since the first person became a farmer. To ask a question like that I am
going to guess that you simply don't know any farmers. I also have no idea
what that question has to do with the point I was trying to make.

You had a point?

Old 28-12-2003, 12:27 AM
Bob Yates

frlpwr wrote:
Never trust Reuters to double check the facts. I took a closer look at
the chicken poster and it's clear the poor bird is suffering from bad
juju. Cheap ass chicken farmers and their contaminated puffer fish
feed.

More likely the bad juju is coming from the shock of being in contact
with PETA. The chicken farms I have seen all have active birds or dead
birds, no middle ground.

If the Virgin can spare a kind touch, the zombie bird could Rise and
Walk.

That was the Son's trick, don't recall the Mother doing anything like
that.

I had no intention of being original,

A good thing, too. You're not up to it.

Sounds like a pre-programmed response from automaton, very superficial.

I have friends and relatives that speak a variety of non-Engligh
languages.

They're only pretending to speak other languages so they don't have to
talk to you.

If so it backfired, they are now trying to teach me. Ends up with them
talking to me more. Oh, that is what people do to you to avoid talking
to you. Again you have my condolences.

Old 28-12-2003, 02:32 AM
Offbreed

"Rubystars" wrote in message m...

These are worthy goals. PETA intends to do much more than that though, they
intend to end all animal use, not just abuse.

If you think about what they advocate, they are pushing for the end of
all human/nonhuman interaction. This allows them to constantly move
the goalposts.

With such "liberal" movements, the issue addressed is not the issue
actually persued. The issue actually persued is power.

Note how what they demand cannot be attained without the imposition of
a totalitarian government? They are not "liberal" in anything except
in throwing around demands that others do as they say.
Old 28-12-2003, 02:57 AM

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:35:07 -0600, "Russ Thompson" wrote:

Beach Runner said in responce to the question:
"What exactly is the "vegan movement?"

That is an excellent question. The end of factory farming animals,

*** What a load of manure. Vegans and animal rights types are certainly NOT
aginst "factory farming". The fact that it is the small family farmers that
they are assising to put out of business first should make this obvious to
any reasonable person.
The fact is that the number of small family farms such as ours decreases
every years and the number of large farms increases every year. The vegan /
animal rights crowd are helping to speed this process up
When a vegan / animal rights types uses information, disinformation,
half trueths, and propaganda to discourage others from consuming animal
products who do you think it is who suffers? The large farm with huge
amounts of capital behind them that allow them to take the resulting lower
prices or the small family farmer who is operating under slim margins
already?
The interesting thing is that if the vegan / animal rights types where
actually interested in getting rid of "factory farming" they would find a
lot of support and allies among the small family farmers. In fact the anti
"factory farm" retoric from each group sounds about the same.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, Wi

They are opposed to seeing the fact pointed out that some types of
meat involve less animal deaths than some types of veggies. That alone
is enough to show that they don't really care about human influence on
animals. All they appear to care about is promoting veg*nism, and there's
no doubt that veg*nism does nothing to promote better lives for animals
raised for food.
Old 28-12-2003, 03:00 AM
Rubystars

"Offbreed" wrote in message
om...
"Rubystars" wrote in message

m...

These are worthy goals. PETA intends to do much more than that though,

they
intend to end all animal use, not just abuse.

If you think about what they advocate, they are pushing for the end of
all human/nonhuman interaction. This allows them to constantly move
the goalposts.

Yes, they don't want people to keep pets, go to zoos, or anything else that
would allow humans to interact with animals. They probably wish humans would
go extinct.

With such "liberal" movements, the issue addressed is not the issue
actually persued. The issue actually persued is power.
Note how what they demand cannot be attained without the imposition of
a totalitarian government? They are not "liberal" in anything except
in throwing around demands that others do as they say.

Yes, that's true.

-Rubystars

Old 28-12-2003, 03:03 AM

wrote:

Make a new year resolution to try and not sound so stupid next year.

*** Ah yes, the standard responce for those who are unable to make a
reasonable argument - resort to personal insults.

Don't be silly, it's not personal it applies to all of you.

So far you sound a lot more stupid than he does.

Since when does the small farmer giles do anything other then for
themselves?

*** Well as I have said I am not a native speaker of english and I do not
know what "giles" means.

OK so drop it then.

Since when does the small farmer do anything other then for
themselves?

You can't think of anything they do to help others? Some of them
even provide decent lives for farm animals, not that you veg*ns would
ever want to promote something like that.
Old 28-12-2003, 03:26 AM
Offbreed

(Elle Mathews) wrote in message . com...

Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will.

Considering that PeTA has no objections to euthenasia to relieve
overcrowding at the Aspin Hill animal "sanctuary" (over crowding and
diseased conditions created by PeTA getting their hands on more
animals than they can take care of, BTW), Ingrid Newkirk's position
that there is no real difference between humans and animals, and how
PeTA does not spend any money on animals, I'd be very nervous about
admitting any such thing; after all, they believe that humanity has
over populated the planet. In fact, I'd get a CCW and start packing.
Also, get burgler and fire alarms (considering how many fires and
break-ins the ARA's are involved in).

"People for the ethical (sic) Treatment of Animals"? Do you remember
this statement by PETA co-founder and president Ingrid Newkirk wishing
that hoof and mouth disease outbreak would occur in the US?

I'm a supportive member.

No, you are NOT a member. In 1987, PeTA's three-member board of
directors (Newkirk, Pacheco, and Kim Stallwood) voted themselves the
only "members" of the organization. By doing so, they converted their
"members" into customer/contributors and themselves into a
multimillion-dollar partnership.

You are a sucker, not a member.

There is a good deal more to the subject. I suggest "Animal Scam", by
Kathleen Marquardt with Herbet M. Levine and Mark LaRochelle. ISBN
O-89526-498-6 Just for starters.

Old 28-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Rat & Swan

Default PETA,

Rubystars wrote:

"Offbreed" wrote in message
om...

snip

If you think about what they advocate, they are pushing for the end of
all human/nonhuman interaction. This allows them to constantly move
the goalposts.

Yes, they don't want people to keep pets, go to zoos, or anything else that
would allow humans to interact with animals.

Not keeping "pets" (or actually, companion animals) is a long-term goal,
not anything that is going to happen any time soon. But this shows the
poverty of imagination non-ARAs have: you can only imagine humans
interacting with animals in ways that dominate and control them. I can
think of many ways to interact with animals on terms of mutual freedom.
So can PETA (of which I am a long-term member, since 1984).

They probably wish humans would
go extinct.

Why? Humans are an animal species, too, and worth preserving in the
right situations.

With such "liberal" movements, the issue addressed is not the issue
actually persued. The issue actually persued is power.

Yes the issue is power, the power of humans over other creatures.
The ultimate goal of PETA is to eliminate such power, voluntarily
give up power. The human-dominationists can't imagine such a
thing, so they invent all sorts of sinister conspiracies on the
part of their opponents.

Note how what they demand cannot be attained without the imposition of
a totalitarian government?

Of course it can. You're projecting again.

They are not "liberal" in anything except
in throwing around demands that others do as they say.

Yes, that's true.

No, it's a bunch of nonsense.

Rat

Old 28-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Rubystars

"Rat & Swan" wrote in message

Rubystars wrote:

"Offbreed" wrote in message
om...

snip

If you think about what they advocate, they are pushing for the end of
all human/nonhuman interaction. This allows them to constantly move
the goalposts.

Yes, they don't want people to keep pets, go to zoos, or anything else

that
would allow humans to interact with animals.

Not keeping "pets" (or actually, companion animals) is a long-term goal,
not anything that is going to happen any time soon.

So why do they give exotics owners such a hard time?

But this shows the
poverty of imagination non-ARAs have: you can only imagine humans
interacting with animals in ways that dominate and control them.

I feel that animals contribute a lot to our society and we need to use them
in order for society to keep on functioning. I think that humans have a duty
to treat animals humanely though.

I can
think of many ways to interact with animals on terms of mutual freedom.
So can PETA (of which I am a long-term member, since 1984).

What are some of the ways you're thinking of? Bird watching? That's not
interaction, its watching from far away with binoculars.

They probably wish humans would
go extinct.

Why? Humans are an animal species, too, and worth preserving in the
right situations.

What are those "right situations?"

With such "liberal" movements, the issue addressed is not the issue
actually persued. The issue actually persued is power.

Yes the issue is power, the power of humans over other creatures.
The ultimate goal of PETA is to eliminate such power, voluntarily
give up power. The human-dominationists can't imagine such a
thing, so they invent all sorts of sinister conspiracies on the
part of their opponents.

It's pretty sinister to turn children against their parents, wouldn't you
agree?

Note how what they demand cannot be attained without the imposition of
a totalitarian government?

Of course it can. You're projecting again.

How can you stop people from using animals if you don't institute
totalitarianism? People aren't going to stop on their own. If they would,
there would be little need for PETA.

snip

-Rubystars

Old 28-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Beach Runner

Elle Mathews wrote:

Beach Runner wrote in message om...

Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
the exact opposite message.

Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will. I'm a
supportive member. Do you really have any data to support your
position? I think not.

There are tremendous amounts of data on marketing and sales. Dale
Carnigie's book, the classic
is the best start there is in how to persuade people. The basic rule is
"avoid the acute angle".
Most of Peta's goals I agree with.

I happen to think we need to keep our priorities in order, and the most
important goal
is to protect habitate so to preserve species and diversity. A world
where more people
are mostly vegetarians does more to protect animals than 1 holier than
thou vegan.
If Pritikin got 100 people to reduce their animal consumption 25% that
adds up to a lot
more good than 1 vegan.

I also know that people thinking vegetarians are crazy is not good for a
movement based
on logic and reasoning. With logic and reasoning, science the world can
make vast improvents.

Bob

Old 28-12-2003, 08:39 PM
frlpwr

Russ Thompson wrote:

(snip)

When a vegan / animal rights types uses information, disinformation,
half trueths, and propaganda to discourage others from consuming
animal products who do you think it is who suffers? The large farm
with huge amounts of capital behind them that allow them to take the
resulting lower prices or the small family farmer who is operating
under slim margins already?

Face it, lady, small livestock producers can't out compete corporate
farms for cheap meat. That's not the fault of vegans. You can either
cave in and do contract work for the packers or you can go for the niche
market of humanely-raised, pastured livestock. Have you certified your
farm with the Humane Farming Association?

(snip)

Old 28-12-2003, 08:47 PM
the q

Snip

Since when does the small farmer giles do anything other then for
themselves?

*** Well as I have said I am not a native speaker of english and I do not
know what "giles" means.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, Wi USA

Giles is just an English surname, and "Farmer Giles" is an old expression
referring to any farmer still using "old fashioned" ways..

The Q

KFC is a sleazy marketer Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 105 18-08-2008 03:41 PM
Tasteless apples - Doug K Nancy Young General Cooking 14 17-11-2005 01:57 AM
tasteless apples rmg General Cooking 25 28-10-2005 09:33 PM
Tasteless ingredients Daisy General Cooking 29 25-10-2004 09:27 AM
tasteless acid ? William R. Watt Preserving 16 26-09-2004 02:41 AM