Beach Runner

Default Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as ever

Elle Mathews wrote:

>Beach Runner > wrote in message om>...
>

>>Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
>>with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
>>bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
>>the exact opposite message.
>>

>Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
>Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will. I'm a
>supportive member. Do you really have any data to support your
>position? I think not.

There are tremendous amounts of data on marketing and sales. Dale
Carnigie's book, the classic
is the best start there is in how to persuade people. The basic rule is
"avoid the acute angle".
Most of Peta's goals I agree with.

I happen to think we need to keep our priorities in order, and the most
important goal
is to protect habitate so to preserve species and diversity. A world
where more people
are mostly vegetarians does more to protect animals than 1 holier than
thou vegan.
If Pritikin got 100 people to reduce their animal consumption 25% that
adds up to a lot
more good than 1 vegan.

I also know that people thinking vegetarians are crazy is not good for a
movement based
on logic and reasoning. With logic and reasoning, science the world can
make vast improvents.

Bob