Rubystars

Default PETA,

"Rat & Swan" > wrote in message

> Rubystars wrote:
>
> > "Offbreed" > wrote in message
> > om...

> <snip>
> >>
> >>If you think about what they advocate, they are pushing for the end of
> >>all human/nonhuman interaction. This allows them to constantly move
> >>the goalposts.

> > Yes, they don't want people to keep pets, go to zoos, or anything else

that
> > would allow humans to interact with animals.

> Not keeping "pets" (or actually, companion animals) is a long-term goal,
> not anything that is going to happen any time soon.

So why do they give exotics owners such a hard time?

>But this shows the
> poverty of imagination non-ARAs have: you can only imagine humans
> interacting with animals in ways that dominate and control them.

I feel that animals contribute a lot to our society and we need to use them
in order for society to keep on functioning. I think that humans have a duty
to treat animals humanely though.

>I can
> think of many ways to interact with animals on terms of mutual freedom.
> So can PETA (of which I am a long-term member, since 1984).

What are some of the ways you're thinking of? Bird watching? That's not
interaction, its watching from far away with binoculars.

> They probably wish humans would
> > go extinct.

> Why? Humans are an animal species, too, and worth preserving in the
> right situations.

What are those "right situations?"

> >>With such "liberal" movements, the issue addressed is not the issue
> >>actually persued. The issue actually persued is power.

> Yes the issue is power, the power of humans over other creatures.
> The ultimate goal of PETA is to eliminate such power, voluntarily
> give up power. The human-dominationists can't imagine such a
> thing, so they invent all sorts of sinister conspiracies on the
> part of their opponents.

It's pretty sinister to turn children against their parents, wouldn't you
agree?

> >>Note how what they demand cannot be attained without the imposition >of
> >>a totalitarian government?

> Of course it can. You're projecting again.

How can you stop people from using animals if you don't institute
totalitarianism? People aren't going to stop on their own. If they would,
there would be little need for PETA.

<snip>

-Rubystars