Jonathan Ball

Default Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as ever

Vegetarian Virgin Mary Ad Riles Boston Church

BOSTON (Reuters) - The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of
Boston Tuesday demanded the removal of an animal rights
group's billboard advertisement depicting the Virgin
Mary cradling a lifeless chicken in her arms.

The ad by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
features the tagline "Go Vegetarian -- It's an
Immaculate Conception," a reference to teachings about
Mary's purity.

http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/n...40920000245585

Rubystars

"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Vegetarian Virgin Mary Ad Riles Boston Church
>
> BOSTON (Reuters) - The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of
> Boston Tuesday demanded the removal of an animal rights
> group's billboard advertisement depicting the Virgin
> Mary cradling a lifeless chicken in her arms.
>
> The ad by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
> features the tagline "Go Vegetarian -- It's an
> Immaculate Conception," a reference to teachings about
> Mary's purity.

http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/n...40920000245585

Blasphemy. Disgusting.

-Rubystars

Beach Runner

Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
the exact opposite message.

They should all sit down and read Dale Carnigies
"How to win friends and influence people". and help the vegan movement
a lot more.

Sad.

Rubystars wrote:

>"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

>>Vegetarian Virgin Mary Ad Riles Boston Church
>>
>>BOSTON (Reuters) - The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of
>>Boston Tuesday demanded the removal of an animal rights
>>group's billboard advertisement depicting the Virgin
>>Mary cradling a lifeless chicken in her arms.
>>
>>The ad by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
>>features the tagline "Go Vegetarian -- It's an
>>Immaculate Conception," a reference to teachings about
>>Mary's purity.
>>

>http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/n...40920000245585
>

>Blasphemy. Disgusting.
>
>-Rubystars

Rubystars

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
m...
> Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
> with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
> bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
> the exact opposite message.

I agree. Did you also see the "Mommy kills animals" comic from PETA with the
graphic picture of the skinned animal in it? It told kids to keep their dogs
and cats away from mommy because she might kill them.

> They should all sit down and read Dale Carnigies
> "How to win friends and influence people". and help the vegan movement
> a lot more.

What exactly is the "vegan movement?" Most of what I see promoted by vegans
is the "pigs are equal to humans" stuff that PETA promotes. So I'm not sure
if there is a better side to it or not.

> Sad.

Yeah it is sad. IMO they'd do much better to actually donate the money they
spend on those offensive ads to an animal shelter or animal sanctuary or
rescue group.

-Rubystars

frlpwr

Rubystars wrote:

> "Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > Vegetarian Virgin Mary Ad Riles Boston Church
> >
> > BOSTON (Reuters) - The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of
> > Boston Tuesday demanded the removal of an animal rights
> > group's billboard advertisement depicting the Virgin
> > Mary cradling a lifeless chicken in her arms.
> >
> > The ad by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
> > features the tagline "Go Vegetarian -- It's an
> > Immaculate Conception," a reference to teachings about
> > Mary's purity.
> >

> http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/n...40920000245585
> >

> Blasphemy. Disgusting.

What's "blasphemy"? The suggestion that the alleged Mother of God might
offer succor to a lowly chicken? What's "disgusting" is that Catholics
would take offense at the idea.

> -Rubystars

frlpwr

Beach Runner wrote:

> Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
> with acts like that.

Why should it hurt the animal rights cause to remind Catholics that
chickens are also children of god? Or are they? Maybe the Catholic God
doesn't give a lowdown shit about chickens. Is that what you think?

> It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a bunch of > insensitive,

Why should Catholics be offended by the image of a Catholic icon in an
act of kindness to animals?

> insane,

Is it "insane" to imagine that a Catholic representation of love and
nurture would love and nurture animals as well as people? If it is,
it's "insane" to consider Catholicism a loving religion.

> immature people.

Hardly. PETA, once agian, proves itself a masterful manipulator of
media. Who else can garner international attention with a couple of
cheap billboards?

> We should be projecting the exact opposite message.

Speak for yourself, please.

> They should all sit down and read Dale Carnigies
> "How to win friends and influence people". and help the vegan movement
> a lot more.

Thanks for the laugh.

Dutch

"frlpwr" > wrote in message ...
> Rubystars wrote:

http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/n...40920000245585

> > Blasphemy. Disgusting.

> What's "blasphemy"? The suggestion that the alleged Mother of God might
> offer succor to a lowly chicken? What's "disgusting" is that Catholics
> would take offense at the idea.

Roman Catholics are offended that someone can be even more self-righteous
than they are.

Here's the poster btw http://www.jesusveg.com/Marychickenbb.pdf

Rubystars

"Dutch" > wrote in message
> "frlpwr" > wrote in message

> > Rubystars wrote:

http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/n...40920000245585

> > > Blasphemy. Disgusting.

> > What's "blasphemy"? The suggestion that the alleged Mother of God might
> > offer succor to a lowly chicken? What's "disgusting" is that Catholics
> > would take offense at the idea.

> Roman Catholics are offended that someone can be even more self-righteous
> than they are.
>
> Here's the poster btw http://www.jesusveg.com/Marychickenbb.pdf

I'm non-denom and I find that poster disgusting because it puts a chicken in
the place of Jesus Christ. Also that it uses the image of his mother
(someone all Christians should feel great respect for) to prop up a wacky
political philosophy.

-Rubystars

Bob Yates

frlpwr wrote:
> What's "blasphemy"? The suggestion that the alleged Mother of God might
> offer succor to a lowly chicken? What's "disgusting" is that Catholics
> would take offense at the idea.

As you seem to be a non-native speaker of English, maybe a brief lesson
is in order.

The phase "offer succor" is used to mean offering support and comfort to
the living. Therefore it is impossible to "offer succor" to a dead
chicken, it would be possible to use the chicken to "offer succor" to
the living, maybe in a nice chicken soup. Maybe that is it! PETA wants
everyone to go out and make chicken soup, it is supposed to be good for
colds and other winter ails. Everyone go out and support PETA, here is
a Jewish recipe for Chicken Soup and Matzoth Balls. Remember kill a
chicken for PETA, it's what they want.

NANCY'S HOMEMADE JEWISH CHICKEN SOUP
Good for What Ails You

Ingredients

1 chicken, at least 3 - 4 pounds, cut up into 8 or 9 pieces
1 tablespoon of salt, more to taste
some pepper
bunch of parsley
bunch of dill
bunch of celery
1 ½ - 2 pounds of carrots
1 ½ - 2 pounds of onions
2 or 3 parsnips are nice too, but not required
lots of water

Directions

1. Put cleaned chicken in the bottom of a large pot.

2. Cover the chicken with water and add salt. Your pot should be less
than two-thirds full.

3. Bring to a full boil over high heat. Skim off any foam that may
develop, preferably into a fat skimmer. Throw out the foam, but put the
water back into the soup pot.

4. Add the pepper and all the parsley and dill. Also add the heart, the
leaves, and a few stalks of the celery.

5. Cut about ¼ of the carrots & onions into chunks. Also one of the
parsnips if you're using them.

6. Add the chopped carrots, etc.

7. Slowly boil all this for as long as you can bear it. Three hours is
ideal. Two will do. Add extra water as needed to keep the pot around
two-thirds full. If you have a fat skimmer, repeatedly skim off the fat
that comes to the top. If you don't, before the soup can be eaten,
you'll have to leave it in the refrigerator for quite some time
(probably over night), until the fat on top solidifies and can be lifted
off. If you have no room in the fridge, the trunk of your car will work,
assuming it's cold outside.

8. After the stock has cooked for two to three hours, turn off the heat.
Then carefully remove everything from the liquid, placing it all in a
colander that's sitting in a big bowl. The stock should go back into the
soup pot. The chicken, vegetables, and herbs should be left to cool for
about half an hour.

9. In the meantime, dice up lots of celery and the remaining carrots and
onions. Parsnips too, if you're using them. If you're going to make
matzoth balls, prepare and refrigerate them -- batter recipe follows.

10. Bring the soup back to a boil and add the chopped vegetables. Cook
for about half an hour more. At the same time, add pieces of chicken to
the pot, completely boning the chicken as you go along. (The vegetables
used in making the stock can be eaten as is, chopped and added to the
soup, put in your compost pile, or just thrown out.)

11. Check the seasoning. You'll probably want to add more salt and
pepper. Then add the matzoth balls and cover the pot.

12. Turn the matzoth balls occasionally, and cook for another 30 minutes
or so. The soup will be delicious its first day - and better the next.
Store any leftover soup in the refrigerator. I store it right in the
pot.

Matzoth Balls

These are delicious, not required, and certainly the least healthy part
of the soup. You can use noodles or rice instead. If you do go for the
matzoth balls, cook them separately and add to each bowl as you serve.
Since the soup is so thick, it's also fine without a starch.

Ingredients

4 tablespoons of melted chicken fat (or use vegetable oil to cut down on
cholesterol)
4 large eggs (I use jumbos)
1 cup matzoth meal (Add ¼ cup more if you like them hard; use ¼ cup less
for airy balls. We prefer the harder ones.)
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons of soup stock

Directions

1. Beat the eggs slightly and then add the fat. Mix well.

2. Add the matzoth meal and the salt. Mix well.

3. Add the soup stock. Again mix well.

4. Refrigerate for ½ hour or more.

5. About 45 minutes before the soup is to be served, form little matzoth
balls and drop them into the pot of boiling water. You should end up
with about 8 to 10 balls. Keep the pot covered as the matzoth balls
cook, and turn them a couple of times.
frlpwr

Bob Yates wrote:

(snip)

> The phase "offer succor" is used to mean offering support and comfort > to the living. Therefore it is impossible to "offer succor" to a dead
> chicken,

How do you know the chicken is dead? Maybe it's in a coma. Or, since
we're delving into the world of the miraculous, maybe the dead chicken
is about to become reanimated.

> it would be possible to use the chicken to "offer succor" to
> the living, maybe in a nice chicken soup.

Are you the same guy who nominated People Eating Tasty Animals as the
Joke of the Year? I'm beginning to think there is a close connection
between meat-eating and unoriginality.

Karl Hungus

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
m...

> Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
> with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
> bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
> the exact opposite message.
>
> They should all sit down and read Dale Carnigies
> "How to win friends and influence people". and help the vegan movement
> a lot more.

Groups like PETA would like to use the force of law--the point of a gun, in
other words--to force us all to acquiesce to their ideal: a meat-free
society. Dale Carnegie isn't going to help you sugarcoat that.

Bob Yates

frlpwr wrote:

> Bob Yates wrote:
> > The phase "offer succor" is used to mean offering support and comfort > to the living. Therefore it is impossible to "offer succor" to a dead
> > chicken,

> How do you know the chicken is dead? Maybe it's in a coma. Or, since
> we're delving into the world of the miraculous, maybe the dead chicken
> is about to become reanimated.

Oh, I am sorry, I thought that you had been reading the thread, the
message that you replied to said "lifeless" which would tend to imply
dead to a native speaker of English.

> > it would be possible to use the chicken to "offer succor" to
> > the living, maybe in a nice chicken soup.

> Are you the same guy who nominated People Eating Tasty Animals as the
> Joke of the Year? I'm beginning to think there is a close connection
> between meat-eating and unoriginality.

No relationship to any joke nomination. I had no intention of being
original, just applying a rational interpretation to the poster from
PETA. Maybe we should continue in your native language, I have friends
and relatives that speak a variety of non-Engligh languages.
Dutch

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Dutch" > wrote in message
> > "frlpwr" > wrote in message

> > > Rubystars wrote:

http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/n...40920000245585

> > > What's "blasphemy"? The suggestion that the alleged Mother of God

might
> > > offer succor to a lowly chicken? What's "disgusting" is that

Catholics
> > > would take offense at the idea.

> > Roman Catholics are offended that someone can be even more

self-righteous
> > than they are.
> >
> > Here's the poster btw http://www.jesusveg.com/Marychickenbb.pdf

> I'm non-denom and I find that poster disgusting because it puts a chicken

in
> the place of Jesus Christ. Also that it uses the image of his mother
> (someone all Christians should feel great respect for) to prop up a wacky
> political philosophy.

Until Roman Catholics get their kiddie-diddler priesthood under control they
have a nerve criticizing anyone.

Rubystars

"Dutch" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Until Roman Catholics get their kiddie-diddler priesthood under control

they
> have a nerve criticizing anyone.

Now Dutch I agree that there was a large scandal there but I still have alot
of respect for priests and nuns who are serious about dedicating their life
to serving God and their fellow believers. I have some family members who
were molested by protestant ministers. In fact there are probably more
protestant ministers who do this kind of thing simply because there are so
many of them and many of them have less hierarchy to answer to (that's where
the problem was with the RCC, the hierarchy that was in place failed to hold
the priests accountable).

The PETA ad offended me because as a Christian I hold Mary in high regard as
being the mother of Jesus and the first Christian, and Jesus as my Savior,
and I hate seing their images profaned like that.

-Rubystars

Rat & Swan

Default Mary and the Miraculous Chicken

frlpwr wrote:
> Bob Yates wrote:
>
> (snip)
>
>>The phase "offer succor" is used to mean offering support and comfort > to the living. Therefore it is impossible to "offer succor" to a dead
>>chicken,

> How do you know the chicken is dead? Maybe it's in a coma. Or, since
> we're delving into the world of the miraculous, maybe the dead chicken
> is about to become reanimated.

Now THERE's a cool idea! If people can see the face of Jesus
in a tortilla, why not a miracle to bring an abused chicken
back to life? Go for it, Mary!

Rat
<snip>

Beach Runner

That is an excellent question. The end of factory farming animals,
people eating
animals, protecting the environment, and perhaps most important,
PROTECTING HABITAT. The number one thing destroying natural life is the
destruction of habitat.

I'm not a Christian, but I know 99% of Christians will find the ad
offensive, even
if they care about animals.

They could say, Mother Mary would care about animals and the world, and
make similar
statements. Their standard answer is a Catholic thought up the ad.
That is the same
justification they used when their horrible Holocaust ad was used. All
it did was create
animosity and I doubt it created one "convert" to someone that wasn't
already a vegetarian

Peta could and has done a lot of good, but they are making some
horrendous mistakes.
They need to understand marketing 101 if they want to promote their
ideals. It makes
them seem rude, crazy, and lacking sensativity, the exact opposite
message I would hope to promote.

Just remember, the most important part of the picture is we want to make
animals lives
better and protect natural habitat. That won't offend anyone. Say it
nicely.

Bob

frlpwr

Bob Yates wrote:

> frlpwr wrote:

(snip)

> Oh, I am sorry, I thought that you had been reading the thread, the
> message that you replied to said "lifeless" which would tend to imply
> dead to a native speaker of English.

Never trust Reuters to double check the facts. I took a closer look at
the chicken poster and it's clear the poor bird is suffering from bad
juju. Cheap ass chicken farmers and their contaminated puffer fish
feed.

If the Virgin can spare a kind touch, the zombie bird could Rise and
Walk.

(snip)

> I had no intention of being original,

A good thing, too. You're not up to it.

(snip)

> I have friends and relatives that speak a variety of non-Engligh
> languages.

They're only pretending to speak other languages so they don't have to
talk to you.

Rubystars

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Just remember, the most important part of the picture is we want to make
> animals lives
> better and protect natural habitat. That won't offend anyone. Say it
> nicely.

These are worthy goals. PETA intends to do much more than that though, they
intend to end all animal use, not just abuse.

-Rubystars

Michael Saunby

"Rubystars" > wrote in message

> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
> <snip>
> > Just remember, the most important part of the picture is we want to

make
> > animals lives
> > better and protect natural habitat. That won't offend anyone. Say it
> > nicely.

> These are worthy goals. PETA intends to do much more than that though,

they
> intend to end all animal use, not just abuse.

Of course, and their advertising is clearly aimed at their existing and
future membership, not the general public. PETA and organisations like it
exist to meet a need that bored white urban middle class youngsters have to
belong to an oppressed group, because it seems trendy to be an anarchist.
They see others minorities apparently enjoying their anger with the
establishment and want to do something similar.

Michael Saunby

Elle Mathews

Beach Runner > wrote in message om>...
> Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
> with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
> bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
> the exact opposite message.

Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will. I'm a
supportive member. Do you really have any data to support your
position? I think not.

Rubystars

"Elle Mathews" > wrote in message
om...
> Beach Runner > wrote in message

om>...
> > Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
> > with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
> > bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
> > the exact opposite message.

> Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
> Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will. I'm a
> supportive member. Do you really have any data to support your
> position? I think not.

Are you aware that they support terrorist organizations?

-Rubystars

Michael Saunby

"Elle Mathews" > wrote in message
om...
> Beach Runner > wrote in message

om>...
> > Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
> > with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
> > bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
> > the exact opposite message.

> Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
> Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will. I'm a
> supportive member. Do you really have any data to support your
> position? I think not.

It probably does harm the very many people who choose to declare themselves
to be vegetarian for ethical reasons. Such behavior is clearly non violent
in nature and makes no great demands of others. Proselytizing vegans like
PETA may not all be violent but they clearly aren't simply prepared to
abstain from meat but wish to fight some kind of war in order to change the
world to fit the ideals of their charismatic cult leaders

Though just as the activists see the damage done by releasing mink or
similar into the wild as a necessary loss of animal life to further their
cause (just as those who use animals for medical research see a greater
purpose in their actions) then I guess the loss of esteem for vegetarians
in general is seen as a reasonable price to pay.

A simple google search on "militant vegan" or "anarchist vegan" (or similar
with vegetarian) shows there are a lot of angry teenagers out there that
have chosen veganism as their personal cause (until such time as they die
or get a job).

Michael Saunby

Jonathan Ball

Elle Mathews wrote:
> Beach Runner > wrote in message om>...
>
>>Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
>>with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
>>bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
>>the exact opposite message.

> Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.

No, it isn't nonsense. It might be incorrect - I don't
know how anyone would tell for sure - but it isn't
nonsense.

They could do more harm than good, to their cause, if
their gratuitously offensive and antagonistic publicity
stunts turned off some people who are on the fence, so
to speak.

Personally, I LIKE that they might be doing more harm
than good. I consider them to be irrational extremists
whose point of view, but not the people themselves, is
slightly dangerous. Fortunately, because they are far
more the object of derision and contempt than anything
else, no one takes them really seriously.

> Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will.

You are a fool.

> I'm a supportive member.

And a fool.

> Do you really have any data to support your
> position? I think not.

Thighbone Lee Jackson

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
> wrote:

>"Elle Mathews" > wrote in message
. com...

. com>...

From: "Michael Saunby" >
Subject: Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as
ever
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000
Path:uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!news-FFM2.ecrc.net!kibo.news.demon.net!demon!mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com!mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com

Looks like mike is getting ready to find a new ISP, why mike?

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.801% richest people in the world.
There are 5,951,930,035 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 48,069,965
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

---------------------------------------

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.
Michael Saunby

"Thighbone Lee Jackson" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
> > wrote:
>

> From: "Michael Saunby" >
> Subject: Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as
> ever
> Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000

Path:uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!news-FFM2.ecrc.net!kibo.news.demon.net!demo
n!mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com!mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com

> Looks like mike is getting ready to find a new ISP, why mike?

And it look like Peter Clark/Hills (JudgeDred, Ratchet, Mbongo) of Animal
Aid UK doesn't think it will necessarily be in his best interests. Why
would that be Peter?

Though perhaps it has nothing at all to do with the Animal Aid and their
usenet stalker/email-bombers, and more to do with other stuff. Let's see
eh Peter?

Why not send a few complaints about my posts to my "new" ISP and see what
happens. Good luck.

Michael Saunby

Russ Thompson

Default Give me a break!

Beach Runner said in responce to the question:
"What exactly is the "vegan movement?"

> That is an excellent question. The end of factory farming animals,

*** What a load of manure. Vegans and animal rights types are certainly NOT
aginst "factory farming". The fact that it is the small family farmers that
they are assising to put out of business first should make this obvious to
any reasonable person.
The fact is that the number of small family farms such as ours decreases
every years and the number of large farms increases every year. The vegan /
animal rights crowd are helping to speed this process up
When a vegan / animal rights types uses information, disinformation,
half trueths, and propaganda to discourage others from consuming animal
products who do you think it is who suffers? The large farm with huge
amounts of capital behind them that allow them to take the resulting lower
prices or the small family farmer who is operating under slim margins
already?
The interesting thing is that if the vegan / animal rights types where
actually interested in getting rid of "factory farming" they would find a
lot of support and allies among the small family farmers. In fact the anti
"factory farm" retoric from each group sounds about the same.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, Wi

Thighbone Lee Jackson

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:29:51 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
> wrote:

>"Thighbone Lee Jackson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> From: "Michael Saunby" >
>> Subject: Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as
>> ever
>> Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000
>>

>Path:uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!news-FFM2.ecrc.net!kibo.news.demon.net!demo
>n!mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com!mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com
>>

>> Looks like mike is getting ready to find a new ISP, why mike?
>>

>And it look like Peter Clark/Hills (JudgeDred, Ratchet, Mbongo) of Animal
>Aid UK doesn't think it will necessarily be in his best interests.

Best interests to do what?

>Why
>would that be Peter?

New home, new job, may as well have a new ISP too...good idea michael.

Pete whom?

>Though perhaps it has nothing at all to do with the Animal Aid and their
>usenet stalker/email-bombers, and more to do with other stuff. Let's see
>eh Peter?

Pardon? how long have you been drinking today?

>Why not send a few complaints about my posts to my "new" ISP and see what
>happens. Good luck.

Why would anyone want to do that?, bad enough getting dumped by demon,
they dump nobody usually, even pedo's are safe with them, so you must
have been bad, bad, bad. come on tell us what you been upto?

after all it is christmas ho ho ho.

[...]

Thighbone Lee Jackson

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:35:07 -0600, "Russ Thompson" >
wrote:

>Beach Runner said in responce to the question:
>"What exactly is the "vegan movement?"
>
>> That is an excellent question. The end of factory farming animals,

>*** What a load of manure. Vegans and animal rights types are certainly NOT
>aginst "factory farming". The fact that it is the small family farmers that
>they are assising to put out of business first should make this obvious to
>any reasonable person.
> The fact is that the number of small family farms such as ours decreases
>every years and the number of large farms increases every year. The vegan /
>animal rights crowd are helping to speed this process up
> When a vegan / animal rights types uses information, disinformation,
>half trueths, and propaganda to discourage others from consuming animal
>products who do you think it is who suffers? The large farm with huge
>amounts of capital behind them that allow them to take the resulting lower
>prices or the small family farmer who is operating under slim margins
>already?
> The interesting thing is that if the vegan / animal rights types where
>actually interested in getting rid of "factory farming" they would find a
>lot of support and allies among the small family farmers. In fact the anti
>"factory farm" retoric from each group sounds about the same.
>
>Kala Thompson
>Farmer
>Richland Center, Wi

Make a new year resolution to try and not sound so stupid next year.

Since when does the small farmer giles do anything other then for
themselves?

[...]

Thighbone Lee Jackson

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:29:51 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
> wrote:

>"Thighbone Lee Jackson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> From: "Michael Saunby" >
>> Subject: Sleazy PETA, gratuitously provocative and tasteless as
>> ever
>> Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:15:14 -0000
>>

>Path:uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!news-FFM2.ecrc.net!kibo.news.demon.net!demo
>n!mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com!mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com
>>

>> Looks like mike is getting ready to find a new ISP, why mike?
>>

>And it look like Peter Clark/Hills (JudgeDred, Ratchet, Mbongo)

Cant make your mind up now michael? bwahahahahahahaha do you just
throw darts at the phonebook or worse do you get RSPB marksmen to do
it for you! lol

Come and join our gang we'll educate you, feed you and show you how
it's done.

[...]

Russ Thompson

> Make a new year resolution to try and not sound so stupid next year.

*** Ah yes, the standard responce for those who are unable to make a
reasonable argument - resort to personal insults.

> Since when does the small farmer giles do anything other then for
> themselves?

*** Well as I have said I am not a native speaker of english and I do not
know what "giles" means.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, Wi USA

rick etter

"Elle Mathews" > wrote in message
om...
> Beach Runner > wrote in message

om>...
> > Well, I think Peta does more to hurt the vegetarian/vegan movement
> > with acts like that. It's sad, but it makes vegetarians look like a
> > bunch of insensitive, insane, immature people. We should be projecting
> > the exact opposite message.

> Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
> Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will. I'm a
> supportive member. Do you really have any data to support your
> position? I think not.

======================
ROTFLMAO What a hoot! PeTA kills more animals than it saves once they get
their bloody hands on them!
The 'e' isn't lower case for nothing, you know. Well, maybe you don't know,
being the ignorant dupe that you are. PeTA loves getting their claws into
rubes like you...

Thighbone Lee Jackson

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:00:12 -0600, "Russ Thompson" >
wrote:

>> Make a new year resolution to try and not sound so stupid next year.

>*** Ah yes, the standard responce for those who are unable to make a
>reasonable argument - resort to personal insults.

Don't be silly, it's not personal it applies to all of you.

>> Since when does the small farmer giles do anything other then for
>> themselves?

>*** Well as I have said I am not a native speaker of english and I do not
>know what "giles" means.

OK so drop it then.

Since when does the small farmer do anything other then for
[...]

Russ Thompson

> Don't be silly, it's not personal it applies to all of you.

*** You said that I sounded stupid - translation "I have no real counter
point or intelligent discussion to offer so I will resort to insulting
remarks".

> Since when does the small farmer do anything other then for
> themselves?

*** Since the first person became a farmer. To ask a question like that I am
going to guess that you simply don't know any farmers. I also have no idea
what that question has to do with the point I was trying to make.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, Wi USA

Thighbone Lee Jackson

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:41:03 -0600, "Russ Thompson" >
wrote:

>> Don't be silly, it's not personal it applies to all of you.
>>

>*** You said that I sounded stupid - translation "I have no real counter
>point or intelligent discussion to offer so I will resort to insulting
>remarks".

Well why didn't you say so in the first place, we guessed as much.

>> Since when does the small farmer do anything other then for
>> themselves?

>*** Since the first person became a farmer. To ask a question like that I am
>going to guess that you simply don't know any farmers. I also have no idea
>what that question has to do with the point I was trying to make.

You had a point?

[...]

Bob Yates

frlpwr wrote:
> Never trust Reuters to double check the facts. I took a closer look at
> the chicken poster and it's clear the poor bird is suffering from bad
> juju. Cheap ass chicken farmers and their contaminated puffer fish
> feed.

More likely the bad juju is coming from the shock of being in contact
with PETA. The chicken farms I have seen all have active birds or dead
birds, no middle ground.

> If the Virgin can spare a kind touch, the zombie bird could Rise and
> Walk.

That was the Son's trick, don't recall the Mother doing anything like
that.

> > I had no intention of being original,

> A good thing, too. You're not up to it.

Sounds like a pre-programmed response from automaton, very superficial.

> > I have friends and relatives that speak a variety of non-Engligh
> > languages.

> They're only pretending to speak other languages so they don't have to
> talk to you.

If so it backfired, they are now trying to teach me. Ends up with them
talking to me more. Oh, that is what people do to you to avoid talking
to you. Again you have my condolences.

Offbreed

"Rubystars" > wrote in message m>...

> These are worthy goals. PETA intends to do much more than that though, they
> intend to end all animal use, not just abuse.

If you think about what they advocate, they are pushing for the end of
all human/nonhuman interaction. This allows them to constantly move
the goalposts.

With such "liberal" movements, the issue addressed is not the issue
actually persued. The issue actually persued is power.

Note how what they demand cannot be attained without the imposition of
a totalitarian government? They are not "liberal" in anything except
in throwing around demands that others do as they say.

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:35:07 -0600, "Russ Thompson" > wrote:

>Beach Runner said in responce to the question:
>"What exactly is the "vegan movement?"
>
>> That is an excellent question. The end of factory farming animals,

>*** What a load of manure. Vegans and animal rights types are certainly NOT
>aginst "factory farming". The fact that it is the small family farmers that
>they are assising to put out of business first should make this obvious to
>any reasonable person.
> The fact is that the number of small family farms such as ours decreases
>every years and the number of large farms increases every year. The vegan /
>animal rights crowd are helping to speed this process up
> When a vegan / animal rights types uses information, disinformation,
>half trueths, and propaganda to discourage others from consuming animal
>products who do you think it is who suffers? The large farm with huge
>amounts of capital behind them that allow them to take the resulting lower
>prices or the small family farmer who is operating under slim margins
>already?
> The interesting thing is that if the vegan / animal rights types where
>actually interested in getting rid of "factory farming" they would find a
>lot of support and allies among the small family farmers. In fact the anti
>"factory farm" retoric from each group sounds about the same.
>
>Kala Thompson
>Farmer
>Richland Center, Wi

They are opposed to seeing the fact pointed out that some types of
meat involve less animal deaths than some types of veggies. That alone
is enough to show that they don't really care about human influence on
animals. All they appear to care about is promoting veg*nism, and there's
no doubt that veg*nism does nothing to promote better lives for animals
raised for food.
Rubystars

"Offbreed" > wrote in message
om...
> "Rubystars" > wrote in message

m>...

> > These are worthy goals. PETA intends to do much more than that though,

they
> > intend to end all animal use, not just abuse.

> If you think about what they advocate, they are pushing for the end of
> all human/nonhuman interaction. This allows them to constantly move
> the goalposts.

Yes, they don't want people to keep pets, go to zoos, or anything else that
would allow humans to interact with animals. They probably wish humans would
go extinct.

> With such "liberal" movements, the issue addressed is not the issue
> actually persued. The issue actually persued is power.
> Note how what they demand cannot be attained without the imposition of
> a totalitarian government? They are not "liberal" in anything except
> in throwing around demands that others do as they say.

Yes, that's true.

-Rubystars

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:19:21 +0000, Thighbone Lee Jackson > wrote:

>On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:00:12 -0600, "Russ Thompson" >
>wrote:
>

>>> Make a new year resolution to try and not sound so stupid next year.

>>*** Ah yes, the standard responce for those who are unable to make a
>>reasonable argument - resort to personal insults.

>Don't be silly, it's not personal it applies to all of you.

So far you sound a lot more stupid than he does.

>>> Since when does the small farmer giles do anything other then for
>>> themselves?

>>*** Well as I have said I am not a native speaker of english and I do not
>>know what "giles" means.

>OK so drop it then.
>
>Since when does the small farmer do anything other then for
>themselves?

You can't think of anything they do to help others? Some of them
even provide decent lives for farm animals, not that you veg*ns would
ever want to promote something like that.
Offbreed

(Elle Mathews) wrote in message . com>...

> Please, that's nonsense to suggest that PETA does more harm than good.
> Can you offer anything better. Personally, they're in my will.

Considering that PeTA has no objections to euthenasia to relieve
overcrowding at the Aspin Hill animal "sanctuary" (over crowding and
diseased conditions created by PeTA getting their hands on more
animals than they can take care of, BTW), Ingrid Newkirk's position
that there is no real difference between humans and animals, and how
PeTA does not spend any money on animals, I'd be very nervous about
admitting any such thing; after all, they believe that humanity has
over populated the planet. In fact, I'd get a CCW and start packing.
Also, get burgler and fire alarms (considering how many fires and
break-ins the ARA's are involved in).

"People for the ethical (sic) Treatment of Animals"? Do you remember
this statement by PETA co-founder and president Ingrid Newkirk wishing
that hoof and mouth disease outbreak would occur in the US?

> I'm a supportive member.

No, you are NOT a member. In 1987, PeTA's three-member board of
directors (Newkirk, Pacheco, and Kim Stallwood) voted themselves the
only "members" of the organization. By doing so, they converted their
"members" into customer/contributors and themselves into a
multimillion-dollar partnership.

You are a sucker, not a member.

There is a good deal more to the subject. I suggest "Animal Scam", by
Kathleen Marquardt with Herbet M. Levine and Mark LaRochelle. ISBN
O-89526-498-6 Just for starters.

KFC is a sleazy marketer Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 105 18-08-2008 03:41 PM
Tasteless apples - Doug K Nancy Young General Cooking 14 17-11-2005 01:57 AM
tasteless apples rmg General Cooking 25 28-10-2005 09:33 PM
Tasteless ingredients Daisy General Cooking 29 25-10-2004 09:27 AM
tasteless acid ? William R. Watt Preserving 16 26-09-2004 02:41 AM