Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default KFC is a sleazy marketer

I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".

It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.

That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
parent company and dump the whole lot!

Lynn in Fargo
Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Lynn from Fargo wrote:

> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>
> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>
> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
> parent company and dump the whole lot!
>
> Lynn in Fargo
> Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.

I know my response isn't really about biscuits from KFC, but as a
potential alternative for KFC-anything, (some) grocery stores have
decent fried chicken in their deli sections, maybe biscuits too. For
instance, a local grocery store in my area has "chester's fried
chicken", and it's way ever so much better than any chicken from KFC
(IMNSHO!)! Then it's possible to just the honey one has at home, if
that's prefered -- not to mention real butter, too <G>. Hm, that gives
me an idea for tomorrow's dinner!!!

Sky, who rarely does KFC

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>
> Lynn in Fargo
> Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.

I'm not sure what you expected... but maybe you should check the ingredients
of the cole slaw, too

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in message
> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>
> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>
> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
> parent company and dump the whole lot!

When I've travelled I have been tempted by Popeye's. We don't really have
them around where I live. But they remind me of what KFC used to be when as
a kid my grandfather would take us out to one for some really good eats.
Back then that was real family food. Now KFC is about as vile crap as I can
think of.

Find a Popeye's.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 15, 11:50 pm, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".

Any time the named ingredient is followed or preceded by a modifier,
you _know_ it ain't gonna be pure whatever. Even Juicy Juice which is
"100% real fruit juice" doesn't tell you til you get to the 4-pt type
that it's apple juice and a dozen other bits and sorts of fruit juices
to make ti taste horrible (to an adult, of course).

> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
> parent company and dump the whole lot!
>
> Lynn in Fargo
> Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.

So?Buy their coleslaw and ignore the rest of the menu.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:00:46 -0400, Nina >
wrote:

> We don't eat there ever since we
>read the list.

That probably would eliminate ever eating out again.........at any
place.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>
> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>
> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
> parent company and dump the whole lot!
>
> Lynn in Fargo
> Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.

Spending a fortune telling everyone how good they are and then serving
mediocre industrial food is pretty much the standard procedure for big
box industrial food places. Were you expecting anything else?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".

Ersatz margarine? Margarine is ersatz butter.

> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>
> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
> parent company and dump the whole lot!

Maybe it was because I was a kid and thought any take out food was a
real treat, but back in the late 50s when I first had Kentucky Fried
Chicken it was pretty good. Within a decade it had gone downhill and
now I won't touch the stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 02:56:29 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
>> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
>> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
>> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>>
>> Lynn in Fargo
>> Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.

>I'm not sure what you expected... but maybe you should check the ingredients
>of the cole slaw, too

30+ years ago Louise worked in an old chain we had here called
"Chicken Unlimited." One of her duties was making the cole slaw. To
this day she won't eat cole slaw unless we make it. They mixed it
with their hands in big vats not wearing gloves. Nobody cared if they
washed their hands or not.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 02:45:36 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

>"Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in message
>> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
>> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
>> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>>
>> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
>> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
>> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
>> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
>> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>>
>> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
>> parent company and dump the whole lot!
>>

>When I've travelled I have been tempted by Popeye's. We don't really have
>them around where I live. But they remind me of what KFC used to be when as
>a kid my grandfather would take us out to one for some really good eats.
>Back then that was real family food. Now KFC is about as vile crap as I can
>think of.
>
>Find a Popeye's.

Popeye's is better but the local non-chain joints are best.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith said...

> Lynn from Fargo wrote:
>> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
>> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
>> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".

> Ersatz margarine? Margarine is ersatz butter.
>

>> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
>> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
>> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
>> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
>> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>>
>> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
>> parent company and dump the whole lot!

> Maybe it was because I was a kid and thought any take out food was a
> real treat, but back in the late 50s when I first had Kentucky Fried
> Chicken it was pretty good. Within a decade it had gone downhill and
> now I won't touch the stuff.

I haven't had KFC in 30 years. Maybe a half a dozen times prior in my life.
They are overpriced, greasy, garbage quality, high in sat-fat calories,
lazy, fast food.

Makes me wanna puke, just thinking about KFC.

If you eat KFC, you don't belong on r.f.c!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sky wrote:
> Lynn from Fargo wrote:
>>
>> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
>> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
>> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>>
>> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
>> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
>> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
>> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup,
>> Sugar, Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>>
>> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find
>> the parent company and dump the whole lot!
>>
>> Lynn in Fargo
>> Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.

> I know my response isn't really about biscuits from KFC, but as a
> potential alternative for KFC-anything, (some) grocery stores have
> decent fried chicken in their deli sections, maybe biscuits too. For
> instance, a local grocery store in my area has "chester's fried
> chicken", and it's way ever so much better than any chicken from KFC
> (IMNSHO!)! Then it's possible to just the honey one has at home, if
> that's prefered -- not to mention real butter, too <G>. Hm, that
> gives me an idea for tomorrow's dinner!!!
>
> Sky, who rarely does KFC

We don't do KFC, either. It's so expensive and so salty. If we want fried
chicken, we either make it at home or get the grocery store brand for just
about the same price that we can make at home.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in message
>> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
>> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
>> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>>
>> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
>> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
>> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
>> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup,
>> Sugar, Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>>
>> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find
>> the parent company and dump the whole lot!
>>

> When I've travelled I have been tempted by Popeye's. We don't really
> have them around where I live. But they remind me of what KFC used
> to be when as a kid my grandfather would take us out to one for some
> really good eats. Back then that was real family food. Now KFC is
> about as vile crap as I can think of.
>
> Find a Popeye's.
>
> Paul

I have a friend whose ex-fiance' was a manager of a KFC. There's no 11
herbs and spices in the recipe anymore. He claimed they used powdered
buttermilk, flour, salt & pepper. 4 ingredients. That's it.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo > wrote:

> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>
> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>
> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
> parent company and dump the whole lot!

And to think I get upset about cross-posters, when I could be saving
the world from cheap sauces.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 05:25:45 -0700 (PDT), maxine in ri wrote:

> On Aug 15, 11:50 pm, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
>> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
>> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
>> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".

> Any time the named ingredient is followed or preceded by a modifier,
> you _know_ it ain't gonna be pure whatever. Even Juicy Juice which is
> "100% real fruit juice" doesn't tell you til you get to the 4-pt type
> that it's apple juice and a dozen other bits and sorts of fruit juices
> to make ti taste horrible (to an adult, of course).
>

>> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
>> parent company and dump the whole lot!
>>
>> Lynn in Fargo
>> Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.

> So?Buy their coleslaw and ignore the rest of the menu.
>
> maxine in ri

or choke down the biscuit without the fake honey.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> I haven't had KFC in 30 years. Maybe a half a dozen times prior in my life.
> They are overpriced, greasy, garbage quality, high in sat-fat calories,
> lazy, fast food.
>
> Makes me wanna puke, just thinking about KFC.

That is pretty much the way I felt after the last two times I had the
stuff. I clearly remember getting a bucket of it when I was still dating
my wife and was disgusted with it. It was nothing like the stuff I had
had when I was younger and I felt ill after eating it. About ten years
ago I had another piece of it courtesy of someone who had brought some
for lunch........ greasy, horrible stuff. I haven't touched it since.

> If you eat KFC, you don't belong on r.f.c!

Only if you make a habit of it :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith said...

>> If you eat KFC, you don't belong on r.f.c!

> Only if you make a habit of it :-)

TRUE.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 15, 11:50 pm, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>
> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>
> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
> parent company and dump the whole lot!
>
> Lynn in Fargo
> Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to tell you it is not just KFC but a number of food
manufacturers are catching on to the fact that most American's don't
pay attention to what they are eating or buying. Please, the next
time you purchase dried herbs or spices, make sure they tell you what
is in them. I recently purchased some Gumbo File and it was cut with
thyme. Yeap, on the ingredients label, instead of saying sassafras
leaves, it said sassafras and thyme. Needless to say I did not
purchase it cause as any tried and true Gumbo maker knows that would
have altered the flavor of the Gumbo. What is the world coming to???

Denay
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Denay wrote:
> On Aug 15, 11:50 pm, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
>> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
>> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
>> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>>
>> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
>> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
>> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
>> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup,
>> Sugar, Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>>
>> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find
>> the parent company and dump the whole lot!
>>
>> Lynn in Fargo
>> Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.

> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I hate to tell you it is not just KFC but a number of food
> manufacturers are catching on to the fact that most American's don't
> pay attention to what they are eating or buying. Please, the next
> time you purchase dried herbs or spices, make sure they tell you what
> is in them. I recently purchased some Gumbo File and it was cut with
> thyme. Yeap, on the ingredients label, instead of saying sassafras
> leaves, it said sassafras and thyme. Needless to say I did not
> purchase it cause as any tried and true Gumbo maker knows that would
> have altered the flavor of the Gumbo. What is the world coming to???
>
> Denay

Use okra instead!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Andy wrote:

>> If you eat KFC, you don't belong on r.f.c!

> Only if you make a habit of it :-)

A few weeks ago I stopped at a KFC that is near an
amusement park. This is one busy place. I'll be darned,
the chicken was the way I remembered it years ago.
I was pleasantly surprised.

Regardless, it's my guilty pleasure, once in a blue moon
I have KFC.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:

> When I've travelled I have been tempted by Popeye's. We don't really have
> them around where I live. But they remind me of what KFC used to be when as
> a kid my grandfather would take us out to one for some really good eats.
> Back then that was real family food. Now KFC is about as vile crap as I can
> think of.
>
> Find a Popeye's.

We've loved Popeye's since our daughter worked there (her choice, not
ours) the summer she was 16. The quality varies quite a bit between
locations, however. The one 5 miles away is terrific. The closer one
never seems to change its oil lately and you can taste the evidence.
We've stopped patronizing that one.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 16, 2:56*am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
>
> > I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> > Today *I found a little packet of KFC honey. *But it's NOT honey.
> > It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".

> > Lynn in Fargo
> > Dammit. *I really like their coleslaw.

> I'm not sure what you expected... but maybe you should check the ingredients
> of the cole slaw, too
>
> Jill

Check the garbage ? I suspect the cole slaw comes from some large
distributing plant in large plastic pails or bags. They should have
the ingredients listed.

Just wear old clothes and try to look like a dumpster diver. Avoid
locations where you are likely to meet friends and family.

John Kane Kingston ON Canada
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in message
>> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
>> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
>> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>>
>> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
>> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
>> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
>> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
>> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>>
>> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
>> parent company and dump the whole lot!
>>

> When I've travelled I have been tempted by Popeye's. We don't really have
> them around where I live. But they remind me of what KFC used to be when
> as a kid my grandfather would take us out to one for some really good
> eats. Back then that was real family food. Now KFC is about as vile crap
> as I can think of.
>
> Find a Popeye's.
>
> Paul

Popeye's also has Honey Sauce.

Robert

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> We don't do KFC, either. It's so expensive and so salty. If we want fried
> chicken, we either make it at home or get the grocery store brand for just
> about the same price that we can make at home.

KFC is way too salty for me, too.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-08-16, Paul M. Cook > wrote:

> Back then that was real family food. Now KFC is about as vile crap as I can
> think of.
>
> Find a Popeye's.

Popeye's is not much better. I love their red beans and rice (which they
claim has won awards), but it is salty beyond belief. The LAST time I
patronized Popeye's, I ordered their collard greens, much to my distress,
literally. Never again.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:

> When I've travelled I have been tempted by Popeye's. We don't really have
> them around where I live. But they remind me of what KFC used to be when as
> a kid my grandfather would take us out to one for some really good eats.
> Back then that was real family food. Now KFC is about as vile crap as I can
> think of.
>
> Find a Popeye's.

All the Popeye's around here closed a little over a year ago. Some were
reopened as Church's.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-08-16, Denay > wrote:

> have altered the flavor of the Gumbo. What is the world coming to???

Zattarains -- crap in a box.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 16, 1:56*am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
>
> > I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> > Today *I found a little packet of KFC honey. *But it's NOT honey.
> > It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".

> > Lynn in Fargo
> > Dammit. *I really like their coleslaw.

> I'm not sure what you expected... but maybe you should check the ingredients
> of the cole slaw, too
>
> Jill

Thanks, Jill.
I've got that "Top Secret" recipe for KFC coleslaw
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 16, 4:45*am, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> "Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in ...
>
> > I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> > Today *I found a little packet of KFC honey. *But it's NOT honey.
> > It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".

> > It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
> > the label without great difficulty. *Under the word "Honey" in 36
> > point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
> > On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
> > Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.

> > That's it. *No more KFC for this family. *I'm gonna google to find the
> > parent company and dump the whole lot!

> When I've travelled I have been tempted by Popeye's. *We don't really have
> them around where I live. *But they remind me of what KFC used to be when as
> a kid my grandfather would take us out to one for some really good eats.
> Back then that was real family food. *Now KFC is about as vile crap as I can
> think of.
>
> Find a Popeye's.
>
> Paul

===============================
Sorry, no "Popeye's" within 500 miles. I ate at one once in South
Carolina. Loved it, especially the dirty rice.
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 16, 8:22*am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Dave Smith said...
>

> > Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> >> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> >> Today *I found a little packet of KFC honey. *But it's NOT honey.
> >> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".

> > Ersatz margarine? *Margarine is ersatz butter.

> >> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
> >> the label without great difficulty. *Under the word "Honey" in 36
> >> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
> >> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
> >> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.

> >> That's it. *No more KFC for this family. *I'm gonna google to find the
> >> parent company and dump the whole lot!

> > Maybe it was because I was a kid and thought any take out food was a
> > real treat, but back in the late 50s when I first had Kentucky Fried
> > Chicken it was pretty good. *Within a decade it had gone downhill and
> > now I won't touch the stuff.

> I haven't had KFC in 30 years. Maybe a half a dozen times prior in my life.
> They are overpriced, greasy, garbage quality, high in sat-fat calories,
> lazy, fast food.
>
> Makes me wanna puke, just thinking about KFC.
>
> If you eat KFC, you don't belong on r.f.c!
>
> Andy

==========================
Thanks so much, Andy. It's kind of you. I think I'll leave now.

Lynn in Fargo
Who thinks that if anybody will actually swallow a canned pea they
don't belong on the planet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> I've always expected the the ersatz margarine for the biscuit.
> Today I found a little packet of KFC honey. But it's NOT honey.
> It's the "Colonel's Honey Sauce".
>
> It comes in a little clear plastic squeeze packet and you cannot read
> the label without great difficulty. Under the word "Honey" in 36
> point three color type it says "sauce" in red outline 14 point type.
> On the back it lists the ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar,
> Corn Syrup, Honey, Caramel Color.
>
> That's it. No more KFC for this family. I'm gonna google to find the
> parent company and dump the whole lot!
>
> Lynn in Fargo
> Dammit. I really like their coleslaw.

As I see it, the problem with places like KFC is that they start
out with a good product and idea. They are popular in their
locale because of that. Then they start expanding and cutting
corners. They forget why they were popular in the first place.
Eventually, that leads to their demise. (Somewhere along the
line, too, the company may be sold to another entity, and that
entity may do the cost-cutting, etc.)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo said...

>> They are overpriced, greasy, garbage quality, high in sat-fat calories,
>> lazy, fast food.
>>
>> Makes me wanna puke, just thinking about KFC.
>>
>> If you eat KFC, you don't belong on r.f.c!
>>
>> Andy

> =========================Thanks so much, Andy. It's kind of you. I think
> I'll leave now.
>
> Lynn in Fargo

As if I actually care what you do next!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OK Just to Clarify Something

I'm learning to live with Type II Diabetes. Thanks (really) to a few
folks on rfc, I have become much more aware of the KIND of sugar in
the foods I eat. I am trying to avoid HFCS and corn sweetners for the
little amount of sweet I feel I can handle. I'm trying to stick to
cane sugar and beet sugar (beet sugar because we grow TONS of sugar
beets around here and there's a fairly responsible sugar refinery just
across the river.

I posted that about 2 minutes after I read that label. I have a
wannabe son-in-law who worked at KFC. I really have no illusions.
Besides I seem to remember something about rats in NYC.

Lynn in Fargo
Beholden to RFC for many good things

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
>
>> We don't do KFC, either. It's so expensive and so salty. If we want
>> fried chicken, we either make it at home or get the grocery store brand
>> for just about the same price that we can make at home.

> KFC is way too salty for me, too.

I am a fried chicken common-sewer! About a month ago I was jonesin' for
some but it was late and the grocery stores didn't have any and I was too
tired to do it myself, so I bit the bullet and went to KFC.

That was it for me. I'll never ever go there again. Overpriced nastiness.

It was good when I was a kid in the 70's. Those days are gone.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2008-08-16, Paul M. Cook > wrote:
>
>> Back then that was real family food. Now KFC is about as vile crap as I
>> can
>> think of.
>>
>> Find a Popeye's.

> Popeye's is not much better. I love their red beans and rice (which they
> claim has won awards), but it is salty beyond belief. The LAST time I
> patronized Popeye's, I ordered their collard greens, much to my distress,
> literally. Never again.
>
> nb

Maybe you have to go to one in a lower class neighborhood if you get my
drift.

I've never had bad Popeye's chicken. Church's on the other hand...
I'm glad to see them going the way of the buffalo in the Tampa area.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lynn from Fargo" > wrote

>> If you eat KFC, you don't belong on r.f.c!
>>
>> Andy

> ==========================
> Thanks so much, Andy. It's kind of you. I think I'll leave now.
>
> Lynn in Fargo
> Who thinks that if anybody will actually swallow a canned pea they
> don't belong on the planet.

WTF are those God-awful things *for* anyway?!?!?

You couldn't poke 'em down my throat with a broomstick!

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:

> As I see it, the problem with places like KFC is that they start
> out with a good product and idea. They are popular in their
> locale because of that. Then they start expanding and cutting
> corners. They forget why they were popular in the first place.
> Eventually, that leads to their demise. (Somewhere along the
> line, too, the company may be sold to another entity, and that
> entity may do the cost-cutting, etc.)

I think the slide started when Pepsico bought the chain.
Before that I remember the product as being much better.
I think that's when they started pushing that extra-breading ...
I mean, extra-crispy stuff. All crispy, no chicken.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:00:22 -0400, Nina >
wrote:

>>That probably would eliminate ever eating out again.........at any
>>place.

>Unfortunately, that's pretty much true; we virtually never eat fast
>food these days.

I never metioned "fast food"....I said AT ANY PLACE.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:28:14 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>Regardless, it's my guilty pleasure, once in a blue moon
>I have KFC.

If you were compelled to eat KFC every day, then something might be
wrong with you and your lack luster pallette. But....every now and
then it is ok. Just like I don't eat MoonPies and and RC every
day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in message
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> OK Just to Clarify Something
>
> I'm learning to live with Type II Diabetes. Thanks (really) to a few
> folks on rfc, I have become much more aware of the KIND of sugar in
> the foods I eat. I am trying to avoid HFCS and corn sweetners for the
> little amount of sweet I feel I can handle. I'm trying to stick to
> cane sugar and beet sugar (beet sugar because we grow TONS of sugar
> beets around here and there's a fairly responsible sugar refinery just
> across the river.
>
> I posted that about 2 minutes after I read that label. I have a
> wannabe son-in-law who worked at KFC. I really have no illusions.
> Besides I seem to remember something about rats in NYC.

There are rats everywhere. Hell, there's 2 living right beside me in a
cage!

That was Taco Bell BTW.

TFM®