Old 20-02-2021, 01:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
cheeseburger 'sliders'. I'll be having two of them for dinner along
with some potato chips. Don't ask me why I like them. In Memphis we
had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing. It's been a
couple of decades since I had either one.

I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to work. (The
breakroom has a full kitchen.) I'm in the process of building up a
supply of *homemade* freezer meals for lunches.

Jill

Old 20-02-2021, 01:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2021 7:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:
For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
cheeseburger 'sliders'.* I'll be having two of them for dinner along
with some potato chips.* Don't ask me why I like them.* In Memphis we
had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing.* It's been a
couple of decades since I had either one.

I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to work.* (The
breakroom has a full kitchen.)* I'm in the process of building up a
supply of *homemade* freezer meals for lunches.

Jill

I like those too, we made home made ones two weeks ago,
rolled out the ground meat and put the five holes in
each patty, then steamed them on a bed of re-hydrated
onions. That's a unique taste for ground beef patties.

The buns are the hardest thing to duplicate.
Old 20-02-2021, 01:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:05:18 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
cheeseburger 'sliders'. I'll be having two of them for dinner along
with some potato chips. Don't ask me why I like them. In Memphis we
had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing. It's been a
couple of decades since I had either one.

I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to work. (The
breakroom has a full kitchen.) I'm in the process of building up a
supply of *homemade* freezer meals for lunches.

Don't eat it! You're a premature biddy, not a real biddy. You're too
young to die!

"bun: enriched bleached wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour,
niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water,
sugar, soybean oil, contains 2% or less: yeast, salt, vital wheat
gluten, mono-and diglycerides, corn starch, calcium stearoyl lactylate
(csl), oat fiber, corn syrup solids, guar gum, sodium alginate,
monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, xanthan gum, ascorbic acid (vitamin
c). hamburger: beef. sharp pasteurized process american cheese:
cultured milk, water, cream, sodium citrate, salt, sorbic acid
(preservative), sodium phosphate, artificial color, enzymes, acetic
acid, soy lecithin. water, dried onions, salt, pepper."

--
SJ
Old 20-02-2021, 02:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
[...]

In the future, we'll probably be eating a lot more highly processed foods - if the past is any indication. I like modern foods. I can wake up early in the morning with low blood sugar and reach over for a Choco-pie or muffin that was baked months ago and adjust my levels. How great is that?
Old 20-02-2021, 02:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
cheeseburger 'sliders'. I'll be having two of them for dinner along
with some potato chips. Don't ask me why I like them. In Memphis we
had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing. It's been a
couple of decades since I had either one.

Jill

I like them, too. But yes, it was Krystal's around here as well. Gosh, how
I loved those things!

Old 20-02-2021, 03:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/20/2021 2:34 AM, BryanGSimmons wrote:
On 2/19/2021 6:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:
For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
cheeseburger 'sliders'.* I'll be having two of them for dinner along
with some potato chips.* Don't ask me why I like them.* In Memphis we
had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing.* It's been a
couple of decades since I had either one.

I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to work.
(The breakroom has a full kitchen.)* I'm in the process of building up
a supply of *homemade* freezer meals for lunches.

Jill

Krystal burgers are different from White Castles,

Not in my experience. Krystal's are square small burgers with holes
poked in the meat, steamed onions, steamed buns. Very similar. The
only difference is Krystal adds a slice of dill pickle on top. I always
asked them to leave it off. I hate pickles.

and frozen White
Castles are a pale imitation of the things you get from the restaurant.

Well, I've never eaten at an actual White Castle restaurant. The frozen
sliders are very much like what I recall from Kristal's "restaurants".
I'm not recommending anyone else eat or buy them. Just saying I had a
couple of them for dinner tonight. With potato chips.

Jill
Old 20-02-2021, 03:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Krystal's are square small burgers with holes
poked in the meat, steamed onions, steamed buns. Very similar. The
only difference is Krystal adds a slice of dill pickle on top. I always
asked them to leave it off. I hate pickles.

Jill

Krystal's don't have the 5 small holes, White Castle's do. But yes,
Krystal's do have the dill pickle and I ask them to leave them off
as well. No cheese, either, please.
Old 20-02-2021, 04:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2021 9:03 PM, jmcquown wrote:

Well, I've never eaten at an actual White Castle restaurant.* The frozen
sliders are very much like what I recall from Kristal's "restaurants".
I'm not recommending anyone else eat or buy them.* Just saying I had a
couple of them for dinner tonight.* With potato chips.

Jill

My DIL was just talking about them last week.She said they are pretty
good for a quick meal. I'll have to pick up a package. It is good to
have something like that on hand for when you don't feel like cooking,
Old 20-02-2021, 04:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
cheeseburger 'sliders'. I'll be having two of them for dinner along
with some potato chips. Don't ask me why I like them. In Memphis we
had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing. It's been a
couple of decades since I had either one.

I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to work. (The
breakroom has a full kitchen.) I'm in the process of building up a
supply of *homemade* freezer meals for lunches.

Jill

White Castle burgers have 5 holes in them, and are fried with the buns on them to soak up the grease!

We called then ShitBurgers when I used to eat them years ago.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Old 20-02-2021, 04:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2021 10:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/19/2021 9:03 PM, jmcquown wrote:

Well, I've never eaten at an actual White Castle restaurant.* The
frozen sliders are very much like what I recall from Kristal's
"restaurants". I'm not recommending anyone else eat or buy them.* Just
saying I had a couple of them for dinner tonight.* With potato chips.

Jill

My DIL was just talking about them last week.She said they are pretty
good for a quick meal.* I'll have to pick up a package.* It is good to
have something like that on hand for when you don't feel like cooking,

Today was one of those days I simply didn't feel like cooking. (I've
got a pot of mixed bean chili and a skillet of cornbread planned for
tomorrow.) Tonight, a couple of sliders and some chips... done. They
recommend microwave them from thawed, wrapped in paper towels. The
result is steamed, just as they were intended. I was surprised at how
nice they were.

Jill

Old 20-02-2021, 04:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2021 10:18 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
cheeseburger 'sliders'. I'll be having two of them for dinner along
with some potato chips. Don't ask me why I like them. In Memphis we
had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing. It's been a
couple of decades since I had either one.

I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to work. (The
breakroom has a full kitchen.) I'm in the process of building up a
supply of *homemade* freezer meals for lunches.

Jill

White Castle burgers have 5 holes in them, and are fried with the buns on them to soak up the grease!

They aren't fried.

Jill
Old 20-02-2021, 08:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2021 6:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:
For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
cheeseburger 'sliders'.* I'll be having two of them for dinner along
with some potato chips.* Don't ask me why I like them.* In Memphis we
had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing.* It's been a
couple of decades since I had either one.

I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to work.* (The
breakroom has a full kitchen.)* I'm in the process of building up a
supply of *homemade* freezer meals for lunches.

Jill

Krystal burgers are different from White Castles, and frozen White
Castles are a pale imitation of the things you get from the restaurant.

--
--Bryan
For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly
tested on laboratory animals.
Old 20-02-2021, 04:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:05:18 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
cheeseburger 'sliders'. I'll be having two of them for dinner along
with some potato chips. Don't ask me why I like them. In Memphis we
had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing. It's been a
couple of decades since I had either one.

I had a box of those last week for the first time in 8 years - the
jalapeno Cheese ones. You have to add a pickle chip and sqwert of
ketchup to them.

-sw