Old 22-02-2021, 07:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 12:21:47 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:49:12 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

I used to get gum with Bazooka Joe comics from my grandmother in the
late 60s/early 70s. I can't remember if they were in English or
translated.

My grandparents had a tiny village supermarket. I've never seen that
gum anywhere else.

It was here and I imagine it was available all over the USA.

Old 22-02-2021, 11:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 9:33:09 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 4:16:50 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
Ophelia wrote:

"cshenk" wrote in message

dsi1 wrote:

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 12:30:03 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 12:58:28 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 10:47:41 AM UTC-10, Bruce
wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:04:00 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:
On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 2:26:49 PM UTC-10, Seymour
Jones wrote: On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:05:18 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:
For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle
brand cheeseburger 'sliders'. I'll be having two of them for
dinner along with some potato chips. Don't ask me why I like
them. In Memphis we had Krystal's, which were pretty much
the same thing. It's been a couple of decades since I had
either one.
I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to
work. (The breakroom has a full kitchen.) I'm in the process
of building up a supply of homemade freezer meals for
lunches. Don't eat it! You're a premature biddy, not a real
biddy. You're too young to die!

"bun: enriched bleached wheat flour (wheat flour, malted
barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin,
folic acid), water, sugar, soybean oil, contains 2% or less:
yeast, salt, vital wheat gluten, mono-and diglycerides, corn
starch, calcium stearoyl lactylate (csl), oat fiber, corn
syrup solids, guar gum, sodium alginate, monocalcium
phosphate, enzymes, xanthan gum, ascorbic acid (vitamin c).
hamburger: beef. sharp pasteurized process american cheese:
cultured milk, water, cream, sodium citrate, salt, sorbic acid
(preservative), sodium phosphate, artificial color, enzymes,
acetic acid, soy lecithin. water, dried onions, salt,
pepper." -- SJ

In the future, we'll probably be eating a lot more highly
processed foods - if the past is any indication. I like modern
foods. I can wake up early in the morning with low blood sugar and
reach over for a Choco-pie or muffin that was baked months ago and
adjust my levels. How great is that? Yeah. Clearly you're
the very picture of health, LOL.
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2102040419440123.jpg Your own
stupidity will shorten your own life, so at least that is good.
If you pray every night, you might one day get your wish. Until
then, I'll be laughing at your nasty ass! Here's another picture
for your collection - freak!
Oh look. The closet racist got triggered :-)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UdZPeXd5SL6Yh4tw8

LOL. You're way too old for a teenagers haircut! LMAO!

Yoose gots a lot of nerve preaching about racism. I'm no closet
anything. That ain't a hair style/cut that's just the way my hair
falls naturally - greg.

Hi dsi1 (David). I like your face. It's a simple honest man sort.

PS: I got bed head today too.

==

Nothing wrong with Dsi1's head)))

Nope! I like the almost grin creaping out too. Like 'I'm about to
grin really big so get ready'.

I got a new shirt today - the kind of shirt that makes a statement. The statement being "what the hell are you looking at?" Well, that's what I'm hoping for anyway.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Xx8Aa2Xh7Q4UXyw5

It suits a piece of low - rent asian ghetto yellow trash like you, you're a "yigger" for sure, David.

(grin)

Old 23-02-2021, 12:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Wow, your mom really did a number on you, didn't she?

(grin)
Old 23-02-2021, 02:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

wrote:
[...]

====

I use one of these neck thingies instead of a mask. Much more
comfortable

CDC tells us they aren't as protective either.
Old 23-02-2021, 03:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

On 2/21/2021 1:22 PM, cshenk wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
cheeseburger 'sliders'. I'll be having two of them for dinner
along with some potato chips. Don't ask me why I like them. In
Memphis we had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing.
It's been a couple of decades since I had either one.

I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to work.
(The breakroom has a full kitchen.) I'm in the process of
building up a supply of homemade freezer meals for lunches.

Jill

I did that for years!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GH5KQLO/

These are really nice. Last years of dishwasher use too.

(snippage)

Thanks, Carol. I have plenty of storage containers that go from
freezer to microwave to dishwasher. It's not as if I threw them away
when I left my last job in 2019.

At first you might get the 'same thing' a bit but eventually it all
works out.

I always put a piece of clear tape on the lid of the containers and
write on it with a Sharpie marker indicating the date and the
contents. No guessing about what I might be taking for lunch.

Jill

Jill

Welcome! If you find yourself looking for some TNT ones with separate
compartments, now you have a recommended one!
Old 23-02-2021, 04:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Indeed, it should be used with a separate face mask. I just wanted to show how pretty I am.

Old 23-02-2021, 08:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

wrote:
[...]

You're just mad you racist Trumpers lost out.
Old 23-02-2021, 09:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Feb 21, , dsi1 wrote
(in ):

I got a new shirt today - the kind of shirt that makes a statement. The
statement being "what the hell are you looking at?" Well, that's what I'm
hoping for anyway.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Xx8Aa2Xh7Q4UXyw5

You and I have the same color hair. Well, mine┤s shorter. I see a dark
haired man in the mirror, but the camera cheats my hair into silver-white.
What┤s that all about?

Old 23-02-2021, 10:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 00:58:31 -0800, Leo
wrote:

On 2021 Feb 21, , dsi1 wrote
(in ):

I got a new shirt today - the kind of shirt that makes a statement. The
statement being "what the hell are you looking at?" Well, that's what I'm
hoping for anyway.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Xx8Aa2Xh7Q4UXyw5

You and I have the same color hair. Well, mine┬┤s shorter. I see a dark
haired man in the mirror, but the camera cheats my hair into silver-white.
What┬┤s that all about?

It's wishful looking.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 10:58:37 PM UTC-10, Leo wrote:
On 2021 Feb 21, , dsi1 wrote
(in ):
I got a new shirt today - the kind of shirt that makes a statement. The
statement being "what the hell are you looking at?" Well, that's what I'm
hoping for anyway.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Xx8Aa2Xh7Q4UXyw5

You and I have the same color hair. Well, mine┬┤s shorter. I see a dark
haired man in the mirror, but the camera cheats my hair into silver-white..
What┬┤s that all about?

That's a excellent question. In the mirror we see a good lookin' guy. In photos the image is decidedly different. The camera sees kind of a goofy looking dude. It might be that we see a reflection of our souls when looking in a mirror. Photography just captures a soulless image.
OTOH, it's probably because we see a 3D image in a mirror and a 2D image in photographs.
Old 23-02-2021, 12:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Makes you look like Mort in those Bazooka Joe gum wrap comics.

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/...imit/image.jpg

===

LOL yep except mine is black)))