Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:40:55 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
>On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 4:42:47 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>> On Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 12:24:53 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> > "dsi1" wrote in message

>> > Worcestershire sauce is a fermented product so maybe White Castle
>> > burgers
>> > reminds you of that. It's the Western version of fish sauce.
>> > ===
>> >
>> > I didn't know that. I bought a bottle when I was trying out some of the
>> > things I was learning from you lol never used it because I didn't know
>> > how))

>> Worcestershire sauce is certainly a unique sauce. It's strange to think
>> that
>> the Brits would like the stuff.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ns_U9IbFU&t=212
>> ====
>>
>> Is it like 'wuster' sauce then (as we say) ))))

>Didn't you buy a bottle of fish sauce? Open it up and give it a smell.
>
>Cindy Hamilton
>
>=====
>
> Yes I did Does it smell like Worcestershire sauce?

What part of "Open it up and give it a smell" do you not comprehend?
Did it go into your brain and come out your ass?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 2:02:18 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 18:16:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
> >

> >"Bruce" wrote in message ...
> >
> >On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:51:50 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> >wrote:
> >
> >>I can't find any that I don't have to buy online
> >>
> >>I think I might just give them a miss) Thanks very much

> >A wise decision.
> >
> >Martin's Potato Rolls:
> >"unbleached enriched wheat flour (flour, ferrous sulfate, niacin,
> >thiamin, riboflavin, folic acid), nonfat milk, reconstituted potatoes
> >(from potato flour), yeast, sugar, cane sugar syrup, wheat gluten,
> >sunflower oil, contains 2 percent or less of each of the following:
> >salt, butter, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate,
> >monoglycerides and diglycerides), monocalcium phosphate, cultured
> >wheat flour, calcium propionate (a preservative), guar gum, ascorbic
> >acid, datem, calcium sulfate, enzymes, turmeric color, annatto color,
> >sesame seeds."
> >
> >====
> >
> >Good grief!!

> If someone had all that in their house, they should be arrested.
> They're probably making a bomb!

Oh, please. The most explosive thing in that list is the flour.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 12:46:18 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 2:02:18 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 18:16:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>> >

>> >"Bruce" wrote in message ...

>> >A wise decision.
>> >
>> >Martin's Potato Rolls:
>> >"unbleached enriched wheat flour (flour, ferrous sulfate, niacin,
>> >thiamin, riboflavin, folic acid), nonfat milk, reconstituted potatoes
>> >(from potato flour), yeast, sugar, cane sugar syrup, wheat gluten,
>> >sunflower oil, contains 2 percent or less of each of the following:
>> >salt, butter, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate,
>> >monoglycerides and diglycerides), monocalcium phosphate, cultured
>> >wheat flour, calcium propionate (a preservative), guar gum, ascorbic
>> >acid, datem, calcium sulfate, enzymes, turmeric color, annatto color,
>> >sesame seeds."
>> >
>> >====
>> >
>> >Good grief!!

>> If someone had all that in their house, they should be arrested.
>> They're probably making a bomb!

>Oh, please. The most explosive thing in that list is the flour.

Individually, they may seem harmless substances, but when you combine
them carelessly, they might go kaboom!

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:51:50 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>I can't find any that I don't have to buy online
>>
>>I think I might just give them a miss) Thanks very much

>A wise decision.
>
>Martin's Potato Rolls:
>"unbleached enriched wheat flour (flour, ferrous sulfate, niacin,
>thiamin, riboflavin, folic acid), nonfat milk, reconstituted potatoes
>(from potato flour), yeast, sugar, cane sugar syrup, wheat gluten,
>sunflower oil, contains 2 percent or less of each of the following:
>salt, butter, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate,
>monoglycerides and diglycerides), monocalcium phosphate, cultured
>wheat flour, calcium propionate (a preservative), guar gum, ascorbic
>acid, datem, calcium sulfate, enzymes, turmeric color, annatto color,
>sesame seeds."
>
>====
>
>Good grief!!

If someone had all that in their house, they should be arrested.
They're probably making a bomb!

====

It wouldn't surprise me

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 12:41:03 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
> On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 4:42:47 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> > On Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 12:24:53 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > Worcestershire sauce is a fermented product so maybe White Castle
> > > burgers
> > > reminds you of that. It's the Western version of fish sauce.
> > > ===
> > >
> > > I didn't know that. I bought a bottle when I was trying out some of
> > > the
> > > things I was learning from you lol never used it because I didn't know
> > > how))

> > Worcestershire sauce is certainly a unique sauce. It's strange to think
> > that
> > the Brits would like the stuff.
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ns_U9IbFU&t=212
> > ====
> >
> > Is it like 'wuster' sauce then (as we say) ))))

> Didn't you buy a bottle of fish sauce? Open it up and give it a smell.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
> =====
>
> Yes I did Does it smell like Worcestershire sauce?

No, it does not.

Cindy Hamilton

===

OK, you had me wondering there)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-03-01 3:46 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 2:02:18 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>>> Good grief!!

>> If someone had all that in their house, they should be arrested.
>> They're probably making a bomb!

> Oh, please. The most explosive thing in that list is the flour.

Flour can indeed explode. About 140 years ago Minneapolis had the
world's largest flour mill. It was totally destroyed and there were
about two dozen workers killed when the flour exploded.

Here is a video showing just 8 kg blowing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIkk0D2tUU8
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 3:10:19 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 12:03:05 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> > bruce bowser wrote:
> > > Anchovies on pizza is great, especially with mushrooms and peppers.

> > That's a funny comment to me. I've only had anchovies once in my life.
> > It was back in 1974 when my roommate and I used to eat often at a local
> > family italian restaurant.
> >
> > I had heard the old phrase, "Hold the anchovies" but never tried them.
> > I didn't even know what an anchovie was.
> >
> > One day, I ordered a pizza with anchovies. The waitress said, "You don't
> > want anchovies on that." I said, "Yes, I do."
> >
> > Well she argued with me a bit more then gave up and went and had a pizza
> > with anchovies made for me.
> >
> > I took one bite and didn't like that at all. So I picked off all the
> > anchovies but it was too late...the anchovie oil had already flavored
> > the darn pizza and ruined it. She was right after all.
> >
> > Now, 40 some years later, I've never tried anchovies since that day. I
> > need to buy a can and see what I think now. Who knows, I might like them
> > now.

> I like them better cold on a salad than hot on a pizza.

I think i'd like salad shrimp on salad better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/1/2021 1:02 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 18:16:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:51:50 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I can't find any that I don't have to buy online
>>>
>>> I think I might just give them a miss) Thanks very much

>> A wise decision.
>>
>> Martin's Potato Rolls:
>> "unbleached enriched wheat flour (flour, ferrous sulfate, niacin,
>> thiamin, riboflavin, folic acid), nonfat milk, reconstituted potatoes
>> (from potato flour), yeast, sugar, cane sugar syrup, wheat gluten,
>> sunflower oil, contains 2 percent or less of each of the following:
>> salt, butter, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate,
>> monoglycerides and diglycerides), monocalcium phosphate, cultured
>> wheat flour, calcium propionate (a preservative), guar gum, ascorbic
>> acid, datem, calcium sulfate, enzymes, turmeric color, annatto color,
>> sesame seeds."
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Good grief!!

> If someone had all that in their house, they should be arrested.
> They're probably making a bomb!

Picky, picky, picky. If you don't eat your Diacetyl Tartaric Acid
Esters of Monoglycerides, sonny, you'll be going to bed without
dessert!

--
--Bryan
For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/1/2021 3:11 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 12:46:18 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 2:02:18 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>>> If someone had all that in their house, they should be arrested.
>>> They're probably making a bomb!

>> Oh, please. The most explosive thing in that list is the flour.

> Individually, they may seem harmless substances, but when you combine
> them carelessly, they might go kaboom!

White Castle farts smell like they might be explosive.

--
--Bryan
For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly
tested on laboratory animals.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:23:41 -0600, BryanGSimmons
> wrote:

>On 3/1/2021 1:02 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 18:16:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>>>
>>> Martin's Potato Rolls:
>>> "unbleached enriched wheat flour (flour, ferrous sulfate, niacin,
>>> thiamin, riboflavin, folic acid), nonfat milk, reconstituted potatoes
>>> (from potato flour), yeast, sugar, cane sugar syrup, wheat gluten,
>>> sunflower oil, contains 2 percent or less of each of the following:
>>> salt, butter, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate,
>>> monoglycerides and diglycerides), monocalcium phosphate, cultured
>>> wheat flour, calcium propionate (a preservative), guar gum, ascorbic
>>> acid, datem, calcium sulfate, enzymes, turmeric color, annatto color,
>>> sesame seeds."
>>>
>>> ====
>>>
>>> Good grief!!

>> If someone had all that in their house, they should be arrested.
>> They're probably making a bomb!
>>

>Picky, picky, picky.

If by that you mean this is an acceptable ingredient list for potato
rolls, then we speak from two different sides of a huge cultural
divide.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:23:41 -0600, BryanGSimmons
> > wrote:
>
>> On 3/1/2021 1:02 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> If someone had all that in their house, they should be arrested.
>>> They're probably making a bomb!
>>>

>> Picky, picky, picky.

> If by that you mean this is an acceptable ingredient list for potato
> rolls, then we speak from two different sides of a huge cultural
> divide.

Wipe your nose when you finish there master druce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> bruce bowser wrote:
> > Anchovies on pizza is great, especially with mushrooms and peppers.

> That's a funny comment to me. I've only had anchovies once in my
> life. It was back in 1974 when my roommate and I used to eat often at
> a local family italian restaurant.
>
> I had heard the old phrase, "Hold the anchovies" but never tried them.
> I didn't even know what an anchovie was.
>
> One day, I ordered a pizza with anchovies. The waitress said, "You
> don't want anchovies on that." I said, "Yes, I do."
>
> Well she argued with me a bit more then gave up and went and had a
> pizza with anchovies made for me.
>
> I took one bite and didn't like that at all. So I picked off all the
> anchovies but it was too late...the anchovie oil had already flavored
> the darn pizza and ruined it. She was right after all.
>
> Now, 40 some years later, I've never tried anchovies since that day.
> I need to buy a can and see what I think now. Who knows, I might like
> them now.

They are not good to me on pizza with one exception: Lay them directly
on a jalapeno and something magical happens.

I'm not a super fan of them but one or 2 on a cracker, is something I
like.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Water was White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 13:34:16 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-03-01 1:18 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
>> On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 7:44:40 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>> Rancid? One begs your pardon! -- The real Bruce posts with Eternal
>>> September

>> You shan't be getting my pardon anytime soon. The funny part was that
>> I've been shunning water for the last few years. Yesterday I was
>> thirsty for the first time in a long while. I thought I was finally
>> over my dry spell. This morning I remembered that I had eaten a lot
>> of anchovies and it was the salt that did it. That's too bad. Feeling
>> thirsty felt pretty good.
>>

> I used to drink a lot of water and other fluids. Unfortunately, I
> managed to develop congestive heart failure and it turned out that my
> system was not getting rid of it. I was putting on weight and getting
> lung congestion. I dropped 20 pounds in 6 days in the hospital. Now I
> am on fluid restriction. I am supposed to consume a minimum 1.5 l and a
> maximum 2 l of fluid per day. No more going to the fridge and having a
> good glug of Perrier or juice, no glass of water. I have to watch my
> fluid intake and have one a small sip when I am dry and thirsty.

Drinking water is very good for you. It keeps everything moving
appropriately and gives your organs a will to survive. Perhaps your
doctor should have prescribed thiazide and given you tickets to
WaterWorld (and a bag of pure dirt).

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 10:46:35 -0800 (PST), dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 8:34:29 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> You shan't be getting my pardon anytime soon. The funny part was that
>>> I've been shunning water for the last few years. Yesterday I was
>>> thirsty for the first time in a long while. I thought I was finally
>>> over my dry spell. This morning I remembered that I had eaten a lot
>>> of anchovies and it was the salt that did it. That's too bad. Feeling
>>> thirsty felt pretty good.
>>>

>> I used to drink a lot of water and other fluids. Unfortunately, I
>> managed to develop congestive heart failure and it turned out that my
>> system was not getting rid of it. I was putting on weight and getting
>> lung congestion. I dropped 20 pounds in 6 days in the hospital. Now I
>> am on fluid restriction. I am supposed to consume a minimum 1.5 l and a
>> maximum 2 l of fluid per day. No more going to the fridge and having a
>> good glug of Perrier or juice, no glass of water. I have to watch my
>> fluid intake and have one a small sip when I am dry and thirsty.

> My father-in-law had that. He had read a book that claimed water
> could cure him of all his medical problems. He placed his faith
> in that book and landed in the hospital with water poisoning. He
> treatment was no water. Hoo boy, that was like getting off of
> heroin for him. In my case, my dentist says I have to drink more
> water - my teeth are just rotting away.

Water poisoning <laugh>.

The SOP after getting admitted to the hospital for ANYTHING is no
water. I've taken to smuggling in frozen liters of water if there's
any chance I may be admitted. One time I was taken up to ICU and
before they could insert the new IV's and tape on EKG's I hooped
right out of bed and ran down to the lobby with my backpack and
grabbed a bunch of snacks and shitload of soda cans. To this day, I
still grab bags of those Frito Honey BBQ twists when I see them. But
I avoid soda - I would have preferred club soda.

And if my vistors don't bring water, you ain't visiting me. It's as
simple as that.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 4:50:02 PM UTC-10, Sqwertz wrote:

> Water poisoning <laugh>.

What's so funny, clown boy? Nuttin'.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 5:29:38 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 3:10:19 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > I like them [anchovies] better cold on a salad than hot on a pizza.

> I think i'd like salad shrimp on salad better.

I like shrimp on salad, too. Each has their place.

But not salad shrimp. Those things have a terrible texture.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 01:31:49 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 5:29:38 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 3:10:19 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > I like them [anchovies] better cold on a salad than hot on a pizza.

>> I think i'd like salad shrimp on salad better.

>I like shrimp on salad, too. Each has their place.
>
>But not salad shrimp. Those things have a terrible texture.

What's a salad shrimp and does that shrimp know it's a salad shrimp?

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 4:51:18 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 01:31:49 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> I think i'd like salad shrimp on salad better.

> >I like shrimp on salad, too. Each has their place.
> >
> >But not salad shrimp. Those things have a terrible texture.
> >

> What's a salad shrimp and does that shrimp know it's a salad shrimp?

U.S. shrimp are identified by how many per pound. Salad shrimp are
250-300 per pound.

Generally speaking, the smaller they are, the cheaper they are.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 01:58:32 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 4:51:18 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 01:31:49 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I like shrimp on salad, too. Each has their place.
>> >
>> >But not salad shrimp. Those things have a terrible texture.
>> >

>> What's a salad shrimp and does that shrimp know it's a salad shrimp?

>U.S. shrimp are identified by how many per pound. Salad shrimp are
>250-300 per pound.
>
>Generally speaking, the smaller they are, the cheaper they are.

Thanks.

I know two kinds of small shrimp from the Netherlands. The mediocre
ones (fluffy, always already peeled, pink):
<https://static.ah.nl/static/product/AHI_43545239363435393833_1_LowRes_JPG.JPG?options= 399,q85>

And the better ones (called "grey shrimp", often not yet peeled, more
flavour):
<https://streekproduct.be/sites/default/files/styles/teaser/public/teaser/Vlaamse_grijze_garnaal_HR.jpg?itok=OpYyXmim>

My bet is that the first type are "salad shrimp".

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/1/2021 7:25 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:23:41 -0600, BryanGSimmons
>> > wrote:

>>> Picky, picky, picky.

>> If by that you mean this is an acceptable ingredient list for potato
>> rolls, then we speak from two different sides of a huge cultural
>> divide.
>>

> Wipe your nose when you finish there master druce.

Bruce would have better spent his college years for a degree in
chemistry rather than French Literature.

Food manufacturers don't just open up their chemistry sets and start
dumping chemicals into the food. All are in there for one reason or
another. Often regulations in order to sell the food.

Many of those chemical compounds are natural and harmless in the small
amounts. H2O is all natural but will kill you if you drink too much.
Salt in an ingredient list is accepted but call it sodium chloride and
Bruce would freak out (if he didn't know it was salt.)

Fresh oysters are all natural until a chemist would analyze all the
chemical compounds in an oyster. They are filter feeders and contain all
kinds of crap that was in the water.

An oyster would be more scary than a Martin's Potato roll to me but I'll
eat both.....occasionally.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> I like them better cold on a salad than hot on a pizza.

> I think i'd like salad shrimp on salad better.

To a cold green salad, I'll add dairy products (HB eggs and cheese)
occasionally but never meat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/1/2021 12:52 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
> On 2/28/2021 5:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "dsi1" wrote:
>> Worcestershire sauce is a fermented product so maybe White Castle
>> burgers reminds you of that. It's the Western version of fish sauce.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> I didn't know that. I bought a bottle when I was trying out some of
>> the things I was learning from you lol never used it because I didn't
>> know how))

> <SPLAT>
>
> ====
>
> <THWAP>

LOL Fair enough! :-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike Duffy wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>> I would suggest that anyone who has studied art or worked
>> professionally as a painter (stand up and take a bow Gary)
>> knows a lot more about colour and can describe colour,
>> enough to more than compensate for any physical impairment.

> I would suggest that since no amount of schooling can make a colour-blind
> person see colours normally, such a person will surely run into problems
> discussing colours with others.

What Mike says is true. To work with colors, you need to be able to see
them properly and someone color blind wouldn't have a chance in the real
world.

My painting career was "GM Painting and Decorating." The decorating
part was color consultation and suggestions plus I was one of the few in
this area that could match any color required. That ability put me in
the high-end (priced) of local painters.

I learned to do that by experience, not any school classes.

So many times, you can pick a perfect color from a chart but it usually
looks different on the wall. I was able to adjust and fix it.

> How many colour names they can use is moot.

Very true and paint stores all call their same colors by different
names. Same stores even change the names occasionally.

Other than the very basic primary and secondary colors, no name makes a
difference.

Red has a thousand different shades. Same with Blue, Yellow.
Same with all the secondary colors and beyond.

Anyway, someone with a color blindness problem would fail working with
colors no matter what they knew. Mike wins.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2021 4:58 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> U.S. shrimp are identified by how many per pound. Salad shrimp are
> 250-300 per pound.

Good grief! I've never seen shimp sold that small.
Smallest I've seen is "popcorn shrimp" already peeled and cooked about
60-70 count.

250-300 per pound...are you sure that wasn't labeled "seamonkeys" lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-03-02 10:10 a.m., Gary wrote:
> On 3/2/2021 4:58 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> U.S. shrimp are identified by how many per pound. Salad shrimp are
>> 250-300 per pound.

> Good grief! I've never seen shimp sold that small.
> Smallest I've seen is "popcorn shrimp" already peeled and cooked about
> 60-70 count.
>
> 250-300 per pound...are you sure that wasn't labeled "seamonkeys"Â* lol

https://www.thespruceeats.com/shrimp...-sizes-3054059
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 10:10:12 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> On 3/2/2021 4:58 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > U.S. shrimp are identified by how many per pound. Salad shrimp are
> > 250-300 per pound.

> Good grief! I've never seen shimp sold that small.
> Smallest I've seen is "popcorn shrimp" already peeled and cooked about
> 60-70 count.
>
> 250-300 per pound...are you sure that wasn't labeled "seamonkeys" lol

Sea monkeys. Good one.

<https://www.foodservicedirect.com/frozen-seafood-cooked-salad-shrimp-250-350-5-pound-6-per-case-132155.html>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2021 7:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 10:10:12 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> On 3/2/2021 4:58 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> U.S. shrimp are identified by how many per pound. Salad shrimp are
>>> 250-300 per pound.

>> Good grief! I've never seen shimp sold that small.
>> Smallest I've seen is "popcorn shrimp" already peeled and cooked about
>> 60-70 count.
>>
>> 250-300 per pound...are you sure that wasn't labeled "seamonkeys" lol

> Sea monkeys. Good one.
>
> <https://www.foodservicedirect.com/frozen-seafood-cooked-salad-shrimp-250-350-5-pound-6-per-case-132155.html>
>
> Cindy Hamilton

250-300 per FIVE POUND pack.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 10:45:00 AM UTC-5, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 3/2/2021 7:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >> Good grief! I've never seen shimp sold that small.
> >> Smallest I've seen is "popcorn shrimp" already peeled and cooked about
> >> 60-70 count.
> >>
> >> 250-300 per pound...are you sure that wasn't labeled "seamonkeys" lol

> > Sea monkeys. Good one.
> >
> > <https://www.foodservicedirect.com/frozen-seafood-cooked-salad-shrimp-250-350-5-pound-6-per-case-132155.html>
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> 250-300 per FIVE POUND pack.

Ah. Perhaps I need new glasses.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/2/2021 7:56 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 10:45:00 AM UTC-5, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> Sea monkeys. Good one.
>>>
>>> <https://www.foodservicedirect.com/frozen-seafood-cooked-salad-shrimp-250-350-5-pound-6-per-case-132155.html>
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> 250-300 per FIVE POUND pack.

> Ah. Perhaps I need new glasses.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

We all do from time to time.

Sea Monkeys was funny, though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/03/2021 14:21, Gary wrote:
> On 3/1/2021 12:52 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Gary"* wrote in message ...
>> On 2/28/2021 5:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> "dsi1"* wrote:
>>> Worcestershire sauce is a fermented product so maybe White Castle
>>> burgers reminds you of that. It's the Western version of fish sauce.
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>> * I didn't know that.* I bought a bottle when I was trying out some of
>>> the things I was learning from you lol never used it because I didn't
>>> know how))

>> <SPLAT>**
>>
>> ====
>>
>> <THWAP>

> LOL* Fair enough!* :-D

====

<G>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/03/2021 14:21, Gary wrote:
> On 3/1/2021 12:52 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Gary"* wrote in message ...
>> On 2/28/2021 5:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> "dsi1"* wrote:
>>> Worcestershire sauce is a fermented product so maybe White Castle
>>> burgers reminds you of that. It's the Western version of fish sauce.
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>> * I didn't know that.* I bought a bottle when I was trying out some of
>>> the things I was learning from you lol never used it because I didn't
>>> know how))

>> <SPLAT>**
>>
>> ====
>>
>> <THWAP>

> LOL* Fair enough!* :-D

=====

<G>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/03/2021 16:03, Patricia Crossley wrote:
> On 02/03/2021 14:21, Gary wrote:
>> On 3/1/2021 12:52 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> <SPLAT>**
>>>
>>> ====
>>>
>>> <THWAP>

>> LOL* Fair enough!* :-D
>>

> *====
>
> * <G>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/1/2021 5:48 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:23:41 -0600, BryanGSimmons
> > wrote:
>
>> On 3/1/2021 1:02 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> If someone had all that in their house, they should be arrested.
>>> They're probably making a bomb!
>>>

>> Picky, picky, picky.

> If by that you mean this is an acceptable ingredient list for potato
> rolls, then we speak from two different sides of a huge cultural
> divide.

How could you not have gotten that that was a joke? I mean,
I wrote,"If you don't eat your Diacetyl Tartaric Acid
Esters of Monoglycerides, sonny, you'll be going to bed
without dessert!"

--
--Bryan
For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly
tested on laboratory animals.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 13:31:36 -0600, BryanGSimmons
> wrote:

>On 3/1/2021 5:48 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:23:41 -0600, BryanGSimmons
>> > wrote:

>>> Picky, picky, picky.

>> If by that you mean this is an acceptable ingredient list for potato
>> rolls, then we speak from two different sides of a huge cultural
>> divide.
>>

>How could you not have gotten that that was a joke? I mean,
>I wrote,"If you don't eat your Diacetyl Tartaric Acid
>Esters of Monoglycerides, sonny, you'll be going to bed
>without dessert!"

Oh, good. I thought you started seriously and then went to jocular.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 10:22:58 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 10:10:12 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> > On 3/2/2021 4:58 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > > U.S. shrimp are identified by how many per pound. Salad shrimp are
> > > 250-300 per pound.

> > Good grief! I've never seen shimp sold that small.
> > Smallest I've seen is "popcorn shrimp" already peeled and cooked about
> > 60-70 count.
> >
> > 250-300 per pound...are you sure that wasn't labeled "seamonkeys" lol

> Sea monkeys. Good one.
>
> <https://www.foodservicedirect.com/frozen-seafood-cooked-salad-shrimp-250-350-5-pound-6-per-case-132155.html>

And don't forget Sea Horses.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 01:28:12 -0800 (PST), dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 4:50:02 PM UTC-10, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> Water poisoning <laugh>.
>>

> What's so funny, clown boy? Nuttin'.
>
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1770067/

Yeah, that's not "water poisoning". You say stupid shit all the time
and then play the "poetic semantics" card, when you're really just
dumb and FOS.

And the problem can be fixed within minutes by taking some powdered
electrolytes (or IV).

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 6:50:12 PM UTC-10, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 01:28:12 -0800 (PST), dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 4:50:02 PM UTC-10, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> >> Water poisoning <laugh>.
> >>

> > What's so funny, clown boy? Nuttin'.
> >
> > https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1770067/

> Yeah, that's not "water poisoning". You say stupid shit all the time
> and then play the "poetic semantics" card, when you're really just
> dumb and FOS.
>
> And the problem can be fixed within minutes by taking some powdered
> electrolytes (or IV).
>
> -sw

Laugh it up clown-boy. My father-in-law was in the hospital for several days. He didn't get "fixed within minutes" like yoose says. It was pretty hairy going because his heart beat was pretty random. My guess is that your ignorant prescription would have killed him. What hospital does Dr. Squrts practice at? I'm gonna drop a dime on your ass and have your ignorant hillbilly ass fired!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 21:44:12 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 6:50:12 PM UTC-10, Sqwertz wrote:

>> > What's so funny, clown boy? Nuttin'.
>> >
>> > https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1770067/

>> Yeah, that's not "water poisoning". You say stupid shit all the time
>> and then play the "poetic semantics" card, when you're really just
>> dumb and FOS.
>>
>> And the problem can be fixed within minutes by taking some powdered
>> electrolytes (or IV).
>>
>> -sw

>Laugh it up clown-boy. My father-in-law was in the hospital for several days. He didn't get "fixed within minutes" like yoose says. It was pretty hairy going because his heart beat was pretty random. My guess is that your ignorant prescription would have killed him. What hospital does Dr. Squrts practice at? I'm gonna drop a dime on your ass and have your ignorant hillbilly ass fired!

The dwarf is correct in his assessment of your intellect.

--
Most "Bruce" posts are from my stalker frogger.
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 9:26:25 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> The dwarf is correct in his assessment of your intellect.
>
> --
> Most "Bruce" posts are from my stalker frogger.
> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

The dwarf has never been correct in his obsession about me. He's so invested in my life, every little thing I do, he envies. It's quite pathetic. Also pathetic is your constant need for some attention, greg. You'll do anything to get people to respond to you. Does Jesus know about your wanton, perverse, behavior?