Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 2:26:49 PM UTC-10, Seymour Jones wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:05:18 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
> >For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
> >cheeseburger 'sliders'. I'll be having two of them for dinner along
> >with some potato chips. Don't ask me why I like them. In Memphis we
> >had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing. It's been a
> >couple of decades since I had either one.
> >
> >I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to work. (The
> >breakroom has a full kitchen.) I'm in the process of building up a
> >supply of *homemade* freezer meals for lunches.

> Don't eat it! You're a premature biddy, not a real biddy. You're too
> young to die!
>
> "bun: enriched bleached wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour,
> niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water,
> sugar, soybean oil, contains 2% or less: yeast, salt, vital wheat
> gluten, mono-and diglycerides, corn starch, calcium stearoyl lactylate
> (csl), oat fiber, corn syrup solids, guar gum, sodium alginate,
> monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, xanthan gum, ascorbic acid (vitamin
> c). hamburger: beef. sharp pasteurized process american cheese:
> cultured milk, water, cream, sodium citrate, salt, sorbic acid
> (preservative), sodium phosphate, artificial color, enzymes, acetic
> acid, soy lecithin. water, dried onions, salt, pepper."
>
> --
> SJ

In the future, we'll probably be eating a lot more highly processed foods - if the past is any indication. I like modern foods. I can wake up early in the morning with low blood sugar and reach over for a Choco-pie or muffin that was baked months ago and adjust my levels. How great is that?