Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

On 2/19/2021 10:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/19/2021 9:03 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Well, I've never eaten at an actual White Castle restaurant.Â* The
>> frozen sliders are very much like what I recall from Kristal's
>> "restaurants". I'm not recommending anyone else eat or buy them.Â* Just
>> saying I had a couple of them for dinner tonight.Â* With potato chips.
>>
>> Jill

> My DIL was just talking about them last week.She said they are pretty
> good for a quick meal.Â* I'll have to pick up a package.Â* It is good to
> have something like that on hand for when you don't feel like cooking,

Today was one of those days I simply didn't feel like cooking. (I've
got a pot of mixed bean chili and a skillet of cornbread planned for
tomorrow.) Tonight, a couple of sliders and some chips... done. They
recommend microwave them from thawed, wrapped in paper towels. The
result is steamed, just as they were intended. I was surprised at how
nice they were.

Jill