Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White Castle Law Suit

> Boy, I wish we had a White Castle in our town. We don't even have one in
> the state. I think that it would be great if White Castle was doing this
> to increase awareness of the obesity problem facing this nation. OTOH,
> I'm betting the floor space in the particular WC might be lacking. OTOH,
> how much space do you need to cook such small burgers and do you really
> need to sit to eat one of those? Those NY guys just don't appreciate
> what they got.

When I lived in Cincinnati they had WC there, and I tried one of their
burgers once and it tasted like Liver and never ate there again.
Krystal Burgers are similar in size and shape, but they don't have
that funky taste; they reopened a Krystal in Greenville a couple years
ago after the one they had closed down in the early 1990's. I've
eaten at Krystal numerous times and I like their food, but White
Castle I can't stomach.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2011 12:14 PM, Michael OConnor wrote:

>> Boy, I wish we had a White Castle in our town. We don't even have one in
>> the state. I think that it would be great if White Castle was doing this
>> to increase awareness of the obesity problem facing this nation. OTOH,
>> I'm betting the floor space in the particular WC might be lacking. OTOH,
>> how much space do you need to cook such small burgers and do you really
>> need to sit to eat one of those? Those NY guys just don't appreciate
>> what they got.
>>

> When I lived in Cincinnati they had WC there, and I tried one of their
> burgers once and it tasted like Liver and never ate there again.
> Krystal Burgers are similar in size and shape, but they don't have
> that funky taste; they reopened a Krystal in Greenville a couple years
> ago after the one they had closed down in the early 1990's. I've
> eaten at Krystal numerous times and I like their food, but White
> Castle I can't stomach.

I have heard of the suspicion/rumor that WC burgers are made with liver.
I hate liver. My guess is that the addition of MSG would pretty much
take care of that problem with the flavor. I'm not familiar with Krystal
but how bad could non-liver tasting burgers be?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > When I lived in Cincinnati they had WC there, and I tried one of their
> > burgers once and it tasted like Liver and never ate there again.
> > Krystal Burgers are similar in size and shape, but they don't have
> > that funky taste; they reopened a Krystal in Greenville a couple years
> > ago after the one they had closed down in the early 1990's. *I've
> > eaten at Krystal numerous times and I like their food, but White
> > Castle I can't stomach.

> I have heard of the suspicion/rumor that WC burgers are made with liver.
> I hate liver. My guess is that the addition of MSG would pretty much
> take care of that problem with the flavor. I'm not familiar with Krystal
> but how bad could non-liver tasting burgers be?

Krystal also makes the one ounce piece of meat on a dinner roll like
the White Castles, but my main complaint with these tiny burgers is
that you have to eat about eight of them to get full and they're
mostly bun.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 9/12/2011 12:14 PM, Michael OConnor wrote:
>>
>>> Boy, I wish we had a White Castle in our town. We don't even have one in
>>> the state. I think that it would be great if White Castle was doing this
>>> to increase awareness of the obesity problem facing this nation. OTOH,
>>> I'm betting the floor space in the particular WC might be lacking. OTOH,
>>> how much space do you need to cook such small burgers and do you really
>>> need to sit to eat one of those? Those NY guys just don't appreciate
>>> what they got.
>>>

>> When I lived in Cincinnati they had WC there, and I tried one of their
>> burgers once and it tasted like Liver and never ate there again.
>> Krystal Burgers are similar in size and shape, but they don't have
>> that funky taste; they reopened a Krystal in Greenville a couple years
>> ago after the one they had closed down in the early 1990's. I've
>> eaten at Krystal numerous times and I like their food, but White
>> Castle I can't stomach.
>>

> I have heard of the suspicion/rumor that WC burgers are made with liver. I
> hate liver. My guess is that the addition of MSG would pretty much take
> care of that problem with the flavor. I'm not familiar with Krystal but
> how bad could non-liver tasting burgers be?

I may have had the real ones as a child. I don't remember. But I would
know if they were liver. I freaking HATE liver!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2011 4:12 PM, Michael OConnor wrote:

> Krystal also makes the one ounce piece of meat on a dinner roll like
> the White Castles, but my main complaint with these tiny burgers is
> that you have to eat about eight of them to get full and they're
> mostly bun.

Oddly enough, one of those with fries and a drink would be about right
for me. Two would be tough. Three would make me ill. I've reduced the
amount of food that I eat over the last 10 years of so that my stomach
must have shrank. I think that this is common for older folks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2011 6:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I may have had the real ones as a child. I don't remember. But I would
> know if they were liver. I freaking HATE liver!

Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel
sick just thinking about it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 9/12/2011 6:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I may have had the real ones as a child. I don't remember. But I would
>> know if they were liver. I freaking HATE liver!
>>

> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel sick
> just thinking about it.

My mother once gave me liver and told me it was steak which at that point in
time was a favorite food. I didn't believe her because it didn't look
right. But she insisted and told me to take a big bite of it which I did.

After that I was fearful of any food she gave me. I was very young.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2011 8:31 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
> .com...
>> On 9/12/2011 6:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I may have had the real ones as a child. I don't remember. But I would
>>> know if they were liver. I freaking HATE liver!
>>>

>> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel sick
>> just thinking about it.

> My mother once gave me liver and told me it was steak which at that point in
> time was a favorite food. I didn't believe her because it didn't look
> right. But she insisted and told me to take a big bite of it which I did.
>
> After that I was fearful of any food she gave me. I was very young.

Aye carumba!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 23:31:57 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
> .com...
>> On 9/12/2011 6:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I may have had the real ones as a child. I don't remember. But I would
>>> know if they were liver. I freaking HATE liver!
>>>

>> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel sick
>> just thinking about it.

> My mother once gave me liver and told me it was steak which at that point in
> time was a favorite food. I didn't believe her because it didn't look
> right. But she insisted and told me to take a big bite of it which I did.
>
> After that I was fearful of any food she gave me. I was very young.

My Mother used to serve horribly overcooked liver when I was a child, and
as a result I learned to hate it.

My Father also made me hate chicken, but that's another story.

Once I started cooking for myself (and after about 30 liver-free years) I
realized that liver was good if properly prepared.

It only took a dozen years to realize that chicken was also good if one
wasn't forced to eat all the fat, skin and gristle.

TFM®
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TFM®" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 23:31:57 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> .com...
>>>>

>>> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel
>>> sick
>>> just thinking about it.

>> My mother once gave me liver and told me it was steak which at that point
>> in
>> time was a favorite food. I didn't believe her because it didn't look
>> right. But she insisted and told me to take a big bite of it which I
>> did.
>>
>> After that I was fearful of any food she gave me. I was very young.

> My Mother used to serve horribly overcooked liver when I was a child, and
> as a result I learned to hate it.
>
> My Father also made me hate chicken, but that's another story.
>
> Once I started cooking for myself (and after about 30 liver-free years) I
> realized that liver was good if properly prepared.
>
> It only took a dozen years to realize that chicken was also good if one
> wasn't forced to eat all the fat, skin and gristle.

I think my mother overcooked all meats.

My daughter didn't like my chicken and complained that it was too dry. I
was cooking it like my mom did and her meat was always dry. I was actually
shocked to see how long a chicken breast should cook for. I was cooking it
for three times that long!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 03:28:59 -0400, TFM® >
wrote:

> My Father also made me hate chicken, but that's another story.

I thought I overcooked the chicken tonight because the thermometer
said 180°, but it was moist & juicy. I don't know how an instant read
that has been used less than 5 times and not abused can be so off, but
thank goodness it was.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2011 2:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote i

>> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel sick
>> just thinking about it.

> My mother once gave me liver and told me it was steak which at that point in
> time was a favorite food. I didn't believe her because it didn't look
> right. But she insisted and told me to take a big bite of it which I did.
>
> After that I was fearful of any food she gave me. I was very young.

When I was very little, under 5, my mother would make liver for
dinner once in a while. She was from the sit-there-until-you-eat-it
school and boy, did I sit there. It doesn't get any better cold.

Not too long ago she teased me, I stopped making liver because you
made such a fuss! Hey, I wasn't malnourished, I could have skipped
the meat portion of the meal if she wanted to make that disgusting
stuff. My younger brothers never did thank me for never having to
have liver.

It certainly didn't damage me for whatever else she made, I didn't
think she was trying to kill me with every dinner.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2011 2:13 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/12/2011 6:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I may have had the real ones as a child. I don't remember. But I would
>> know if they were liver. I freaking HATE liver!

> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel
> sick just thinking about it.

For me it has this off taste like ... it's been used to filter
crud or something.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" <email@replyto> wrote in message
.com...
> On 9/13/2011 2:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote i

>>> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel
>>> sick
>>> just thinking about it.

>> My mother once gave me liver and told me it was steak which at that point
>> in
>> time was a favorite food. I didn't believe her because it didn't look
>> right. But she insisted and told me to take a big bite of it which I
>> did.
>>
>> After that I was fearful of any food she gave me. I was very young.

> When I was very little, under 5, my mother would make liver for
> dinner once in a while. She was from the sit-there-until-you-eat-it
> school and boy, did I sit there. It doesn't get any better cold.
>
> Not too long ago she teased me, I stopped making liver because you
> made such a fuss! Hey, I wasn't malnourished, I could have skipped
> the meat portion of the meal if she wanted to make that disgusting
> stuff. My younger brothers never did thank me for never having to
> have liver.
>
> It certainly didn't damage me for whatever else she made, I didn't
> think she was trying to kill me with every dinner.
>
> nancy

***************
There was a little diner in Bartlett, TN where my mother and I used to go
after a bit of shopping. She always ordered the liver & onions. I think
it's got to be generational. She and my father both loved liver & onions.
They tried to get us kids to like it but finally gave up. Liver tastes
too... metallic. That's as best I can describe it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:13:27 -0400, Nancy Young <email@replyto> wrote:

>On 9/13/2011 2:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote i

>>> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel sick
>>> just thinking about it.

>> My mother once gave me liver and told me it was steak which at that point in
>> time was a favorite food. I didn't believe her because it didn't look
>> right. But she insisted and told me to take a big bite of it which I did.
>>
>> After that I was fearful of any food she gave me. I was very young.

>When I was very little, under 5, my mother would make liver for
>dinner once in a while. She was from the sit-there-until-you-eat-it
>school and boy, did I sit there. It doesn't get any better cold.
>
>Not too long ago she teased me, I stopped making liver because you
>made such a fuss! Hey, I wasn't malnourished, I could have skipped
>the meat portion of the meal if she wanted to make that disgusting
>stuff. My younger brothers never did thank me for never having to
>have liver.
>
>It certainly didn't damage me for whatever else she made, I didn't
>think she was trying to kill me with every dinner.
>
>nancy

Liver is excellent when one knows how to prepare it.
Liver is still a popular dish in the military, for recipes scroll:
http://www.quartermaster.army.mil/jc...full_index.pdf
A very popular item on the menu was "Liver Fingers"; cut slices of
liver into 3/4" strips about 4" long, coat with egg wash, toss with
seasoned flour, coat with egg wash, coat with seasoned bread crumbs,
and deep fry til golden, could hardly cook them fast enough, the crew
loved them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 19:12:06 -0700 (PDT), Michael OConnor
> wrote:

>> > When I lived in Cincinnati they had WC there, and I tried one of their
>> > burgers once and it tasted like Liver and never ate there again.
>> > Krystal Burgers are similar in size and shape, but they don't have
>> > that funky taste; they reopened a Krystal in Greenville a couple years
>> > ago after the one they had closed down in the early 1990's. *I've
>> > eaten at Krystal numerous times and I like their food, but White
>> > Castle I can't stomach.

>> I have heard of the suspicion/rumor that WC burgers are made with liver.
>> I hate liver. My guess is that the addition of MSG would pretty much
>> take care of that problem with the flavor. I'm not familiar with Krystal
>> but how bad could non-liver tasting burgers be?

>Krystal also makes the one ounce piece of meat on a dinner roll like
>the White Castles, but my main complaint with these tiny burgers is
>that you have to eat about eight of them to get full and they're
>mostly bun.

4-5 White Castles w/cheese fills me up.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 19:50:46 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

>On 9/12/2011 4:12 PM, Michael OConnor wrote:
>>
>> Krystal also makes the one ounce piece of meat on a dinner roll like
>> the White Castles, but my main complaint with these tiny burgers is
>> that you have to eat about eight of them to get full and they're
>> mostly bun.

>Oddly enough, one of those with fries and a drink would be about right
>for me. Two would be tough. Three would make me ill. I've reduced the
>amount of food that I eat over the last 10 years of so that my stomach
>must have shrank. I think that this is common for older folks.

I can't eat anywhere near what I at 20 years ago.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 23:31:57 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> .com...
>>>>

>>> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel sick
>>> just thinking about it.

>> My mother once gave me liver and told me it was steak which at that point in
>> time was a favorite food. I didn't believe her because it didn't look
>> right. But she insisted and told me to take a big bite of it which I did.
>>
>> After that I was fearful of any food she gave me. I was very young.

>My Mother used to serve horribly overcooked liver when I was a child, and
>as a result I learned to hate it.
>
>My Father also made me hate chicken, but that's another story.
>
>Once I started cooking for myself (and after about 30 liver-free years) I
>realized that liver was good if properly prepared.
>
>It only took a dozen years to realize that chicken was also good if one
>wasn't forced to eat all the fat, skin and gristle.

My mom did an ok job with liver and I've always liked it. But she
over cooked chicken and pork and I hated both until I left the nest.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:13:27 -0400, Nancy Young <email@replyto> wrote:

> On 9/13/2011 2:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > > wrote i

> >> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel sick
> >> just thinking about it.

> > My mother once gave me liver and told me it was steak which at that point in
> > time was a favorite food. I didn't believe her because it didn't look
> > right. But she insisted and told me to take a big bite of it which I did.
> >
> > After that I was fearful of any food she gave me. I was very young.

> When I was very little, under 5, my mother would make liver for
> dinner once in a while. She was from the sit-there-until-you-eat-it
> school and boy, did I sit there. It doesn't get any better cold.
>
> Not too long ago she teased me, I stopped making liver because you
> made such a fuss! Hey, I wasn't malnourished, I could have skipped
> the meat portion of the meal if she wanted to make that disgusting
> stuff. My younger brothers never did thank me for never having to
> have liver.
>
> It certainly didn't damage me for whatever else she made, I didn't
> think she was trying to kill me with every dinner.

I feel your pain, we all had our crosses to bear. My mother was a
grown up fussy eater, so I didn't experience foods like liver or pot
roast until I was an adult and cooked for myself; but she made me sit
there until I finished things like (canned) peas or succotash.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:30:36 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> She and my father both loved liver & onions.
> They tried to get us kids to like it but finally gave up. Liver tastes
> too... metallic. That's as best I can describe it.

My husband liked liver & onions too. I discovered I could stomach
calves liver (didn't like beef liver at all) if I didn't overcook it
and served it with mashed potatoes.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 13, 8:13*am, Nancy Young <email@replyto> wrote:
> On 9/13/2011 2:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > > *wrote i
> >> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel sick
> >> just thinking about it.

> > My mother once gave me liver and told me it was steak which at that point in
> > time was a favorite food. *I didn't believe her because it didn't look
> > right. *But she insisted and told me to take a big bite of it which I did.

> > After that I was fearful of any food she gave me. *I was very young.

> When I was very little, under 5, my mother would make liver for
> dinner once in a while. *She was from the sit-there-until-you-eat-it
> school and boy, did I sit there. *It doesn't get any better cold.
>
> Not too long ago she teased me, I stopped making liver because you
> made such a fuss! *Hey, I wasn't malnourished, I could have skipped
> the meat portion of the meal if she wanted to make that disgusting
> stuff. *My younger brothers never did thank me for never having to
> have liver.
>
> It certainly didn't damage me for whatever else she made, I didn't
> think she was trying to kill me with every dinner.
>
> nancy

Calves liver is good if you before frying you cut out the veins that
are in there. And cook it no more than medium rare. I use a very
sharp knife (razor blade is optional, and works very well) to cut out
the veins. I hate to chew on those things while I am eating.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2011 2:19 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 9/13/2011 2:13 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 9/12/2011 6:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I may have had the real ones as a child. I don't remember. But I would
>>> know if they were liver. I freaking HATE liver!

>> Funny how nobody's indifferent to liver. That chalky stuff makes feel
>> sick just thinking about it.

> For me it has this off taste like ... it's been used to filter
> crud or something.

Good point, the liver is supposed to remove the toxin substances in our
bodies - you'd think a liver would be a kinda deadly to eat.

> nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2011 4:25 AM, Lou Decruss wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 19:50:46 -1000, > wrote:
>
>> On 9/12/2011 4:12 PM, Michael OConnor wrote:
>>>
>>> Krystal also makes the one ounce piece of meat on a dinner roll like
>>> the White Castles, but my main complaint with these tiny burgers is
>>> that you have to eat about eight of them to get full and they're
>>> mostly bun.

>> Oddly enough, one of those with fries and a drink would be about right
>> for me. Two would be tough. Three would make me ill. I've reduced the
>> amount of food that I eat over the last 10 years of so that my stomach
>> must have shrank. I think that this is common for older folks.

> I can't eat anywhere near what I at 20 years ago.
>
> Lou

I eat like a 10 year old. In a few years, I'll probably be eating
toddler food. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 06:50:18 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 9/13/2011 4:25 AM, Lou Decruss wrote:

>>> Oddly enough, one of those with fries and a drink would be about right
>>> for me. Two would be tough. Three would make me ill. I've reduced the
>>> amount of food that I eat over the last 10 years of so that my stomach
>>> must have shrank. I think that this is common for older folks.

>> I can't eat anywhere near what I at 20 years ago.
>>
>> Lou

>I eat like a 10 year old. In a few years, I'll probably be eating
>toddler food. :-)

I ate more at 10 than I do now. I'm early 50's. We're slowly trying
to eat better as everything we eat goes to my belly and Louise's ass.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2011 9:19 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:13:27 -0400, Nancy Young<email@replyto> wrote:

>> Not too long ago she teased me, I stopped making liver because you
>> made such a fuss! Hey, I wasn't malnourished, I could have skipped
>> the meat portion of the meal if she wanted to make that disgusting
>> stuff. My younger brothers never did thank me for never having to
>> have liver.

> Liver is excellent when one knows how to prepare it.

In someone else's house not near mine. I can't even stand to
smell it cooking. You can't cover it up with bacon, either.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:09:03 -0400, Nancy Young <email@replyto> wrote:

>On 9/13/2011 9:19 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:13:27 -0400, Nancy Young<email@replyto> wrote:

>>> Not too long ago she teased me, I stopped making liver because you
>>> made such a fuss! Hey, I wasn't malnourished, I could have skipped
>>> the meat portion of the meal if she wanted to make that disgusting
>>> stuff. My younger brothers never did thank me for never having to
>>> have liver.

>> Liver is excellent when one knows how to prepare it.

>In someone else's house not near mine. I can't even stand to
>smell it cooking. You can't cover it up with bacon, either.

Odd as it may seem Louise doesn't mind the smell but will have no part
of eating it.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2011 3:41 PM, Lou Decruss wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:09:03 -0400, Nancy Young<email@replyto> wrote:

>> In someone else's house not near mine. I can't even stand to
>> smell it cooking. You can't cover it up with bacon, either.

> Odd as it may seem Louise doesn't mind the smell but will have no part
> of eating it.

Luckily it's not an issue because I would feel a little bad about
it because I'm not usually a my-way-or-the-highway type but I
don't want that cooked near me. Louise is better than me.

I used to work in an office building that had a cafeteria. Once
in a while they'd break out the liver/onion/bacon thing and I
always knew when, the smell would hit you in the parking lot.
Nothing else would permeate like that, just the liver.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 13, 10:20*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 06:50:18 -1000, dsi1
>

> > wrote:

> >> I can't eat anywhere near what I at 20 years ago.

> >> Lou

> >I eat like a 10 year old. In a few years, I'll probably be eating
> >toddler food. :-)

> I ate more at 10 than I do now. *I'm early 50's. *We're slowly trying
> to eat better as everything we eat goes to my belly and Louise's ass.
>
> Lou *

Louise won't like that comment!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:45:06 -0400, Nancy Young <email@replyto> wrote:

>On 9/13/2011 3:41 PM, Lou Decruss wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:09:03 -0400, Nancy Young<email@replyto> wrote:

>>> In someone else's house not near mine. I can't even stand to
>>> smell it cooking. You can't cover it up with bacon, either.

>> Odd as it may seem Louise doesn't mind the smell but will have no part
>> of eating it.

>Luckily it's not an issue because I would feel a little bad about
>it because I'm not usually a my-way-or-the-highway type but I
>don't want that cooked near me. Louise is better than me.

LOL. Not better. It just doesn't bother her.

>I used to work in an office building that had a cafeteria. Once
>in a while they'd break out the liver/onion/bacon thing and I
>always knew when, the smell would hit you in the parking lot.
>Nothing else would permeate like that, just the liver.

Yeah, it is a strong smell.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:07:09 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

>On Sep 13, 10:20*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:

>> I ate more at 10 than I do now. *I'm early 50's. *We're slowly trying
>> to eat better as everything we eat goes to my belly and Louise's ass.
>>
>> Lou *

>Louise won't like that comment!

She has no clue how to get here so I'm safe.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/09/2011 11:29 AM, Lou Decruss wrote:
ant that cooked near me. Louise is better than me.

> LOL. Not better. It just doesn't bother her.
>
>> I used to work in an office building that had a cafeteria. Once
>> in a while they'd break out the liver/onion/bacon thing and I
>> always knew when, the smell would hit you in the parking lot.
>> Nothing else would permeate like that, just the liver.

> Yeah, it is a strong smell.

Yet, some people love it. I love liverwurst and liver pate, but am not a
fan of liver as an entree. My wife sometimes cooks it for herself if I
am away, and often orders in in restaurants.