Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

On 2/20/2021 2:34 AM, BryanGSimmons wrote:
> On 2/19/2021 6:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> For grins and giggles I bought a box of frozen White Castle brand
>> cheeseburger 'sliders'.Â* I'll be having two of them for dinner along
>> with some potato chips.Â* Don't ask me why I like them.Â* In Memphis we
>> had Krystal's, which were pretty much the same thing.Â* It's been a
>> couple of decades since I had either one.
>>
>> I think these will make an easy occasional lunch to take to work.
>> (The breakroom has a full kitchen.)Â* I'm in the process of building up
>> a supply of *homemade* freezer meals for lunches.
>>
>> Jill

> Krystal burgers are different from White Castles,

Not in my experience. Krystal's are square small burgers with holes
poked in the meat, steamed onions, steamed buns. Very similar. The
only difference is Krystal adds a slice of dill pickle on top. I always
asked them to leave it off. I hate pickles.

> and frozen White
> Castles are a pale imitation of the things you get from the restaurant.

Well, I've never eaten at an actual White Castle restaurant. The frozen
sliders are very much like what I recall from Kristal's "restaurants".
I'm not recommending anyone else eat or buy them. Just saying I had a
couple of them for dinner tonight. With potato chips.

Jill