Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pot luck item

On 8/17/2017 8:12 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> I think that the role of McDonalds and other less salubrious hangouts
>>> (KFC, Burger King etc) differs per culture. A European Ed Pawlowski
>>> would not meet his mates at a McDonalds.

>> Comes off as a bit snooty there. Intended?

> In Europe McDonalds is for children and for uneducated, lower
> socio-economic people. A French or Dutch Ed P. wouldn't meet his mates
> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
> expensive.

This is true. In Europe though, I did go to McD twice. Like here, they
have clean restrooms and had parking. There are many wonderful cafes
thoug, to enjoy a coffe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-17 9:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/17/2017 8:12 PM, Bruce wrote:
> This is true. In Europe though, I did go to McD twice. Like here, they
> have clean restrooms and had parking. There are many wonderful cafes
> thoug, to enjoy a coffe.

I went to one in Baden Baden about 20 years ago. It was mid morning on
Sunday and it was the only place open. I have stepped into a few in
other European cities and listened long enough to determine the
clientele were locals and not American tourists
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 22:10:23 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-08-17 9:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 8/17/2017 8:12 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> This is true. In Europe though, I did go to McD twice. Like here, they
>> have clean restrooms and had parking. There are many wonderful cafes
>> thoug, to enjoy a coffe.

>I went to one in Baden Baden about 20 years ago. It was mid morning on
>Sunday and it was the only place open. I have stepped into a few in
>other European cities and listened long enough to determine the
>clientele were locals and not American tourists

But I didn't say that only American tourists go to European McDonalds.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/16/2017 11:00 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cheri wrote:

>>> Duh. You had to google it to know that fish/fishing stories
>>> usually cover many subjects and are often exaggerated?
>>> Still men don't do real fishing stories or if they
>>> do, it's a minor conversation in the morning.
>>>
>>> As long as they come back home to you, be happy.

>> No, I didn't have to Google it to know what I was writing, but you obviously
>> didn't know the difference so I pointed it out to you. Duh.

(snippage)

> That's the most clueless response I've heard here in years.
> Young hotties don't want an old guy like me and I do know my
> place. I never hit on them but I still admire them. You are
> correct though when saying ferrets love me...that's a caring,
> loving relationship not about sex or physical attraction.

(more snippage)

The problem, Gary, is you didn't know what a "fish story" is. Really?
You never heard that term before?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/14/2017 9:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/14/2017 5:58 PM, cshenk wrote:
>
>>> Why do you have to constantly drag up how he had to deal with his
>>> wife's illness??

>> Maybe I'm glad I spot read because I haven't got a clue on that one.
>> So his wife was ill and something happened?
>>

> IIRC it was a post surgery problem.

IIRC, too. I certainly didn't continually post about it as was
suggested. It was simply a bizarre post about him wondering how to
dispose of a blood-stained mattress. He's the one who brought up they
might think he killed his wife. I find most of his posts rather bizarre.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>> > I don't know Bruno Mars. I know that the Super Bowl is a sports
>> > event in the US. Something about the nipple of Michael Jackson's
>> > sister?

>> Yep. Bruno is cool. From Hawaii.

> He's Filipeno

That could be. But he's still from Hawaii.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 23:50:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> I didn't know you were so talented. Do you have a new album coming out?

>>I hear that Snoop Dog is in a few of the songs.

> Yes, he needed some exposure. People are starting to forget.

Yep. I guess that cooking with Martha Stewart thing didn't go so well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 01:55:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 23:50:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>I hear that Snoop Dog is in a few of the songs.

>> Yes, he needed some exposure. People are starting to forget.

>Yep. I guess that cooking with Martha Stewart thing didn't go so well.

I've only ever seen Martha Stewart with Kate McGarrigle.
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JUmbuj2nhw>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5:09:38 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

> I've only ever seen Martha Stewart with Kate McGarrigle.
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JUmbuj2nhw>

I once surfed into Martha Stewart baking with The Rock:

<http://www.marthastewart.com/914472/cookie-week-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake>

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 03:30:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5:09:38 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>
>> I've only ever seen Martha Stewart with Kate McGarrigle.
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JUmbuj2nhw>

>I once surfed into Martha Stewart baking with The Rock:
>
><http://www.marthastewart.com/914472/cookie-week-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake>

I don't know who The Rock is, but Kate and Anna McGarrigle and Gordon
Lightfoot are my favourite Canadians, even though I normally don't
like Goodie 2 Shoe music.

Ok, I checked out the video clip. The Rock looks extremely muscular
and equally stupid.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> The problem, Gary, is you didn't know what a "fish story" is. Really?
> You never heard that term before?

Old SNL frequent quote: "Jane, you ignorant slut."

You are a bit late and a dollar short on this comment.
Beware though, Cheri doesn't like people "butting in"
to a post when she is talking to someone.

First know that a "fish story" got it's origin from
the "fishing story" like, "you should have seen the
one that got away."

There's your fishing story reference.

I read all posts in the morning before I reply so I don't
answer anyone that has already gotten an answer.

By the time I read all posts in that tread (and many
butting into the post hehhe), This is what I read.

Cheri:
>> I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and
>> moving, has coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt
>> swapping fish stories, and then comes home to start the day.

Then Cheri talking to Whine:
DH goes fishing quite often and the dog goes with him, but the
dog
doesn't care much for coffee.

Then Bruce:
Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you
feel
a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?

Then Sanne and Ophelia joined in responding to "fishing" stories

No wonder I reponded to fishing stories rather than fish stories.

No one in this ng can say shit without getting misinterpreted
and slammed here occasionally.
RFC really is a Bozo bus.

Silly ppl here but I am one of them that keeps hanging around.
So....guess I'm just as bad (or good?)

I just pointed out that men that get together in the morning
aren't a bunch of morons that just talk nonsense and "fish"
stories. Deal with it wives.

:-o
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 7:09:08 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 03:30:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5:09:38 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> >
> >> I've only ever seen Martha Stewart with Kate McGarrigle.
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JUmbuj2nhw>

> >I once surfed into Martha Stewart baking with The Rock:
> >
> ><http://www.marthastewart.com/914472/cookie-week-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake>

> I don't know who The Rock is, but Kate and Anna McGarrigle and Gordon
> Lightfoot are my favourite Canadians, even though I normally don't
> like Goodie 2 Shoe music.
>
> Ok, I checked out the video clip. The Rock looks extremely muscular
> and equally stupid.

Used to be a wrestler. Now he's an actor. He's probably
not as dumb as he looks.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 06:39:50 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 7:09:08 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 03:30:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I once surfed into Martha Stewart baking with The Rock:
>> >
>> ><http://www.marthastewart.com/914472/cookie-week-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake>

>> I don't know who The Rock is, but Kate and Anna McGarrigle and Gordon
>> Lightfoot are my favourite Canadians, even though I normally don't
>> like Goodie 2 Shoe music.
>>
>> Ok, I checked out the video clip. The Rock looks extremely muscular
>> and equally stupid.

>Used to be a wrestler. Now he's an actor. He's probably
>not as dumb as he looks.

Ok, I'll believe that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 03:30:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>>On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5:09:38 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> I've only ever seen Martha Stewart with Kate McGarrigle.
>>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JUmbuj2nhw>

>>I once surfed into Martha Stewart baking with The Rock:
>>
>><http://www.marthastewart.com/914472/cookie-week-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake>

> I don't know who The Rock is, but Kate and Anna McGarrigle and Gordon
> Lightfoot are my favourite Canadians, even though I normally don't
> like Goodie 2 Shoe music.
>
> Ok, I checked out the video clip. The Rock looks extremely muscular
> and equally stupid.

Football player turned actor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 1:09:08 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 03:30:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5:09:38 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> >
> >> I've only ever seen Martha Stewart with Kate McGarrigle.
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JUmbuj2nhw>

> >I once surfed into Martha Stewart baking with The Rock:
> >
> ><http://www.marthastewart.com/914472/cookie-week-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake>

> I don't know who The Rock is, but Kate and Anna McGarrigle and Gordon
> Lightfoot are my favourite Canadians, even though I normally don't
> like Goodie 2 Shoe music.
>
> Ok, I checked out the video clip. The Rock looks extremely muscular
> and equally stupid.

That muscular, stupid, guy could be the next president of the United States. Show some respect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 1:09:08 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 03:30:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5:09:38 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> >
> >> I've only ever seen Martha Stewart with Kate McGarrigle.
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JUmbuj2nhw>

> >I once surfed into Martha Stewart baking with The Rock:
> >
> ><http://www.marthastewart.com/914472/cookie-week-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake>

> I don't know who The Rock is, but Kate and Anna McGarrigle and Gordon
> Lightfoot are my favourite Canadians, even though I normally don't
> like Goodie 2 Shoe music.
>
> Ok, I checked out the video clip. The Rock looks extremely muscular
> and equally stupid.

That muscular, stupid, guy could be the next president of the United States.
Show some respect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

==

Well that was quite jolly until the end, and he blocked her in that dark
cave ...

What on earth was it about?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 18:45:42 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >> there in >>> the morning. It is not the place to go for a good
> >> breakfast, but very >>> convenient to meet some of your old cronies
> >> from work. >>
> >> want to >> bring a balloon for each of us and order a clown.

> work >> > at the drive through.

> >> I think that the role of McDonalds and other less salubrious

> hangouts >> (KFC, Burger King etc) differs per culture. A European Ed
> Pawlowski >> would not meet his mates at a McDonalds.
> >
> > Comes off as a bit snooty there. Intended?

> In Europe McDonalds is for children and for uneducated, lower
> socio-economic people. A French or Dutch Ed P. wouldn't meet his mates
> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
> expensive.

Got it. Being snooty about peopel who eat there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 19:03:57 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> work >> > at the drive through.

>> hangouts >> (KFC, Burger King etc) differs per culture. A European Ed
>> Pawlowski >> would not meet his mates at a McDonalds.
>> >
>> > Comes off as a bit snooty there. Intended?

>> In Europe McDonalds is for children and for uneducated, lower
>> socio-economic people. A French or Dutch Ed P. wouldn't meet his mates
>> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
>> expensive.

>Got it. Being snooty about peopel who eat there.

I'm always surprised at how you can misunderstand simple sentences.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 10:33:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 1:09:08 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 03:30:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >I once surfed into Martha Stewart baking with The Rock:
> > >
> > ><http://www.marthastewart.com/914472/cookie-week-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake>

> > I don't know who The Rock is, but Kate and Anna McGarrigle and Gordon
> > Lightfoot are my favourite Canadians, even though I normally don't
> > like Goodie 2 Shoe music.
> >
> > Ok, I checked out the video clip. The Rock looks extremely muscular
> > and equally stupid.

> That muscular, stupid, guy could be the next president of the United States.
> Show some respect!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
>
> ==
>
> Well that was quite jolly until the end, and he blocked her in that dark
> cave ...
>
> What on earth was it about?
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Maui is a mythical folk hero known throughout Polynesia. He was half human half god. He captured the sun and beat it with a stick which made it slow down so humans could have more daylight hours. He pulled out islands out of the ocean with a magic fishhook. Depending on who's telling the story, the islands could be Samoa, or New Zealand, or Hawaii. Maui could change his form and loved to play jokes on humans. Back then, sealing a girl up in a cave was considered very funny.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 2:12:35 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 18:45:42 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> >Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >> there in >>> the morning. It is not the place to go for a good
> >> breakfast, but very >>> convenient to meet some of your old cronies
> >> from work. >>
> >> want to >> bring a balloon for each of us and order a clown.

> >> I think that the role of McDonalds and other less salubrious hangouts
> >> (KFC, Burger King etc) differs per culture. A European Ed Pawlowski
> >> would not meet his mates at a McDonalds.

> >Comes off as a bit snooty there. Intended?

> In Europe McDonalds is for children and for uneducated, lower
> socio-economic people. A French or Dutch Ed P. wouldn't meet his mates
> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
> expensive.

In America, McDonald's is a place where families go to eat in a clean, safe, environment. You get your food fast and it won't cost you an arm or a leg.. You won't see hipsters or trendy kids there. Nor will there likely to druggies, ladies of ill-repute, or winos, laid out near the entrance that you have to step over. It's the perfect place for kids and their parents and retirees. Thanks McDonald's!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 22:00:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 2:12:35 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

>> >Comes off as a bit snooty there. Intended?

>> In Europe McDonalds is for children and for uneducated, lower
>> socio-economic people. A French or Dutch Ed P. wouldn't meet his mates
>> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
>> expensive.

>In America, McDonald's is a place where families go to eat in a clean, safe, environment. You get your food fast and it won't cost you an arm or a leg. You won't see hipsters or trendy kids there. Nor will there likely to druggies, ladies of ill-repute, or winos, laid out near the entrance that you have to step over. It's the perfect place for kids and their parents and retirees. Thanks McDonald's!

I always feel a bit sick when you do your fanboy thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 7:34:32 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 22:00:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
> wrote:

> >> In Europe McDonalds is for children and for uneducated, lower
> >> socio-economic people. A French or Dutch Ed P. wouldn't meet his mates
> >> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
> >> expensive.

> >In America, McDonald's is a place where families go to eat in a clean, safe, environment. You get your food fast and it won't cost you an arm or a leg. You won't see hipsters or trendy kids there. Nor will there likely to druggies, ladies of ill-repute, or winos, laid out near the entrance that you have to step over. It's the perfect place for kids and their parents and retirees. Thanks McDonald's!

> I always feel a bit sick when you do your fanboy thing.

I added that last sentence just to get your goat. You should not let other people do that to you but it is just further proof that I am not a good person. Please remember this.

As always, if there is anything in my posts that is not true, let me know about it so that I can clarify or correct my mistake. Thank you very much.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 23:09:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 7:34:32 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 22:00:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >In America, McDonald's is a place where families go to eat in a clean, safe, environment. You get your food fast and it won't cost you an arm or a leg. You won't see hipsters or trendy kids there. Nor will there likely to druggies, ladies of ill-repute, or winos, laid out near the entrance that you have to step over. It's the perfect place for kids and their parents and retirees. Thanks McDonald's!

>> I always feel a bit sick when you do your fanboy thing.

>I added that last sentence just to get your goat. You should not let other people do that to you but it is just further proof that I am not a good person. Please remember this.
>
>As always, if there is anything in my posts that is not true, let me know about it so that I can clarify or correct my mistake. Thank you very much.

Apparently, in the US, people see McDonalds as a "clean, safe
environment". In Europe, lower socio-economic groups excepted,
McDonalds is considered a place where you buy bad, cheap, unhealthy
food and to which you expose your children as little as possible.

We have no choice but to embrace these cultural differences
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 8:34:14 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 23:09:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi10yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 7:34:32 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> >> I always feel a bit sick when you do your fanboy thing.

> >I added that last sentence just to get your goat. You should not let other people do that to you but it is just further proof that I am not a good person. Please remember this.
> >
> >As always, if there is anything in my posts that is not true, let me know about it so that I can clarify or correct my mistake. Thank you very much..

> Apparently, in the US, people see McDonalds as a "clean, safe
> environment". In Europe, lower socio-economic groups excepted,
> McDonalds is considered a place where you buy bad, cheap, unhealthy
> food and to which you expose your children as little as possible.
>
> We have no choice but to embrace these cultural differences

I don't have any problem with that. What I'm seeing is that McDonald's in Europe is not a kid friendly place. Mostly they seem to cater to the 18+ age group. They sell beer fer christsake! My guess is that poor folk don't eat at McDonald's in Europe. Too expensive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 00:07:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 8:34:14 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 23:09:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi10yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >I added that last sentence just to get your goat. You should not let other people do that to you but it is just further proof that I am not a good person. Please remember this.
>> >
>> >As always, if there is anything in my posts that is not true, let me know about it so that I can clarify or correct my mistake. Thank you very much.

>> Apparently, in the US, people see McDonalds as a "clean, safe
>> environment". In Europe, lower socio-economic groups excepted,
>> McDonalds is considered a place where you buy bad, cheap, unhealthy
>> food and to which you expose your children as little as possible.
>>
>> We have no choice but to embrace these cultural differences

>I don't have any problem with that. What I'm seeing is that McDonald's in Europe is not a kid friendly place. Mostly they seem to cater to the 18+ age group. They sell beer fer christsake! My guess is that poor folk don't eat at McDonald's in Europe. Too expensive.

If poor folk want it cheaper, they'll have to cook something
themselves.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 10:33:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 1:09:08 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 03:30:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >I once surfed into Martha Stewart baking with The Rock:
> > >
> > ><http://www.marthastewart.com/914472/cookie-week-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake>

> > I don't know who The Rock is, but Kate and Anna McGarrigle and Gordon
> > Lightfoot are my favourite Canadians, even though I normally don't
> > like Goodie 2 Shoe music.
> >
> > Ok, I checked out the video clip. The Rock looks extremely muscular
> > and equally stupid.

> That muscular, stupid, guy could be the next president of the United
> States.
> Show some respect!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
>
> ==
>
> Well that was quite jolly until the end, and he blocked her in that dark
> cave ...
>
> What on earth was it about?
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Maui is a mythical folk hero known throughout Polynesia. He was half human
half god. He captured the sun and beat it with a stick which made it slow
down so humans could have more daylight hours. He pulled out islands out of
the ocean with a magic fishhook. Depending on who's telling the story, the
islands could be Samoa, or New Zealand, or Hawaii. Maui could change his
form and loved to play jokes on humans. Back then, sealing a girl up in a
cave was considered very funny.

==

Ok thanks)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 2:12:35 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> > >Comes off as a bit snooty there. Intended?

> > In Europe McDonalds is for children and for uneducated, lower
> > socio-economic people. A French or Dutch Ed P. wouldn't meet his mates
> > there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
> > expensive.

> In America, McDonald's is a place where families go to eat in a clean, safe, environment.

You get your food fast and it won't cost you an arm or a leg.

Unless Paw decides to shoot the place up.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/19/2017 2:34 AM, Bruce wrote:

> Apparently, in the US, people see McDonalds as a "clean, safe
> environment". In Europe, lower socio-economic groups excepted,
> McDonalds is considered a place where you buy bad, cheap, unhealthy
> food and to which you expose your children as little as possible.
>
> We have no choice but to embrace these cultural differences

True. I've stopped and highway rest stops in Italy and had a superb
sandwich or meal. You can even get a glass of wine. I've traveled
across this country a few times and nothing comes close.

The food at McD, BK, and their ilk, mostly sucks but they do have high
standards for cleanliness. They are ok for a coffee and muffin.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 09:09:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 8/19/2017 2:34 AM, Bruce wrote:
>

>> Apparently, in the US, people see McDonalds as a "clean, safe
>> environment". In Europe, lower socio-economic groups excepted,
>> McDonalds is considered a place where you buy bad, cheap, unhealthy
>> food and to which you expose your children as little as possible.
>>
>> We have no choice but to embrace these cultural differences
>>

>True. I've stopped and highway rest stops in Italy and had a superb
>sandwich or meal. You can even get a glass of wine. I've traveled
>across this country a few times and nothing comes close.
>
>The food at McD, BK, and their ilk, mostly sucks but they do have high
>standards for cleanliness. They are ok for a coffee and muffin.

Yes in NA I would pick a fast food joint, but never McDogs. Wendy's
would probably be it, or Harveys. To me, all the McDogs stuff has a
defined taste, not relevant to different items, just the McDogs taste
and I don't care for it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:09:23 -0300, wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 09:09:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 8/19/2017 2:34 AM, Bruce wrote:
>>

>>> Apparently, in the US, people see McDonalds as a "clean, safe
>>> environment". In Europe, lower socio-economic groups excepted,
>>> McDonalds is considered a place where you buy bad, cheap, unhealthy
>>> food and to which you expose your children as little as possible.
>>>
>>> We have no choice but to embrace these cultural differences
>>>

>>True. I've stopped and highway rest stops in Italy and had a superb
>>sandwich or meal. You can even get a glass of wine. I've traveled
>>across this country a few times and nothing comes close.
>>
>>The food at McD, BK, and their ilk, mostly sucks but they do have high
>>standards for cleanliness. They are ok for a coffee and muffin.

>Yes in NA I would pick a fast food joint, but never McDogs. Wendy's
>would probably be it, or Harveys. To me, all the McDogs stuff has a
>defined taste, not relevant to different items, just the McDogs taste
>and I don't care for it.

DH and I like A&W. You can get an actual breakfast there that isn't a
"breakfast sandwich." Eggs and bacon served on a plate. Toast and jam.
And their burgers are miles above other chains. I like their chicken
burgers, because you get an actual chicken breast filet - not
something that has been McChickened.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 19:03:57 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> >> In Europe McDonalds is for children and for uneducated, lower
> >> socio-economic people. A French or Dutch Ed P. wouldn't meet his

> mates >> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
> >> expensive.

> > Got it. Being snooty about people who eat there.

> I'm always surprised at how you can misunderstand simple sentences.

I'm always suprised at how you can insult people and not recognize it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> mates >> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
>> >
>> > Got it. Being snooty about people who eat there.

>> I'm always surprised at how you can misunderstand simple sentences.

> I'm always suprised at how you can insult people and not recognize it.

What makes you think he doesn't recognize it?

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:58:12 -0400, Doris Night
> wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:09:23 -0300, wrote:

>>>True. I've stopped and highway rest stops in Italy and had a superb
>>>sandwich or meal. You can even get a glass of wine. I've traveled
>>>across this country a few times and nothing comes close.
>>>
>>>The food at McD, BK, and their ilk, mostly sucks but they do have high
>>>standards for cleanliness. They are ok for a coffee and muffin.

>>Yes in NA I would pick a fast food joint, but never McDogs. Wendy's
>>would probably be it, or Harveys. To me, all the McDogs stuff has a
>>defined taste, not relevant to different items, just the McDogs taste
>>and I don't care for it.

>DH and I like A&W. You can get an actual breakfast there that isn't a
>"breakfast sandwich." Eggs and bacon served on a plate. Toast and jam.
>And their burgers are miles above other chains. I like their chicken
>burgers, because you get an actual chicken breast filet - not
>something that has been McChickened.
>
>Doris

Yes, I forgot them, also several cuts above McDogs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 18:10:35 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 00:07:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>
>>On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 8:34:14 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

>>> Apparently, in the US, people see McDonalds as a "clean, safe
>>> environment". In Europe, lower socio-economic groups excepted,
>>> McDonalds is considered a place where you buy bad, cheap, unhealthy
>>> food and to which you expose your children as little as possible.
>>>
>>> We have no choice but to embrace these cultural differences

>>I don't have any problem with that. What I'm seeing is that McDonald's in Europe is not a kid friendly place. Mostly they seem to cater to the 18+ age group. They sell beer fer christsake! My guess is that poor folk don't eat at McDonald's in Europe. Too expensive.

>If poor folk want it cheaper, they'll have to cook something
>themselves.

I've driven coast to coast in the US and in Canada many times, mostly
meals were from a supermarket, reasonably priced, always clean, and a
fantastic selection of viands. I traveled with a small ice chest and
with a small charcoal grill... I could eat anything served at the
finast reataurants for 1/10 the cost, and cleaner by far. Most motor
inns have a picnic area, many supply charcoal grills.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >>mates >> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty

> or >>>> expensive.

> > > I'm always surprised at how you can misunderstand simple
> > > sentences.

> > I'm always suprised at how you can insult people and not recognize
> > it.

> What makes you think he doesn't recognize it?
>
> Cheri

I stand corrected. He probably does realize how insulting he can be.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes in NA I would pick a fast food joint, but never McDogs. Wendy's
>>> would probably be it, or Harveys. To me, all the McDogs stuff has a
>>> defined taste, not relevant to different items, just the McDogs taste
>>> and I don't care for it.

>> DH and I like A&W. You can get an actual breakfast there that isn't a
>> "breakfast sandwich." Eggs and bacon served on a plate. Toast and jam.
>> And their burgers are miles above other chains. I like their chicken
>> burgers, because you get an actual chicken breast filet - not
>> something that has been McChickened.
>>
>> Doris

> Yes, I forgot them, also several cuts above McDogs.

When they were very young, I used to take my grandchildren to McDo. When
they were about 6 and 8, they decided, quite independently, that they no
longer wanted to go there as they felt McDo used cheap toys to persuade
kids to pester their parents to take them there. Since then it has been
A&W and some more up-market places as they have got older.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> DH and I like A&W. You can get an actual breakfast there that isn't a
>>> "breakfast sandwich." Eggs and bacon served on a plate. Toast and jam.
>>> And their burgers are miles above other chains. I like their chicken
>>> burgers, because you get an actual chicken breast filet - not
>>> something that has been McChickened.
>>>
>>> Doris

>> Yes, I forgot them, also several cuts above McDogs.
>>

>When they were very young, I used to take my grandchildren to McDo. When
>they were about 6 and 8, they decided, quite independently, that they no
>longer wanted to go there as they felt McDo used cheap toys to persuade
>kids to pester their parents to take them there. Since then it has been
>A&W and some more up-market places as they have got older.

My eldest grandson used to hanker after McDogs but I always reminded
him they didn't do onion rings and he adores those, so I didn't have
to go. Funny thing, I gather they still don't do onion rings.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, cshenk1
@cox.net says...

> Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > mates >> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
> > >
> > > Got it. Being snooty about people who eat there.

> > I'm always surprised at how you can misunderstand simple sentences.

> I'm always suprised at how you can insult people and not recognize it.

A classic example of you misunderstanding simple sentences.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:58:44 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> mates >> there. There are lots of alternatives that are not snooty or
>> >
>> > Got it. Being snooty about people who eat there.

>> I'm always surprised at how you can misunderstand simple sentences.

>I'm always suprised at how you can insult people and not recognize it.

Like when you called me snooty?

Fun Vintage Item jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 50 16-12-2015 08:24 PM
Wish Me Luck Boron Elgar[_1_] General Cooking 16 30-06-2009 02:35 AM
Pot Luck Dimitri General Cooking 0 23-04-2009 01:55 AM
Wish me luck TFM®[_2_] Barbecue 7 13-09-2008 04:43 PM
Pot Luck Help Rich General Cooking 49 08-05-2005 09:17 PM