Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pot luck item

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 10:30:22 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 10:16:17 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >

> > My wife had a breast removed and the damn wound wouldn't heal. She
> > jokingly
> > told me to kiss her tit goodby. She didn't mind getting rid of it but
> > evidently her tit didn't care much for that plan. The amount of fluid
> > going
> > into the drain tubes nearly caused her to die - twice. Anyway, if she
> > does
> > go before me, that stain will be the only physical remnant I'll have
> > left
> > of
> > her.
> >
> > The wound has healed nicely but that month was a very hairy time.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Yes, I understood at the time that it was very serious. Anyone making
> > jokes
> > and using that stuff to poke fun at you needs a rethink.
> >
> > It must have been a terrifying time for you both!
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> It it scary but it's not anything that countless families haven't endured.
> We have no choice but to endure and carry on. That sounds like a very
> British way of seeing things, doesn't it?
>
> So pip pip and toodle-oo.
>
> ==
>
> Toodle pip old chap Keep that chin up what? ))
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Right on, man!

==

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting them
> >> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
> >> for coffee at 7 AM.

> >I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
> >coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
> >and then comes home to start the day.
> >
> >Cheri
> >
> >==
> >
> >At 7 AM??

> Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you feel
> a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?

Of course!
I don't mind that as long as he doesn't call me "Ethel".

Bye, Sanne.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 02:35:37 -0700 (PDT), sanne

wrote:

>> >I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
>> >coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
>> >and then comes home to start the day.
>> >
>> >Cheri
>> >
>> >==
>> >
>> >At 7 AM??

>> Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you feel
>> a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?

>Of course!
>I don't mind that as long as he doesn't call me "Ethel".

Lol, I think I'm missing a reference here. Although I wouldn't want to
be called Ethel either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, I rather see them out enjoying a cup of coffee with friends than
>>> sitting home listening to their arteries hardening.
>>>

>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>> them
>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>> for coffee at 7 AM.

>I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
>coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
>and then comes home to start the day.
>
>Cheri
>
>==
>
>At 7 AM??

Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you feel
a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?

==

I can't say I do .. but that's just me

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> >I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving,
>> >has
>> >coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish
>> >stories,
>> >and then comes home to start the day.
>> >
>> >Cheri
>> >
>> >==
>> >
>> >At 7 AM??

>> Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you feel
>> a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?

>Of course!
>I don't mind that as long as he doesn't call me "Ethel".

Lol, I think I'm missing a reference here. Although I wouldn't want to
be called Ethel either.

===

And since I am not called, Ethel, I don't see why anyone would want to call
me that!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> "Ophelia" wrote:
>
> >"Cheri" wrote:
> >I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
> >coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
> >and then comes home to start the day.

> >At 7 AM??

> Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you feel
> a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?

To exchange good fishing stories later, you need to get out
fishing before dawn for months or years.

Guys that meet in the early am do NOT exchange fishing
stories. More often talking about the annoying wives,
getting no sex, and then watching the occasional hot
young babe out for morning exercise walking by.

Hey...they might be married and faithful to the annoying
woman but they aren't dead yet. Any man will appreciate
a hot younger babe. Hugh Heffner capitalized on that fact.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, I rather see them out enjoying a cup of coffee with friends than
>>> sitting home listening to their arteries hardening.
>>>

>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>> them
>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>> for coffee at 7 AM.

> I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
> coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
> and then comes home to start the day.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> At 7 AM??

O, I'm about to go for coffee and meet friends and it's 6:50. Some of
them will have been there for nearly an hour! It's not unusual to see
groups of seniors having coffee at that time of day. I don't go every
day, BTW.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> In article >, says...
> >
> > Bruce wrote:

> > > Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you feel
> > > a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?

> > To exchange good fishing stories later, you need to get out
> > fishing before dawn for months or years.
> >
> > Guys that meet in the early am do NOT exchange fishing
> > stories. More often talking about the annoying wives,
> > getting no sex, and then watching the occasional hot
> > young babe out for morning exercise walking by.
> >
> > Hey...they might be married and faithful to the annoying
> > woman but they aren't dead yet. Any man will appreciate
> > a hot younger babe. Hugh Heffner capitalized on that fact.

> Hot young babes appreciate a man who can last longer than a cup of
> coffee.

LOL...don't forget Janet UK, these men spend an hour or more
drinking several refills of coffee, not just one cup.

I still work and we always meet at
6am for an hour before work and we talk.

And NO, it's not all about sex that I mentioned above.
We will always stop to watch a hottie walk by though.
We talk about tv shows, recent movies, current news and events.
Not so often about sex (or lack of).

Never exchange fishing stories though... that's a myth.

Men are men and even though our bodies age, the mind
still lags behind and we always appreciate the hotties.
No sane married man would ever admit this to his wife
though. We are older, wiser, and not that stupid.

Let the wives assume we exchange fishing stories.
That belief is a good thing.

PS- not all men. My friends got sick of me talking about
Mia. oh man.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, I rather see them out enjoying a cup of coffee with friends than
>>> sitting home listening to their arteries hardening.
>>>

>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>> them
>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>> for coffee at 7 AM.

> I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
> coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
> and then comes home to start the day.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> At 7 AM??

Yes, when he's going for coffee with his buddies, they usually meet between
6:30 and 7:00 A.M.

Cjero

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>>> them
>>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>>> for coffee at 7 AM.

>>I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
>>coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
>>and then comes home to start the day.
>>
>>Cheri
>>
>>==
>>
>>At 7 AM??

> Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you feel
> a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?

Only if you all fish and like coffee, or have buddies for that matter.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:

> O, I'm about to go for coffee and meet friends and it's 6:50. Some of
> them will have been there for nearly an hour! It's not unusual to see
> groups of seniors having coffee at that time of day. I don't go every
> day, BTW.

I go outside every day at 5am or so. Then before 6am, I either
go meet for work or goto the grocery store. I like getting out
very early. I like seeing the sunrise each morning and I do.

Haven't stopped by McD early yet. So far, those fellows that
meet early are much older than me.

Like Sheldon age and ordering a pound of bacon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-16 8:53 AM, graham wrote:

> O, I'm about to go for coffee and meet friends and it's 6:50. Some of
> them will have been there for nearly an hour! It's not unusual to see
> groups of seniors having coffee at that time of day. I don't go every
> day, BTW.

When I was working I was on the road and stopped for coffee a couple
times a day, usually at Tim Hortons or similar coffee chain. I came to
realize that the various groups of retired guys who used to meet at
different times and locations. Each Hortons store would have one
particular group early in the morning and other groups would come at
later times. Some guys make the rounds to different stores.

There are a lot of older guys on motorcycles who make the rounds to
various Hortons. About once a week I meet up with the guys in Port
Dalhousie. While out riding the Niagara Parkway with a friend one
evening we stopped at one in Chippewa and saw some of the guys from the
Port Dalhousie group.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> > "Bruce" wrote:
> > Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you
> > feel a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?
> >

> LOL That's a sudden urge I would never have no matter the time of
> day or night.

Are there even any fish in Phoenix...the desert? ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Bruce wrote:
>>
>> "Ophelia" wrote:
>>
>> >"Cheri" wrote:
>> >I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving,
>> >has
>> >coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish
>> >stories,
>> >and then comes home to start the day.

>> >At 7 AM??

>> Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you feel
>> a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?

> To exchange good fishing stories later, you need to get out
> fishing before dawn for months or years.
>
> Guys that meet in the early am do NOT exchange fishing
> stories. More often talking about the annoying wives,
> getting no sex, and then watching the occasional hot
> young babe out for morning exercise walking by.

For the uninformed who don't know the difference between the words "fish
story" and "fishing story" but are still trying to be witty and wonderful,
yet failing, here ya go. LOL

Definition of "fish story"

"an exaggerated or incredible story:
It was just another one of his fish stories."

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-16 1:23 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 15 Aug 2017 07:42:16p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

> When I was still working I had many friends at work, a few were very
> close friends.....at work. During those years we had many planned
> and not planned luncheons out, however, in all truth, almost none of
> us had much in common except for work and never socialized outside of
> work. A week before my retirement around 40 people showed up for my
> retirement party. Several brought gifts, and my boss bought me an I-
> Pad.

I worked for a large government organization but in a satellite office.
There were only 10 of us, 5 on one shift and 5 on the other. We
socialized at work, worked together some of the time, almost always got
together for coffee at least once a day, went out for meals together,
but that was about it. I ran into a couple of them on the road a couple
times, but there is only one I keep in tough with.

After retiring I met a fellow who worked in a different department of
the same ministry. I should add that over the years I worked in several
different departments and was on the road most of time time so I met a
lot of people over the years. He told me there is a group who meat
once a month for coffee in a restaurant in a town about 15 miles from
me. I thought about going once, but never made it, and I am likely not
going to. There is some sort of a retirement association. I sent them
my email address but never heard back.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> For the uninformed who don't know the difference between the words "fish
> story" and "fishing story" but are still trying to be witty and wonderful,
> yet failing, here ya go. LOL
>
> Definition of "fish story"
>
> "an exaggerated or incredible story:
> It was just another one of his fish stories."
>
> Cheri

Duh. You had to google it to know that fish/fishing stories
usually cover many subjects and are often exaggerated?
Still men don't do real fishing stories or if they
do, it's a minor conversation in the morning.

As long as they come back home to you, be happy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/16/2017 1:23 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 15 Aug 2017 07:42:16p, Ed Pawlowski told us...
>
>> On 8/15/2017 10:25 PM, wrote:
>>

>>> No one arrives here at 7 AM other than critters, we're still in
>>> bed... we've gotten up at 5 AM to feed the cats but then we go
>>> back to bed to have our coffee etc. We don't want to see anyone
>>> until at least after 10 AM... and if we have chores planned we
>>> dont want to see anyone that day. We've never met anyone for
>>> breakfast, not ever,

>> We've done it twice, maybe three times but it was not early. It
>> was a situation where one of us had an appointment at 8 or 9 near
>> a friend so I suggested we meet for breakfast after since we were
>> near them, about 25 miles from home.
>>

>>> The only reason I can think of for us to meet
>>> anyone at 7 AM is if one of the kids had to go to the ER. We're
>>> not nearly so insecure that we need to have breakfast with people
>>> we worked with...

>> Seems like a lot of guys that are early risers and worked together
>> for many years are the ones that do that. I'm not an early riser
>> by nature.
>>

>> in fact since we retired neither of us has had any
>>> communication with anyone we've worked with... they were not our
>>> friends, they were aquaintances, people we hardly knew on a
>>> personal level.

>> I can narrow that down to two. One from a job I started in 1981.
>> We hit it off, became friends (both husband and wives) and though
>> it is 30 years since we worked together we are still close
>> friends. Another goes back 25 years. Work aside we did things as
>> friends. Her birthday is the day before my wife's so I made
>> dinner for both of them the past couple of years. we're going out
>> for lunch together tomorrow. in fact.
>>
>> The rest, no contact. They may have been good to work with but we
>> never spent out of work time together.
>>

> When I was still working I had many friends at work, a few were very
> close friends.....at work. During those years we had many planned
> and not planned luncheons out, however, in all truth, almost none of
> us had much in common except for work and never socialized outside of
> work. A week before my retirement around 40 people showed up for my
> retirement party. Several brought gifts, and my boss bought me an I-
> Pad.
>
> After I retired I never went back and never looked back. There was
> not enough in common to spend a coouple of hours to reminisce.over
> unless it had been work. I had no inclination to rehash that. I
> pass that building almost everyday, but I'll never go through that
> door again.
>
> I had one very close friend and her husband who retired a couple of
> years before I did and we used to socialize with them frequently..
> Unfortunately, both of them passed away before I retired.

My working career spanned 54 years. In that time I've met two
co-workers that became real friends. Many of the people were great to
work with, nice to talk to at lunch, but we never became real friends.

My last position was General Manager at a place I worked at for 27
years. It has only been a few months but I have not gone back either,
nor do I intend to. I did have minimal contact with a couple of people,
but nothing more than casual. I had the opportunity to go in a few
hours a week at a really good pay but after a few weeks I declined that
too. Life is about more than just money.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cheri wrote:
>>
>> For the uninformed who don't know the difference between the words "fish
>> story" and "fishing story" but are still trying to be witty and
>> wonderful,
>> yet failing, here ya go. LOL
>>
>> Definition of "fish story"
>>
>> "an exaggerated or incredible story:
>> It was just another one of his fish stories."
>>
>> Cheri

> Duh. You had to google it to know that fish/fishing stories
> usually cover many subjects and are often exaggerated?
> Still men don't do real fishing stories or if they
> do, it's a minor conversation in the morning.
>
> As long as they come back home to you, be happy.

No, I didn't have to Google it to know what I was writing, but you obviously
didn't know the difference so I pointed it out to you. Duh.
A "fish story" would go something like this, I am a male in my 60's and
still think the young *hotties* find me as irresistable as my ferrets do. A
"fishing story" would go something like this, I caught a really nice trout
today, but since I live by myself and my ferret doesn't cook, and since I
have no friends to exchange "fish stories with," I will give it away and go
to McDonald's. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary, Bruno Mars is pretty well known wherever pop music is heard/played. Several years ago,
he headlined the Super Bowl half time show.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Cheri wrote:
> >>
> >> For the uninformed who don't know the difference between the words "fish
> >> story" and "fishing story" but are still trying to be witty and
> >> wonderful,
> >> yet failing, here ya go. LOL
> >>
> >> Definition of "fish story"
> >>
> >> "an exaggerated or incredible story:
> >> It was just another one of his fish stories."
> >>
> >> Cheri

> > Duh. You had to google it to know that fish/fishing stories
> > usually cover many subjects and are often exaggerated?
> > Still men don't do real fishing stories or if they
> > do, it's a minor conversation in the morning.
> >
> > As long as they come back home to you, be happy.

> No, I didn't have to Google it to know what I was writing, but you obviously
> didn't know the difference so I pointed it out to you. Duh.
> A "fish story" would go something like this, I am a male in my 60's and
> still think the young *hotties* find me as irresistable as my ferrets do. A
> "fishing story" would go something like this, I caught a really nice trout
> today, but since I live by myself and my ferret doesn't cook, and since I
> have no friends to exchange "fish stories with," I will give it away and go
> to McDonald's. LOL

That's the most clueless response I've heard here in years.
Young hotties don't want an old guy like me and I do know my
place. I never hit on them but I still admire them. You are
correct though when saying ferrets love me...that's a caring,
loving relationship not about sex or physical attraction.

Your loving husband does admire young hotties but not to worry.
He still loves you and comes home to you. Don't think
differently. No need to try to put me down. I must have hit a
nerve.

You really are becoming quite bitter lately. I see the slow
change in you.

Change for the worst in Sheldon is even more evident. Old ppl!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> Gary, Bruno Mars is pretty well known wherever pop music is heard/played. Several years ago,
> he headlined the Super Bowl half time show.

Well that's where I missed him. I do watch the Superbowl but half
time entertainment has always been a fail to me. I use half time
to cook some food for the 2nd half of the game.

If the Patriots are playing, half time is the only break that I
get.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>>> them
>>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>>> for coffee at 7 AM.

>>I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
>>coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
>>and then comes home to start the day.
>>
>>Cheri
>>
>>==
>>
>>At 7 AM??

> Does it never happen to you that you wake up before dawn and you feel
> a sudden urge to exchange fishing stories with your buddies?

Only if you all fish and like coffee, or have buddies for that matter.

Cheri

==

Well there is that!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, I rather see them out enjoying a cup of coffee with friends than
>>> sitting home listening to their arteries hardening.
>>>

>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>> them
>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>> for coffee at 7 AM.

> I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
> coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
> and then comes home to start the day.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> At 7 AM??

Yes, when he's going for coffee with his buddies, they usually meet between
6:30 and 7:00 A.M.

Cjero

==

Yes) I am just starting to hear about that stuff) We are usually still
in bed, drinking coffee and listening to the day's news)

So, are you usually up so early?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> [...]

> door again.
>
> I had one very close friend and her husband who retired a couple of
> years before I did and we used to socialize with them frequently..
> Unfortunately, both of them passed away before I retired.

My working career spanned 54 years. In that time I've met two
co-workers that became real friends. Many of the people were great to
work with, nice to talk to at lunch, but we never became real friends.

My last position was General Manager at a place I worked at for 27
years. It has only been a few months but I have not gone back either,
nor do I intend to. I did have minimal contact with a couple of people,
but nothing more than casual. I had the opportunity to go in a few
hours a week at a really good pay but after a few weeks I declined that
too. Life is about more than just money.

I have never returned to my work either. I have been to other museums but
never to any of mine!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, I rather see them out enjoying a cup of coffee with friends than
>>> sitting home listening to their arteries hardening.
>>>

>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>> them
>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>> for coffee at 7 AM.

> I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
> coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
> and then comes home to start the day.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> At 7 AM??

O, I'm about to go for coffee and meet friends and it's 6:50. Some of
them will have been there for nearly an hour! It's not unusual to see
groups of seniors having coffee at that time of day. I don't go every
day, BTW.
Graham

==

Blimey! And you do that when you lived here??

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, I rather see them out enjoying a cup of coffee with friends than
>>> sitting home listening to their arteries hardening.
>>>

>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>> them
>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>> for coffee at 7 AM.

> I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving, has
> coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish stories,
> and then comes home to start the day.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> At 7 AM??

O, I'm about to go for coffee and meet friends and it's 6:50. Some of
them will have been there for nearly an hour! It's not unusual to see
groups of seniors having coffee at that time of day. I don't go every
day, BTW.
Graham

==

Blimey! And you do that when you lived here??

==

It just occurred to me. You probably weren't retired when you lived here

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cheri wrote:

>> > Duh. You had to google it to know that fish/fishing stories
>> > usually cover many subjects and are often exaggerated?
>> > Still men don't do real fishing stories or if they
>> > do, it's a minor conversation in the morning.
>> >
>> > As long as they come back home to you, be happy.

>> No, I didn't have to Google it to know what I was writing, but you
>> obviously
>> didn't know the difference so I pointed it out to you. Duh.
>> A "fish story" would go something like this, I am a male in my 60's and
>> still think the young *hotties* find me as irresistable as my ferrets do.
>> "fishing story" would go something like this, I caught a really nice
>> trout
>> today, but since I live by myself and my ferret doesn't cook, and since I
>> have no friends to exchange "fish stories with," I will give it away and
>> go
>> to McDonald's. LOL

> That's the most clueless response I've heard here in years.
> Young hotties don't want an old guy like me and I do know my
> place. I never hit on them but I still admire them. You are
> correct though when saying ferrets love me...that's a caring,
> loving relationship not about sex or physical attraction.
>
> Your loving husband does admire young hotties but not to worry.
> He still loves you and comes home to you. Don't think
> differently. No need to try to put me down. I must have hit a
> nerve.
>
> You really are becoming quite bitter lately. I see the slow
> change in you.
>
> Change for the worst in Sheldon is even more evident. Old ppl!

You're showing your red butt Gary. Typical old alone guy response. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRYJAtoBexg

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>>> them
>>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>>> for coffee at 7 AM.

>> I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving,
>> has
>> coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish
>> stories,
>> and then comes home to start the day.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> At 7 AM??

> Yes, when he's going for coffee with his buddies, they usually meet
> between
> 6:30 and 7:00 A.M.
>
> Cjero
>
> ==
>
> Yes) I am just starting to hear about that stuff) We are usually
> still
> in bed, drinking coffee and listening to the day's news)
>
> So, are you usually up so early?

I'm always up between 4 and 5 A.M. I believe it's because of my working
years when I got up at 4 A.M. everyday.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-16 11:47 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 16 Aug 2017 08:05:49a, Ophelia told us...

> We're certainly not, unless we have somewhere we have to be for an
> appointment. Most mornings we get up no arlier than 9:00 a.m. I
> spent most of my working life starting work at 7:00 a.m. and swore I
> would never do that again.

Getting up at 7 am? Consider yourself luck. When I worked day shifts I
started work at 7am. For a couple years we had a 6 am start time. I
hated that one, but I have to say I learned to moved fast in the
morning. I had the alarm set for 5:15 and I would be out the door before
5:3O and a 20 minute drive. There was no traffic to worry about at that
time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 21:28:01 -0700, "Julie Bove"

wrote:

>>> Yes, I rather see them out enjoying a cup of coffee with friends than
>>> sitting home listening to their arteries hardening.
>>>

>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting them
>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>> for coffee at 7 AM.

>Hehehe. I wouldn't like that too much.

I've never invited 4-5 guys for anything... I don't even know 4-5 guys
who I would invite who are still living, who don't live a dozen states
away, who aren't in nursing homes. We've always invited couples,
usually one couple, very rarely more than one couple. These days
those we socialize with are neighbors, people who weather permitting
typically visit outdoors on the deck or we'll meet for cocktails at
some local tavern. No one we would socialize with here would spend
more than at most two hours together, but more likely one hour.

Neither of us have large familys nor have we ever had a lot of
friends, we are both very much into quality rather than quantity...
when we married 26 years ago we only invited 30 guests includding
family, were we to scrape up guests today we'd be pushing it to invite
ten. Were it important for me to hang out with people I worked with
I'd not have retired... since I retired I've never gone back, I've
never been back to Long Island. There are only two guys I worked with
who we still phone each other occasionally, perhaps 4 times a year...
and we really don't have a lot to say, it's mostly to see who's still
alive. For $10 I purchased a lifetime subscription to the company
retired employees newsletter, a four pager issued four times a year,
includes an Obit, most people I actually knew are long gone.
https://www.bnl.gov/bera/activities/brea/Newsletter.asp
At the time I began working there I was the youngest one in the
department. It's been some 40 years since I began working at BNL,
there are maybe two people out of the nearly 5,000 employees at the
time I retired who would remember me.

I've never met anyone who actually has nearly as many friends as they
claim, mostly they have acquaintances, they like to say every name in
their phone directory is their friend, even the receptionist at their
doctor's office.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>>> them
>>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>>> for coffee at 7 AM.

>> I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving,
>> has
>> coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish
>> stories,
>> and then comes home to start the day.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> At 7 AM??
>>

> O, I'm about to go for coffee and meet friends and it's 6:50. Some of
> them will have been there for nearly an hour! It's not unusual to see
> groups of seniors having coffee at that time of day. I don't go every
> day, BTW.
> Graham
>
> ==
>
> Blimey! And you do that when you lived here??
>
> ==
>
> It just occurred to me. You probably weren't retired when you lived here

I'm semi-retired. I still get some consulting but with the massive
downturn in the oil patch, there is a lot of "resting between
engagements" as actors put it:-).
Even so, I plan to quit in the next 18 months. I figure I'll be almost
75 at that point and may as well.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yes, getting out of the house is important. Sheldon mention inviting
>>> them
>>> to one's home. I bet not to many wive want four or five guys showing up
>>> for coffee at 7 AM.

>> I like for mine to go out 2-3 times a week, it gets him up and moving,
>> has
>> coffee for an hour or so with his buddies, no doubt swapping fish
>> stories,
>> and then comes home to start the day.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> At 7 AM??

> Yes, when he's going for coffee with his buddies, they usually meet between
> 6:30 and 7:00 A.M.
>
> Cjero
>
> ==
>
> Yes) I am just starting to hear about that stuff) We are usually
> still
> in bed, drinking coffee and listening to the day's news)
>
> So, are you usually up so early?

I'm a morning person and arise early no matter the day.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Most mornings we get up no arlier than 9:00 a.m. I
> spent most of my working life starting work at 7:00 a.m. and swore I
> would never do that again.

I've been getting up predawn since I was 17 and started
surfing. I still get up at 4am after all these years. Either
for work or even on days off. I love the early morning.

Occasionally, I want to sleep in a bit longer but I always
regretted when I did.

Not critisizing you. Just different from me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Cheri wrote:

> >> No, I didn't have to Google it to know what I was writing, but you
> >> obviously
> >> didn't know the difference so I pointed it out to you. Duh.
> >> A "fish story" would go something like this, I am a male in my 60's and
> >> still think the young *hotties* find me as irresistable as my ferrets do.
> >> "fishing story" would go something like this, I caught a really nice
> >> trout
> >> today, but since I live by myself and my ferret doesn't cook, and since I
> >> have no friends to exchange "fish stories with," I will give it away and
> >> go
> >> to McDonald's. LOL

> > That's the most clueless response I've heard here in years.
> > Young hotties don't want an old guy like me and I do know my
> > place. I never hit on them but I still admire them. You are
> > correct though when saying ferrets love me...that's a caring,
> > loving relationship not about sex or physical attraction.
> >
> > Your loving husband does admire young hotties but not to worry.
> > He still loves you and comes home to you. Don't think
> > differently. No need to try to put me down. I must have hit a
> > nerve.
> >
> > You really are becoming quite bitter lately. I see the slow
> > change in you.
> >
> > Change for the worst in Sheldon is even more evident. Old ppl!

> You're showing your red butt Gary. Typical old alone guy response. LOL
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRYJAtoBexg

I don't ever waste my time with youtube. No need to try to get in
the last word though. You have no idea what a typical alone guy
thinks. I prefer it. I've always been a loner.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> I'm always up between 4 and 5 A.M. I believe it's because of my working
> years when I got up at 4 A.M. everyday.

Me too but for working and surfing.
Early morning surf is the best most days.
No wind and no crowds.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cheri wrote:

>> > That's the most clueless response I've heard here in years.
>> > Young hotties don't want an old guy like me and I do know my
>> > place. I never hit on them but I still admire them. You are
>> > correct though when saying ferrets love me...that's a caring,
>> > loving relationship not about sex or physical attraction.
>> >
>> > Your loving husband does admire young hotties but not to worry.
>> > He still loves you and comes home to you. Don't think
>> > differently. No need to try to put me down. I must have hit a
>> > nerve.
>> >
>> > You really are becoming quite bitter lately. I see the slow
>> > change in you.
>> >
>> > Change for the worst in Sheldon is even more evident. Old ppl!

>> You're showing your red butt Gary. Typical old alone guy response. LOL
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRYJAtoBexg

> I don't ever waste my time with youtube. No need to try to get in
> the last word though. You have no idea what a typical alone guy
> thinks. I prefer it. I've always been a loner.

I never try to get in the last word, I just do. So, here's a little rebuke
for you...You butted into my post about *fish stories* and men getting
together for coffee, a totally innocuous post BTW, but a post in which you
obviously had no idea of the meaning, and to which you posted a bunch of
gibberish about what men talk about etc., as if anyone cares. You are simply
trolling for reactions in the past few months with your snarkiness to just
about everything, so you start with me, you get it back. Get a ferret and
get a life silly boy. Now, that's the EOD.

Cheri

Fun Vintage Item jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 50 16-12-2015 09:24 PM
Wish Me Luck Boron Elgar[_1_] General Cooking 16 30-06-2009 02:35 AM
Pot Luck Dimitri General Cooking 0 23-04-2009 01:55 AM
Wish me luck TFM®[_2_] Barbecue 7 13-09-2008 04:43 PM
Pot Luck Help Rich General Cooking 49 08-05-2005 09:17 PM