Old 12-08-2017, 08:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pot luck item

On 2017-08-12 11:16 AM, jmcquown wrote:

On 2017-08-12 12:31 AM,
wrote:

I hope nobody holds back and tells her she's too old to be hanging
out those younger guys, even if one is her cousin. And I hope they
tell her they don't want to pay for her food orgies.

She does get excluded from a lot of events for a couple reasons. One is
that she and her husband are quite a bit older. Making a pig of herself
is another one. She once dropped in on her step sister, who was
expecting company... invited company. Step sister was a very generous
hostess who loved to prepare lots of good food when entertaining. BN
was invited to stay and then she ate all the food before the guests
arrived.

I would have had to speak up and say "STOP! You're not going to eat
e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g before the guests arrive." I truly would have
said that to her.

I would have said that to her, too. Get out of the kitchen! You have
no business digging in the pantry. Go into the living room and sit down!

Just how BIG is she?

She is 6 feet tall and probably about 350. About 2 years ago she had to
lose 75 pounds to get a hip replacement. She has since gained it all
back.

Why doesn't she go in for the stomach reducing surgery? How big is
her husband? Are they both the size of an adult rhinoceros??

6 feet is pretty tall. Is she as wide as she is tall?!

As for the stomach bypass surgery it costs a heck of a lot of money.

And only if you WANT to lose weight!!!!!
Graham

Old 12-08-2017, 08:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 09:26:52 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/11/2017 9:37 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:26:24 -0400, Dave Smith

On 2017-08-11 9:02 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 18:11:12 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:
IIRC correctly, you once worked as a waitress. I wonder how you would
have liked to be able to deal with a customer like that.

But no one answered why she's the BIG niece.

She is Big Niece because she is big.She is big because she eats non
stop. She is a very dainty eater, cutting very small pieces,nibbling her
food and chewing it carefully.... all the time. She grazes from the time
gets out of bed in the morning until the time she goes to bed.

She sounds like an attractive zoftig woman, enjoys food she must be
very sensual.

Ha! You're always going on about the size of sf's ass... but Big Niece
is an attractive, zoftig woman?

Jill

I was hoping to shame sf into posting her picture... I've really no
idea how she looks... for all I know she can be a 90 pound Biafra
victim. LOL
Old 12-08-2017, 09:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 2:12:14 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/12/2017 12:51 PM, wrote:

Why doesn't she go in for the stomach reducing surgery? How big is
her husband? Are they both the size of an adult rhinoceros??

The surgery is not that simple. You have to want to do it and change
how you eat making some major changes.

A woman at work lost 50 pounds but eventually put at least 25 back on.

A cousin by marriage went in for the surgery. Like others in previous
eating tons of carbs immediately. Donuts, cakes, cookies, pasta,
potatoes; everything she was supposed to not eat for many, many, weeks
after surgery. If I remember correctly she was supposed to have very,
very few of these foods items and in small portions well after her surgery.

She's larger now than when she went for her surgery.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 09:36:09 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
wrote:

...the word you are using is "zaftig." You're welcome. ;-))

Hey, that means the same thing as zoftig:

of a woman
: having a full rounded figure : pleasingly plump
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/zaftig

Which brings us back to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDRORgoZxZU
Old 12-08-2017, 10:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
Nancy2 wrote:

the word you are using is "zaftig." You're welcome. ;-))

Hey, that means the same thing as zoftig:

Being a transliteration either spelling is equally correct.
However the 'zoftig' pronunciation is used more often.

Zoftig: literally, "juicy." Although it has come to mean fat, it is
really a compliment, meaning a buxom, lush, "juicy." Marilyn Monroe
and Anna Nicole Smith were zoftig. Audrey Hepburn and Callista
Flockhardt were/are decidedly NOT zoftig.

Sometimes Zoftik is written:
http://www.pass.to/glossary/gloz4.htm#letz

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...ransliteration

Old 12-08-2017, 10:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-12 12:51 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 9:00:09 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

She does get excluded from a lot of events for a couple reasons. One is
that she and her husband are quite a bit older. Making a pig of
herself
is another one. She once dropped in on her step sister, who was
expecting company... invited company. Step sister was a very generous
hostess who loved to prepare lots of good food when entertaining. BN
was invited to stay and then she ate all the food before the guests
arrived.

I would have had to speak up and say "STOP! You're not going to eat
e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g before the guests arrive." I truly would have
said that to her.

Sounds good, but you really should not have to say that to a guest,
especially an uninvited one. I got into enough trouble with her when she
was a teen and especially sensitive. I leave it to her mother to deal
with it. She knows her daughter has a problem. She knows that I have a
problem with her daughter, and she is sympathetic. I simply try to avoid
having anything deal with her.

She is 6 feet tall and probably about 350. About 2 years ago she
had to
lose 75 pounds to get a hip replacement. She has since gained it all
back.

Why doesn't she go in for the stomach reducing surgery? How big is
her husband? Are they both the size of an adult rhinoceros??

He is about the same size. They met at a big and tall club. His food
intake is more normal than hers.

Considering how much she eats, I am surprised that she is not a hell of
a lot bigger than she is. It is not her size that is the issue. It is
her obsession with eating. It is a pain in the ass to have to invite her
to family functions and then to have to go to the work and expense to
provide twice as much food for a gathering when one person eats enough
for 6 or more. And it annoying as hell to go onto the kitchen for
something and find her opening a box of crackers of cookies in the
pantry when there is all sorts of food out. Who, in their right mind,
attends a social function in someone's home and sneaks away from the
food service to root around for more food?

Surely this is the makings of an episode of Law and Order.

It is more like a pest control reality show. You put out food for guests
and the vermin sneak into your pantry to steal more.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 17:45:41 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

On 2017-08-12 2:43 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
[...]

And I bet they also park in handicapped spots before they do it.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-12 2:52 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 1:39:50 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

She does this because she feels 'entitled' because she's family. I
simply would have to lay down the lay to her and not be in the least
bit timid about calling her out for her behavior. But she's your
relative and you have to deal with her selfish, self-centered behavior.

I am not sure it is an issue of entitlement. I think she gets some cheap
thrill from stealing or sneaking food. It is more of a compulsion.

She came to stay the weekend with us once when she was a teenager. I got
in trouble with my wife because I had baked a double batch of chocolate
chip cookies. I figured she would have some and there would be some
leftover. Problem was that she was on a diet and should not be tempted.
Not a problem. I packed them into cans and stashed them at the back of
the bottom cupboard.

My brother and his wife were coming for supper on the Saturday night and
I made an apple pie for dessert. When it was time for dessert I went to
get the pie and discovered that she had eaten the middle out of the pie.
It was not just a taste. There was a 2-3" ring of pie around the outside
and she had eaten almost half the pie. Who the hell does stuff like that?

I was glad to see my wife take her to the bus station around noon on the
Sunday. I got down and reached into the back of the lower cupboard to
get out the cookie tins and they were both empty. I don't even know how,
in that small apartment, she was able to sneak in there and eat more
than 50 cookies.

Sure.... she was young. It should not be responsible forever for things
she did as a teen.... except that she is more than 40 years older now
and her behaviour hasn't changed.

One can get some fun out of it. My BiL threw a big party for himself on
his 60th birthday. It was a nice hot summer day and he hosted the event
as his ski chalet. My cousin catered it. My son, about 16 at the time,
and one of his cousins had some fun at her expense. They would get some
food, take a bit out of it, leave it on a plate and then step back and
watch for her to come along and eat the leftover bits. She was like a
seagull, swooping in and eating the food people had left on their plates.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
Taxed and Spent wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:
itsjoannotjoann wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

[...]

Seems those two desperately need counseling. they are obviously not
getting laid, both traded the pleasure of sex for the pleasure of
food. I'd bet Dr. Ruth would suggest a divorce, forget love, they
don't even like each other, never did... she obviously prefers
sucking the meat off a chicken leg... and he'd rather lick a gallon of
lemon ice. sad

Old 12-08-2017, 11:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 22:09:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

Regardles of family, I would not allow her in my home, and make it
painfully clear that she was no longer welcome there.

You choose your friends, not your family, and if a family member has
such vile behavior, she does not deserve to be included. The family
already knows what she's like.

"BN, you have become a problem that we do not care to deal with any
longer. You're not a child, and since you cannot cntrol yourself, we
can."

Yes, I can be that mean. I don't know how you've up with it this
long.

"To up with something": 7 Google results. Must be brand new hipster
speak.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:
Taxed and Spent wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

[...]

Do it? "it"sure ain't sex. I'd never consider a rack of juicy
ribs ahead of latching on to a rack of succulent hooters.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 18:01:12 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

On 2017-08-12 2:52 PM, wrote:
[...]

Dave, you are most obviously an enabler... you likely weigh 500 pounds
too.
Old 13-08-2017, 01:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

The baby boomers are no longer relevant as far as tracking trends goes.
How can they be? Mostly they wish to live in the latter half of the 20th
century - before all this "stuff" happened. They reminisce while the rest
of the world have moved on.

That's mostly true of every generation.

Cheri

Old 13-08-2017, 01:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

news
wrote:

Regardles of family, I would not allow her in my home, and make it
painfully clear that she was no longer welcome there.

You choose your friends, not your family, and if a family member has
such vile behavior, she does not deserve to be included. The family
already knows what she's like.

"BN, you have become a problem that we do not care to deal with any
longer. You're not a child, and since you cannot cntrol yourself, we
can."

Yes, I can be that mean. I don't know how you've up with it this
long.

"To up with something": 7 Google results. Must be brand new hipster
speak.

To own, their each.

Cheri

Fun Vintage Item jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 50 16-12-2015 08:24 PM
Wish Me Luck Boron Elgar[_1_] General Cooking 16 30-06-2009 02:35 AM
Pot Luck Dimitri General Cooking 0 23-04-2009 01:55 AM
Wish me luck TFM®[_2_] Barbecue 7 13-09-2008 04:43 PM
Pot Luck Help Rich General Cooking 49 08-05-2005 09:17 PM