Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pot luck item

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 02:32:31 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sat 12 Aug 2017 03:46:34p, Bruce told us...
>
>> On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 22:09:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Regardles of family, I would not allow her in my home, and make it
>>>painfully clear that she was no longer welcome there.
>>>
>>>You choose your friends, not your family, and if a family member
>>>has such vile behavior, she does not deserve to be included. The
>>>family already knows what she's like.
>>>
>>>"BN, you have become a problem that we do not care to deal with
>>>any longer. You're not a child, and since you cannot cntrol
>>>yourself, we can."
>>>
>>>Yes, I can be that mean. I don't know how you've up with it this
>>>long.

>> "To up with something": 7 Google results. Must be brand new
>> hipster speak.
>>

>You're a sarcastic and very unpleasant prick! Why do you take every
>possible opportunity to point out someone's mistake? Fortunately I
>don't normally see your posts, except when quoted, and even then
>usually ignored. F/O

My crime: a silly joke
Your crime: calling me a "prick" and telling me to F/O

Who's the bad guy here?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
9.45...
> On Sat 12 Aug 2017 06:27:49p, Cheri told us...
>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> Yes, in 40 years dsi2 will be saying the same thing.

>> I think in 40 years he will be reminiscing about this newsgroup.
>> ;-)
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> If he's lucky enough to have lived that long.

Or remember. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/12/2017 8:16 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>
>> The baby boomers are no longer relevant as far as tracking trends
>> goes. How can they be? Mostly they wish to live in the latter half of
>> the 20th century - before all this "stuff" happened. They reminisce
>> while the rest of the world have moved on.

> That's mostly true of every generation.
>
> Cheri

Who takes what dsi1 says seriously? According to him his wife
practically bled out on a mattress and he was wondering how to dispose
of it so they wouldn't think he'd killed her.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
lid says...

> On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 02:32:31 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sat 12 Aug 2017 03:46:34p, Bruce told us...
> >
> >> On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 22:09:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

> >> "To up with something": 7 Google results. Must be brand new
> >> hipster speak.
> >>

> >You're a sarcastic and very unpleasant prick! Why do you take every
> >possible opportunity to point out someone's mistake? Fortunately I
> >don't normally see your posts, except when quoted, and even then
> >usually ignored. F/O

> My crime: a silly joke
> Your crime: calling me a "prick" and telling me to F/O
>
> Who's the bad guy here?

Still you, you worthless troll.

Wayne is a prick who contributes usefully to cooking conversations.
You're a prick who never does.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 12:45:20 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 02:32:31 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >On Sat 12 Aug 2017 03:46:34p, Bruce told us...

>> >You're a sarcastic and very unpleasant prick! Why do you take every
>> >possible opportunity to point out someone's mistake? Fortunately I
>> >don't normally see your posts, except when quoted, and even then
>> >usually ignored. F/O

>> My crime: a silly joke
>> Your crime: calling me a "prick" and telling me to F/O
>>
>> Who's the bad guy here?

> Still you, you worthless troll.
>
> Wayne is a prick who contributes usefully to cooking conversations.
> You're a prick who never does.

Compared to you, we're both saints.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>
> > The baby boomers are no longer relevant as far as tracking trends goes.
> > How can they be? Mostly they wish to live in the latter half of the 20th
> > century - before all this "stuff" happened. They reminisce while the rest
> > of the world have moved on.

What a load of crap. This is how baby boomers live here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgX6VTJcMm8

http://voiceforarran.com/images/mag56/Acrc1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB21-KzCWKU

http://www.arranholidayretreats.co.u...r-Mhor-summit-
Corinna-Goeckeritz-Arran-Mountain-Festival.jpg

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-13 7:40 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...

>> his 60th birthday. It was a nice hot summer day and he hosted the event
>> as his ski chalet. My cousin catered it. My son, about 16 at the time,
>> and one of his cousins had some fun at her expense. They would get some
>> food, take a bit out of it, leave it on a plate and then step back and
>> watch for her to come along and eat the leftover bits. She was like a
>> seagull, swooping in and eating the food people had left on their plates.

> Do you have any insight at all into your own behaviour?
>
> Your neice is mentally ill. You criticise your sister for not
> controlling her mentally ill daughter.

Slight correction.... it is my sister in law's daughter. I did not
criticize SiL for not controlling her daughter. Her daughter is now in
her late 50s. She has an eating disorder, a personality disorder that
she has failed to address on her own. It is not a mental illness. She
is morbidly obese and diabetic, and had to have hip replacement in her
50s. Other than that, she is fully functioning. She is gainfully
employed and takes night courses.

> Yet you, as a parent, completely failed to control your son's
> disgusting behaviour when he literally baited, "had fun with"
> her mental illness.

They had fun with her compulsive eating and her apparent enjoyment of
stealing food. It was buffet meal. If she wanted more chicken nuggets
she could have gone to the table and taken fresh food. She was stealing
half eaten food from other people's plates.

> You should be ashamed of him, and your own parenting.

Really? I have to admit that it was interesting to watch. The two
teenage cousins were very subtle about it. They would take a bite out
of a piece of food and then set it on a plate and walk away, and within
minutes she would come along and take the half eaten food that was
sitting on a plate in the sun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >You're a sarcastic and very unpleasant prick! Why do you take every
> >possible opportunity to point out someone's mistake? Fortunately I
> >don't normally see your posts, except when quoted, and even then
> >usually ignored. F/O

> My crime: a silly joke
> Your crime: calling me a "prick" and telling me to F/O
>
> Who's the bad guy here?

lol
Welcome to Club Whine!
Land of the Rejected.
:-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/13/2017 8:56 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-08-13 7:40 AM, Janet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> says...

>>> his 60th birthday. It was a nice hot summer day and he hosted the event
>>> as his ski chalet. My cousin catered it. My son, about 16 at the time,
>>> and one of his cousins had some fun at her expense. They would get some
>>> food, take a bit out of it, leave it on a plate and then step back and
>>> watch for her to come along and eat the leftover bits. She was like a
>>> seagull, swooping in and eating the food people had left on their
>>> plates.

>> Do you have any insight at all into your own behaviour?
>>
>> Your neice is mentally ill. You criticise your sister for not
>> controlling her mentally ill daughter.

> Slight correction.... it is my sister in law's daughter. I did not
> criticize SiL for not controlling her daughter. Her daughter is now in
> her late 50s. She has an eating disorder, a personality disorder that
> she has failed to address on her own. It is not a mental illness. She
> is morbidly obese and diabetic, and had to have hip replacement in her
> 50s. Other than that, she is fully functioning. She is gainfully
> employed and takes night courses.
>

>> Yet you, as a parent, completely failed to control your son's
>> disgusting behaviour when he literally baited, "had fun with"
>> her mental illness.

> They had fun with her compulsive eating and her apparent enjoyment of
> stealing food. It was buffet meal. If she wanted more chicken nuggets
> she could have gone to the table and taken fresh food. She was stealing
> half eaten food from other people's plates.
>

>> You should be ashamed of him, and your own parenting.

> Really? I have to admit that it was interesting to watch. The two
> teenage cousins were very subtle about it. They would take a bite out
> of a piece of food and then set it on a plate and walk away, and within
> minutes she would come along and take the half eaten food that was
> sitting on a plate in the sun.

It really was not nice to do that, but it is what teenagers do. My kids
would have done it too. That is the reality of life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

> Really? I have to admit that it was interesting to watch. The two teenage
> cousins were very subtle about it. They would take a bite out of a piece
> of food and then set it on a plate and walk away, and within minutes she
> would come along and take the half eaten food that was sitting on a plate
> in the sun.

Only someone like you would think it's interesting to watch, but then it
gives you something to add to your hundred posts a day.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
9.45...

>> What a load of crap. This is how baby boomers live here.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgX6VTJcMm8
>>
>> http://voiceforarran.com/images/mag56/Acrc1.jpg
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB21-KzCWKU
>>
>> http://www.arranholidayretreats.co.u.../3-Cir-Mhor-su
>> mmit-
>> Corinna-Goeckeritz-Arran-Mountain-Festival.jpg
>>

>> Janet UK
>>

> Love your examples, Janet!

Except they have nothing to do with dsi1's post.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/13/2017 8:14 AM, Janet wrote:

>> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>>
>>> The baby boomers are no longer relevant as far as tracking trends goes.
>>> How can they be? Mostly they wish to live in the latter half of the 20th
>>> century - before all this "stuff" happened. They reminisce while the rest
>>> of the world have moved on.

> What a load of crap. This is how baby boomers live here.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgX6VTJcMm8
>
> http://voiceforarran.com/images/mag56/Acrc1.jpg
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB21-KzCWKU
>
> http://www.arranholidayretreats.co.u...r-Mhor-summit-
> Corinna-Goeckeritz-Arran-Mountain-Festival.jpg
>

> Janet UK

Thank you, Janet UK! The "boomers" around here enjoy kayaking, playing
tennis, golf (of course), bicycling, boating. There aren't any hills to
climb but the "boomers" go fishing, net up fresh shrimp, haul in crab
pots, etc. And gee, everyone has a computer.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/13/2017 8:39 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> What a load of crap. This is how baby boomers live here.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgX6VTJcMm8
>>
>> http://voiceforarran.com/images/mag56/Acrc1.jpg
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB21-KzCWKU
>>
>> http://www.arranholidayretreats.co.u.../3-Cir-Mhor-su
>> mmit-
>> Corinna-Goeckeritz-Arran-Mountain-Festival.jpg
>>

>> Janet UK
>>

> Love your examples, Janet!

Great examples, aren't they? It's not like everyone is sitting around
knitting, doing needlepoint and saying "gee, I wish it was 1950 again". LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news

>> What a load of crap. This is how baby boomers live here.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgX6VTJcMm8
>>
>> http://voiceforarran.com/images/mag56/Acrc1.jpg
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB21-KzCWKU
>>
>> http://www.arranholidayretreats.co.u...r-Mhor-summit-
>> Corinna-Goeckeritz-Arran-Mountain-Festival.jpg
>>

>> Janet UK
>>

> Thank you, Janet UK! The "boomers" around here enjoy kayaking, playing
> tennis, golf (of course), bicycling, boating. There aren't any hills to
> climb but the "boomers" go fishing, net up fresh shrimp, haul in crab
> pots, etc. And gee, everyone has a computer.
>
> Jill

Are you saying they are relevant as far as tracking trends goes? Only to the
pharmaceuticals, as evidenced by every commercial.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Sat 12 Aug 2017 06:27:49p, Cheri told us...
>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> Yes, in 40 years dsi2 will be saying the same thing.

>> I think in 40 years he will be reminiscing about this newsgroup.
>> ;-)

> If he's lucky enough to have lived that long.

My mother was a member of a senior center where they had all kinds
of exercise classes, etc, and had a cheap lunch. She was 88 and
felt left out because all the other seniors had smart phones they
used for all kinds of things. I got her one, of course.

Point is, all these pre baby boomers aren't necessarily sitting
around thinking about the olden days. Plenty of them are with it
and still curious so why should their next generation be any different.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-13 10:21 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/13/2017 8:56 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> You should be ashamed of him, and your own parenting.

>> Really? I have to admit that it was interesting to watch. The two
>> teenage cousins were very subtle about it. They would take a bite out
>> of a piece of food and then set it on a plate and walk away, and
>> within minutes she would come along and take the half eaten food that
>> was sitting on a plate in the sun.
>>

> It really was not nice to do that, but it is what teenagers do. My kids
> would have done it too. That is the reality of life.

You're right. It was not nice of the two young cousins to set up their
cousin who was more than 15 years older than they were at the time. You
have to appreciate the novelty of the situation, that a woman close to
40 years of age would be acting like a seagull at a seashore picnic,
snapping up pieces of half eaten food off other people's unattended plates.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-13 10:29 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> Thank you, Janet UK! The "boomers" around here enjoy kayaking, playing
> tennis, golf (of course), bicycling, boating. There aren't any hills to
> climb but the "boomers" go fishing, net up fresh shrimp, haul in crab
> pots, etc. And gee, everyone has a computer.

That's my life. I try to get out on and to bicycling every morning.
When I am on the biking trail there are lots of people my vintage out
there bicycling or hiking. The average age of those cyclists is probably
about 60. I belong to a kayaking club that schedules 3 paddles a week,
minimum 2 hours and 10 km (6 miles), often much more. I play pickleball
3 times a week, 2 hours per session. I go to the shooting range once
or twice month. I have been retired for 13 years and it is rare for me
to watch daytime TV. If it is cold and snowing or pouring rain I might
watch a movie, but I am more likely to go to the gym.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/13/2017 10:21 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/13/2017 8:56 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2017-08-13 7:40 AM, Janet wrote:
>> They had fun with her compulsive eating and her apparent enjoyment of
>> stealing food. It was buffet meal. If she wanted more chicken
>> nuggets she could have gone to the table and taken fresh food. She
>> was stealing half eaten food from other people's plates.
>>

>>> You should be ashamed of him, and your own parenting.

>> Really? I have to admit that it was interesting to watch. The two
>> teenage cousins were very subtle about it. They would take a bite out
>> of a piece of food and then set it on a plate and walk away, and
>> within minutes she would come along and take the half eaten food that
>> was sitting on a plate in the sun.
>>

> It really was not nice to do that, but it is what teenagers do. My kids
> would have done it too. That is the reality of life.

Teenagers (especially boys) are not known for being nice. They find
belching or farting in public (or arm-pit farts) amusing. Picking on
the much older niece for scavenging off plates seems like an obvious
choice for teenage boys. Turned out they were right. <shrug>

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 8/12/2017 10:18 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> I think in 40 years he will be reminiscing about this newsgroup.
>>> ;-)

>> If he's lucky enough to have lived that long.

> My mother was a member of a senior center where they had all kinds
> of exercise classes, etc, and had a cheap lunch. She was 88 and
> felt left out because all the other seniors had smart phones they
> used for all kinds of things. I got her one, of course.
>
> Point is, all these pre baby boomers aren't necessarily sitting
> around thinking about the olden days. Plenty of them are with it
> and still curious so why should their next generation be any different.
>
> nancy

I didn't see anyone say they were sitting around, but the definitely talk
about their younger years, their music, their parenting style etc.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 8/13/2017 10:21 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 8/13/2017 8:56 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On 2017-08-13 7:40 AM, Janet wrote:
>>> They had fun with her compulsive eating and her apparent enjoyment of
>>> stealing food. It was buffet meal. If she wanted more chicken
>>> nuggets she could have gone to the table and taken fresh food. She
>>> was stealing half eaten food from other people's plates.

>>> Really? I have to admit that it was interesting to watch. The two
>>> teenage cousins were very subtle about it. They would take a bite out
>>> of a piece of food and then set it on a plate and walk away, and
>>> within minutes she would come along and take the half eaten food that
>>> was sitting on a plate in the sun.
>>>

>> It really was not nice to do that, but it is what teenagers do. My kids
>> would have done it too. That is the reality of life.

> Teenagers (especially boys) are not known for being nice. They find
> belching or farting in public (or arm-pit farts) amusing. Picking on the
> much older niece for scavenging off plates seems like an obvious choice
> for teenage boys. Turned out they were right. <shrug>
>
> Jill

Maybe teenage boys, but grown men, unless they have a sadistic streak should
not fine it interesting.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/13/2017 11:49 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> news

>>> It really was not nice to do that, but it is what teenagers do. My kids
>>> would have done it too. That is the reality of life.

>> Teenagers (especially boys) are not known for being nice. They find
>> belching or farting in public (or arm-pit farts) amusing. Picking on
>> the much older niece for scavenging off plates seems like an obvious
>> choice for teenage boys. Turned out they were right. <shrug>
>>
>> Jill

> Maybe teenage boys, but grown men, unless they have a sadistic streak
> should not fine it interesting.
>
> Cheri

He was merely recounting a fact. I didn't say it was a nice thing for
them to do.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 08:49:37 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>news

>>> It really was not nice to do that, but it is what teenagers do. My kids
>>> would have done it too. That is the reality of life.

>> Teenagers (especially boys) are not known for being nice. They find
>> belching or farting in public (or arm-pit farts) amusing. Picking on the
>> much older niece for scavenging off plates seems like an obvious choice
>> for teenage boys. Turned out they were right. <shrug>
>>
>> Jill

>Maybe teenage boys, but grown men, unless they have a sadistic streak should
>not find it interesting.
>
>Cheri

After reading the descriptions it's very obvious to me that the 50
year old niece has deep seated psychological issues, however her adult
relatives have even more severe mental issues for taunting her and
worse they encourage their teenaged spawn to do likwise.
No question about it the niece is handicapped, what kind of freaks
encourage their children to taunt a handicapped person and then they
gloat about it. That woman needs help, more help than her family is
capable of because they need more professional help.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-13, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Sat 12 Aug 2017 06:27:49p, Cheri told us...

>> I think in 40 years he will be reminiscing about this newsgroup.

> If he's lucky enough to have lived that long.

No kidding!

Heck, even I'm on the reaper's short list (that's "list", not bus!).

=D
nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 8/13/2017 11:49 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> Teenagers (especially boys) are not known for being nice. They find
>>> belching or farting in public (or arm-pit farts) amusing. Picking on
>>> the much older niece for scavenging off plates seems like an obvious
>>> choice for teenage boys. Turned out they were right. <shrug>
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Maybe teenage boys, but grown men, unless they have a sadistic streak
>> should not fine it interesting.
>>
>> Cheri

> He was merely recounting a fact. I didn't say it was a nice thing for
> them to do.
>
> Jill

Dave said it was "interesting to watch", what adult would find it
interesting instead of putting a stop to it? A sadistic type.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2017-08-13, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> On Sat 12 Aug 2017 06:27:49p, Cheri told us...

>>> I think in 40 years he will be reminiscing about this newsgroup.

>> If he's lucky enough to have lived that long.

> No kidding!
>
> Heck, even I'm on the reaper's short list (that's "list", not bus!).
>
> =D
> nb

With much more in the rear view mirror of that bus than in the windshield in
my case. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 4:22:00 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/13/2017 8:56 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2017-08-13 7:40 AM, Janet wrote:
> >> In article >,
> >> says...

> >> Do you have any insight at all into your own behaviour?
> >>
> >> Your neice is mentally ill. You criticise your sister for not
> >> controlling her mentally ill daughter.

> > Slight correction.... it is my sister in law's daughter. I did not
> > criticize SiL for not controlling her daughter. Her daughter is now in
> > her late 50s. She has an eating disorder, a personality disorder that
> > she has failed to address on her own. It is not a mental illness. She
> > is morbidly obese and diabetic, and had to have hip replacement in her
> > 50s. Other than that, she is fully functioning. She is gainfully
> > employed and takes night courses.
> >

> >> Yet you, as a parent, completely failed to control your son's
> >> disgusting behaviour when he literally baited, "had fun with"
> >> her mental illness.

> > They had fun with her compulsive eating and her apparent enjoyment of
> > stealing food. It was buffet meal. If she wanted more chicken nuggets
> > she could have gone to the table and taken fresh food. She was stealing
> > half eaten food from other people's plates.
> >

> >> You should be ashamed of him, and your own parenting.

> > Really? I have to admit that it was interesting to watch. The two
> > teenage cousins were very subtle about it. They would take a bite out
> > of a piece of food and then set it on a plate and walk away, and within
> > minutes she would come along and take the half eaten food that was
> > sitting on a plate in the sun.
> >

> It really was not nice to do that, but it is what teenagers do. My kids
> would have done it too. That is the reality of life.

Really? I'd be disappointed if my kids pulled a stunt like that because that would mean they were evil pricks. It's not good to be an evil prick.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 4:22:00 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> > Slight correction.... it is my sister in law's daughter. I did not
>> > criticize SiL for not controlling her daughter. Her daughter is now in
>> > her late 50s. She has an eating disorder, a personality disorder that
>> > she has failed to address on her own. It is not a mental illness. She
>> > is morbidly obese and diabetic, and had to have hip replacement in her
>> > 50s. Other than that, she is fully functioning. She is gainfully
>> > employed and takes night courses.

>> > They had fun with her compulsive eating and her apparent enjoyment of
>> > stealing food. It was buffet meal. If she wanted more chicken nuggets
>> > she could have gone to the table and taken fresh food. She was
>> > stealing
>> > half eaten food from other people's plates.

>> > Really? I have to admit that it was interesting to watch. The two
>> > teenage cousins were very subtle about it. They would take a bite out
>> > of a piece of food and then set it on a plate and walk away, and within
>> > minutes she would come along and take the half eaten food that was
>> > sitting on a plate in the sun.
>> >

>> It really was not nice to do that, but it is what teenagers do. My kids
>> would have done it too. That is the reality of life.

> Really? I'd be disappointed if my kids pulled a stunt like that because
> that would mean they were evil pricks. It's not good to be an evil prick.

=======

Fact of the matter is, my kids wouldn't do it while I sat around watching
and doing nothing to stop it, that's the reality of their raising. I've
always despised bullies, and the people that allow them to be bullies with
lazy parenting, sadistic streaks of their own etc. Granted you can't always
see what they're up to, but to actually watch it and do nothing is just
hateful and ugly.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 4:34:12 AM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> news

> >> What a load of crap. This is how baby boomers live here.
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgX6VTJcMm8
> >>
> >> http://voiceforarran.com/images/mag56/Acrc1.jpg
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB21-KzCWKU
> >>
> >> http://www.arranholidayretreats.co.u...r-Mhor-summit-
> >> Corinna-Goeckeritz-Arran-Mountain-Festival.jpg
> >>

> >> Janet UK
> >>

> > Thank you, Janet UK! The "boomers" around here enjoy kayaking, playing
> > tennis, golf (of course), bicycling, boating. There aren't any hills to
> > climb but the "boomers" go fishing, net up fresh shrimp, haul in crab
> > pots, etc. And gee, everyone has a computer.
> >
> > Jill

> Are you saying they are relevant as far as tracking trends goes? Only to the
> pharmaceuticals, as evidenced by every commercial.
>
> Cheri

That's a good point. The boomers are still an important market for the drug companies. That's something to crow about, right?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 4:34:12 AM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > Thank you, Janet UK! The "boomers" around here enjoy kayaking, playing
>> > tennis, golf (of course), bicycling, boating. There aren't any hills
>> > climb but the "boomers" go fishing, net up fresh shrimp, haul in crab
>> > pots, etc. And gee, everyone has a computer.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> Are you saying they are relevant as far as tracking trends goes? Only to
>> the
>> pharmaceuticals, as evidenced by every commercial.
>>
>> Cheri

> That's a good point. The boomers are still an important market for the
> drug companies. That's something to crow about, right?

LOL, for sure, they keep the young, hip, execs of the pharmceutical
companies in expensive trending toys with their drug/doctor spending.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/13/2017 10:32 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> news

>>> What a load of crap. This is how baby boomers live here.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgX6VTJcMm8
>>>
>>> http://voiceforarran.com/images/mag56/Acrc1.jpg
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB21-KzCWKU
>>>

>>> http://www.arranholidayretreats.co.u...r-Mhor-summit-
>>> Corinna-Goeckeritz-Arran-Mountain-Festival.jpg
>>>

>>> Janet UK
>>>

>> Thank you, Janet UK! The "boomers" around here enjoy kayaking,
>> playing tennis, golf (of course), bicycling, boating. There aren't
>> any hills to climb but the "boomers" go fishing, net up fresh shrimp,
>> haul in crab pots, etc. And gee, everyone has a computer.
>>
>> Jill

> Are you saying they are relevant as far as tracking trends goes? Only to
> the pharmaceuticals, as evidenced by every commercial.
>
> Cheri

Were we talking about pharmaceuticals? I must have missed that part of
the thread drift. I don't pay much attention to what dsi1 says. He
thinks the entire world should be run by Google.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/13/2017 10:59 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 8/12/2017 10:18 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> I think in 40 years he will be reminiscing about this newsgroup.
>>> ;-)

>> If he's lucky enough to have lived that long.

> My mother was a member of a senior center where they had all kinds
> of exercise classes, etc, and had a cheap lunch. She was 88 and
> felt left out because all the other seniors had smart phones they
> used for all kinds of things. I got her one, of course.
>
> Point is, all these pre baby boomers aren't necessarily sitting
> around thinking about the olden days. Plenty of them are with it
> and still curious so why should their next generation be any different.
>
> nancy

Exactly!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/13/2017 10:29 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 9.45...
>> On Sun 13 Aug 2017 05:14:10a, Janet told us...

>>> What a load of crap. This is how baby boomers live here.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgX6VTJcMm8
>>>
>>> http://voiceforarran.com/images/mag56/Acrc1.jpg
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB21-KzCWKU
>>>
>>> http://www.arranholidayretreats.co.u.../3-Cir-Mhor-su
>>> mmit-
>>> Corinna-Goeckeritz-Arran-Mountain-Festival.jpg
>>>

>>> Janet UK
>>>

>> Love your examples, Janet!

> Except they have nothing to do with dsi1's post.
>
> Cheri

dsi1 thinks middle aged people and baby boomers have no relevance in
tracking trends. Sorry, I don't believe it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/13/2017 12:41 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 8/13/2017 11:49 AM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Maybe teenage boys, but grown men, unless they have a sadistic streak
>>> should not fine it interesting.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> He was merely recounting a fact. I didn't say it was a nice thing for
>> them to do.
>>
>> Jill

> Dave said it was "interesting to watch", what adult would find it
> interesting instead of putting a stop to it? A sadistic type.
>
> Cheri

Okay, whatever. It was apparently years ago and we can't turn back
time. I don't agree with it but we can't do a thing to change it now.

I once had a very bad experience at a restaurant. Can't change that
now, either.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/13/2017 12:44 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 4:22:00 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Slight correction.... it is my sister in law's daughter. I did not
>>> criticize SiL for not controlling her daughter. Her daughter is now in
>>> her late 50s. She has an eating disorder, a personality disorder that
>>> she has failed to address on her own. It is not a mental illness. She
>>> is morbidly obese and diabetic, and had to have hip replacement in her
>>> 50s. Other than that, she is fully functioning. She is gainfully
>>> employed and takes night courses.

>>> They had fun with her compulsive eating and her apparent enjoyment of
>>> stealing food. It was buffet meal. If she wanted more chicken nuggets
>>> she could have gone to the table and taken fresh food. She was stealing
>>> half eaten food from other people's plates.

>>> Really? I have to admit that it was interesting to watch. The two
>>> teenage cousins were very subtle about it. They would take a bite out
>>> of a piece of food and then set it on a plate and walk away, and within
>>> minutes she would come along and take the half eaten food that was
>>> sitting on a plate in the sun.
>>>

>> It really was not nice to do that, but it is what teenagers do. My kids
>> would have done it too. That is the reality of life.

> Really? I'd be disappointed if my kids pulled a stunt like that because that would mean they were evil pricks. It's not good to be an evil prick.

I'm jealous. Your kids were perfect, mine had defects.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 8/13/2017 10:32 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> Thank you, Janet UK! The "boomers" around here enjoy kayaking,
>>> playing tennis, golf (of course), bicycling, boating. There aren't
>>> any hills to climb but the "boomers" go fishing, net up fresh shrimp,
>>> haul in crab pots, etc. And gee, everyone has a computer.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Are you saying they are relevant as far as tracking trends goes? Only to
>> the pharmaceuticals, as evidenced by every commercial.
>>
>> Cheri

> Were we talking about pharmaceuticals? I must have missed that part of
> the thread drift. I don't pay much attention to what dsi1 says. He
> thinks the entire world should be run by Google.
>
> Jill

No, actually we were talking about boomers being relevant when it comes to
trending. Can you tell me where they are trending, except with drug
commercials? I'm interested.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 6:53:06 AM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
> "dsi1" <dsi1yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> It really was not nice to do that, but it is what teenagers do. My kids
> >> would have done it too. That is the reality of life.

> > Really? I'd be disappointed if my kids pulled a stunt like that because
> > that would mean they were evil pricks. It's not good to be an evil prick.

> =======
>
> Fact of the matter is, my kids wouldn't do it while I sat around watching
> and doing nothing to stop it, that's the reality of their raising. I've
> always despised bullies, and the people that allow them to be bullies with
> lazy parenting, sadistic streaks of their own etc. Granted you can't always
> see what they're up to, but to actually watch it and do nothing is just
> hateful and ugly.
>
> Cheri

For sure, you were raised better than that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
9.44...
> On Sun 13 Aug 2017 08:47:46a, Cheri told us...

>>> My mother was a member of a senior center where they had all
>>> kinds of exercise classes, etc, and had a cheap lunch. She was
>>> 88 and felt left out because all the other seniors had smart
>>> phones they used for all kinds of things. I got her one, of
>>> course.
>>>
>>> Point is, all these pre baby boomers aren't necessarily sitting
>>> around thinking about the olden days. Plenty of them are with it
>>> and still curious so why should their next generation be any
>>> different.
>>>
>>> nancy

>> I didn't see anyone say they were sitting around, but the
>> definitely talk about their younger years, their music, their
>> parenting style etc.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> Virtually every generation talks about "their younger years, their
> music, their parenting style etc." Do you not yourself?

Of course, that's why I posted "That's mostly true of every generation."
Dsi1's assertion that boomers are no longer relevant to trending is
absolutely true and has nothing to do with excercise etc. They are not
looked on as the trendsetters they were 40 years ago, and many do harken
back to the "good old days" at every opportunity. Do you not yourself?

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 8/13/2017 10:29 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> 9.45...
>>> On Sun 13 Aug 2017 05:14:10a, Janet told us...

>>> Love your examples, Janet!

>> Except they have nothing to do with dsi1's post.
>>
>> Cheri

> dsi1 thinks middle aged people and baby boomers have no relevance in
> tracking trends. Sorry, I don't believe it.
>
> Jill

He didn't say a thing about middle aged people, he said baby boomers, and
they have no relevance in tracking new trends, unless it's the arthritis
drugs they buy, and it doesn't matter if you believe it or not.

Cheri

Fun Vintage Item jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 50 16-12-2015 09:24 PM
Wish Me Luck Boron Elgar[_1_] General Cooking 16 30-06-2009 02:35 AM
Pot Luck Dimitri General Cooking 0 23-04-2009 01:55 AM
Wish me luck TFM®[_2_] Barbecue 7 13-09-2008 04:43 PM
Pot Luck Help Rich General Cooking 49 08-05-2005 09:17 PM