Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pot luck item

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:48:27 -0300, wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:51:21 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>>> I don't blame him. I would not want people eating in my new car
>>> either.

>>We don't allow eating food or smoking in our car, even though we both
>>smoke.

>Smoking in the car drops the used car value tremendously.

Smoking in one's house drops its price tremendously, for many it makes
it unsaleable. Many won't buy a car or a house from a dog/cat owner.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 09:32:22 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> College towns are nice that way. I wouldn't want to live in a place
>> where McDonalds is the most interesting option.

>Keep in mind Bruce. McDonalds in the early morning is not about
>food or even about rich or poor. McD in the early morning is just
>an empty place where you can buy cheap and decent coffee. And
>there is no waitress trying to hurry you up so someone else can
>get your table. I even think they offer senior citizen discounts
>but I'm not sure....at age 64, I would probably qualify but I've
>never asked.
>
>McD welcomes all in the morning. Creates "good will" to come back
>later.
>Free WIFI too.

And it's child friendly and clean and they don't sell alcohol.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:01:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 8/22/2017 9:32 AM, Gary wrote:
>
>> Keep in mind Bruce. McDonalds in the early morning is not about
>> food or even about rich or poor. McD in the early morning is just
>> an empty place where you can buy cheap and decent coffee. And
>> there is no waitress trying to hurry you up so someone else can
>> get your table. I even think they offer senior citizen discounts
>> but I'm not sure....at age 64, I would probably qualify but I've
>> never asked.

>Just order a Senior coffee. 79 cents here. Sometimes they have any
>size for $1, a good deal if you want the larger size.

You're still drinking McDonalds coffee. Bad for your karma.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:01:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 8/22/2017 9:32 AM, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> Keep in mind Bruce. McDonalds in the early morning is not about
>>> food or even about rich or poor. McD in the early morning is just
>>> an empty place where you can buy cheap and decent coffee. And
>>> there is no waitress trying to hurry you up so someone else can
>>> get your table. I even think they offer senior citizen discounts
>>> but I'm not sure....at age 64, I would probably qualify but I've
>>> never asked.

>>Just order a Senior coffee. 79 cents here. Sometimes they have any
>>size for $1, a good deal if you want the larger size.

> You're still drinking McDonalds coffee. Bad for your karma.

I think their coffee is actually pretty good, at least it used to be. I
haven't had coffee from them for a few years now.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:55:04 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 03:40:36 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 8:03:47 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> If I'd meet an old friend, it would always be in the evening and in a
>>> pub, or at either's home.

>>I'm sure many oldtimers do that, too. With 320 million people, you
>>probably can find an example of every sort of behavior.

>Yes, everything exists and everything we're all saying about this is a
>generalised statement, with the flaws that come with that. But if I
>can only say things about McDonalds after I've visited all the
>franchises in Europe -like Sanne suggests- I'd have to quit my day job
>and I might be dead before I come to a conclusion.
>
>==
>
>Sounds a hellish idea I have been in one of those fast food places and
>ordered Filet of fish! Never been in one since
>
>It was full of gunk. I have heard though that in different countries the
>menus are different. Perhaps the contents of the items are too.

I bet it was either basa or basa plus a filler of sorts. If they can
find a filler that's cheaper than basa.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-22 1:05 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> Just order a Senior coffee.* 79 cents here.* Sometimes they have any
>>> size for $1, a good deal if you want the larger size.

>> You're still drinking McDonalds coffee. Bad for your karma.

> I think their coffee is actually pretty good, at least it used to be. I
> haven't had coffee from them for a few years now.
>
> Cheri

It is good! I get it on the drive out to BC.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:05:51 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Just order a Senior coffee. 79 cents here. Sometimes they have any
>>>size for $1, a good deal if you want the larger size.

>> You're still drinking McDonalds coffee. Bad for your karma.

>I think their coffee is actually pretty good, at least it used to be. I
>haven't had coffee from them for a few years now.

I had their fries a few years ago. That's before I saw the ingredient
list. I think you can make explosives with those ingredients.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:05:51 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> You're still drinking McDonalds coffee. Bad for your karma.

>>I think their coffee is actually pretty good, at least it used to be. I
>>haven't had coffee from them for a few years now.

> I had their fries a few years ago. That's before I saw the ingredient
> list. I think you can make explosives with those ingredients.

I love their fries. I consider them a rare treat these days.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:29:40 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:05:51 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>I think their coffee is actually pretty good, at least it used to be. I
>>>haven't had coffee from them for a few years now.

>> I had their fries a few years ago. That's before I saw the ingredient
>> list. I think you can make explosives with those ingredients.

>I love their fries. I consider them a rare treat these days.

If I remember correctly, there is actually a bit of potato in them. A
lovely touch of authenticity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:16:40 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:05:51 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Bruce" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> You're still drinking McDonalds coffee. Bad for your karma.

> >I think their coffee is actually pretty good, at least it used to be. I
> >haven't had coffee from them for a few years now.

> I had their fries a few years ago. That's before I saw the ingredient
> list. I think you can make explosives with those ingredients.

Shrug. Nitroglycerin for angina. Saltpeter (which can be used
to make gunpowder) as a curing agent for meat.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:45:39 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:16:40 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:05:51 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Bruce" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >I think their coffee is actually pretty good, at least it used to be. I
>> >haven't had coffee from them for a few years now.

>> I had their fries a few years ago. That's before I saw the ingredient
>> list. I think you can make explosives with those ingredients.

>Shrug. Nitroglycerin for angina. Saltpeter (which can be used
>to make gunpowder) as a curing agent for meat.

Yes, but we're talking about fries. In the old days, they were made of
potato. Isn't that a creepy idea? Just potato? Brrrr, nature!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 9:07:04 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:55:04 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Bruce" wrote in message ...
> >
> >On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 03:40:36 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >>I'm sure many oldtimers do that, too. With 320 million people, you
> >>probably can find an example of every sort of behavior.

> >Yes, everything exists and everything we're all saying about this is a
> >generalised statement, with the flaws that come with that. But if I
> >can only say things about McDonalds after I've visited all the
> >franchises in Europe -like Sanne suggests- I'd have to quit my day job
> >and I might be dead before I come to a conclusion.
> >
> >==
> >
> >Sounds a hellish idea I have been in one of those fast food places and
> >ordered Filet of fish! Never been in one since
> >
> >It was full of gunk. I have heard though that in different countries the
> >menus are different. Perhaps the contents of the items are too.

> I bet it was either basa or basa plus a filler of sorts. If they can
> find a filler that's cheaper than basa.

In the US, it's pollock - it's a sustainable fish. Previously, they used cod and haddock. The Fillet-O-Fish sandwich is a very popular item. It comes with tartar sauce and half a slice of American cheese. Cheese in a fish sandwich is a pretty gutsy move. Some people are addicted to that sandwich.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 13:24:48 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 9:07:04 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:55:04 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>> >
>> >Yes, everything exists and everything we're all saying about this is a
>> >generalised statement, with the flaws that come with that. But if I
>> >can only say things about McDonalds after I've visited all the
>> >franchises in Europe -like Sanne suggests- I'd have to quit my day job
>> >and I might be dead before I come to a conclusion.
>> >
>> >==
>> >
>> >Sounds a hellish idea I have been in one of those fast food places and
>> >ordered Filet of fish! Never been in one since
>> >
>> >It was full of gunk. I have heard though that in different countries the
>> >menus are different. Perhaps the contents of the items are too.

>> I bet it was either basa or basa plus a filler of sorts. If they can
>> find a filler that's cheaper than basa.

>In the US, it's pollock - it's a sustainable fish.

You're right.

> Previously, they used cod and haddock. The Fillet-O-Fish sandwich is
> a very popular item. It comes with tartar sauce and half a slice of
> American cheese.

That fillet of fish is wonderful stuff:

Pollock, Water, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil), Wheat Flour, Modified Food Starch, Contains
2% or Less: Yellow Corn Flour, Bleached Wheat Flour, Salt, Whey
(Milk), Dextrose, Dried Yeast, Sugar, Cellulose Gum, Paprika and
Turmeric Extract (Color), Natural Flavors.

> Cheese in a fish sandwich is a pretty gutsy move.

Yes, McDonalds are true Pioneers of the Palate. Thanks McDonalds!

> Some people are addicted to that sandwich.

It must be the cellulose gum that makes people keep coming back.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 4:02:08 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:45:39 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:16:40 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

> >> .. .

> >> I had their fries a few years ago. That's before I saw the ingredient
> >> list. I think you can make explosives with those ingredients.

> >Shrug. Nitroglycerin for angina. Saltpeter (which can be used
> >to make gunpowder) as a curing agent for meat.

> Yes, but we're talking about fries. In the old days, they were made of
> potato. Isn't that a creepy idea? Just potato? Brrrr, nature!

It's a necessity if people want to pay 99 cents for an order of
fries. And they do.

This very small fast-food chain has hand-cut fries:
<http://elevationburger.com/>

It's $2.75 for an order of fries. I was there once for lunch
on a weekday. Deserted.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2017 1:40 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> I had their fries a few years ago. That's before I saw the ingredient
>>> list. I think you can make explosives with those ingredients.

>> I love their fries. I consider them a rare treat these days.

> If I remember correctly, there is actually a bit of potato in them. A
> lovely touch of authenticity.

Your supercilious snark is your Achilles heel, auztard:

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/a...alculator.html

FRENCH FRIES
Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk
Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color),
Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk
as starting ingredients.

Top tip - the dominant ingredient is always listed 1st.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2017 1:45 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I think their coffee is actually pretty good, at least it used to be. I
>>> haven't had coffee from them for a few years now.

>> I had their fries a few years ago. That's before I saw the ingredient
>> list. I think you can make explosives with those ingredients.

> Shrug. Nitroglycerin for angina. Saltpeter (which can be used
> to make gunpowder) as a curing agent for meat.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/a...alculator.html

FRENCH FRIES
Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk
Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color),
Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk
as starting ingredients.

100% BEEF PATTY
Ingredients: 100% Pure USDA Inspected Beef; No Fillers, No Extenders.
Prepared with Grill Seasoning (Salt, Black Pepper).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2017 2:02 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:45:39 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:16:40 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

>>> I had their fries a few years ago. That's before I saw the ingredient
>>> list. I think you can make explosives with those ingredients.

>> Shrug. Nitroglycerin for angina. Saltpeter (which can be used
>> to make gunpowder) as a curing agent for meat.

> Yes, but we're talking about fries. In the old days, they were made of
> potato. Isn't that a creepy idea? Just potato? Brrrr, nature!

Read up, smartass:

FRENCH FRIES
Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk
Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color),
Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk
as starting ingredients.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 13:44:48 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 4:02:08 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:45:39 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Shrug. Nitroglycerin for angina. Saltpeter (which can be used
>> >to make gunpowder) as a curing agent for meat.

>> Yes, but we're talking about fries. In the old days, they were made of
>> potato. Isn't that a creepy idea? Just potato? Brrrr, nature!

>It's a necessity if people want to pay 99 cents for an order of
>fries. And they do.
>
>This very small fast-food chain has hand-cut fries:
><http://elevationburger.com/>
>
>It's $2.75 for an order of fries. I was there once for lunch
>on a weekday. Deserted.

You're right. If there was no demand for McDonalds science project
food, they wouldn't exist. I guess people get the food they deserve.
And nobody's forced to go there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 03:40:36 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 8:03:47 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> If I'd meet an old friend, it would always be in the evening and in a
>>> pub, or at either's home.

>>I'm sure many oldtimers do that, too. With 320 million people, you
>>probably can find an example of every sort of behavior.

>Yes, everything exists and everything we're all saying about this is a
>generalised statement, with the flaws that come with that. But if I
>can only say things about McDonalds after I've visited all the
>franchises in Europe -like Sanne suggests- I'd have to quit my day job
>and I might be dead before I come to a conclusion.
>
>==
>
>Sounds a hellish idea I have been in one of those fast food places and
>ordered Filet of fish! Never been in one since
>
>It was full of gunk. I have heard though that in different countries the
>menus are different. Perhaps the contents of the items are too.

I bet it was either basa or basa plus a filler of sorts. If they can
find a filler that's cheaper than basa.

==

I wouldn't know and am not likely to know now

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2017 2:54 PM, Bruce wrote:
> You're right. If there was no demand for McDonalds science project
> food, they wouldn't exist. I guess people get the food they deserve.
> And nobody's forced to go there.

But some jealous Auztards feel an obsession to yap about it, meanwhile:

http://www.gregnormansaustraliangrille.com/lunch.php

Fried white fish sandwich with rémoulade sauce on a hoagie roll, served
with fries and a side of coleslaw 12
With additional toppings: Sautéed onions and cheese 13

A very ppendy place!

Oh and Auztarded delicacies:

http://www.endlesssimmer.com/2011/01...ve-invented/2/

2. Vegemite
vegemite

Theres no way we could celebrate Australian cuisine without mentioning
this much maligned foodstuff. The notorious spread popular enough down
under that its distributed by Kraft is actually made from yeast
extract, a byproduct of beer brewing. The deep, bitter character of this
widely-eaten toast topping is often described diplomatically as an
acquired taste.

1. Pie Floater
pie floater

Of all the Australian foods I came across in researching this piece, the
Pie Floater is by far the most mind-blowing. Lets go back to those meat
pies mentioned above, only this time were going to take one of them,
flip it over, and submerge it in a thick green bowl of pea soup. Wow. By
now you should know that this glorious mush of a meal could only be
improved by a coating of ketchup on top.

6. Potato Cakes
potato cakes

Now this is where the Australians really start to challenge us for the
deep-fried crown. Smartly realizing that a plate of fried fish and chips
just isnt substantial enough for many people, many chippers here serve
their fish with potato cakes basically giant circles of mashed
potatoes deep-fried within an inch of their life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:46:16 -0600, Casa de Masa > wrote:

>>> I love their fries. I consider them a rare treat these days.

>> If I remember correctly, there is actually a bit of potato in them. A
>> lovely touch of authenticity.

>Your supercilious snark is your Achilles heel, auztard:
>

>https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/a...alculator.html
>
>FRENCH FRIES
>Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
>Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk
>Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color),
>Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk
>as starting ingredients.
>

>Top tip - the dominant ingredient is always listed 1st.

Wonderful, but then comes all the other crap. I guess y'all like
astronaut food
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 22:00:01 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:55:04 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 03:40:36 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>I'm sure many oldtimers do that, too. With 320 million people, you
>>>probably can find an example of every sort of behavior.

>>Yes, everything exists and everything we're all saying about this is a
>>generalised statement, with the flaws that come with that. But if I
>>can only say things about McDonalds after I've visited all the
>>franchises in Europe -like Sanne suggests- I'd have to quit my day job
>>and I might be dead before I come to a conclusion.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Sounds a hellish idea I have been in one of those fast food places and
>>ordered Filet of fish! Never been in one since
>>
>>It was full of gunk. I have heard though that in different countries the
>>menus are different. Perhaps the contents of the items are too.

>I bet it was either basa or basa plus a filler of sorts. If they can
>find a filler that's cheaper than basa.
>
>==
>
>I wouldn't know and am not likely to know now

I guess it's moot anyway

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-22 10:03 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/22/2017 9:46 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> So we all sat there until I ate 3 quarter pounders and 2 large
>>> fries.* He was worried about food in his car? He should have been
>>> more worried that I might throw-up all that crammed in food into
>>> his super-duper new car.
>>>

>> I don't blame him. I would not want people eating in my new car either.

> But you can pull over and get out to eat.

I thought that was what they had done when the father stopped at
McDonalds. That stuff has an aroma that lingers in cars.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 10:43:52 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 13:24:48 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsyahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 9:07:04 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> >> I bet it was either basa or basa plus a filler of sorts. If they can
> >> find a filler that's cheaper than basa.

> >In the US, it's pollock - it's a sustainable fish.

> You're right.
>
> > Previously, they used cod and haddock. The Fillet-O-Fish sandwich is
> > a very popular item. It comes with tartar sauce and half a slice of
> > American cheese.

> That fillet of fish is wonderful stuff:
>
> Pollock, Water, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
> Hydrogenated Soybean Oil), Wheat Flour, Modified Food Starch, Contains
> 2% or Less: Yellow Corn Flour, Bleached Wheat Flour, Salt, Whey
> (Milk), Dextrose, Dried Yeast, Sugar, Cellulose Gum, Paprika and
> Turmeric Extract (Color), Natural Flavors.
>
> > Cheese in a fish sandwich is a pretty gutsy move.

> Yes, McDonalds are true Pioneers of the Palate. Thanks McDonalds!
>
> > Some people are addicted to that sandwich.

> It must be the cellulose gum that makes people keep coming back.

I sure wish I invented that sandwich. It's the perfect storm of fish sandwiches. I don't eat 'em myself though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2017 3:13 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> If I remember correctly, there is actually a bit of potato in them. A
>>> lovely touch of authenticity.

>> Your supercilious snark is your Achilles heel, auztard:
>>

>> https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/a...alculator.html
>>
>> FRENCH FRIES
>> Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
>> Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk
>> Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color),
>> Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk
>> as starting ingredients.
>>

>> Top tip - the dominant ingredient is always listed 1st.

> Wonderful, but then comes all the other crap.

Which "crap" is that?

> I guess y'all like astronaut food

We feed it to our kids too.

http://www.gogosqueez.com/

NATURALLY DELICIOUS
GoGo squeeZ is made with nothing but real, fresh fruit and veggieZ and a
splash of juice. In fact, our proprietary manufacturing process can get
an apple into a pouch in about an hour. Now thats fast!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2017 3:52 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 10:43:52 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 13:24:48 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsyahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> In the US, it's pollock - it's a sustainable fish.

>> You're right.
>>
>>> Previously, they used cod and haddock. The Fillet-O-Fish sandwich is
>>> a very popular item. It comes with tartar sauce and half a slice of
>>> American cheese.

>> That fillet of fish is wonderful stuff:
>>
>> Pollock, Water, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
>> Hydrogenated Soybean Oil), Wheat Flour, Modified Food Starch, Contains
>> 2% or Less: Yellow Corn Flour, Bleached Wheat Flour, Salt, Whey
>> (Milk), Dextrose, Dried Yeast, Sugar, Cellulose Gum, Paprika and
>> Turmeric Extract (Color), Natural Flavors.
>>
>>> Cheese in a fish sandwich is a pretty gutsy move.

>> Yes, McDonalds are true Pioneers of the Palate. Thanks McDonalds!
>>
>>> Some people are addicted to that sandwich.

>> It must be the cellulose gum that makes people keep coming back.

> I sure wish I invented that sandwich. It's the perfect storm of fish sandwiches. I don't eat 'em myself though.

As play food goes they're fine.

I keep confusing the buns with the toy food items some kids have.

https://www.solidrop.net/product/sim...chen-toys.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-22 3:04 PM, Bruce wrote:

>> Just order a Senior coffee. 79 cents here. Sometimes they have any
>> size for $1, a good deal if you want the larger size.

> You're still drinking McDonalds coffee. Bad for your karma.

I had heard that McD's coffee was good. I tried it a couple years ago.
It was okay. Just about a year ago I stopped at a McD's mainly because
I needed to use the bathroom. I got a coffee and a chococlatini. The
pastry was surprisingly good. When I tried the coffee I was wowed. It
was really good.... and that is something that I never would have
expected to say about anything at McDonalds

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 15:57:51 -0600, Casa de Masa > wrote:

>On 8/22/2017 3:13 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Your supercilious snark is your Achilles heel, auztard:
>>>

>>> https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/a...alculator.html
>>>
>>> FRENCH FRIES
>>> Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
>>> Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk
>>> Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color),
>>> Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk
>>> as starting ingredients.
>>>

>>> Top tip - the dominant ingredient is always listed 1st.

>> Wonderful, but then comes all the other crap.

>Which "crap" is that?

Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean
Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*), Dextrose,
Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. *Natural beef flavor
contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.

But I know how you think. You're one of these fanatical patriots who
think that criticising good ol' McDonalds equates to criticising the
US and that's FORBIDDEN! So enjoy your "burger" and your "fries" and
have a nice day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 18:04:21 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-08-22 3:04 PM, Bruce wrote:
>
>>> Just order a Senior coffee. 79 cents here. Sometimes they have any
>>> size for $1, a good deal if you want the larger size.

>> You're still drinking McDonalds coffee. Bad for your karma.
>>

>I had heard that McD's coffee was good. I tried it a couple years ago.
>It was okay. Just about a year ago I stopped at a McD's mainly because
>I needed to use the bathroom. I got a coffee and a chococlatini. The
>pastry was surprisingly good. When I tried the coffee I was wowed. It
>was really good.... and that is something that I never would have
>expected to say about anything at McDonalds

That may be, but your karma took a bad hit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2017 4:17 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 15:57:51 -0600, Casa de Masa > wrote:

>>> Wonderful, but then comes all the other crap.

>> Which "crap" is that?

> Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean
> Oil,

That's not crap, it's good quality vegetable oils.

> Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*),

You have an issue with wheat and milk?

That's how they replaced the flavor the beef tallow oil used to add.

> Dextrose,

Sugar.

> Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt.

Salt by any other name is still salt.

> *Natural beef flavor
> contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.

That's how they replaced the flavor the beef tallow oil used to add.

> But I know how you think.

Oh I rather doubt that, even as dedicated a troll as YOU are.

> You're one of these fanatical patriots who
> think that criticising good ol' McDonalds equates to criticising the
> US

But you _always_ dog the USA, so tell me I'm wrong...

> and that's FORBIDDEN!

It is indeed, Auztard.

> So enjoy your "burger" and your "fries" and
> have a nice day.

I will and I always do!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2017 4:17 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 18:04:21 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> You're still drinking McDonalds coffee. Bad for your karma.
>>>

>> I had heard that McD's coffee was good. I tried it a couple years ago.
>> It was okay. Just about a year ago I stopped at a McD's mainly because
>> I needed to use the bathroom. I got a coffee and a chococlatini. The
>> pastry was surprisingly good. When I tried the coffee I was wowed. It
>> was really good.... and that is something that I never would have
>> expected to say about anything at McDonalds

> That may be, but your karma took a bad hit.

Why is that, troll?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
news
> On 8/22/2017 4:17 PM, Bruce wrote:

>> So enjoy your "burger" and your "fries" and
>> have a nice day.

> I will and I always do!

And don't need anybody's permission to do so.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 16:18:41 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
>news
>> On 8/22/2017 4:17 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> So enjoy your "burger" and your "fries" and
>>> have a nice day.

>> I will and I always do!

>And don't need anybody's permission to do so.

People Eat The Food They Deserve, AKA To Each Their Own! More burgers
and synthetic fries for the Boner troll, please!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2017 5:18 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 8/22/2017 4:17 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> So enjoy your "burger" and your "fries" and
>>> have a nice day.

>> I will and I always do!

> And don't need anybody's permission to do so.
>
> Cheri

Indeed!

But I do need an In and Out that's closer than Az. for variety.

Then again the best fast food green chile burger in existence is found at:

http://www.lotaburger.com/menu/

LOTA Burger with
Green Chile & Cheese

Ask for Double Meat & dont forget to add Hatch Green Chile & Cheese!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/22/2017 5:24 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 16:18:41 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> I will and I always do!

>> And don't need anybody's permission to do so.

> People Eat The Food They Deserve,

Deserve's got nothing to do with it troll, unless you're in prison.

> AKA To Each Their Own!

No, you said deserve - that is a different meaning.

> More burgers and synthetic fries for the Boner troll, please!

And:

http://www.lotaburger.com/menu/

LOTA Burger® with
Green Chile & Cheese

Ask for Double Meat & dont forget to add Hatch Green Chile & Cheese!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 8/22/2017 9:46 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

> > > Here's a somewhat funny that happened to me about 25 years ago.
> > >
> > > My daughter and I rode with my parents one day to check on their
> > > new house that was being built. It was about 300 miles away.
> > > Well, about half way, Dad stopped at a McDonalds for bathroom and
> > > a quick lunch.
> > >
> > > Whenever I traveled, I would always buy several burgers (or BBQ
> > > sandwiches) so I could eat some on the way.
> > >
> > > So in this one McDonalds, I ordered 3 quarter pounders with
> > > cheese and 2 large fries. I figured I would eat one burger and
> > > fries at the table then take the rest to munch on as we continued
> > > to travel.
> > >
> > > Oh man. What I didn't know is that my Dad was an assmunch and
> > > refused to have food in his nifty new car. No munching burgers
> > > along the way. He refused to leave the McDonalds until I ate all
> > > that food. Crap! Since he was treating, I felt the need to eat it
> > > all and not toss some.
> > >
> > > So we all sat there until I ate 3 quarter pounders and 2 large
> > > fries.* He was worried about food in his car? He should have been
> > > more worried that I might throw-up all that crammed in food into
> > > his super-duper new car.
> > >

> > I don't blame him. I would not want people eating in my new car
> > either.

> But you can pull over and get out to eat.

That woould have been my simple answer as well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 17:32:53 -0600, Casa de Masa > wrote:

>On 8/22/2017 5:18 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> I will and I always do!

>> And don't need anybody's permission to do so.
>>
>> Cheri

>Indeed!

I suggest that you 2 now do a little dance together. Or a singalong,
your choice.

Fun Vintage Item jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 50 16-12-2015 08:24 PM
Wish Me Luck Boron Elgar[_1_] General Cooking 16 30-06-2009 02:35 AM
Pot Luck Dimitri General Cooking 0 23-04-2009 01:55 AM
Wish me luck TFM[_2_] Barbecue 7 13-09-2008 04:43 PM
Pot Luck Help Rich General Cooking 49 08-05-2005 09:17 PM