Old 14-03-2016, 01:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Burned.......

I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
on my hand tonight.

Stupid kitchen accidents.

--
ღ.¸¸.*¨`*
Cheryl

Old 14-03-2016, 01:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/13/2016 9:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
on my hand tonight.

Stupid kitchen accidents.

Oh yeah, the pic
http://i66.tinypic.com/2mer0xw.jpg

--
ღ.¸¸.*¨`*
Cheryl
Old 14-03-2016, 01:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:21:54 -0400, Cheryl wrote:

On 3/13/2016 9:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
on my hand tonight.

Stupid kitchen accidents.

Oh yeah, the pic
http://i66.tinypic.com/2mer0xw.jpg

You SHOULD have asked here, we'd have told you NOT to do that.

Old 14-03-2016, 01:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/13/2016 9:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
on my hand tonight.

Stupid kitchen accidents.

Hurts just hearing about it. Hope it heals soon.
There are some burn ointments that take the sting out fast. Pick one up
and keep it handy for the future.
Old 14-03-2016, 02:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

I hope yours gets better soon, Cheei.

N.

Old 14-03-2016, 02:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:21:24 -0400, Cheryl
wrote:

I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
on my hand tonight.

Stupid kitchen accidents.

One tiny piece of corned beef... no way should you be allowed in a
kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER! I wouldn't trust you to prepare a
bowl of corn flakes.
Why do you need a grease separater for corned beef, I don't own one of
those moronic thingies, never considered owning one... anyone who owns
one should never be permitted in a kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER!
Those silly grease separators are the lowest IQ gizmos ever invented,
a serious accident waiting to happen... no professional kitchen would
allow those stupid things. Now that you burned yourself with that toy
I hope you got a wake up call to never ever enter a kitchen again,
cooking is not your thing... find a new hobby... finger painting. You
are very lucky it was only your hand and you didn't mutilate your
face. Stay far away from cooking, take up the harmonica... perhaps
the mouth organ is your forte, or an organ in your mouth. LOL
Old 14-03-2016, 02:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
wrote:

My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

I hope yours gets better soon, Cheei.

N.

Hmm, another one with no business in kitchens...
Old 14-03-2016, 02:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

I would have thought vaseline would make it worse, maybe that why
yours keeps blistering?

Old 14-03-2016, 02:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

*blink*

--
ღ.¸¸.*¨`*
Cheryl

Old 14-03-2016, 02:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

I would have thought vaseline would make it worse, maybe that why
yours keeps blistering?

I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.

John Kuthe...
Old 14-03-2016, 02:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

I would have thought vaseline would make it worse, maybe that why
yours keeps blistering?

I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.

John Kuthe...

Aloe, and a triple 2ni.
Old 14-03-2016, 02:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:21:31 PM UTC-5, Cheryl wrote:

I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
on my hand tonight.

Stupid kitchen accidents.

--
ღ.¸¸.*¨`*
Cheryl

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
Old 14-03-2016, 03:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
on my hand tonight.

Stupid kitchen accidents.

Ouch, been there done that, you have my sympathies.

koko

James Beard
Old 14-03-2016, 03:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:08:25 PM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

I hope yours gets better soon, Cheei.

N.

Depends entirely on how severe the burn, but yes cold water and I'm not so sure about the Vaseline but if it works for you it evidently works. Ever try aloe?

John Kuthe...