Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Burned.......

I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
on my hand tonight.

Stupid kitchen accidents.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/13/2016 9:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
> it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
> separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
> of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
> ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
> on my hand tonight.
>
> Stupid kitchen accidents.

Oh yeah, the pic
http://i66.tinypic.com/2mer0xw.jpg

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:21:54 -0400, Cheryl > wrote:

>On 3/13/2016 9:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
>> it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>> separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
>> of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
>> ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
>> on my hand tonight.
>>
>> Stupid kitchen accidents.
>>

>Oh yeah, the pic
>http://i66.tinypic.com/2mer0xw.jpg

You SHOULD have asked here, we'd have told you NOT to do that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/13/2016 9:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
> it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
> separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
> of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
> ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
> on my hand tonight.
>
> Stupid kitchen accidents.

Hurts just hearing about it. Hope it heals soon.
There are some burn ointments that take the sting out fast. Pick one up
and keep it handy for the future.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

I hope yours gets better soon, Cheei.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:21:24 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
>it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
>of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
>ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
>on my hand tonight.
>
>Stupid kitchen accidents.

One tiny piece of corned beef... no way should you be allowed in a
kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER! I wouldn't trust you to prepare a
bowl of corn flakes.
Why do you need a grease separater for corned beef, I don't own one of
those moronic thingies, never considered owning one... anyone who owns
one should never be permitted in a kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER!
Those silly grease separators are the lowest IQ gizmos ever invented,
a serious accident waiting to happen... no professional kitchen would
allow those stupid things. Now that you burned yourself with that toy
I hope you got a wake up call to never ever enter a kitchen again,
cooking is not your thing... find a new hobby... finger painting. You
are very lucky it was only your hand and you didn't mutilate your
face. Stay far away from cooking, take up the harmonica... perhaps
the mouth organ is your forte, or an organ in your mouth. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
>decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
>Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
>bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
>worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
>be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.
>
>I hope yours gets better soon, Cheei.
>
>N.

Hmm, another one with no business in kitchens...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
>decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
>Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
>bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
>worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
>be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

I would have thought vaseline would make it worse, maybe that why
yours keeps blistering?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 3/13/2016 9:21 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
>> it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>> separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
>> of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
>> ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
>> on my hand tonight.
>>
>> Stupid kitchen accidents.
>>

>Oh yeah, the pic
>http://i66.tinypic.com/2mer0xw.jpg

Nice, but ouch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/13/2016 10:10 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:21:24 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
>> it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>> separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
>> of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
>> ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
>> on my hand tonight.
>>
>> Stupid kitchen accidents.

> One tiny piece of corned beef... no way should you be allowed in a
> kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER! I wouldn't trust you to prepare a
> bowl of corn flakes.
> Why do you need a grease separater for corned beef, I don't own one of
> those moronic thingies, never considered owning one... anyone who owns
> one should never be permitted in a kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER!
> Those silly grease separators are the lowest IQ gizmos ever invented,
> a serious accident waiting to happen... no professional kitchen would
> allow those stupid things. Now that you burned yourself with that toy
> I hope you got a wake up call to never ever enter a kitchen again,
> cooking is not your thing... find a new hobby... finger painting. You
> are very lucky it was only your hand and you didn't mutilate your
> face. Stay far away from cooking, take up the harmonica... perhaps
> the mouth organ is your forte, or an organ in your mouth. LOL

*blink*

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:20:29 PM UTC-6, Jeßus wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
> >My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
> >decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
> >Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
> >bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
> >worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
> >be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

> I would have thought vaseline would make it worse, maybe that why
> yours keeps blistering?

I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:25:46 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:20:29 PM UTC-6, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
>> >decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
>> >Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
>> >bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
>> >worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
>> >be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

>> I would have thought vaseline would make it worse, maybe that why
>> yours keeps blistering?

>I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.
>
>John Kuthe...

Aloe, and a triple 2ni.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:21:31 PM UTC-5, Cheryl wrote:

> I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
> it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
> separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
> of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
> ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
> on my hand tonight.
>
> Stupid kitchen accidents.
>
> --
> ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
> Cheryl

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
>it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
>of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
>ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
>on my hand tonight.
>
>Stupid kitchen accidents.

Ouch, been there done that, you have my sympathies.

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:08:25 PM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
> My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
> decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
> Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
> bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
> worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
> be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.
>
> I hope yours gets better soon, Cheei.
>
> N.

Depends entirely on how severe the burn, but yes cold water and I'm not so sure about the Vaseline but if it works for you it evidently works. Ever try aloe?

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 22:25:27 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 3/13/2016 10:10 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:21:24 -0400, Cheryl >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
>>> it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>>> separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
>>> of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
>>> ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
>>> on my hand tonight.
>>>
>>> Stupid kitchen accidents.

>> One tiny piece of corned beef... no way should you be allowed in a
>> kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER! I wouldn't trust you to prepare a
>> bowl of corn flakes.
>> Why do you need a grease separater for corned beef, I don't own one of
>> those moronic thingies, never considered owning one... anyone who owns
>> one should never be permitted in a kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER!
>> Those silly grease separators are the lowest IQ gizmos ever invented,
>> a serious accident waiting to happen... no professional kitchen would
>> allow those stupid things. Now that you burned yourself with that toy
>> I hope you got a wake up call to never ever enter a kitchen again,
>> cooking is not your thing... find a new hobby... finger painting. You
>> are very lucky it was only your hand and you didn't mutilate your
>> face. Stay far away from cooking, take up the harmonica... perhaps
>> the mouth organ is your forte, or an organ in your mouth. LOL
>>

>*blink*

That pretty much sums it up
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:25:46 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:20:29 PM UTC-6, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
>> >decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
>> >Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
>> >bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
>> >worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
>> >be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

>> I would have thought vaseline would make it worse, maybe that why
>> yours keeps blistering?

>I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.

Yes, and some aloe is always good (as has already been mentioned).
I really hate burns... I'd rather have a cut or something else other
than a burn.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:08:25 PM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
>> My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
>> decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
>> Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
>> bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
>> worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
>> be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.
>>
>> I hope yours gets better soon, Cheei.
>>
>> N.

> Depends entirely on how severe the burn, but yes cold water and I'm not
> so sure about the Vaseline but if it works for you it evidently works. Ever try aloe?
>

> John Kuthe...

Vaseline (or butter, etc.) should *never* be used on on a fresh burn
because it traps the heat in under the skin, thus causing greater burn
damage. It's fine to use it on a burn that is already healing.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 9:51:08 PM UTC-6, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> John Kuthe > wrote:
> > On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:08:25 PM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
> >> My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
> >> decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is gone, then
> >> Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
> >> bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway. The
> >> worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing to
> >> be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.
> >>
> >> I hope yours gets better soon, Cheei.
> >>
> >> N.

> > Depends entirely on how severe the burn, but yes cold water and I'm not
> > so sure about the Vaseline but if it works for you it evidently works. Ever try aloe?
> >

> > John Kuthe...
> >

> Vaseline (or butter, etc.) should *never* be used on on a fresh burn
> because it traps the heat in under the skin, thus causing greater burn
> damage. It's fine to use it on a burn that is already healing.
>
> --
> jinx the minx

Like I said, depends on the severity of the burn. If the epidermis is not terribly destroyed as in a a very severe burn Vaseline could prevent evaporative/insensible epidermis moisture loss.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
>I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago it
>was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple of
>fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the ice off
>of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice on my hand
>tonight.
>
> Stupid kitchen accidents.
>
> --
> ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
> Cheryl

Sorry. I put fresh aloe on my burns and they were healed in 48 hours.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>>My favorite burn remedy...only have had to use it a few times in my seven
>>decades...is put it under running cold water until some of the sting is
>>gone, then
>>Vaseline on the burn, covered with layers of gauze or a gauze
>>bandage. For some reason, it keeps blistering away, in my case, anyway.
>>The
>>worst I had was tomato sauce which had been simmering all day, preparing
>>be canned. It went over my wrist. Ouch.

> I would have thought vaseline would make it worse, maybe that why
> yours keeps blistering?

Vaseline is not for burns.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 22:13:46 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 9:51:08 PM UTC-6, Jinx the Minx wrote:
>> John Kuthe > wrote:

>> > Depends entirely on how severe the burn, but yes cold water and I'm not
>> > so sure about the Vaseline but if it works for you it evidently works. Ever try aloe?
>> >

>> > John Kuthe...
>> >

>> Vaseline (or butter, etc.) should *never* be used on on a fresh burn
>> because it traps the heat in under the skin, thus causing greater burn
>> damage. It's fine to use it on a burn that is already healing.
>>
>> --
>> jinx the minx

>Like I said, depends on the severity of the burn. If the epidermis is not terribly destroyed as in a a very severe burn Vaseline could prevent evaporative/insensible epidermis moisture loss.

How come you know that?

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
>I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago it
>was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple of
>fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the ice off
>of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice on my hand
>tonight.
>
> Stupid kitchen accidents.

Sorry to hear that, I was roasting more cauliflower today and burned my hand
a bit on the pan but not so much that it hurt for long, sounds like yours
was one of those really painful kind. I hate when that happens.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 23:26:02 -0400 (EDT), Cheryl
> wrote:

>Cheryl > Wrote in message:
>> I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
>> it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>> separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
>> of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
>> ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
>> on my hand tonight.
>>
>> Stupid kitchen accidents.
>>

>How's that for a burn.
> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24v451x&s=9

Nasty, keep it good and clean.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

No blisters, Jebus....Vaseline keeps air out when the burn is fresh.
Air makes it hurt more.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sez you, Shel. Have you never burned yourself? Don't lie.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/13/2016 11:51 PM, jinx the minx wrote:
> Vaseline (or butter, etc.) should*never* be used on on a fresh burn
> because it traps the heat in under the skin, thus causing greater burn
> damage. It's fine to use it on a burn that is already healing.
>
> -- jinx the minx

I got into a disagreement a couple of decades ago while attending a
party at a doctor's house. One of his guests was using the oven to make
some hot hor's doevres and burned herself. An older woman said "Quick!
Put butter on it!" I said no, don't do that, it will seal in the heat
from the burn. Put your hand in cold water. Being at least 20 years
older than me she insisted she knew better. I went and got our host
(did I mention he was a doctor?). He told her NEVER put butter on a
burn! She was not happy about being corrected.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/13/2016 11:13 PM, Cheryl wrote:

> I've made the mistake of using an oily substance to kill the pain. Neosporin + pain relief. It made it blister worse. The ice is doing a good job killing the pain. I can remove it now and it doesn't sting as much but it's a huge blister that's going to burst, probably while I'm sleeping. lol

At work we have something from North Safety called Cool Jel. Works
fantastic on burns. I imagine similar is available at any pharmacy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-03-13 11:24 PM, Je�us wrote:

>> I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.

> Yes, and some aloe is always good (as has already been mentioned).
> I really hate burns... I'd rather have a cut or something else other
> than a burn.

While I was at university I had a summer job in the furnace room of an
alloy smelting plant. I got burned ever day. Most of them were small.
Our shifts had us working 7 days in a row and I only shaved on my
weekends. Bits of hot metal flying about would singe my beard but the
stubble kept it away from my skin. One was I was working on my furnace.
I was wearing the standard safety gear, long johns, heavy shirt and
pants, a wool jacket, heavy boots, leather leggings, hard hat, safety
glasses, vizor and gloves. I heard the SSSSSSS before I felt the pain.
A little space between my gloved and jacket was exposed, and that was
right where I was leaning against the metal shield around the inferno of
molten ore. Holey crap that one hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
>it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
>of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
>ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
>on my hand tonight.
>
>Stupid kitchen accidents.

Ouch! That's gonna hurt for a while. I always do cold water and
follow with an ice cube wrapped in a damp paper towel. Your burn
looks nasty. Pamper yourself for a couple of days
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 09:11:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 3/13/2016 11:13 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>

>> I've made the mistake of using an oily substance to kill the pain. Neosporin + pain relief. It made it blister worse. The ice is doing a good job killing the pain. I can remove it now and it doesn't sting as much but it's a huge blister that's going to burst, probably while I'm sleeping. lol
>>

>At work we have something from North Safety called Cool Jel. Works
>fantastic on burns. I imagine similar is available at any pharmacy.

Probably similar to Aloe Vera.
http://www.amazon.com/Burn-Water-Jel...words=cool+jel
Plenty burn treatment info on the net:
http://www.webmd.com/first-aid/tc/burns-home-treatment
http://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/...s/ART-20056649
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 11:23:11 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> b.com...
> >I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago it
> >was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
> >separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple of
> >fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the ice off
> >of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice on my hand
> >tonight.
> >
> > Stupid kitchen accidents.
> >
> > --
> > ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
> > Cheryl

> Sorry. I put fresh aloe on my burns and they were healed in 48 hours.

Depends entirely on the severity of the burns! In what's commonly called "3rd degree" burns, tissue is completely destroys and is never gonna heal completely in two days. In fact, may never "heal"/regenerate at all!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 11:33:02 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 22:13:46 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

> >> Vaseline (or butter, etc.) should *never* be used on on a fresh burn
> >> because it traps the heat in under the skin, thus causing greater burn
> >> damage. It's fine to use it on a burn that is already healing.
> >>
> >> --
> >> jinx the minx

> >Like I said, depends on the severity of the burn. If the epidermis is not terribly destroyed as in a a very severe burn Vaseline could prevent evaporative/insensible epidermis moisture loss.

> How come you know that?
>
> --
> Bruce

Because I'm an RN I suppose, and have tons of education about Anatomy/Physiology, etc.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 4:11:10 PM UTC-10, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:21:24 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
> >I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
> >it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
> >separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
> >of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
> >ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
> >on my hand tonight.
> >
> >Stupid kitchen accidents.

> One tiny piece of corned beef... no way should you be allowed in a
> kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER! I wouldn't trust you to prepare a
> bowl of corn flakes.
> Why do you need a grease separater for corned beef, I don't own one of
> those moronic thingies, never considered owning one... anyone who owns
> one should never be permitted in a kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER!
> Those silly grease separators are the lowest IQ gizmos ever invented,
> a serious accident waiting to happen... no professional kitchen would
> allow those stupid things. Now that you burned yourself with that toy
> I hope you got a wake up call to never ever enter a kitchen again,
> cooking is not your thing... find a new hobby... finger painting. You
> are very lucky it was only your hand and you didn't mutilate your
> face. Stay far away from cooking, take up the harmonica... perhaps
> the mouth organ is your forte, or an organ in your mouth. LOL

I cook that doesn't get burned or cut? Now I've heard everything!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 11:50:15 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 4:11:10 PM UTC-10, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:21:24 -0400, Cheryl >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago
> > >it was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
> > >separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple
> > >of fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the
> > >ice off of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice
> > >on my hand tonight.
> > >
> > >Stupid kitchen accidents.

> > One tiny piece of corned beef... no way should you be allowed in a
> > kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER! I wouldn't trust you to prepare a
> > bowl of corn flakes.
> > Why do you need a grease separater for corned beef, I don't own one of
> > those moronic thingies, never considered owning one... anyone who owns
> > one should never be permitted in a kitchen, not any kitchen, NOT EVER!
> > Those silly grease separators are the lowest IQ gizmos ever invented,
> > a serious accident waiting to happen... no professional kitchen would
> > allow those stupid things. Now that you burned yourself with that toy
> > I hope you got a wake up call to never ever enter a kitchen again,
> > cooking is not your thing... find a new hobby... finger painting. You
> > are very lucky it was only your hand and you didn't mutilate your
> > face. Stay far away from cooking, take up the harmonica... perhaps
> > the mouth organ is your forte, or an organ in your mouth. LOL

> I cook that doesn't get burned or cut? Now I've heard everything!

In ShelDUM's own mind, where he is legend unto himself! Shades of Narcissism!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 5:25:04 PM UTC-10, Jeßus wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:25:46 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:20:29 PM UTC-6, Jeßus wrote:
> >> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

> >> I would have thought vaseline would make it worse, maybe that why
> >> yours keeps blistering?

> >I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.

> Yes, and some aloe is always good (as has already been mentioned).
> I really hate burns... I'd rather have a cut or something else other
> than a burn.

These days when I get a burn, my treatment is to ignore it. I did cut my finger yesterday while removing my dishwasher. It's a drag because I have to stop and tend to it. My wife told me to use some antibiotic ointment that's supposed to be the best there is and she ought to know because she's a REGISTERED NURSE!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 11:23:11 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>> b.com...
>>> I was slow cooking my corned beef early and just a couple of hours ago it
>>> was ready. So, I poured the pot liquor (like that term!) into the fat
>>> separator cup and while it was pouring out, it overflowed onto a couple of
>>> fingers. That's fat cooked since noon today. YEOW! If I take the ice off
>>> of it, it hurts too much so I'll probably be sleeping with ice on my hand
>>> tonight.
>>>
>>> Stupid kitchen accidents.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
>>> Cheryl

>> Sorry. I put fresh aloe on my burns and they were healed in 48 hours.

> Depends entirely on the severity of the burns! In what's commonly called
> "3rd degree" burns, tissue is completely destroys and is never gonna heal
> completely in two days. In fact, may never "heal"/regenerate at all!
>
> John Kuthe...

I'm pretty sure no one with a third degree burn is going to put aloe on it
and call it done.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I know this is going to sound weird, but try pouring some soy sauce on the burn. I read this a while ago and have tried it once, it actually worked to kill the pain.

Denise in NH

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 09:59:19 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-03-13 11:24 PM, Je?us wrote:
>
>>> I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.

>> Yes, and some aloe is always good (as has already been mentioned).
>> I really hate burns... I'd rather have a cut or something else other
>> than a burn.

>While I was at university I had a summer job in the furnace room of an
>alloy smelting plant. I got burned ever day. Most of them were small.
>Our shifts had us working 7 days in a row and I only shaved on my
>weekends. Bits of hot metal flying about would singe my beard but the
>stubble kept it away from my skin. One was I was working on my furnace.
>I was wearing the standard safety gear, long johns, heavy shirt and
>pants, a wool jacket, heavy boots, leather leggings, hard hat, safety
>glasses, vizor and gloves. I heard the SSSSSSS before I felt the pain.
> A little space between my gloved and jacket was exposed, and that was
>right where I was leaning against the metal shield around the inferno of
>molten ore. Holey crap that one hurt.

Not very nice. My best (worst?) burn was probably directly behind my
right knee when I was a kid. Was riding a motor bike across a ploughed
field, bike went down with my right leg wrapped around the exhaust
while my cousin was on top of me crying (nothing happened to her .
It was a ******* because it took forever to heal, being a spot that
was in constant movement all the time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 10:59:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 5:25:04 PM UTC-10, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 19:25:46 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>> >I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.

>> Yes, and some aloe is always good (as has already been mentioned).
>> I really hate burns... I'd rather have a cut or something else other
>> than a burn.

>These days when I get a burn, my treatment is to ignore it.

It is, as long as it isnt too serious.

>I did cut my finger yesterday while removing my dishwasher. It's a drag because I have to stop and
>tend to it. My wife told me to use some antibiotic ointment that's supposed to be the best there is
>and she ought to know because she's a REGISTERED NURSE!

Take THAT John!