Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Burned.......

On 2016-03-13 11:24 PM, Je�us wrote:

>> I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.

> Yes, and some aloe is always good (as has already been mentioned).
> I really hate burns... I'd rather have a cut or something else other
> than a burn.

While I was at university I had a summer job in the furnace room of an
alloy smelting plant. I got burned ever day. Most of them were small.
Our shifts had us working 7 days in a row and I only shaved on my
weekends. Bits of hot metal flying about would singe my beard but the
stubble kept it away from my skin. One was I was working on my furnace.
I was wearing the standard safety gear, long johns, heavy shirt and
pants, a wool jacket, heavy boots, leather leggings, hard hat, safety
glasses, vizor and gloves. I heard the SSSSSSS before I felt the pain.
A little space between my gloved and jacket was exposed, and that was
right where I was leaning against the metal shield around the inferno of
molten ore. Holey crap that one hurt.