Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_53_] Jeßus[_53_] is offline

Default Burned.......

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 09:59:19 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-03-13 11:24 PM, Je?us wrote:
>
>>> I second guessed on the Vaseline too. But cold water\ice stops the burn and manages the inflammation.

>> Yes, and some aloe is always good (as has already been mentioned).
>> I really hate burns... I'd rather have a cut or something else other
>> than a burn.

>While I was at university I had a summer job in the furnace room of an
>alloy smelting plant. I got burned ever day. Most of them were small.
>Our shifts had us working 7 days in a row and I only shaved on my
>weekends. Bits of hot metal flying about would singe my beard but the
>stubble kept it away from my skin. One was I was working on my furnace.
>I was wearing the standard safety gear, long johns, heavy shirt and
>pants, a wool jacket, heavy boots, leather leggings, hard hat, safety
>glasses, vizor and gloves. I heard the SSSSSSS before I felt the pain.
> A little space between my gloved and jacket was exposed, and that was
>right where I was leaning against the metal shield around the inferno of
>molten ore. Holey crap that one hurt.

Not very nice. My best (worst?) burn was probably directly behind my
right knee when I was a kid. Was riding a motor bike across a ploughed
field, bike went down with my right leg wrapped around the exhaust
while my cousin was on top of me crying (nothing happened to her .
It was a ******* because it took forever to heal, being a spot that
was in constant movement all the time.