Old 14-12-2006, 11:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Default My first no knead bread attempt

Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Old 14-12-2006, 11:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

PeterL wrote:
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

That's exactly why we moved here nearly 3 years ago. Peaceful and quiet
- apart from the weather of course! It's not to everyone's taste but it
suits us down to the ground. Looking forwards to the solstice next week
- the Maeshowe webcam is running at http://www.maeshowe.co.uk/
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old 14-12-2006, 11:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Bruce wrote in news:7-
:

PeterL wrote:
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

That's exactly why we moved here nearly 3 years ago. Peaceful and

quiet
- apart from the weather of course! It's not to everyone's taste but

it
suits us down to the ground.

Sounds like Tasmania, where I will eventually move to.

Somewhere around the Strahan (sounds like Strawn)
area.

http://tinyurl.com/vs4l4

Looking forwards to the solstice next week
- the Maeshowe webcam is running at http://www.maeshowe.co.uk/

LOL!! Lots of black there!!

But....... why are the cameras in the tomb facing out?

Old 15-12-2006, 12:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Bruce wrote in news:7-
:

PeterL wrote:
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

That's exactly why we moved here nearly 3 years ago. Peaceful and quiet
- apart from the weather of course! It's not to everyone's taste but it

http://www.papastronsay.com/images/i...ews/aerial.jpg

http://www.papastronsay.com/images/i...s/aerial-B.jpg

I take it Papa Stronsay is on the left and your Island is on the right??

And what is the meaning of 'Papa'??

Old 15-12-2006, 06:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"PeterL" ha scritto nel messaggio
Bruce wrote in news:7-
:

PeterL wrote:
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

That's exactly why we moved here nearly 3 years ago. Peaceful and quiet
- apart from the weather of course! It's not to everyone's taste but it

http://www.papastronsay.com/images/i...ews/aerial.jpg

http://www.papastronsay.com/images/i...s/aerial-B.jpg

I take it Papa Stronsay is on the left and your Island is on the right??

And what is the meaning of 'Papa'??

Papa, in italian, means Pope.

--
Merry Christmas
Pandora

Old 15-12-2006, 07:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

PeterL wrote:
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

That's exactly why we moved here nearly 3 years ago. Peaceful and

quiet
- apart from the weather of course! It's not to everyone's taste but

it

http://www.papastronsay.com/images/i...ews/aerial.jpg

http://www.papastronsay.com/images/i...s/aerial-B.jpg

I take it Papa Stronsay is on the left and your Island is on the

right??

And what is the meaning of 'Papa'??

Papa, in italian, means Pope.

Thanks Pandy :-)

Seems like a funny name for an Island.

Old 15-12-2006, 07:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"PeterL" wrote in message
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

Pah! He moved there so he could hide his stash of Bakewell Puddings!!!!!

Old 15-12-2006, 07:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

PeterL wrote:
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

That's exactly why we moved here nearly 3 years ago. Peaceful and quiet
- apart from the weather of course! It's not to everyone's taste but it

http://www.papastronsay.com/images/i...ews/aerial.jpg

http://www.papastronsay.com/images/i...s/aerial-B.jpg

I take it Papa Stronsay is on the left and your Island is on the right??

And what is the meaning of 'Papa'??

Papa, in italian, means Pope.

and in Germany it means Daddy!

Old 15-12-2006, 07:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

In article ,
"Ophelia" wrote:

"PeterL" wrote in message
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

Pah! He moved there so he could hide his stash of Bakewell Puddings!!!!!

Good to see you back posting O! I'd wondered where you were. :-)
What's up?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 15-12-2006, 07:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Ophelia" wrote:

"PeterL" wrote in message
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

Pah! He moved there so he could hide his stash of Bakewell Puddings!!!!!

Good to see you back posting O! I'd wondered where you were. :-)
What's up?
--
Peace, Om

Om!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugssssssssssssssssssssssssss))

Fine, fine, fine thank you. I am back at work full time and I am getting
ready for Christmas)

You??

Old 15-12-2006, 08:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

In article ,
"Ophelia" wrote:

Good to see you back posting O! I'd wondered where you were. :-)
What's up?
--
Peace, Om

Om!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugssssssssssssssssssssssssss))

Fine, fine, fine thank you. I am back at work full time and I am getting
ready for Christmas)

You??

Getting ready for the holidays as well, (just dragged the tree in from
the greenhouse yesterday and will try to get it trimmed today!) and
planning our roasted duck dinner for Christmas. ;-d

Working on year #20 at the same workplace.......

Hugssssss back atcha! :-)

I think I changed my nick' since you last posted and dropped the
"OmManiPadme".

It was just too bloody long!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 15-12-2006, 08:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Ophelia" wrote:

Good to see you back posting O! I'd wondered where you were. :-)
What's up?
--
Peace, Om

Om!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugssssssssssssssssssssssssss))

Fine, fine, fine thank you. I am back at work full time and I am getting
ready for Christmas)

You??

Getting ready for the holidays as well, (just dragged the tree in from
the greenhouse yesterday and will try to get it trimmed today!) and
planning our roasted duck dinner for Christmas. ;-d

Working on year #20 at the same workplace.......

Hugssssss back atcha! :-)

I think I changed my nick' since you last posted and dropped the
"OmManiPadme".

It was just too bloody long!

LOL it doesn't really matter does it, so long as we know it's you)

Old 15-12-2006, 08:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"PeterL" wrote in message
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

Pah! He moved there so he could hide his stash of Bakewell
Puddings!!!!!

OK, I give up. What're they?

Old 15-12-2006, 09:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

PeterL wrote:
Bruce wrote in news:7-
:

PeterL wrote:
Bruce wrote in
news

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g

That's certainly an 'out of the way' area there!!

That's exactly why we moved here nearly 3 years ago. Peaceful and quiet
- apart from the weather of course! It's not to everyone's taste but it

http://www.papastronsay.com/images/i...ews/aerial.jpg

http://www.papastronsay.com/images/i...s/aerial-B.jpg

I take it Papa Stronsay is on the left and your Island is on the right??

And what is the meaning of 'Papa'??

Papa Stronsay on the left, Stronsay on the right. Papa Stronsay is now
home to the monastery being created by the Transalpine Redemptorists.
The collection of houses around the harbour on Stronsay is Whitehall
village which is where we live.
"Papa" in this context indicates a connection with a monk or priest.
Old 15-12-2006, 11:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"Bruce" wrote in message

Oh well, that is a beautiful area too) I have had many a happy holiday
there eating Bakewell tart))))

Shirley a Bakewell Pudding g

Yes! And I still haven't managed to make one like those I've enjoyed in
Castleton :-(

Mary