Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking
The Ranger The Ranger is offline

Default Irish Soda Vs. Damper Bread (Was Damper, kneading and who's a real Peter)

PeterL > wrote in message
> "The Ranger" > wrote in

:
[snip]

> You'll have to post the recipe, I Googled for Charlies, but
> couldn't find anything.

Charlie Liam's Guiness Stout Beef Stew

INGREDIENTS:
2 lb. beef, cubed
3 Tbs. vegetable oil
4 Tbs. all-purpose flour
2 lg onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 1/2 cups Guinness
2 cups carrot, chopped
2 cups potatoes, quartered
2 Bay leaves
1 "branch" Rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Cube beef and toss into Ziploc with flour, salt and pepper. Dredge
beef and pat excess flour off. Heat oil in a deep skillet or Dutch
oven over medium-high heat.

Add the beef, browning on all sides; do not add complete 2-lb at
once -- stage for optimal browning. Set beef aside to "rest." Add
the onions; sautée. Add garlic; sautée. Add a small amount of water
to pan with rosemary and bay leaves. Add carrots and potatoes. Mix
in stout and beef (don't forget the juices from the beef!) Cover,
reduce heat to low, and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring
occasionally. Taste and adjust seasoning before serving. Serve with
heavy peasant bread or sour dough.

The Ranger