Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Ziploc (was Irish Soda Vs. Damper Bread)

The Ranger wrote:
> Bruce > wrote in message
>> "The Ranger" > wrote in
>>> ...Cube beef and toss into Ziploc with flour, salt and

> pepper....
>> Ziploc? Beef stock or a type of pan?

> /boggle
>
> Oh great and mighty Google, I ask of you, nay, beseach you, for
> enlightenment and understanding. "Ziploc" -- what is it?
>
> The Great Oracle immediately brings forth:
> http://www.ziploc.com/
> (First -- and only -- hit.)
>
> "Cube beef" means to cut a slab o' beef into cubes, small enough to
> eat, large enough not to confuse with ground meat.

Language is a strange beast is it not?
Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 979,000 for ziploc
When I read that ziploc was a type of plastic bag I thought I'd
misunderstood the recipe and wondered why you needed a plastic bag when
you wished to coat some cubed beef in flour etc.
Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 593,000 for "ground meat"
I now know that ground meat is what I think of as minced meat (not to be
confused with mincemeat <g>)
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney